PDA

View Full Version : Obama acceptance speech: Discuss

Mahkato
11-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Obama is "keeping the dreams of the founding fathers alive"! Ahahahahahaha!

Cleaner44
11-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Sorry, didn't bother to listen.

The_Orlonater
11-04-2008, 10:40 PM
What a fucking joke.

Well, except maybe for Hamilton's. ;)

RSLudlum
11-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Obama is "keeping the dreams of the founding fathers alive"! Ahahahahahaha!

Yeah, I'm waiting for him to quote one of them, but I'm not holding my breath.

edit: and how the hell did I know it would be a Lincoln quote??? :rolleyes:

bkreigh
11-04-2008, 10:49 PM

not a founding father

RSLudlum
11-04-2008, 10:50 PM
not a founding father

exactly!!!

RideTheDirt
11-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Did he really have the audacity to even utter a reference of the founders?!
Motherfucker!

james1906
11-04-2008, 10:52 PM

I figured it would be Lenin or Trotsky

bkreigh
11-04-2008, 10:52 PM
so when is his birthday going to be considered a federal holiday?

afmatt
11-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Sorry - can't discuss. I'm boycotting TV tonight. Whats the point? Seriously. We all know it's going to suck - everything thats going on now is smoke, mirrors and BULLSH!T.

My blood pressure is high enough without seeing it happen.

Dave
11-04-2008, 10:54 PM
He's READING it, for crying out loud!

I can't believe all these people are fawning over this man as he READS a speech off the teleprompters.

Whose words are these, anyway? I could stand up there and read this speech. Any of us could.

McCain did it, too. These men aren't orators or statesmen...they're just talking heads. It wouldn't be as tragic if it didn't WORK but people lap it up like it's the real thing. I guess they wouldn't recognize the real thing anymore.

RSLudlum
11-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Damn, is it me or was that one of the most unaspiring presidential acceptance speeches ever heard?

amonasro
11-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Blech. He had them chanting "YES WE CAN" on command toward the end. I live in Chicago, if I had my windows down and the TV off I probably could have heard them.

silus
11-04-2008, 11:08 PM
On another note, its nice to see "real Americans" in the audience. :rolleyes:

I'm real happy the Republicans got their asses kicked. It was clear that with the ease they could call Ron Paul an anti-American, they would have no problem sorting through the American people and dictating who is and who is not a patriot. You're not going anywhere today with that trash. Maybe now they can open up the tent to conservatives even if they DON'T agree on just one issue. Being a Republican hopefully now includes those who do not support a given war. And maybe you can be a Republican even if you do acknowledge America has faults in foreign policy.

Democrats can be inclusive without limits, it is their great fault. Republicans must understand their true conservative principles are not inherently exclusive...if they stick to them. But today their exclusivity as bit them in the ass. So today, I say DEATH to conservatism being just about heterosexual marriage, war, a pro-life stance and dictating who is a true American.

As Ron Paul said, this election is about the rejection of false conservatism.