PDA

View Full Version : black people on my facebook and their statuses about obama winning

nbhadja
11-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Here is one of the statuses of this black girl I know:

" is on her hands and knees thanking God! Our President is AFRICAN AMERICAN! And it is BEAUTIFUL! AMEN!"

another black I know:

"is mad she stood in a line in the cold for 1:30hr/min to bubble in 12 dots...but is glad that her ppl are finally takin over the white house."

another black girls status:

"MY PRESIDENT IS BLACK! U CANT TELL ME ANYTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE."

They are not alone. 92% of blacks voted for Obama. I do not care what anyone says, most of them voted for Obama because he is black.

tropicangela
11-04-2008, 10:24 PM
"her people"... nice.

tonesforjonesbones
11-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Hey..one black came in our paltalk chat room and said "we have taken over ...you can get out of the way and stand in line"...well...i knew it would be like this. and it is like this. tones

dr. hfn
11-04-2008, 11:31 PM
fuck them, they will go away. the FREEDOM MOVEMENT WILL NEVER SAY DIE!

RSLudlum
11-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Hey..one black came in our paltalk chat room and said "we have taken over ...you can get out of the way and stand in line"...well...i knew it would be like this. and it is like this. tones

so he thinks 'skin color' makes him part of the BIG CLUB???? LMFAO!!!

The way it's going we're all gonna be in lines, USSR stylin'

jbrace
11-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Your comment is coming off as racist. Don't forget they're human just like you. Its the FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN president ever. It's a big step, and shows how far we've came. I would be excited too if I was about to have the first white president ever. Let them celebrate they have the right to.

v00513
11-04-2008, 11:45 PM

" is on her hands and knees thanking God! Our President is AFRICAN AMERICAN! And it is BEAUTIFUL! AMEN!"

another black I know:

"is mad she stood in a line in the cold for 1:30hr/min to bubble in 12 dots...but is glad that her ppl are finally takin over the white house."

They are not alone. 92% of blacks voted for Obama. I do not care what anyone says, most of them voted for Obama because he is black.

Think of it this way: 92% the people that voted don't know that there is absolutely no difference between the two main parties and two main party candidates. About the same percentage of those people that were registered as democrats only voted for him because he is of course, black.

tremendoustie
11-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Your comment is coming off as racist. Don't forget they're human just like you. Its the FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN president ever. It's a big step, and shows how far we've came. I would be excited too if I was about to have the first white president ever. Let them celebrate they have the right to.

I agree with your sentiment, and given our history it is good that we have gotten beyond race to a great degree. But, you would be wrong to celebrate the first white president ever, and I do think they are wrong, though I can understand it.

People are not better or worse because of the color of their skin, and we are not part of clubs divided by race. To say "my people" and mean people who look like me, is a racist sentiment.

I do understand though, and may this be the final nail in the coffin of racism forever.

Kevin_Kennedy
11-04-2008, 11:48 PM
My buddy is black and he was on Obama's team until I educated him on Ron Paul. His exact quote when Obama became official was, "Fuck him, where's Ron Paul."

tremendoustie
11-04-2008, 11:49 PM
My buddy is black and he was on Obama's team until I educated him on Ron Paul. His exact quote when Obama became official was, "Fuck him, where's Ron Paul."

And there is a man who judges not by the color of a man's skin, but by the content of his character.

Great men, like King Jr., and our founders, all of whom we purportedly venerate, have identified what is right. None of these problems are new. If only we were to listen to what our heros actually said, and learned the hard way.

JiMMy_247
11-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Finally, they elected a well connected millionaire as president!

This kind of thing is to be expected. I honestly appreciate the sentiment of the previous generation of black folks getting vindication from this event, but the current, thinking "they have overcome"... yeah, thatís just like Ron Paul said about national pride; any collectivist pride is just a way for lazy people to gain self worth simply by being born: Iím proud cuz Iím an American, a white man, a black woman, etc. Itís just nonsense.

All in all though.... man, they are gonna be sorely disappointed when they get to the mythical "Ease of Living" store and find that no one is working the counter. Welcome to 'the top' brother, you're still screwed.

AbolishTheGovt
11-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Let's be understanding and respectful of black Obama supporters' joy at the fact that racism was proven to be truly, for all intents and purposes, dead. But when we hear individuals talk about "my people" and "their people" and "us vs. them" and "group rights," let's never forget the words of F. A. Hayek: "Collectivism is slavery."

