PDA

View Full Version : The Paul v Huckabee moment was a setup

agisthos
09-07-2007, 08:16 PM
One thing that not many people have commented on is the fact that the debate/moment between Paul and Huckabee was a setup.

They placed both candidates next to each other.

Huckabee clearly had pre knowledge that it was going to occur and was reading his lines from a script (invoking the worst sort of slogans about honour and nationalism) , while Paul had no idea it was going to happen and had to reply adlib.

They tried to turn this into a Guilliani type moment so Huckabee would get lot's of press. Almost every press release I saw about the exchange was quoting the same Huckabee line about honour and not being the divided states of America.

The elites have clearly seen that Mitt Romney has not been able to capture the christian base so they will be pushing Huckabee into at least the VP spot, who knows they even may try and run with him as the main candidate?

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Oh yeah, it was. But, just like the Giuliani moment. It ended up being a favor for us.

If that hadn't happened, we wouldn't be sitting so pretty with all this coverage of bin Laden and Scheuer tonight. And it has made Dr. Paul a hot ticket with the MSM for interviews.

LastoftheMohicans
09-07-2007, 08:25 PM
I've read a lot of comments on this forums where people have said that they like Huckabee but disagree with him. The guy is Bill Clinton without the corruption. He's slick and he lies. And to top it all off he claims to be a preacher. As I've said before on this forum, I feared that the MSM would try to push Huckleberry as the top of the "2nd tier". So far, they've had a little success. They played up his 2nd place in Iowa and now they're trying to say he won in his confrontation with Ron Paul. Before Iowa he was even with RP in the polls. Now he's gone up in a few.

agisthos
09-07-2007, 08:26 PM
It backfired on them for sure, but it shows how far Fox will go to sink Ron Paul's candidacy.

I wonder how he will be polling in NH after this?

paulaholic
09-07-2007, 08:26 PM
It wasn't staged. There were other instances in the debate that were clearly meant to set Ron up, but I don't believe this was one of them.

We don't need to cry conspiracy so often. It doesn't look good for us.

Oddball
09-07-2007, 08:28 PM
The Paul v Huckabee moment was a setup

Well, duuuuuh.

Everything that involved Dr. Paul in that entire "debate" absolutely reeked of sandbag job.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Huckabee had his little rehearsed diatribe all ready to go. He was just looking for the perfect opportunity to let it out.

njandrewg
09-07-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't think it was staged...but Huckabee definetly prepped to attack Ron Paul on the war issue...because it was the only way for him to get some attention

Paulitician
09-07-2007, 08:32 PM
While I don't think it was a setup intended by Fox, I do believe Huckabee had a lot of time to think about the opportunity as he stood right next to Paul, and ran with it. Controversy always sells, and Mike Huckabee probably saw that as a good way to get his name out there, along with the word "honor" tied with it. I'm not buying it, though. :)

d991
09-07-2007, 08:32 PM
If it was staged they did a pretty poor job.

I'm not sure sure it was, but if it was in fact planned in advance, this is great news for Ron Paul. It means they have nothing better than that to throw at him. They can't think of good arguments against his ideas.

I don't think many Republican party members would be happy with the GOP LOSING in 2008 just to maintain "honour" I've already read an article that says some GOP leaders wouldn't be too happy with that scenario.

james1906
09-07-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't think it was set up. But the hypothetical Iran thing, RP obviously went first so the other 7 can cut him down without a rebuttal.

Original_Intent
09-07-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't think it was staged...but Huckabee definetly prepped to attack Ron Paul on the war issue...because it was the only way for him to get some attention

I would agree it was more likely Huckabee strategizing more than conspiracy - the fact that they were next to each other is the most suspicious part....pretty hard to prove without a "Deepthroat" though.

My kingdom for an MSM "Deepthroat"...

joenaab
09-07-2007, 08:34 PM
I saw Huckabee on the Colbert Report the other night and he paid Ron Paul a compliment when he responded to the question, "who of the 2nd tier candidates do your fear the most", and he paused, then responded, "Ron Paul". He said it sincerely and I respected him for it.

Still, yes, that face off was probably a setup, but then everything these days seems to be designed to hamper the campaign.

