PDA

View Full Version : YouTube video of Glenn Beck interviewing Scheuer

crhoades
09-07-2007, 08:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwlT7gK-a1Q

ctb619
09-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Scheuer is apparently a big fan of Lincoln's prosecution of the Civil War.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Glenn Beck? Never heard him. I'll continue that trend by ignoring everything he has said about RP recently.

jpa
09-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Ron Paul has said similiar things (to paraphrase) "If you are going to go to war, declare it, fight it, win it, and come home. Don't fight undeclared war with no objectives and no clear enemy"

crhoades
09-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Ron Paul has said similiar things (to paraphrase) "If you are going to go to war, declare it, fight it, win it, and come home. Don't fight undeclared war with no objectives and no clear enemy"

True...but something tells me, he isn't high on Lincoln. Habeas Corpus anyone?

jpa
09-07-2007, 09:30 PM
He is not high on lincoln because of his nationalist zeal. It was a possiblity he could have ended slavery without going to war with the south and forcing the southern states to submit to Washington's central power. <shrug>

ctb619
09-07-2007, 09:32 PM
True...but something tells me, he isn't high on Lincoln. Habeas Corpus anyone?

That is what I'm referring to, as well as just war theory, which applies not only to the rationale for war but also the methods of the prosecution of a war.

SWATH
09-07-2007, 09:35 PM
My government education taught me to believe that the Civil War was fought because Lincoln wanted to free the slaves.

G. Edward Griffin taught me that Lincoln enslaved free people to free slaves.
Freeing slaves had nothing to do with the causes of the Civil War until later when it was used as pro-war propaganda, much like freeing the Iraqis.

crhoades
09-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Here we go...:eek:

So many threads here...Has the War of Northern Aggression...I mean the Civil War...I mean the...been debated here yet?

john_anderson_ii
09-07-2007, 09:41 PM
In context, I think Sheurer was saying he liked Abe's philosophy of war, he didn't agree on Abe's philosophy period.

The Civil war was not fought over slavery. I had a history teacher in High School who went outside the system to teach that. The Civil war was fought to consolidate the power of the federal government. Right, wrong, or indifferent I'm very glad we are still one country.

ctb619
09-07-2007, 09:45 PM
In context, I think Sheurer was saying he liked Abe's philosophy of war, he didn't agree on Abe's philosophy period.

The Civil war was not fought over slavery. I had a history teacher in High School who went outside the system to teach that. The Civil war was fought to consolidate the power of the federal government. Right, wrong, or indifferent I'm very glad we are still one country.

fair enough, so how would you define his philosophy of war?

Korey Kaczynski
09-07-2007, 09:51 PM
From what I've read of Imperial Hubris, I think Sheuer believes that the Union was right to go to war against the secceding states.

SWATH
09-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Probably the scorched earth policy

torchbearer
09-07-2007, 10:21 PM

1865, the year the states where conquered, the north by propaganda, the south by the muzzle of a gun.
How did Lincoln fund the "War of Northern Aggression"? I know the south was raped and pillaged of all its assets, among those assets- cotton...

synthetic
09-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Anyone really pay attention to the last few seconds? It was a subtle Bush endorsement for americans to hail their leader. Beck asked for a great military general, Abraham Lincoln was offered by Scheuer. Beck ran with it on cue and compared Bush to Lincoln. "Bush is turning a corner." "Bush is modeling himself now after Lincoln." :rolleyes:

The propaganda is getting thick for the 'surge report'.

ctb619
09-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Anyone really pay attention to the last few seconds? It was a subtle Bush endorsement for americans to hail their leader. Beck asked for a great military general, Abraham Lincoln was offered by Scheuer. Beck ran with it on cue and compared Bush to Lincoln. "Bush is turning a corner." "Bush is modeling himself now after Lincoln." :rolleyes:

The propaganda is getting thick for the 'surge report'.

Would you expect anything less from Glenn Beck?

synthetic
09-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Would you expect anything less from Glenn Beck?

Never heard of him before seeing that clip. I don't plan on tuning in either. :)