AdamT
11-04-2008, 11:57 PM
You can bet virtually none know anything about his policies, and voted for him for "change". They're gonna get change alright, just not the kind they were expecting....

Fred McRomliani
11-05-2008, 12:00 AM

Exactly. Like jbrace, I too embrace our new African overlords and denounce their detractors as racists.

kirkblitz
11-05-2008, 12:01 AM
when do we start bringing out the spears and shields?

sevin
11-05-2008, 12:03 AM
I personally an not racist at all. I consider racism to be another form of collectivism. But it makes me sad how so many black people are more focused on Obama's skin color than on his stance on the issues. That attitude makes them far more racist than the majority of white people in America.

Minuteman2008
11-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Exactly. Like jbrace, I too embrace our new African overlords and denounce their detractors as racists.

:p

The economy is already set in motion toward oblivion. Even "The One" will be unable to stop this train wreck. I think folks are in for some bitter disappointment. Let the Dims take the fall for a while. The tide will turn eventually. Here's hoping the GOP learns its lesson from this (though it's unlikely). Maybe now the neocons will switch parties again and go back home to where they belong.

coyote_sprit
11-05-2008, 12:40 AM
I have a feeling that by the time this presidency is over Obama and his supporters will plant a deep seed of animosity.

ChickenHawk
11-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Blacks may come to regret this. It's great that we finally have a black president but after Barack gets throught with us he may be the last black president. It would have been far more prudent to elect a black man that isn't a radical leftist.

smithtg
11-05-2008, 06:28 AM
I personally an not racist at all. I consider racism to be another form of collectivism. But it makes me sad how so many black people are more focused on Obama's skin color than on his stance on the issues. That attitude makes them far more racist than the majority of white people in America.

I had this almost exact thought driving into work today. The 'race thing' is so contridictory nowadays. I as a white male, do not not dare say I voted for Chuck Baldwin because he is a white man (of course that was not my reasoning anyway) but if it was I might be in jail. But any AA person can proudly claim the reverse and thats 'ok'

oh well, life goes on

Highland
11-05-2008, 06:32 AM
when do we start bringing out the spears and shields?

I have never said this on the forum...but you, MY FRIEND, are a racist.:eek:

rp08orbust
11-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Its the FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN president ever.

Has everyone forgotten that Bill Clinton claimed that distinction for himself?

dirknb@hotmail.com
11-05-2008, 06:38 AM
Yeah well, what did you expect? Black sheep are as stupid as white sheep.

Conza88
11-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Yeah well, what did you expect? Black sheep are as stupid as white sheep.

:) Indeed.

Now on a side note: This is awesome! {sarcasm} Now the black racists can shut the f---- up & quit their bitching, just as the white ones should.

"The suppression of the black race, white men in the oval office.... blah friggin blah"

The "black" (Half white, half black) (:rolleyes:) president.... just f---ked everyone over, the same and if not more than the white dudes...

SAME SHIT, DIFFERENT COLOR... ;)

Collectivism for the LOSS, in all its forms.

God damnit, a shit load of mther fkers better wake the hell up during the next four years, or I'm gonna be mighty bitter.. :o

brandon
11-05-2008, 08:30 AM

Well she's half right....about the African part. You should send her a link to Berg vs Obama so she can get rid of the crazy idea that Obama is American.

SnappleLlama
11-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Who gives a crap about what his skin color is? I'm not celebrating anything. His policies are going to kill us.

mconder
11-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Yes we can!

acptulsa
11-05-2008, 08:48 AM

I want to buy your friend a drink.

I also want to say that if he can put the policy ahead of the milestone, not only is he an intelligent, wise and rational man, but it is also an indication of how far this nation has come down the road that we at least pay lip service to. Forty years ago, the election of a person of color would have been a major victory for the cause of freedom.

Pity the first president of color will go down in the history books as a Jimmy Carteresque figure of impotence in the face of an unsalvageable economy. But then, therein lies the hope for the future of the Liberty Movement, so what's bad for him is good for us. But as I see bailout voters reelected over esoterica like gay marriage, I can't help but celebrate when a wedge issue that has decided elections in the favor of crooks in my lifetime dies an overdue death!

coyote_sprit
11-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Who gives a crap about what his skin color is? I'm not celebrating anything. His policies are going to kill us.