Daveforliberty
09-07-2007, 08:37 PM
I did find the Huckabee speech odd, but I also thought there was a concerted effort to bring McCain back up in the polls. Rudy: I'd vote for John McCain; Huck: the "honor" comment; Faux News: the fake restaurant patrons. Mr. Science: The who the hell knows what machine.

rp08rp
09-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Huckabee calling for HONOR over "party election", with 1 country united is:

1-Undermining a fluid democratic system of checks and balances where he is saying the American people should shut up and have NO SAY
2-Not far from Russia or past regimes who have those who never served calling for honor and unity and refusing to allow objection.
3-Being in IRAQ is helping the terrorists recruit [7fold according to a RAND INSTITUTE]
PASS THIS AROUND

P.S.
Huckabee doesnt believe in evolution,
then what the F are fossils?

Huckabee doesnt believe in American prinxiples and democracy
then what the F is honor??

ButchHowdy
09-07-2007, 08:39 PM
". . . The guy is Bill Clinton without the corruption. He's slick and he lies. And to top it all off he claims to be a preacher . . . "

AMEN!

blazin_it_alwyz
09-07-2007, 08:42 PM
It wasn't staged. There were other instances in the debate that were clearly meant to set Ron up, but I don't believe this was one of them.

Look at the way the stage is set up. Fox News claims that the set up on the stage was chosen AT COMPLETE RANDOM.

You have Giuliani, McCain, and Romney in the middle

And you have Ron Paul ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT, right next to huckabee. Coincidence much? You can't tell me you think that the set up of the candidates on stage is random....

Mordechai Vanunu
09-07-2007, 08:44 PM

Who gives a damn? I'm undecided on this, but if I believed it I'd say so and defend my position. I couldn't care less what narrow-minded people think (and in this instance I define a narrow-minded person who would view someone as a kook for believing this "conspiracy theory" - these people reject any idea of conspiracy theories 99% of the time, and are the true fools).

If someone chooses not to support the man Ron Paul because some people on a forum supporting him choose to indulge in a theory they don't believe in, I don't consider it a huge loss.

SewrRatt
09-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Look at the way the stage is set up. Fox News claims that the set up on the stage was chosen AT COMPLETE RANDOM.

And you have Ron Paul ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT, right next to huckabee. Coincidence much? You can't tell me you think that the set up of the candidates on stage is random....

Tancredo was farther left than the Dr.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-07-2007, 08:45 PM

Where did you read this?

paulaholic
09-07-2007, 08:46 PM
the fact that they were next to each other is the most suspicious part....

Based on the "tiers", Dr. Paul had a 50% chance of being next to Huckabee and a 50% of being next to McCain. Not really too suspicious.

john_anderson_ii
09-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Mr. Science: The who the hell knows what machine.

I LOL at that comment. I was watching the live stream on the drive over to my in-laws to watch it on TV, and it had those lines on it THE WHOLE TIME.

I was freaking out in the car, yelling at the laptop*, and scaring the hell out of my wife. She's driving and I'm like "What the hell do these lines mean!" at the top of my lungs.

*A verizon wireless card for the laptop is coolest thing ever.

B964
09-07-2007, 08:59 PM
I did find the Huckabee speech odd, but I also thought there was a concerted effort to bring McCain back up in the polls. Rudy: I'd vote for John McCain; Huck: the "honor" comment; Faux News: the fake restaurant patrons. Mr. Science: The who the hell knows what machine.

100% agree.

Did I miss when they said how the machine worked? Was it connected right the the brains of people, or thier arse? I thought I was the only one that didn't know what that thing was.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-07-2007, 09:01 PM
The neocons love McCain...he must be a hit at Bohemian Grove.

jmarinara
09-07-2007, 09:01 PM
One thing that not many people have commented on is the fact that the debate/moment between Paul and Huckabee was a setup.

Huckabee clearly had pre knowledge that it was going to occur and was reading his lines from a script (invoking the worst sort of slogans about honour and nationalism) , while Paul had no idea it was going to happen and had to reply adlib.

They tried to turn this into a Guilliani type moment so Huckabee would get lot's of press. Almost every press release I saw about the exchange was quoting the same Huckabee line about honour and not being the divided states of America.

