PDA

View Full Version : So... What do we call the new party?

Doktor_Jeep
11-05-2008, 12:50 AM
As far as I am concerned, the Republican party it dead.

Good riddance.

Having been a delegate, we know who runs this party and we know that to continue to be republicans means that these people who screwed us will be crowding in the lifeboats.

The best thing to do is let them go down with their rotten ship.

So what name shall the new party have?

Surely my suggestion will not work, for lacking creativity, all I can come up with is:

"The leave me the f**k alone or I will put a bullet in your head party".

See? I can't do it.

So, knowing there are better people here, please, let us come together in council and you could all think about what to call the new party that rises out of the ashes of the republican party (that the neocons burned).

I will be in the corner loading my gun.

ChickenHawk
11-05-2008, 12:52 AM
I think the death of the GOP is greatly exaggerated. The Democratic party was supposed to be dead 10 years ago. Just wait a couple of years and everything will be different. Change we can believe in is coming to a GOP near you.

nickcoons
11-05-2008, 01:01 AM
So what name shall the new party have?

I see no reason why disenfranchised Republicans shouldn't join the Libertarian Party.

WRellim
11-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Leaving the GOP NOW is as foolish as selling a stock when it hits bottom.

That is the time to BUY folks... NOT sell.

The Republican party is in shambles... they are NOT blaming Ron Paul... they are blaming MCCAIN and his "centre-left hands-across-aisle" baloney.

SOME of them are even (finally) beginning to acknowledge that BUSH/CHENEY and the Rovian neocons were nothing but RINO's all along and that they not only squandered the GOP's lifeblood, but also F'd over the country.

CF: FreeRepublic thread -- its VERY enlightening.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=166893

NOW is the time to strike. Now is the time for the WINTER SOLDIER to cross the Delaware and hit the enemy (RINOS) when they are down, to PURGE them out of the GOP, and for US to step into their places.

Besides... there is nowhere else to go. The Libertarian Party? Gimme a break, I mean seriously, there really was no "there" there even before Bob Barr decimated its ranks. And as much as I liked Baldwin, the Constitution Party is pretty much non-existent. We should FOLLOW Ron Paul's advice and example.

Doktor_Jeep
11-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Aww c'mon.

I can already hear it now:

"you can't say 'libertarian' without saying 'arian".

You just KNOW the enemy will use that.

Besides, we need a new name, a new gig.

How about:

"We just dumped 1,000,000 corrupt Republican party delegates and precinct chairs in the Ocean and now we mean business" party.

Oh there I go again...

Doktor_Jeep
11-05-2008, 01:25 AM
Leaving the GOP NOW is as foolish as selling a stock when it hits bottom.

That is the time to BUY folks... NOT sell.

The Republican party is in shambles... they are NOT blaming Ron Paul... they are blaming MCCAIN and his "centre-left hands-across-aisle" baloney.

SOME of them are even (finally) beginning to acknowledge that BUSH/CHENEY and the Rovian neocons were nothing but RINO's all along and that they not only squandered the GOP's lifeblood, but also F'd over the country.

CF: FreeRepublic thread -- its VERY enlightening.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=166893

NOW is the time to strike. Now is the time for the WINTER SOLDIER to cross the Delaware and hit the enemy (RINOS) when they are down, to PURGE them out of the GOP, and for US to step into their places.

Besides... there is nowhere else to go. The Libertarian Party? Gimme a break, I mean seriously, there really was no "there" there even before Bob Barr decimated its ranks. And as much as I liked Baldwin, the Constitution Party is pretty much non-existent. We should FOLLOW Ron Paul's advice and example.

NOW the Freepers are talking revolution! ha!

Where were they when.... ah we know that trip.

It's the same crap. Every power they gleefully handed to Bush is now in Obama's hands. The gnashing of teeth and anguish they will exhibit is well deserved.

All those years we warned them. They called us un-patriotic.

The freepers are in disarray since Isengard fell.

WRellim
11-05-2008, 01:40 AM
NOW the Freepers are talking revolution! ha!

Where were they when.... ah we know that trip.

It's the same crap. Every power they gleefully handed to Bush is now in Obama's hands. The gnashing of teeth and anguish they will exhibit is well deserved.

All those years we warned them. They called us un-patriotic.

The freepers are in disarray since Isengard fell.

But they are also very VULNERABLE right now...

And if nothing else... we can say "WE F'ING TOLD YOU SO!!!"