But he's black and thats all that matters.

MsDoodahs
11-05-2008, 08:55 AM
But when we hear individuals talk about "my people" and "their people" and "us vs. them" and "group rights," let's never forget the words of F. A. Hayek: "Collectivism is slavery."

I'm still going to call you guys "my people" because y'all ARE my people.

:)

orafi
11-05-2008, 08:57 AM
so, so this election success is a major accomplishment for him because he's black? does that mean that whenever he fails, it's because he's black?

MsDoodahs
11-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Yes we can!

cracked me up!

:D

PatriotG
11-05-2008, 09:02 AM
so he thinks 'skin color' makes him part of the BIG CLUB???? LMFAO!!!

The way it's going we're all gonna be in lines, USSR stylin'

Anyone who believes race is a relevant part of all of this is nothing more than a complete idiot

When they are carting people off to FEMA camps, color will not be an issue. They will cart us off black or white.

A. Havnes
11-05-2008, 09:24 AM

+1

This whole thing kind of reminds me of a book I read: http://www.larryelder.com/larrysbooks.html

Danke
11-05-2008, 11:15 AM
"There was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the black
community, I am obligated to this community and
will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the black
community first and foremost." Michelle Obama

parke
11-05-2008, 11:27 AM

another black I know:

You racist!!!!

(kidding)

The Grinning Maniac
11-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Well, here's a black man who voted against him. :P

I see through his bullshit even if very few people in my area do.

In my county, it was 74% to 25%....

Printo
11-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Who cares if Blacks are excited about Obama? Good for the African American community. Everyone complains about how 90+% of blacks voted for Obama. Uhh... *NEWSFLASH*, many minorities make up the Democrat coalition. Everyone is talking like this is some kind of unforeseen phenomenon. Blacks, who are mostly Democrat, voted mostly for a Black Democrat for President. I don't see what the big deal is. If any other Democrat ran, they would've won a majority of the Black vote anyways. It is kind of a big deal that we elected a Black president. Clearly none of us are drinking his Koolaid because we are on the opposite end of the political spectrum. I say give credit when it is due.

Now lets quit our bitching & get back to the drawing board and get some of those Congress seats in 2010!

Soca Taliban
11-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Although I understand the reasoning or lack of it, in the joyous celebrations that occurred as Obama was selected as president, I pity the ignorance that accompanies it. I think one thing that both side fail to see or recognize is the other perspective. On one hand you have many blacks who were attacked by dogs, sprayed with water hoses, beaten, lynch, and denied some of the basic rights that many now enjoy based soley on the color of their skin. To them Obama's election means something that you or I will NEVER be able to comprehend. For those, I can understand their excitement that a black man made it this far, although I don't share their same views.

Until you walked in someone shoes don't be so quick to knock them. Now with that said, its the other moronic idiots (white & black) who have no concept of his policies or anything political, but jump on the band wagon of change that annoy me.

heavenlyboy34
11-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Think of it this way: 92% the people that voted don't know that there is absolutely no difference between the two main parties and two main party candidates. About the same percentage of those people that were registered as democrats only voted for him because he is of course, black.

+99999 for troof! :D

Deborah K
11-05-2008, 03:03 PM

another black I know:

bbbbbut.....he's not black......he's mulatto. (did I just say that?) :eek:

yongrel
11-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Considering that this country has been ruled by old white men for over 200 years, I'm not going to begrudge them a little pride.

Deborah K
11-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Considering that this country has been ruled by old white men for over 200 years, I'm not going to begrudge them a little pride.

I am living for the day when this country transcends race, age, gender, religion, party, sex pref, etc. and votes for the cream of the crop. When nothing else matters but the person's declaration of principles; level of intelligence; knowledge; wisdom; and experience.

hotbrownsauce
11-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Why are people acting like we are still racist?

I know that a great majority of black skinned people are democrats so I think it would make since to see a high number of black votes for Obama. Second I do know many black skinned people were voting for Obama just because of his skin. I know this because a black friend of mine told me and she thought it was stupid! We both agreed that voting for Obama is perfectly fine as long at it isn't based on color. Just as for Hilliary Clinton it was based on your Sex.

I guess maybe there is this one last very symbolic gesture of getting a black person, and or a women into office. Maybe in this election it's alright but if it continues to happen that people purposefully vote for someone because of their skin color then I think it shows some racism.

