PDA

View Full Version : Palin not only help sink McCain, she is finished

Liberty Star
11-04-2008, 08:48 PM
As far as national politics go, this is the end for that dim witted babe. That prank call she received from fake French President is a great highlight of this campaign though along with Joe the plunger.

Thanks for the memories McCain-Palin.

cindy25
11-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Palin might get the nomination in 2012, because the Republicans are still controlled by the religious nut-cases.

the party has changed, no more the party of Goldwater.

literatim
11-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Palin might get the nomination in 2012, because the Republicans are still controlled by the religious nut-cases.

If the party was controlled by the religious right, McCain would never have been nominated.

Spirit of '76
11-04-2008, 09:07 PM
If the party was controlled by the religious right, McCain would never have been nominated.

True.

You know that there are plenty of people out there right now quietly muttering "Huckabee 2012" to themselves.

Liberty Star
11-04-2008, 09:08 PM

Somewhere in this prank call where Palin is duped by Canadian radio DJs, she also says that she may be President in 8 years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcEiR01QK7o

I would put her chances at about 1% or less. She's the hotter and lesser bright version of Dan Quayle.

JAlli41
11-04-2008, 09:14 PM
I actually think Palin has a shot in 2012, remember this is the GOP not the dem. party. Republicans have historically come back from the dead over and over again, Nixon, Reagan, HW Bush. She definitely still has a shot

Cleaner44
11-04-2008, 09:16 PM
True.

You know that there are plenty of people out there right now quietly muttering "Huckabee 2012" to themselves.

Huckabee will be forgotten by then.

Cleaner44
11-04-2008, 09:17 PM
I actually think Palin has a shot in 2012, remember this is the GOP not the dem. party. Republicans have historically come back from the dead over and over again, Nixon, Reagan, HW Bush. She definitely still has a shot

If that is the case it will be another Democrat landslide.

angelatc
11-04-2008, 09:19 PM
If that is the case it will be another Democrat landslide.

Tucker Carlson has a blog now, and he wrote about Romney having a good chance at getting the nomination in 2012.

Can the GOP be that stupid??

Lovecraftian4Paul
11-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Tucker Carlson has a blog now, and he wrote about Romney having a good chance at getting the nomination in 2012.

Yes. Their leadership and a good chunk of their rank and file live for the war. Most Republican partyhacks I've talked to about economics refused to even believe the Federal Reserve isn't federal.

Cleaner44
11-04-2008, 09:27 PM

Sure, the GOP quickly forgot that they were trounced in 2006. They always blame the media and never take responsibility for themselves. After this election we must provide leadership and demand change within the party. Back to the GOP roots!

cindy25
11-04-2008, 09:28 PM
cycles are almost always 8 years, so Obama is the overwhelming favorite for 2012.

if not Palin who else? she would be the only one dumb enough to try

Aratus
11-05-2008, 10:24 AM
mitt romney had cut himself a check so as to eliminate a messy big campaign debt that could have cut short his next run if it lingered too long...

azminuteman
11-05-2008, 10:26 AM
True.

Huckabee could have actually pulled this off way better than McCain.
I hope he runs in 2012

acptulsa
11-05-2008, 10:28 AM
cycles are almost always 8 years, so Obama is the overwhelming favorite for 2012.

Unless the economy finishes crashing. And I'm pretty sure it will.

yongrel
11-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Actually, according to the exit polls, Palin helped McCain. 68% of votes said that Palin affected their decision, and 55% percent of those people voted for McCain.

Of the people who cared about Palin, the majority voted for McCain. Just by those numbers, it would seem she helped the ticket.

AdamT
11-05-2008, 10:32 AM
The Republican party is still controlled by neo-cons. To change that in the foreseeable future we need moreless an act of god.

Liberty Star
11-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Actually, according to the exit polls, Palin helped McCain. 68% of votes said that Palin affected their decision, and 55% percent of those people voted for McCain.

Of the people who cared about Palin, the majority voted for McCain. Just by those numbers, it would seem she helped the ticket.

This poll suggests otherwise:

Poll says Palin has hurt McCain in election run-up

Birmingham Star
Friday 31st October, 2008

According to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll, a growing number of voters are concerned John McCain's running mate, Sarah Palin, is not qualified to be vice president.

The people polled also said the choice of Palin had hurt McCain’s image and they had little confidence in his ability to pick qualified people for the administration.

http://story.birminghamstar.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/420d9e49bcaa69d0/id/424516/cs/1/

itshappening
11-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Gary Johnson is the only Republican who can beat Obama in 2012

muh_roads
11-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Palin is not going to run. She looks uncomfortable when she speaks, like she doesn't want to be here.

EndTheFed
11-05-2008, 10:42 AM

People aren't nut cases because they are people of faith..

Liberty Star
11-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Palin is not going to run. She looks uncomfortable when she speaks, like she doesn't want to be here.

I dunno, she seems pretty pumped about running things going by this :)

Somewhere in this prank call where Palin is duped by Canadian radio DJs, she also says that she may be President in 8 years:

I would put her chances at about 1% or less. She's the hotter and lesser bright version of Dan Quayle.

EndTheFed
11-05-2008, 10:43 AM

The prank call was her handlers fault not hers...

Freedom 4 all
11-05-2008, 10:53 AM

That brings up a very good question, how the hell DID McCain get nominated. Seems like every McCain supporter I know says things like, well I would have preffered (Huckabee, Paul, Giuliani, Romney, Hillary, Thomson) but I need to go with him because I dont like Obama.

slacker921
11-05-2008, 10:53 AM
The prank call was her handlers fault not hers...

