PDA

View Full Version : So much for the Wall Street bailout angering folks and influencing their votes

qh4dotcom
11-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Looks like the sheeple forgot about that with so many folks re-electing their incumbents who voted for it.

3rd party candidates who opposed it are barely getting 1%

bluto20
11-05-2008, 12:13 AM
i probably am that 1%. i went into the voting place with a list of who voted for/against the bailout in my state (missouri) and voted for all the nays.

Mahkato
11-05-2008, 12:17 AM
Is there a list anywhere of the people who voted for the bailout and got reelected compared to those who voted against the bailout and got reelected? Or something like that?

Brassmouth
11-05-2008, 12:21 AM
My congressman voted for the bailout twice and got reelected with almost 70%. Congress has a 9% approval rating and people keep voting the same assholes back into office.

Like I said, people are fucking stupid.

sevin
11-05-2008, 12:25 AM
My congressman voted for the bailout twice and got reelected with almost 70%. Congress has a 9% approval rating and people keep voting the same assholes back into office.

Like I said, most people are fucking stupid.

I edited that for you and added the word "most." Please don't be collectivist.

qh4dotcom
11-05-2008, 12:29 AM

Like I said, people are fucking stupid.

Couldn't agree with you more....I wonder how bad things have to get before people finally get tired of Republicans and Democrats

Oh wait...I forgot about this

http://tinyurl.com/x2x2x2x2

fr33domfightr
11-05-2008, 12:55 AM
I just saw the same thing here in Orange County, CA. John "Bailout" Campbell voted for it and is winning handily right now (at the present count). This is insane!

I think the problem here is the gerrymandering. Our Prop. 11 should PASS, which after the next Census (in 2010), should get the district drawing out of politicians hands. Future elections should be much better after that time. At least I'm hopeful.

FF

Josh_LA
11-05-2008, 01:21 AM
sheeple never disappoint me.

tangent4ronpaul
11-05-2008, 01:23 AM
It's too bad the C4L MASSIVELY FAILED in their first major project due to incompetence!

-t

Pete
11-05-2008, 05:34 AM
Boner (intentional sp) won with 68%. :rolleyes:

angelatc
11-05-2008, 05:53 AM
THis is one of the reasons that Americans don't understand the wars in the Middle East. We don't remember things that happened 2 months ago, and they're still enraged over things that happened 7 centuries ago.

pacelli
11-05-2008, 06:03 AM
Obama = 62,302,690 votes

McCain = 55,268,212 votes

All third parties + write-ins combined = 1,521,801 votes

So much for bailout outrage.

http://news.aol.com/elections/2008/president#presResults

http://hosted.ap.org/specials/election_night_2008/election_map_premium/index.html?SITE=MASPDELN

dirknb@hotmail.com
11-05-2008, 06:37 AM
...people are fucking stupid.

qft

Malakai
11-05-2008, 06:47 AM
For the most part people in the know about whats going on didnt even bother to vote.

I went mainly because I wanted to vote against the disgusting FL same sex marriage constitutional ban. Which of course passed.

Seriously why did I get up and go again yesterday? Each house is blue, Obama is prez, and every shitty piece of legislation on my ballot passed.

At least my anti-bailout congressman got re-elected. Seems on the whole incumbents dominated congress elections tho.

AdamT
11-05-2008, 07:03 AM
The MSM has turned this nation in a horde of zombified fools. Bottom line.

Until it becomes "cool" to be aware of important issues, American will remain a nation of sheep - and as educated, liberty-minded people, we will continue to lose badly. To change American back to the way it once was, what most of us here desperately desire, will require something earth shattering to get around the controlled and corrupt MSM.

acptulsa
11-05-2008, 07:11 AM
We have not yet overcome the false dichotomy and presented people with the real one. 'Us vs. them' is still tied up in abortion and gay marriage and other such errata, and even though the Republicans never deliver on the abortion issue and the Democrats never deliver on the gay marriage issue, there are people who will always vote for whomever will merely give them lip service on their pet issue. That said, there are also plenty of people who we can reach.