The color barrier has been broken, congratulations. Now next election please elect the next black president not based on skin. Because skin has nothing to do with who someone is.
I've seen very "white" black people. And very "black" white people.

qh4dotcom
11-05-2008, 03:29 PM

I have to disagree with you...blacks overwhelmingly vote Democratic...I recall John Kerry got 88%.

You could say blacks voted for him because he's a democrat AND he's black...but not that they voted for him JUST BECAUSE he's black.

There's a reason why a black man has never been nominated at the Republican party.

The_Orlonater
11-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Who cares if Blacks are excited about Obama? Good for the African American community. Everyone complains about how 90+% of blacks voted for Obama. Uhh... *NEWSFLASH*, many minorities make up the Democrat coalition. Everyone is talking like this is some kind of unforeseen phenomenon. Blacks, who are mostly Democrat, voted mostly for a Black Democrat for President. I don't see what the big deal is. If any other Democrat ran, they would've won a majority of the Black vote anyways. It is kind of a big deal that we elected a Black president. Clearly none of us are drinking his Koolaid because we are on the opposite end of the political spectrum. I say give credit when it is due.

Now lets quit our bitching & get back to the drawing board and get some of those Congress seats in 2010!

Stop trying.

Secede.

A. Havnes
11-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Well, here's a black man who voted against him. :P

I see through his bullshit even if very few people in my area do.

In my county, it was 74% to 25%....

Grinning Maniac, you're awesome! We need to stop thinking in terms of "black community" and "white community". Once upon a time, I thought things like race and gender were no longer issues.

Printo
11-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Stop trying.

Secede.

It seems too many people in this movement have this defeatist attitude. We had a decent showing for a bunch of 1st time & no-name candidates in a bad year to be a Republican. What did we expect? We have a grand opportunity ahead of us in 2 years. This movement has 2 years to grow & build strength. The revolution starts today. We've seen the results & we know where the battlegrounds are & who the enemies are. Its time to act like you got a pair & get to work.

Andrew-Austin
11-05-2008, 05:08 PM
I spoke with a black lady today who didn't like or vote for Obama. Not exactly sure if she voted McCain, but she seemed apathetic about both.

fedup100
11-05-2008, 05:35 PM

These people do not care if they are both the same. They are tribal in nature. and stick together. Now they, in their own minds are in control. O is their savior for they know he will favor them in all things and these people cannot make it on their own unless they have a hand out. Now they want more than a handout. they want the bling and all the trappings as long as they don't have to work for it.

Again, we are the new South Afrika.

tonesforjonesbones
11-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Our work is to assist the black community in understanding they are welcome to run in ANY party..I'd like to see more minorities in the goP. I was so angry when I heard complaints from the black community that there were no blacks at the GOP convention...but if they don't join the GOP...how can there be any blacks there...??? Here is a FANTASTIC video I saw..and i like this a lot! tones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvc0tYG_YpA

This kid is adorable.

fedup100
11-05-2008, 05:45 PM
I am living for the day when this country transcends race, age, gender, religion, party, sex pref, etc. and votes for the cream of the crop. When nothing else matters but the person's declaration of principles; level of intelligence; knowledge; wisdom; and experience.

You'll be waiting a long time. God made different races for a reason. Do you know more than God? If they were all meant to live together in peace accepting of all, then the fact that there are different races makes no sense.

Wise up. There is a demonic faction out there that think they can modify all food because God goofed. They think they can blend the world with no conflict. Horsecrap. They are pushing them all together to create conflict. Don't you see what they are doing? Stop buying in to the bullshit.

yongrel
11-05-2008, 05:50 PM
You'll be waiting a long time. God made different races for a reason. Do you know more than God? If they were all meant to live together in peace accepting of all, then the fact that there are different races makes no sense.

Wise up. There is a demonic faction out there that think they can modify all food because God goofed. They think they can blend the world with no conflict. Horsecrap. They are pushing them all together to create conflict. Don't you see what they are doing? Stop buying in to the bullshit.

That is a truly retarded thing to say.

