PDA

View Full Version : If Obama is half Black and half white....

puppetmaster
11-04-2008, 11:53 PM
If Obama is half black and half white and he and the media are touting him as a African American then why does he not say he is white as often as he says he is black. He is as much white as he is black and to not call himself white 50% of the time and be proud of it it sounds like he is racist.

yes I probably know the reason, just wanted to say it out loud.

Kludge
11-04-2008, 11:54 PM
:) Good point. It slipped from my mind.

ClayTrainor
11-05-2008, 12:04 AM
this is a good point that i will definitely bring up to my friends who fucking love obama...

Paulitician
11-05-2008, 12:06 AM
One drop of blood rule?

coyote_sprit
11-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Doesn't he also have a little Arabic in him?

jclay2
11-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I used to say that until I got so many dirty looks. We should have someone print up t-shirts that say Barack Obama: 44th white president! To bad you would probably get mugged and beaten to a pulp.

sevin
11-05-2008, 12:09 AM
In this day and age, it's shameful to be white, but being black, well, that's something you can be proud of.

Now tell me, which group is more racist?

coyote_sprit
11-05-2008, 01:01 AM
In this day and age, it's shameful to be white, but being black, well, that's something you can be proud of.

Green people

silus
11-05-2008, 01:45 AM
If Obama is half black and half white and he and the media are touting him as a African American then why does he not say he is white as often as he says he is black. He is as much white as he is black and to not call himself white 50% of the time and be proud of it it sounds like he is racist.

I dont think he refers to himself as black, but rather African-American, which is accurate. But I agree that Obama doesn't fully acknowledge his background, but we should be clear. No mixed race person is accepted as white. Yet, you can be mixed race, your skin color can even be whiter than white, and still can be accepted as black. This is not a "in this day and age" circumstance as the idiot below believes. As early as 1812 the law dictated that anyone with at least one black grandparent was considered black. Of course, that doesn't excuse ones individual responsibility, but thats just some of the historical origin.

Your logic is garbage.

Panoptimist
11-05-2008, 02:12 AM
http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/public/38751/2il0rpf.gif

politicsNproverbs
11-05-2008, 02:47 AM
FWIW, Obama has not only some "White" Blood, but also + Blue Blood + Royal Blood...

This info was part of the 11/3/08 News Alert from CuttingEdge.org
http://cuttingedge.org/newsletters/newsalert.htm

"The two candidates [Obama and McCain] also have very distant links to Princess Diana and President George Washington. Barack Hussein Obama, who many believe will become the 44th president, is kin to President George W. Bush, Senator Robert Byrd, Harry Truman and Dick Cheney. And you can add John McCain to the list of royally descended… and descended no less than from the same Scottish king as Obama. John McCain, the Republican presidential contender, and Barack Obama, his Democrat rival, are both descended from the same Scottish king."

"According to research by an American genealogist, they share a common bloodline that can be traced to William I of Scotland, or William the Lion. It was disclosed last year that Mr. Obama was a descendant of the monarch who ruled Scotland from 1165 to 1214, and his background and upbringing spans the globe. Senator McCain, the former navy pilot and Vietnam veteran, described his Scottish credentials in his autobiography, Faith of My Fathers ... Gary Boyd Roberts, a senior research scholar at the New England Historic Genealogical Society, found that both Mr. McCain and Mr. Obama can trace their ancestry to Isabel, an illegitimate daughter of William the Lion.

"Mr. McCain's family was traced back to his four-times great-grandparents, Hugh and Agnes McCain, who emigrated to Caswell County, North Carolina, in 1778. Mr. Obama's ancestor, Edward FitzRandolph, emigrated to America more than 100 years earlier."

crusader
11-05-2008, 07:18 AM
dont think he refers to himself as black, but rather African-American, which is accurate.

WRONG.

He is Black-American, he isn't from Africa, he is from Hawaii.

I know a bunch of White African-Americans, who are truely African American (from africa and moved to america), however people look at them funny when they say so. The messed up part is that the people that look at them funny aren't the true african-americans, they are BLACK-americans, or even AMERICAN-AMERICAN or to remove they redundancy, just BLACK. You don't see me going around saying that I'm European-American. I wish people would drop that racial undertone because I think it furthers racism.

A. Havnes
11-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Green people

I disagree. There's a lot more racism directed towards green people. Look at how the Wicked Witch of the West is portrayed! What about Ganondorf? Or how about those arrogant green people who kept popping up on Star Trek?

mconder
11-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Yes, but he doesn't want anything to do with his dirty whiteness. He said his white grandmother uses racial epithets and it a "typical white person."

A. Havnes
11-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Yes, but he doesn't want anything to do with his dirty whiteness. He said his white grandmother uses racial epithets and it a "typical white person."

When did he say that?

DamianTV
11-05-2008, 09:55 AM

Half black, half white, whats the difference, he is still a HUMAN BEING.

It is the CHOICES over things he has power over that I will condemn him or praise him for, not something that he has no choice, like who are his mother and father.

Xenophage
11-05-2008, 10:48 AM

I've been saying this for over a year.

yongrel
11-05-2008, 10:52 AM
For all intents and purposes, being black is not about genetics or lineage or any of the other nonsense; it's about appearance. If you look black, you're subjected to the circumstances of blacks in this country. Barack Obama looks black, and therefor identifies as black. Not a big deal.

You all are just looking for reasons to get your panties in a twist.

dannno
11-05-2008, 11:18 AM
For all intents and purposes, being black is not about genetics or lineage or any of the other nonsense; it's about appearance. If you look black, you're subjected to the circumstances of blacks in this country. Barack Obama looks black, and therefor identifies as black. Not a big deal.

Very true.

Kludge
11-05-2008, 11:29 AM

Hey! That's one more bitter mumbling I can throw in during arguments...

RonPaulNewbee
11-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks to the 4 or 5 guys left here, who represent the voice of reason.

I can't really add to their good points, but if you grew up in the mid-west looking like Barack, you were probably the only "black" kid around. And you were treated black. If you see a picture of him with his grandparents you don't automatically say to yourself, now there's their grandchild. You have to look deeper. What you see is a black kid with black facial features and a black fro ... and he was loved by grandparents that probably never thought they'd be raising a grandkid who looked like that. But Barack's all grown up so we can't pick on him as a kid. So, look at him standing next to Joe Biden, then. Can you see a difference? Can you tell which one is black? I can. And I would say that Barack is the black man in the picture. Simple.

WTF?