PDA

View Full Version : Senate Races

bkreigh
11-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Alright lets get our heads back into this thing.

i see it is 56-40 right now on politico. What are the 4 outstanding senate races left to be determined? We are screwed if the dems get the last 4

SovereignMN
11-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Coleman/Franken in MN is up in the air.

bkreigh
11-04-2008, 11:12 PM
yeah that is a toss up i see the one in oregon is a close one as well.

Alaska has yet to close their polls so there is one. I am missing one more somewhere.

RP4EVER
11-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Wyoming

gjdavis60
11-05-2008, 12:14 AM
It's not like the Democrats have never had 60 seats before. So what? I think some of you are still affected by the propaganda you've been fed for so many years. The Democrats will not bring peace, prosperity, or contentment to the people. Nor will they outlaw private property and nationalize the means of production (any more than the Republicans have, anyway). They will, for the most part, continue current establishment policy. We all know this. After the hope wears off, dissatisfaction with government and politicians will return. It has to because the condition of the American people and their relationship with the ruling class will not improve. This is the cycle of American politics. One party gets blamed for the current problems, voted out, and the other comes in on promises of "change" and "hope". There is much rejoicing, followed by a brief honeymoon, then it starts all over gain. Meanwhile, the powerful remain entrenched and their interests protected.

So, this is not the apocalypse as far as I'm concerned. While I am disappointed that liberty-minded candidates did not win elections as we had hoped, I am also encouraged by the amount of dialog and mobilization we have achieved without the support and infrastructure of a major party throughout this election cycle. Indeed, all that has been accomplished has occurred in spite of the parties' best efforts to marginalize us.

Both parties, as they are currently constituted, are the enemies of liberty, and we must remain focused on breaking their duopoly one way or the other. Since we know they will not improve the situation of our fellow citizens, we can remain hopeful that dissatisfaction will continue to provide us with opportunities to spread the message.

One way to do this - the way Ron Paul recommends - is to continue to fight for control and visibility within the Republican party. I know this has been a very distasteful and disappointing strategy so far, but perhaps the party will be more receptive now that they have lost the White House and both chambers. I still believe that working from within one of the two major parties is a more viable strategy than trying to gain critical mass with a third party.

Keep the faith. We are just getting started.