The_Orlonater
11-05-2008, 05:54 PM
It seems too many people in this movement have this defeatist attitude. We had a decent showing for a bunch of 1st time & no-name candidates in a bad year to be a Republican. What did we expect? We have a grand opportunity ahead of us in 2 years. This movement has 2 years to grow & build strength. The revolution starts today. We've seen the results & we know where the battlegrounds are & who the enemies are. Its time to act like you got a pair & get to work.

Pffft, they'll elect another democratic congress. We've ALWAYS been losing.

I am not paying off this debt. Secession for the win.

amonasro
11-05-2008, 06:01 PM
And there is a man who judges not by the color of a man's skin, but by the content of his character.

I love this quote from MLK Jr. Never thought of it being used the other way around :)

malkusm
11-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Being proud that the President is a certain race is racist, and there is no other justifiable explanation for it. Racism isn't inherently hating one particular race - it's ANY acknowledgment that the race of a person defines them.

The world has a long way to go before we can recognize all individuals AS individuals, and judge them for their virtues and vices, not primarily, but EXCLUSIVELY. Race is as irrelevant as gender or height or hair color or what brand of shoes you like to wear.

unklejman
11-05-2008, 07:07 PM

Do not sit there and think that you know God's intentions. The reason there are different races is from adaptation to environment. You wise up. The crap that you are spewing is what is demonic here and I suggest you watch what you say.

The Machine
11-05-2008, 07:59 PM

another black I know:

Ignorance is bliss...let's see what song they'll be singing four years from now.

TruthAtLast
11-05-2008, 08:08 PM

another black I know:

By constantly referring to this "historic moment" and thanking God that he is Black rather than saying a single thing about his policies or what he believes in.... aren't black people being racist against themselves?

amy31416
11-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Come on, when a group of people legitimately or even sometimes illegitimately feels as though they've been oppressed, it leaves them ripe for grasping at a straw. That straw is Obama.

I don't blame black people, and I see where they are coming from. The sooner we can eliminate racism, the better. It's just another tool for the powers that be. We are all the little guys, regardless of race, religion or gender. We are all pawns. The biggest loss in Obama's win is that black people traditionally (and with good reason) mistrust the government.

Guess what? They probably don't anymore. It's not like the powers that be feared militant feminists, so it makes sense that they'd take care of black skeptics first.

We need to come together, in a libertarian sort of way, and try like hell to put aside all of our biases and truly judge people on the content of their character--and move forward accordingly. I don't know that we're capable of that though.

RickyJ
11-05-2008, 08:11 PM

I hope Obama stays out of the rain. It would be a shame if the paint washed off in public. :D

mport1
11-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Seems like there are a lot of racist black people out there who are only judging Obama by the color of his skin.

Highland
11-05-2008, 08:19 PM
We all need a good black role model....regardless of our race!

TruthAtLast
11-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Although I understand the reasoning or lack of it, in the joyous celebrations that occurred as Obama was selected as president, I pity the ignorance that accompanies it. I think one thing that both side fail to see or recognize is the other perspective. On one hand you have many blacks who were attacked by dogs, sprayed with water hoses, beaten, lynch, and denied some of the basic rights that many now enjoy based soley on the color of their skin. To them Obama's election means something that you or I will NEVER be able to comprehend. For those, I can understand their excitement that a black man made it this far, although I don't share their same views.

Until you walked in someone shoes don't be so quick to knock them. Now with that said, its the other moronic idiots (white & black) who have no concept of his policies or anything political, but jump on the band wagon of change that annoy me.

To some extend, this is an excuse. Many African Americans DIDN'T go through those issues. They weren't slaves. They weren't sprayed with hoses. They didn't have to sit in the back of the bus (which is actually my favorite part of the bus growing up... as kids we used to fight for the back seat). Instead, older black generations have embedded this myth that they MUST struggle because there is a bias against them, even when much of it is put on themselves. Yes, that older generation DID go through racism and inequality, but much of that is self-imposed today. There are COUNTLESS examples of blacks that have succeeded because (just like whites or any other race) they decided to reject the hand they were dealt and make something of themselves.

Maybe I should say I'm oppressed and the world is against me because my "people" were slaughtered and ruled hundreds of years ago in Europe. They are oppressing themselves. I'm tired of the damn excuses from everyone (white, black, asian, mexican, ...) You are either going to make something out of your life and take control of your destiny or you aren't. There IS NO historical moment for Obama. He is just a guy that excelled and had ambition. What friggin difference does it make if he was black?