The elites have clearly seen that Mitt Romney has not been able to capture the christian base so they will be pushing Huckabee into at least the VP spot, who knows they even may try and run with him as the main candidate?

And you proof that this was set up and Huckabee had foreknowledge of the situation is what exactly??

Eli
09-07-2007, 09:07 PM
by pushing huckabee up they're only pushing one of their own down. Ron paul can only go up. Remember huckabee is splitting the vote. The more share he takes the better. We want it to be a fairly equal pie between all them. Makes Ron Paul require less votes to win the primary.

Bean
09-07-2007, 09:13 PM
by pushing huckabee up they're only pushing one of their own down. Ron paul can only go up. Remember huckabee is splitting the vote. The more share he takes the better. We want it to be a fairly equal pie between all them. Makes Ron Paul require less votes to win the primary.

I agree totally. Fred "lobbyist" Thompson entering the race is also EXTREMELY beneficial to our campaign because that will dilute the vote even further. You're absolutely right; pushing Huckabee up is a mistake.

disinter
09-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Agreed. It was staged.

No surprise.

PennCustom4RP
09-08-2007, 01:16 AM
I think that every question given to Ron Paul is a setup, at every debate. The questions are pointedly phrased to be contrary to the neocon position, and illicit uproar from the rest of the neocon panel. Half the time these are not even questions, they are statements, with the moderator detailing their version of the RP position, and Ron has to either correct their error, or fight through the heckling of the rest of the panel. Most often this backfires on the panel and moderators, but much time is spent in defense, and limits the further spreading of the message that RP is trying to get the nation to hear, while he is on the stage..

Chester Copperpot
09-08-2007, 01:48 AM
One thing I thought about Huckabee from the beginning of this latest debate.. That he had been accepted or 'let iin' by the neo-cons etc.. He was all over kissing john mccains ass.. sean hannity was in love with him all night, and he was playing with carl cameron during an interview like taking pictures of him on his camera for his website.. and hannity was just loving it.. "That huckabee.. what a great guy"

I found this to be a divergence from the huckabee ive seen from the get go.. I could be paranoid.. or this guy is on his way to becoming a CFR member.

It seemed like Huckabee was chosen to attack Ron Paul. you know like he was expendable if something backfired. He definitely had it rehearsed.. ever hear his fairtax spiel?? Fair, Finite, Family Friendly, etc.. he drones on horribly.

Either way, keep em all in.. The more pro war candidates the better.

Ron Pauls going to win guys because this country needs him that bad. Not to get all religious on everybody but I really think we've got God behind us on this.

Trance Dance Master
09-08-2007, 01:53 AM
They're putting him to the test. He's passing according to the general population. Scoring very high even.

JaylieWoW
09-08-2007, 02:04 AM

I think this is right on target.

Bear with me a moment.

First of all, prepping to have a "Ron Paul Confrontation" is NOT that difficult for the "challengers". They KNOW (just as we do) exactly where he stands on the war. So, I would submit that Huckabee's speech writer or campaign manager, or possibly anyone on his staff, had a moment of complete lucidity and came up with a rough outline of how to respond, should the opportunity present itself, to a Ron Paul "diatribe" against the war in Iraq.

One item that might make all of us laugh in return is that I'm also sure that whomever presented this "speech" also thought it might be the pivotal moment needed to reign in the support for Ron Paul under the "Huckabee" banner. Trust me, every single candidate for president wishes they had the built in, voluntary support Ron Paul has. Never lose sight of THAT!!

So, I respectfully submit that someone in the "Huckabee" tent had an "inspired" moment. It is really very simple to someone of sufficient writing skill to come up with a good bare bones argument FOR the war and given that our candidate, Dr. Paul, is completely honest about his thoughts towards this war, it makes his responses easier to predict. ;) Further, though I'm loathe to say so, it makes Dr. Paul's honesty a liability. But, I'd rather have honesty as a liability any day of the week than to have a liability of being:

a. A liar
or
b. A liar who thinks Americans are stupid.

LibertyEagle
09-08-2007, 03:16 AM
I think that every question given to Ron Paul is a setup, at every debate. The questions are pointedly phrased to be contrary to the neocon position, and illicit uproar from the rest of the neocon panel. Half the time these are not even questions, they are statements, with the moderator detailing their version of the RP position, and Ron has to either correct their error, or fight through the heckling of the rest of the panel. Most often this backfires on the panel and moderators, but much time is spent in defense, and limits the further spreading of the message that RP is trying to get the nation to hear, while he is on the stage..

