PDA

View Full Version : Who is Ron Paul? We need to tell them!!!

DjLoTi
05-29-2007, 04:20 PM
I was asked this question about 30 minutes ago as I was posting a sign at McDonnalds drive-thru area

I told him about Ron Paul.

That's 2 more potential voters for Ron Paul. BTW - - this was a younger guy who had no idea who Ron Paul was.

AMERICA! We need to get out there!!! The word on the internet is going *very* well, but we need to do more OUT ON PLANET EARTH!!!

Here are my photos. Hopefully it will give you some good ideas.
(BTW.. I made my own signs because I have no stickers. I think these might be a lil better anyway :-P )

McDonnalds:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/LiveontheIsland/PHTO0001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/LiveontheIsland/PHTO0002.jpg

The local grocery store:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/LiveontheIsland/PHTO0004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/LiveontheIsland/PHTO0003.jpg

An ATM:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/LiveontheIsland/PHTO0005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/LiveontheIsland/PHTO0006.jpg

It is not so easy to go around posting signs... but it is possible!!! And it might make a difference!!!

I'm looking forward to feedback!

PS - I live in a *really* small town, but tomorrow I may be going to a bigger city, and may be more aggressive with my promotions. I plan to post outside of malls, gas stations, bar/club bathrooms (great place for sticker), farmers markets, ... any more ideas?

ALSO -
I'll be going to Church with a poster of Ron Paul. I'm not going to *try* to talk to people. I'm going to let them talk to me. I'm not going to push Ron Paul on people at church. I'm going to tell them that God wants me to do it, so I am doing it in the faith of God. Might sound crazy but it's really true!! Hopefully people will respect it!

JoshLowry
05-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Some people are not going to be very happy on this forum about your guerilla marketing tactics.

All I can say is you get an e for effort. ;)

I really hope this thread doesn't turn into a "How to market Ron Paul ethically." <--- That might be a good thread to make for someone with their personal advertising ideas.

Please Private Message him if you want to rant, if you don't want to discuss it privately with him then just let the thread die by not posting.

Thanks!

lucky
05-29-2007, 04:28 PM
I love your enthusiam but some can get in trouble for posting in theplaces you did without permission.

DjLoTi
05-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Yeah lucky That's why I didn't post in *super* obvious places... like right outside the doors. It was purely 'heat of the moment' when I decided I was going to do it and I did.

With better planning, and better handwriting. :-P . I could probalby turn it out better :)

lucky
05-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Yes you do sir.

austinphish
05-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Yeah lucky That's why I didn't post in *super* obvious places... like right outside the doors. It was purely 'heat of the moment' when I decided I was going to do it and I did.

With better planning, and better handwriting. :-P . I could probalby turn it out better :)

I agree with your tactics - don't let others discourage you! This election is that important.
I think your church idea is brilliant - if you really feel that God wants you to spread the word of The Good Dr., then you have every right.

BTW - a little inspiration - I was sitting at home yesterday working on researching FEC filings for a Texas Ron Paul PAC, and I got a knock on my door. It was someone asking if I had any extra Ron Paul signs. He said "i thought I had given up on politics long ago, but that Ron Paul guy makes sense!" here here, brother.

DjLoTi
05-29-2007, 04:39 PM
I agree with your tactics - don't let others discourage you! This election is that important.

I feel Ron Paul has the potential to change America for the better SO MUCH that I want to do everything I can to make my country the great country it is!

I am only 21 and I have so much life to live! I don't want to live it hoping for a better country. I'm going to take action NOW and do everything I can to make it a better country because it's my life, it's my future, and it's America's future too.

" If you love America.. Vote for Ron Paul "

lucky
05-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Did not mean to sound like I was discouraging anyone and apologize if it sounded like I was.

Just want you to be careful is all. Love your enthusiam and thanks for getting the word out.

DjLoTi
05-29-2007, 04:55 PM
No problem lucky thank you too!!! I've never been so passionate about anything *real* before! Ya, I've had passionate dreams and ideas, but nothing that is actually in my hands waiting to be molded. This is a very exciting time in my life.

I have only been following politics since the first GOP debate, and already I have learned so much about my country, my laws, and my people. It's a beautiful life, I tell you...

lucky
05-29-2007, 05:03 PM
No problem lucky thank you too!!! I've never been so passionate about anything *real* before! Ya, I've had passionate dreams and ideas, but nothing that is actually in my hands waiting to be molded. This is a very exciting time in my life.

I have only been following politics since the first GOP debate, and already I have learned so much about my country, my laws, and my people. It's a beautiful life, I tell you...

Yes life is great and meant to be enjoyed fully. I am loving that you are learning about politics and the law,etc. It is so important and very few do take the time.

ARealConservative
05-29-2007, 05:10 PM
kudos! This is exactly what it's going to take to win.

Because people mioght not want to believe these polls - but hit the streets and you will. "who's that?" - is running around 80% in my neck of the woods.

I can tell though - when I leave - more then 50% have a sparkle in their eye.

Or maybe it was dust - but I prefer sparkle. Keeps my head up high.

aravoth
05-29-2007, 05:11 PM
lmao

Leaflets dude, we need leaflets.

JoshLowry
05-29-2007, 05:13 PM
Get you some business cards too: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=92

They are great to hand to people who say "Ron who?"

ksuguy
05-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Yeah we really do need to get the word out to people that are not political junkies and that are not on the internet all the time. There are lots of people that are not online at all, especially older voters. Youtube videos are not going to reach people like my parents or grandparents.

I tried to do my part today by showing some videos to my mom when she was over at my house visiting. I don't know if I convinced her, but she did seem to like him. Unfortunately, it is going to be tough to convince her and my dad to vote for a republican. It's not like they like the democratic candidates, they just have a very strong dislike of republicans.

DjLoTi
05-29-2007, 08:45 PM
I would just like to say that almost every person I talked to today, I talked to about Ron Paul. I told them about the radio station I was going to make, I told them about how foolish Guilani is/was (we need to educate before it becomes ' lost in the past ' )

And I firmly believe that if anyone even recognizes your face, you can say something about politics... about Ron Paul... about current news/events...

Imagine talking to every single person, every single day you see about Ron Paul. Imagine every Ron Paul supporter doing this. I am sure that people would learn his name by then!!!

I just heard my neighbhor say "who is Ron Paul?". He knocked on my door and woke me up *i was crashed out*

I'll talk to him later about it... I'm still tired... I'm going to again crash out.....