Printo
11-05-2008, 09:06 PM
To some extend, this is an excuse. Many African Americans DIDN'T go through those issues. They weren't slaves. They weren't sprayed with hoses. They didn't have to sit in the back of the bus (which is actually my favorite part of the bus growing up... as kids we used to fight for the back seat). Instead, older black generations have embedded this myth that they MUST struggle because there is a bias against them, even when much of it is put on themselves. Yes, that older generation DID go through racism and inequality, but much of that is self-imposed today. There are COUNTLESS examples of blacks that have succeeded because (just like whites or any other race) they decided to reject the hand they were dealt and make something of themselves.

Maybe I should say I'm oppressed and the world is against me because my "people" were slaughtered and ruled hundreds of years ago in Europe. They are oppressing themselves. I'm tired of the damn excuses from everyone (white, black, asian, mexican, ...) You are either going to make something out of your life and take control of your destiny or you aren't. There IS NO historical moment for Obama. He is just a guy that excelled and had ambition. What friggin difference does it make if he was black?

Well said!

My girlfriend is black and this is the same thing she has told me several times.

Cinderella
11-05-2008, 11:56 PM
come on, when a group of people legitimately or even sometimes illegitimately feels as though they've been oppressed, it leaves them ripe for grasping at a straw. That straw is obama.

I don't blame black people, and i see where they are coming from. The sooner we can eliminate racism, the better. It's just another tool for the powers that be. We are all the little guys, regardless of race, religion or gender. We are all pawns. The biggest loss in obama's win is that black people traditionally (and with good reason) mistrust the government.

Guess what? They probably don't anymore. It's not like the powers that be feared militant feminists, so it makes sense that they'd take care of black skeptics first.

We need to come together, in a libertarian sort of way, and try like hell to put aside all of our biases and truly judge people on the content of their character--and move forward accordingly. I don't know that we're capable of that though.

+1776!!!

libertarian4321
11-06-2008, 04:37 AM

another black I know:

You really can't figure out why this is occurring given the history of this nation?

C'mon, I'll bet even a few black Republicans were secretly a little giddy last night when Obama won, even if they disagree with him politically. I'll even bet other minorities gave a little cheer as well- for the first time in 232 years, our nation is headed by someone other than a white male.

It was a historic moment that most people thought they'd never see in their lifetime- so they are celebrating- they now see that it is possible for people like themselves to reach the pinnacle.

Geez, people celebrate far stupider things than that. Lighten up!

werdd
11-06-2008, 05:48 AM
Every black person i have seen has the biggest grin on their face.

I was standing in line at a convenience store and like 4 of them were all dancing saying "OBAMA IS PRESIDENT".

What if every white person decided to to not file tax returns this year?

werdd
11-06-2008, 05:51 AM

Yes and that shit is effectively over now. There will be class warfare now, the media will just try to quell it.

gilliganscorner
11-06-2008, 06:38 AM
Yes and that shit is effectively over now. There will be class warfare now, the media will just try to quell it.

No they won't. They'll - at the behest of the State - hype it to provide the pillar propaganda to deploy more troops within the US.:eek:

Natalie
11-06-2008, 06:46 AM
Who cares if black people voted for Barack? It doesn't matter who wins anyway.

Soca Taliban
11-06-2008, 07:35 AM

Maybe I should say I'm oppressed and the world is against me because my "people" were slaughtered and ruled hundreds of years ago in Europe. They are oppressing themselves. I'm tired of the damn excuses from everyone (white, black, asian, mexican, ...) You are either going to make something out of your life and take control of your destiny or you aren't. There IS NO historical moment for Obama. He is just a guy that excelled and had ambition. What friggin difference does it make if he was black? I never said I agree with it nor said their reasoning was valid. What I did say was I can understand why they might feel that way. Most people, regardless or race are lazy, but lets not try to act as if institutionalize racism doesn't still exist.

I'm focused on policies and as such could care less about skin color, because I know biologically race does not exist and as such isn't a determining factor for me when it comes to politics, but for that person(s) whose family member or friend was hanged, beaten, raped, and tortures simply because the hue on their skin pigment was darker, Obama's victory will have some significance for them.

Conza88
11-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Who cares if black people voted for Barack? It doesn't matter who wins anyway.

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/7895/surprisedzf9.gif

"Coolest member"

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/5751/tounguecj9.gif