Us vs. them isn't really about these goofy assed wedge issues. Us vs. them is about totalitarianism vs. liberty. Kucinich wants to increase the food stamp program. Sullivan doesn't, but voted for the bailout then mentioned fiscal responsibility in his acceptance speech (and kept a straight face while doing it)! Which is on our side if the real divide?

We, too, need to work on knowing who our friends are and who our enemies are just as much as the unwashed masses.

kahless
11-05-2008, 07:42 AM
It's too bad the C4L MASSIVELY FAILED in their first major project due to incompetence!

-t

I agree that there is incompetence within CFL. Just look at the website that never should have been changed. But even if they did well the people in this country are largely ignorant to what their candidates stand for. Thus in bad times they just for along party lines for the opposite party.

It is unbelievable the clowns that got elected and relected in my area. This happened simply due to people voting row A. which selects all Democrats.

acptulsa
11-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Well, by 2010 it will be obvious that the bailout is a massive fail.

Of course, all it was designed to do is fatten the fatcats and carry the powers that be through this election. So, we all know it was in fact wildly successful. That said, this isn't what they said the bailout was for...

We haven't lost. We've merely had only enough time to lay our foundation, not enough to build our house. There's a lot of time between now and 2010--and these two years won't be pretty.

When the nation is pissed as hell at the Democrats over the state of the economy in November of 2010, will the G.O.P. still be the party of rich, pandering neocons determined to play Robin Hood Reversed, or will it be a party Ron Paul can truly be proud to be a part of? Only our blood, toil, tears and sweat can ensure that this question has the right answer.

I've been 'throwing my vote away' in the cause of liberty since 1982. I've never seen that cause advanced so far as it is today, thanks to the diligence of patriots like you. Please, please don't let the momentum fade away! I remember the lonely feeling of calling for liberty in the wilderness of apathy. Please don't put me back there.

Keep the faith and keep up the fight!!!

slacker921
11-05-2008, 08:03 AM
In NC:

Against the bailout:
Senator Elizabeth Dole [R] (co-sponsored the bill that would have stopped the Fannie/Freddie mess and voted twice against the bailout) = lost.
NC-1 Butterfield, George [D] = won
NC-3 Jones, Walter [R] = won
NC-5 Foxx, Virginia [R] = won
NC-7 McIntyre, Mike [D] = won
NC-8 Hayes, Robin [R] = lost
NC-10 Mchenry, Patrick [R] = won
NC-11 Shuler, Heath [D] = won

For the bailout:
NC-4 Price, David [D] = won
NC-2 Etheridge, Bob [D] = won
NC-6 Coble, Howard [R] = won
NC-9 Myrick, Sue [R] = won
NC-12 Watt, Melvin [D] = won
NC-13 Miller, R. [D] = won

SnappleLlama
11-05-2008, 08:05 AM
This is why I need anti-anxiety medication ;)

acptulsa
11-05-2008, 08:12 AM
In Oklahoma, eighty percent of our Represenatives voted for the bailout. One hundred percent were reelected...

We do have work to do.

qh4dotcom
11-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Well, by 2010 it will be obvious that the bailout is a massive fail.

True...but do you really think the sheeple will care?

When the nation is pissed as hell at the Democrats over the state of the economy in November of 2010

Sheeple doesn't care....the results of this election proves this...something more catastrophic needs to happen...see below

acptulsa
11-05-2008, 09:25 AM
True...but do you really think the sheeple will care?

Hell yes.

Want to wake someone up? Starve them.

mrd
11-05-2008, 09:43 AM
The MSM has turned this nation in a horde of zombified fools. Bottom line.