(BTW, I think there is at least a 50% chance that McCain will switch parties within the next year -- he's going to get a hell of a whip lashing from GOP bigwigs -- and arrogant ass that he is, I think he won't stand for it, instead he'll show his true colors and "bolt" to the Dems in exchange for some committee chair spot -- and jump in bed with his buddies Lieberman & Kerry & Kennedy, et al ... all the turds together again in one big basket!)

Doktor_Jeep
11-05-2008, 01:46 AM
I am so tempted to go in there and do just that.

It's nice to see them thinking about Ronald Reagan! For a change? That sound you hear is hubris coming down hard.

That thread would make the owner if this website proud:

http://www.thereaganwing.com/

WRellim
11-05-2008, 01:56 AM
I am so tempted to go in there and do just that.

It's nice to see them thinking about Ronald Reagan! For a change? That sound you hear is hubris coming down hard.

That thread would make the owner if this website proud:

http://www.thereaganwing.com/

It really *IS* a rather AMAZING thread... if you read deeper and deeper (i.e. onto the second and third page of replies) there are some REAL GEMS.

Including statements like "...while GWB ran as a Reaganite-conservative, once in office, he became a Globalist/Bakerite and betrayed us all... just like his father did before him" (that's a paraphrase... but the gist is unchanged !!!!! )

I mean for "freepers" that is a DRAMATIC change... it's kind of like watching a chimpanzee learn to use tools for the first time!
:D

And the "love" they all have for McCain is just visceral... (snort!)

Chester Copperpot
11-05-2008, 01:56 AM
Destroy the fed party!

Doktor_Jeep
11-05-2008, 01:58 AM
It really *IS* a rather AMAZING thread... if you read deeper and deeper (i.e. onto the second and third page of replies) there are some REAL GEMS.

Including statements like "...while GWB ran as a Reaganite-conservative, once in office, he became a Globalist/Bakerite and betrayed us all... just like his father did before him" (that's a paraphrase... but the gist is unchanged !!!!! )

I mean for "freepers" that is a DRAMATIC change... it's kind of like watching a chimpanzee learn to use tools for the first time!

And the "love" they all have for McCain is just visceral... (snort!)

Speaking of chimps, one of them made a reference to watching one of them trying to screw a football - that had me rolling.

Yes, Freepers.... WELCOME TO OUR WORLD

john_anderson_ii
11-05-2008, 02:04 AM
If the freepers are saying, "Oh my god, what the fuck have we been doing?", and if the party core is mobilizing to oust the necons, then I guess a win for Obama was really a round-about win for Ron Paul. It's just the long road.

Doktor_Jeep
11-05-2008, 02:11 AM
If the freepers are saying, "Oh my god, what the fuck have we been doing?", and if the party core is mobilizing to oust the necons, then I guess a win for Obama was really a round-about win for Ron Paul. It's just the long road.

Indeed.

But I must implore my fellow Paulians not to play nicey nicey with the freepers. They need to be made aware of their folly.

Sadly, it will be hard to tell the freepers from the true patriots. I seriously do not want these assholes in the lifeboat with me. There is plenty of room for new patriots are have not demonstrated 8 years of stupidity.

I knew Freerepublic was done when they started flaming Larry Klayman (Judicial Watch) for adhering to the principles of his organization. That was back in the spring of 2001.

WRellim
11-05-2008, 02:17 AM

There is the POSSIBILITY that with the GOP vulnerable... we can get in there and RESHAPE the thing (by which I mean the GOP, not "freeperland").

THEY are PISSED at McCain (and Bush II and Rove, and well... the whole RINO garbage collection):
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2125559/posts?q=1&;page=51

Our former "enemies" may have finally seen the light. If so, we need to strike while the iron is hot!

Get them reading and watching RP (including the Fed, and the need for Austrian Economics to solve our depression) -- get them to TRULY understand the NWO agenda that betrayed both the Reagan administration AND the Reagan/Goldwater legacy.

Along the way, we can give them some DIGS and full-on spankings for dissing our man RP... but THAT has to be secondary to educating and RECRUITING them to OUR TEAM.

Convince them that it was THEM that left us (and therefore Reagan/Goldwater) in their foolish chase after the Bush/Rove/McCain insanity.

And don't forget, it was after John Kerry LOST the election that the DNC turned to Howard "the Scream" Dean and put him in charge of reshaping their "party." The current Obama "win" was AT LEAST as much due to Howard Dean as it was to Obama-mania.

WRellim
11-05-2008, 02:20 AM
Indeed.

But I must implore my fellow Paulians not to play nicey nicey with the freepers. They need to be made aware of their folly.