Have you listened to it? She kept on talking despite many cues that it was a prank. Paris Hilton was the other one they had to tell that it was a prank call. The other folks they pranked picked up on it and hung up.

Spirit of '76
11-05-2008, 05:59 PM
That brings up a very good question, how the hell DID McCain get nominated. Seems like every McCain supporter I know says things like, well I would have preffered (Huckabee, Paul, Giuliani, Romney, Hillary, Thomson) but I need to go with him because I dont like Obama.

Because the media nominated him. He was dead in the water, up to his eyeballs in campaign debt, and totally lacking in any support.

Then the media started telling us he was going to make a comeback. Pretty soon they were calling him the "presumptive nominee".

It was all downhill from there.

malkusm
11-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Because the media nominated him. He was dead in the water, up to his eyeballs in campaign debt, and totally lacking in any support.

Then the media started telling us he was going to make a comeback. Pretty soon they were calling him the "presumptive nominee".

It was all downhill from there.

Look at some news stories for the time period between the Iowa caucus and the New Hampshire primary. Ron Paul practically TIED McCain in Iowa, one of the two largest farming states in the country, by running on a platform that wanted to get rid of farm subsidies.

All of the sudden the media machine started cranking:

-McCain endorsed by Boston Herald
-McCain endorsed by two largest newspapers in New Hampshire
-Poll numbers began to increase for him on all major news outlets (it wasn't because of anything he did, he was out of cash)
-More than 50% of the media coverage of the Republican primary went to McCain rallies
-I lost count of how many times I heard/saw the phrase "The Mac is Back!" within that week.

HollyforRP
11-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Palin is taking all the blame? I don't understand why considering without her, nobody was even happy with nomination of Mccain. He probably would have had less numbers.

This is the GOP yet again refusing to take any responsibility for choosing the wrong person so they blame the vice president, interesting.

1000-points-of-fright
11-05-2008, 08:05 PM
People aren't nut cases because they are people of faith..

If I said "Irish Terrorists" would you think I meant that all Irish are terrorists or would you think that I am referring to the subset of terrorists who are Irish?

Likewise, the "Religious nut-cases" in question simply refers to the group of nut-cases who's nuttiness centers around their religion and who happen to have a distressingly loud voice in the GOP. As opposed to the non-nutty religious Republicans who are not in control of the GOP.

libertarian4321
11-06-2008, 05:09 AM

Palin is headed the "Dan Quayle" rout- an unprepared, and not very bright, person is thrust into the national spotlight by a seemingly random VP pick.

After losing, the Quayle/Palin creature decides to strike out next time at the top of the ticket.

Republicans are slow, but they catch on eventually- they realize a dim wit like Quayle /Palin hasn't got a chance in Hell of winning the top job.

Quayle/Palin creature loses badly in primaries.

Fades into obscurity.

End of story.

Spirit of '76
11-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Look at some news stories for the time period between the Iowa caucus and the New Hampshire primary. Ron Paul practically TIED McCain in Iowa, one of the two largest farming states in the country, by running on a platform that wanted to get rid of farm subsidies.

All of the sudden the media machine started cranking:

-McCain endorsed by Boston Herald
-McCain endorsed by two largest newspapers in New Hampshire
-Poll numbers began to increase for him on all major news outlets (it wasn't because of anything he did, he was out of cash)
-More than 50% of the media coverage of the Republican primary went to McCain rallies
-I lost count of how many times I heard/saw the phrase "The Mac is Back!" within that week.

Exactly.

Don't forget the NY Times endorsement.

angelatc
11-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Have you listened to it? She kept on talking despite many cues that it was a prank. Paris Hilton was the other one they had to tell that it was a prank call. The other folks they pranked picked up on it and hung up.

Enough of you. My husband and I both listened to it and could not quite understand what he was saying through the accent. We assumed he was using fake names and such, but we had the advantage of knowing it was a prank.

On a crappy cell phone connection it was probably even harder to hear.

The media destroyed Palin because the liberals viewed her as a threat. You're pretty sad if you can't see they did the same thing to her that they did to Ron Paul.

angelatc
11-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Palin is taking all the blame? I don't understand why considering without her, nobody was even happy with nomination of Mccain. He probably would have had less numbers.

This is the GOP yet again refusing to take any responsibility for choosing the wrong person so they blame the vice president, interesting.

The McCain campaign insiders are eating each other right now - that's what this media spurt is all about.

Carole
11-06-2008, 09:27 AM
I have always been convinced that a switch was made in those New Hampshire results. He was dead in the water.

New Hampshire took place immediately following McInSane's quick trip to Florida and Lieberman's endorsing him. Something went on in Florida in those meetings and suddenly he returned to New Hampshire and won. This was shortly after Iowa.

Remember all the issues with the voting?

This was the state where McInSane kept saying 100 more years and that there will be many more wars and many deaths and terrible injuries to our troops. He was speaking at one of his town halls and the jaws were dropping among the audience.

Don't forget the "Bomb, bomb, bomb Iran joke he made on camera.

Maybe someone can find the you tube of one of those.

Here is one:

McCain: 100 years in Iraq "would be fine with me"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFknKVjuyNk

There is no honest way this guy could have won New Hampshire.

Following this he did well in North or South (?) Carolina, but not nearly so well as he did in his previous effort.

:D