Until it becomes "cool" to be aware of important issues, American will remain a nation of sheep - and as educated, liberty-minded people, we will continue to lose badly. To change American back to the way it once was, what most of us here desperately desire, will require something earth shattering to get around the controlled and corrupt MSM.
Get around it? Aren't you avoiding the issue? The MSM makes it happen, point blank. Party faithfuls and lesser-of-two-evils would both disintegrate with a MSM free-for-alling candidates and offering true political discussion.

This two-party politics exposes the MSM for what it really does and what it's really capable of. Imagine all the other ways, which we aren't discussing, in which the MSM manipulates how the sheeple think.

The problem, and our target, is and has always been the MSM. Corporate media consolidation permitted by corrupt federal officials is a huge factor in this. Either the law takes down the MSM behemoth, or the citizens must.

All this talk of a revolution, and we don't even know who the enemy is.

qh4dotcom
11-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Hell yes.

Want to wake someone up? Starve them.

See below

and let's be realistic....in 2010 the sheeple will still be able to afford the dollar menu of fast food restaurants, the Ramen soups, grocery coupons will still be around, etc.

but I sure hope you're right.

Xenophage
11-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Looks like the sheeple forgot about that with so many folks re-electing their incumbents who voted for it.

3rd party candidates who opposed it are barely getting 1%

Dude, people don't give a shit. They really really don't They don't understand, and they don't care. They just like to sound educated and impassioned so that other people *think* they are, but they know they aren't.

H Roark
11-05-2008, 11:31 AM
I was arguing with a couple of friends who were voting for McBama about the ideals of voting on principal and when I reminded them that McBama was in favor of the bailout they immediately shut up and didn't have a response, yet I am 100% confident they still voted for either Obama or McCain.

parke
11-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Simpy put... Americans are fucking stupid.

Congress has bent us over and is fucking us royally and people keep sending these douchebags back to fuck us some more????

WHAT THE FUCK???

acptulsa
11-05-2008, 12:11 PM
An Alaska jury convicted Ted Stevens of a felony. It looks like he was just reelected. What needs be said beyond this inexplicable insanity?

Thrashertm
11-05-2008, 12:13 PM
The problem is that it's always "that other district/state's congressional reps or senators" that are the problem. My rep/senator can do no wrong!

tangent4ronpaul
11-05-2008, 12:16 PM
and let's be realistic....in 2010 the sheeple will still be able to afford the dollar menu of fast food restaurants, the Ramen soups, grocery coupons will still be around, etc.

but I sure hope you're right.

ummm... don't be so sure about that - I answered a survey yesterday and the bottom line was that McDonalds was curious if people would still buy their incredibly bad food if they raised the price of dollar menu items by 29 cents.

-t

Maltheus
11-05-2008, 12:26 PM
I was thinking that maybe people were starting to wake up with the bailout. But I guess that's yesterdays news. I think I'm done looking out for the country and will go back to looking after my own ass. It's just a waste of time and resources to try and move the sheeple. If anything, the people are downing the kool-aid faster than ever, for all our efforts. This country sucks.

ladyjade3
11-05-2008, 12:27 PM
they called our bluff. and we were holding trash.

georgiaboy
11-05-2008, 12:43 PM
In Georgia, I'm happy to report that US Senatory Saxby Chambliss (R-Bailouter) is in a runnoff with Jim Martin (D). A healthy 3.9% voted for Allen Buckley (L).

There were many who advance voted for Chambliss before his pro-bailout vote, so maybe, just maybe...

Nonetheless, McCain won the state, even with a smattering of Barr votes.

Pepsi
11-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Here in Idaho it looks like the Congressman Sali lost his relection bid. He voted agianst the bailout both times, and was agianst the North American Union!!

Congressman Simpson who voted for the bailout both times won his relection bid! And he does not belive in the North American Union, <aka does not think its happing> even thow he knows what it is..

By the way, Idaho was the first state in the Union to pass a law agianst the North American Union.

http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/2007/HJM005.html