Sadly, it will be hard to tell the freepers from the true patriots. I seriously do not want these assholes in the lifeboat with me. There is plenty of room for new patriots are have not demonstrated 8 years of stupidity.

I knew Freerepublic was done when they started flaming Larry Klayman (Judicial Watch) for adhering to the principles of his organization. That was back in the spring of 2001.

I'm only advocating "lurking" around the freepers as a way of gauging the "temperature" of the GOP -- sorta like sticking a thermometer up someone's A** -- you get the most accurate reading that way you know!

But I would wholeheartedly agree NOT to bother ACTUALLY engaging them on FreeRepublic at this point in time.

The place to ENGAGE is in your local GOP party meetings this winter and next spring (when the local chair and officer elections happen) -- THAT is when and where we can start changing the party.
:cool:

Doktor_Jeep
11-05-2008, 02:34 AM
There is the POSSIBILITY that with the GOP vulnerable... we can get in there and RESHAPE the thing (by which I mean the GOP, not "freeperland").

THEY are PISSED at McCain (and Bush II and Rove, and well... the whole RINO garbage collection):
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2125559/posts?q=1&;page=51

Our former "enemies" may have finally seen the light. If so, we need to strike while the iron is hot!

Get them reading and watching RP (including the Fed, and the need for Austrian Economics to solve our depression) -- get them to TRULY understand the NWO agenda that betrayed both the Reagan administration AND the Reagan/Goldwater legacy.

Along the way, we can give them some DIGS and full-on spankings for dissing our man RP... but THAT has to be secondary to educating and RECRUITING them to OUR TEAM.

Convince them that it was THEM that left us (and therefore Reagan/Goldwater) in their foolish chase after the Bush/Rove/McCain insanity.

And don't forget, it was after John Kerry LOST the election that the DNC turned to Howard "the Scream" Dean and put him in charge of reshaping their "party." The current Obama "win" was AT LEAST as much due to Howard Dean as it was to Obama-mania.

I think you are on to something.

If Ron Paul becomes the leader of the party - that is since the party is totally lacking in power at this point the influence goes elsewhere , there is a chance to reform it. Even the neocons are already leaving the sinking ship.

How do we ensure that Ron Paul is the one to rebuilld the party?

And that might be better than me trying to come up with another name for a new one.

Hmmmm......

The "Skull Jam" party?

WRellim
11-05-2008, 02:40 AM
I think you are on to something.

If Ron Paul becomes the leader of the party - that is since the party is totally lacking in power at this point the influence goes elsewhere , there is a chance to reform it. Even the neocons are already leaving the sinking ship.

How do we ensure that Ron Paul is the one to rebuilld the party?

And that might be better than me trying to come up with another name for a new one.

Hmmmm......

The "Skull Jam" party?

Well, I don't think there would be a DIRECT repeat or parallel (RNC is structured significantly different than DNC).

Besides, I don't think Ron Paul would even accept the job of RNC chairman even if he was BEGGED to take it over.

BUT... we *may* see them being open to having him on the RNC committee -- and even more likely that we may find ourselves (grassroots people) welcomed at the local and state levels (especially think of our grassroots organizing and fundraising skills -- we made McCain [and the rest of the candidates] look like crap!)

Conversely where this could end up in disaster is if the RNC taps the RPPCC campaign staff (who were mostly clueless and inept)... which I think is very unlikely (as their ineptitude should be obvious... still, can you expect good judgment from the RNC?)

moostraks
11-05-2008, 05:52 AM
But they are also very VULNERABLE right now...

And if nothing else... we can say "WE F'ING TOLD YOU SO!!!"

(BTW, I think there is at least a 50% chance that McCain will switch parties within the next year -- he's going to get a hell of a whip lashing from GOP bigwigs -- and arrogant ass that he is, I think he won't stand for it, instead he'll show his true colors and "bolt" to the Dems in exchange for some committee chair spot -- and jump in bed with his buddies Lieberman & Kerry & Kennedy, et al ... all the turds together again in one big basket!)

I think you are on to something with this McCain slinking off and showing his true self. However, my fear is that we need to be the ones to fill the void or there will be a Palin moon rising. She is manipulative and power hungry and the people who think she is a Republican conservative embody everything that will destroy liberty for their version of fascism/corporatism. The people that believe in her are zombies as much as an Obamabot.

When the Dem's went the route of Dean they did not evolve but devolved. I think tptb are anticipating making that much of a polarity shift in society and this election was Palin's unveiling for the republican parties makeover into the worst attributes it embraces in an attempt to play to the media perception of the republican base. They seem to be seeking to play the ultimate drama of theocrats against the atheists.

