PDA

View Full Version : GO BOB!!! 10% SC reporting, Conley has 40%

Gertie
11-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Graham cracker has 59%, Conley's at 40%. This is with 11% SC counties reporting, none of them on the strand (more dem voters).

GO BOB!!!!!

ok, it's now at 11% and Graham's at 60%, but I shall continue to think positive.

The_Orlonater
11-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Let's forget about this election.

Let's secede.

Kludge
11-04-2008, 08:43 PM
:D Cool! I wasn't expecting more than 35%. Nice to know Bob and company was able to convert many more since the polls I looked at.

RSLudlum
11-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Charleston Co. and Georgetown Co. haven't reported yet either. There's been quite a bit of anti-graham banter going on in Chas. Co. also. I still have my fingers crossed, but he may not pull the upset off.

Still quite impressive considering the funds ($20,000) he had to work with compared to Graham's ~10million.

Razmear
11-04-2008, 09:08 PM
All Incumbent SC US House Reps have been reelected.
Most of Bob's votes were from Straight Party Dem voters, not enough Repubs defected to make the difference.
South Carolina remains in the dark ages for at least 2 more years.

eb

AJ Antimony
11-04-2008, 09:11 PM
:D Cool! I wasn't expecting more than 35%. Nice to know Bob and company was able to convert many more since the polls I looked at.

What conversion? People vote based on party more than anything else. Conley's voters are big government Democrats who are only voting for him because of his (D)

RSLudlum
11-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Conley's voters are big government Democrats who are only voting for him because of his (D)

That's not all true, I know many Republicans (some military) that voiced support for Conley, but apparently the ones I associate with are a little more conscious than your average run of the mill Redder. ;)

Gertie
11-04-2008, 09:18 PM
All Incumbent SC US House Reps have been reelected.
Most of Bob's votes were from Straight Party Dem voters, not enough Repubs defected to make the difference.
South Carolina remains in the dark ages for at least 2 more years.

eb

The GOP Rep incumbents may still win, but McInsane was at 55/45, and now he's literally neck and neck 49/49, with 19 out of 46 counties, so I'm still reserving judgement on the senate. Bob has jumped to 45%, by the way.

Still no coast counties reporting yet, so those may yet give Bob a boost.

mediahasyou
11-04-2008, 09:19 PM

Let's secede.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=166705&page=1

Razmear
11-04-2008, 09:23 PM
The GOP Rep incumbents may still win, but McInsane was at 55/45, and now he's literally neck and neck 49/49, with 19 out of 46 counties, so I'm still reserving judgement on the senate. Bob has jumped to 45%, by the way.

Still no coast counties reporting yet, so those may yet give Bob a boost.

It's showing Wilson behind right now too, so we might get rid of one Rep.

For some reason the official site is lagging behind the news sites. They have no reporting for Anderson County on the state site, but the WYFF 4 site shows 80% of Anderson County reporting. There results use an ugly java app tho so I left their page after almost getting hung up.

eb

RSLudlum
11-04-2008, 09:26 PM
For some reason the official site is lagging behind the news sites. They have no reporting for Anderson County on the state site, but the WYFF 4 site shows 80% of Anderson County reporting. There results use an ugly java app tho so I left their page after almost getting hung up.

eb

I've been using these two sites: http://hosted.ap.org/specials/election_night_2008/election_map_premium/index.html?SITE=MASPDELN

http://news.aol.com/elections/2008/state/sc

Gertie
11-04-2008, 09:33 PM
It's showing Wilson behind right now too, so we might get rid of one Rep.

eb

Ah, crap! well then that means I may have been getting old results. :(
The captioning decided to crap out on the TV tonight, and since I can't stomach watching the talking mouths just to catch glimpses of graphs and names (since I'm in PA, I get no local SC news), it was scvotes.org for me.

I just noticed the official site gives one of several slightly different results everytime I reload. Weird. Thanks, RSLudlum for the other links.

RSLudlum
11-04-2008, 09:39 PM
People are still being reported in lines here in Charleston. I swear the line at the school (Oakbrook Middle, Summerville) we were doing a job today had to be at least 1/8 mile long for most of the day. We couldn't get our trucks in to do the job at either of the entrance gates (blocked by cars) and had to take down two fences to get to our job area. There are votes still being submitted, keep those fingers crossed. ;)

RSLudlum
11-04-2008, 09:47 PM
damn it....Georgetown just reported all it's precints and went to Graham 57% to Conley 43%...

Chas. Co. has only reported 14% precints, Graham 54%, Conley 46%

:(

mport1
11-04-2008, 09:48 PM

Let's secede.

Agreed. Everybody needs to sign up for the Free State Project.

kirkblitz
11-04-2008, 09:56 PM
god damnit, sales tax passed
conley lost
brown won

fucken shit day :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Razmear
11-04-2008, 10:09 PM
god damnit, sales tax passed
conley lost
brown won

fucken shit day :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

We voted down our sales tax in Anderson County, at least we won one locally.

eb

RSLudlum
11-05-2008, 12:31 AM
The race is over, but Conley is taking Charleston Co. so far with 33% of it's precincts reporting (Conley 54%). Chas. Co. has one of the largest block of registered voters (~218,000) in SC. It's going to be interesting to see what the final results are.

tremendoustie
11-05-2008, 12:43 AM
Agreed. Everybody needs to sign up for the Free State Project.

I just want to say, I support your efforts to promote the FSP. I can't join now, but I encourage people to join (or just move to NH!), and I hope to join myself one day in the not to distant future.

I'm actually a NH native, originally. I would love for my home state to be the one that demonstrates liberty to the country.