I don't think so at the 1st debate, but after that, you bet.

austinphish
09-08-2007, 05:29 AM

I 100% agree. It was patently obvious. I bet Huckabee is having trouble sleeping at night, b/c I really think he is hard core christian, and not just go to church christian but actually has strong moral values. He knows he is telling a lie by participating in the charade that he did.

adpierce
09-08-2007, 05:43 AM
I don't think it was scripted, it was natural for Huckabee to chuck the word honor around because all night they were using that word to try to resurrect McCain from the ashes. His concept that "we broke it now we gotta fix it" however is something that is something that he has rehearsed. He was too slick about the momma and him in the store analogy for it not to have been planned. Of course, he might just use that analogy a lot in campaigning, that's possible too. My point is, just because a part of the whole interchange might have been rehearsed (my opinion: Huck just doing what anybody in these debates need to do, which is prepare) doesn't mean the whole thing was.

Johnnybags
09-08-2007, 06:23 AM

the master of ceremony's, announced to the crowd the podium position was chosen by drawing. Obviously, the odds of the three stooges landing in the middle and Huck next to Ron are like the odds of Brownback winning the nomination. Being able to split screen a Rudy laughter on the fly was also contrived. Odd, none of Carl's diners were interested in Ron yet outside and inside the debate he had the most support. It was a hit job gone bad. Now, FOX will send in the top Neocon, Oreilly, to ridicule with contempt an honest man and public servant. How could one possible answer in 1 minute about getting rid of all departments Wallace took a minute to ask about? Wallace was going for the lets make him look like a cook. Did not work. Oh well, its over but trust me, the entire thing was a hit job.

paulaholic
09-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Wallace was going for the lets make him look like a cook.

That wouldn't have been so bad for us. It might boost his appeal among hungry voters. :p

Captain Shays
09-08-2007, 10:21 AM
The mods were pretty tough on the mainstream candidates as well. I'm honest enough to see that. And though I wouldn't put it past this corrupt politicial machine to engineer that exchange between Hucks and RP, I will also acknowledge that the Huckster has already shown a quick witt with his John Edwards haircut comment in the first debate.

But I will ad this as well. There is definatly a concerted effort to bolster Huckleberry and McCoodle in the mainstream media because of the RP surge. The response to the recent news that RP has more contributions from active military personnel than ANY other candidate doesn't sit well with any of these globalist war mongering neocons, especially if he aslo tops McCoodle.
And RP has been gaining support from MANY Christians (we need the Christians) so they go after him with Huckleberry.

My prediction? They'll next go after the good doctor with his position on marijuana/drugs, probably in the next debate. Can you imagine given 10 seconds to explain how the federal govt has no authority to make drug laws to a crowd full of authoritarian Christians and old timers?

This will most likely backfire on them like their other attempts because most Americans believe that pot should be legal because most Americans have tried it or know someone who has and didn't die, rape their own daughters or rob a lquer store. Wanna see a million liberal Democrats come join our revolution? Let the Dr talk about legalizing pot.

emilysdad
09-08-2007, 10:52 AM
I agree with another poster who said every question to Ron is a setup. It would be simple to form a retort because Ron's positions are well known and don't change.

Ron has shown why he is Presidential material. When attacked, he stands up and answers the questions offensively and factual. He doesn't take a defensive position as even in defense, he remains offensive. That is leadership quality. Huckabee is the one that broke down and entered a defensive position with defensive "patriotic, rhetoric" instead of a factual response.

Ron should decline CNN's debate with Huckabee. Why should he debate Huckabee? Just the fact the top tiers refuse to engage him at the debates if proof they are afraid of him. Instead they give the task to Huckabee.

Ron is a top tier. He needs to act like one. Stay on the offensive. Tell CNN he will debate, one on one for one hour any of the frontrunners. Put the ball back into their courts and force them to accept or explain why they won't? That is what a top tier candidate, confident in their position would do. Anybody think the Rudy camp wants to read the headline, "Guilanni refuse to debate Ron Paul."

Stay on the offensive.