FindLiberty
11-05-2008, 07:30 AM
Call the new party NuGOP

picture a huge billboard:

...Sprung from elephant dung,

The NuGOP r3VOLution - "Liberty is the Constitutional solution."

AdamT
11-05-2008, 07:38 AM
The NewConservatives. GOPv2.

Truth Warrior
11-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Well ya can't name it "New Party", there's already one of those. Obama likes it. :p

http://www.newparty.org/ (http://www.newparty.org/) :rolleyes:

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
11-05-2008, 08:50 AM
I think the death of the GOP is greatly exaggerated. The Democratic party was supposed to be dead 10 years ago. Just wait a couple of years and everything will be different. Change we can believe in is coming to a GOP near you.

Rule #15. Disillusioned is the idea that problems are solved with lots of change. (The U.S. Constitution should be cherished as lightning in a bottle by its contents being altered, tweaked, clarified, and ammended as little as possible in order to improve the lives of American citizens. The best change comes in small, precious packages)

The idea that we need great change is disillusionment. Ammend means clarify. We need very careful tweaking of the Constitution.

Truth Warrior
11-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Go ahead and tweak the DEAD! :rolleyes:

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
11-05-2008, 09:19 AM

Rule #8. As a winning political campaign is a victory for tyranny, establishing a bipartisan American Movement to consecrate Civil-Purpose is a victory for the people (The intention is never to establish a totalitarian single party, for this is disillusionment, but to reestablish an eroded two party system.)

dr. hfn
11-05-2008, 11:50 AM
IMHO whether we restore the GOP or not there is one extremely important thing we need to do above all else. That is, OPEN THE DEBATES! If we do this then the LP, CP, GP, and Independents can win

Truth Warrior
11-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Rule #8. As a winning political campaign is a victory for tyranny, establishing a bipartisan American Movement to consecrate Civil-Purpose is a victory for the people (The intention is never to establish a totalitarian single party, for this is disillusionment, but to reestablish an eroded two party system.) I was with you all the way up to "American Movement", aside from that Rule #8 part. :D

tonesforjonesbones
11-05-2008, 11:55 AM
I called 4 gop headquarters in florida today and reminded them about the hundreds of thousands of Ron Paul supporters...they agreed...most did..one asshat did not..that is PASCO county..but I DO believe they realize their error. I will go back and work within the party as a teaM player...not as a protester...for pulling the gop back to conservativsm. tones

RonPaulNewbee
11-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Jeffersonian Party

travisAlbert
11-05-2008, 02:26 PM
I see no reason why disenfranchised Republicans shouldn't join the Libertarian Party.

That is why I did not vote Libertarian. Bob Barr was trying to reach the disenfranchised Republicans, and when the Libertarian Party nominated him, the true Libertarians were FORCED out. I did not vote LP, because I wanted to send a message that the real Libertarians do not like to vote for people who vote for wars, violate civil liberties, and lead the drug war. I say if we cannot take back the Republican Party, at least we shoud try to take back the Libertarian Party. I do not mind disenfranchised Republicans coming in, but they have to follow the party platform.

Xenophage
11-05-2008, 02:32 PM
"The leave me the f**k alone or I will put a bullet in your head party".

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I want to join that party soooo bad.

klamath
11-05-2008, 03:38 PM
IMHO whether we restore the GOP or not there is one extremely important thing we need to do above all else. That is, OPEN THE DEBATES! If we do this then the LP, CP, GP, and Independents can win

Ronald Reagan fought to give independent candidate John Anderson a place in the presidential debates in 1980. and Carter refused to debate with John anderson there. Reagan finially gave in and they only had one debate.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
11-05-2008, 03:49 PM
I was with you all the way up to "American Movement", aside from that Rule #8 part. :D

American movements have never been defined within the context of campaigns. To the contrary, political campaigns are false American movements orphaned apart from history while they are empowered by old, dug up, and obsolete legal precedents.
American movements create legal measures for a purpose. This purpose is to enhance the Civil-Purpose of the people in regards to their contentment.
False American movements dig up old legal measures. These old, legal measures corrupt into legal precedents. Legal precedents no longer serve to increase the contentment of the people, but are sanctioned and qualified into perpetual existence solely on the basis of their prior traditional existence.

heavenlyboy34
11-05-2008, 06:13 PM

QFT...you silly tweakers oughtta be careful, lest you find yourselves being tweaked! ;)