PDA

View Full Version : Crushing defeat for GOP would make it great night

Liberty Star
11-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Accountability in action the way things are progressing so far tonight, payback time for GOP for the way it treated RP and American people.
If Obama ditched anti American racist groups like AIPAC after winning election and did not become their puppet, this could be good news for America.

UtahApocalypse
11-04-2008, 07:57 PM
I guess its good because it will speed the way to the 2nd reveloution

MRoCkEd
11-04-2008, 07:58 PM
For some reason, I am actually enjoying watching Obama crush McCain...

Do I need help?

Liberty Star
11-04-2008, 08:01 PM

RP Revolution sowed the seeds for awakening of the people, this is continuation of the education process though far from a good result still.

Do I need help?

Nope, you are just getting an interesting lesson in human history like rest of us.

georgiaboy
11-04-2008, 08:02 PM
This is what I've been counting on for months now, ever since Ron Paul was dissed so badly in the primaries - GOP comeuppance.

The vindication feels pretty good right about now.

ProBlue33
11-04-2008, 08:06 PM

Do I need help?

I feel the same way

Kludge
11-04-2008, 08:08 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Policy gridlock is the best thing we can hope for. Country will be FUBAR if either party takes a "super majority". Nothing would be more indicative of an imminent totalitarian government!!

MRoCkEd
11-04-2008, 08:08 PM
yeah, shit

SnappleLlama
11-04-2008, 08:09 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Policy gridlock is the best thing we can hope for. We are fucked beyond hope if either party takes a "super majority". Nothing would be more indicative of an imminent totalitarian government!!

YES! This is exactly what I came here to say. We need gridlock for the next two years, damnit, not a complete Dem control.!!

MRoCkEd
11-04-2008, 08:10 PM
I know. FUCK

sajorojas
11-04-2008, 08:10 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Policy gridlock is the best thing we can hope for. Country will be FUBAR if either party takes a "super majority". Nothing would be more indicative of an imminent totalitarian government!!

This

mediahasyou
11-04-2008, 08:11 PM
http://www.richardshih.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/the_communist_party.gif

hypnagogue
11-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Consider though, the Dems will have no one to blame. The Republicans had their reign and fucked things hard. Now it's the Dems turn. Where then will the American people turn? I'll be waiting.

Mortikhi
11-04-2008, 08:12 PM
This is what I've been counting on for months now, ever since Ron Paul was dissed so badly in the primaries - GOP comeuppance.

The vindication feels pretty good right about now.

There's only 1 feeling better than the sweet chills I'm feeling right now seeing my party getting it's ass kicked tonight.

I'm glad my party is losing. GOOD!

Maybe now they will return to humble foreign policy and low taxes.

Kludge
11-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Consider though, the Dems will have no one to blame. The Republicans had their reign and fucked things hard. Now it's the Dems turn. Where then will the American people turn? I'll be waiting.

Blame's irrelevant when dissent is squelched! We've been on the path to a totalitarian government for decades (perhaps over a full century now). People are outrageously stupid to the point where they'd merely give a bullshit excuse of "well... The previous administration really fucked up the gov't!" and frankly, IT'S TRUE!

Interventionist foreign policy.

Expanding the monetary supply.

Bailout after fucking bailout.

IT CAN ALL BE TRACED BACK TO PREVIOUS (and the current) ADMINISTRATIONS!

georgiaboy
11-04-2008, 08:17 PM
John McBailout McAmnesty McFeingold McCain, you are a weak copy of a Democrat, and a worse fake of a Republican.

Sarah Palin, whatever.

No love lost here. Byebye.

Cleaner44
11-04-2008, 08:18 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Nooooooooo, we need the GOP to fail miserably so they must re-evauate what they stand for. The GOP must get back to living by the principles they talk about:
smaller govt
fiscal responsibility
Constitution
etc

georgiaboy
11-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Maybe now they will return to humble foreign policy and low taxes.

And it's our job to see that they do that.

hypnagogue
11-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Blame's irrelevant when dissent is squelched! We've been on the path to a totalitarian government for decades (perhaps over a full century now). People are outrageously stupid to the point where they'd merely give a bullshit excuse of "well... The previous administration really fucked up the gov't!" and frankly, IT'S TRUE!

Interventionist foreign policy.

Expanding the monetary supply.

Bailout after fucking bailout.

IT CAN ALL BE TRACED BACK TO PREVIOUS (and the current) ADMINISTRATIONS! Still, it's an opportunity we wouldn't receive if the Republicans had maintained some power. Democrats took the desire for change and made themselves the, "Not Republican" party this election. Obama played that masterfully.

It'll be more than four years before people will be willing to look at the Republicans as a change of pace. When things go from bad to worse, and it becomes clear that the Democrats don't have the solutions, people will go searching for an alternative. We have to pounce on it.

Although, I'm not sure I understand your post fully. Are you suggesting we'll wake up in the USSR without any option to vote them out? If so, I think you may have gotten yourself a little worked up...

Kludge
11-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Nooooooooo, we need the GOP to fail miserably so they must re-evauate what they stand for. The GOP must get back to living by the principles they talk about:
smaller govt
fiscal responsibility
Constitution
etc

Libertarianism is irrelevant and conservatism is dying. Even if the GOP did go back to its roots, no one gives a damn about the issues anymore.

Presidential debates are just discussions on whose personality cult is better and why they're superior to others without cause (nearly identical to the "Patriotism" you can be damn sure these totalitarian fucks will be relying on in the coming years).

I think Jim Rogers may have the right idea. I believe I need to seriously re-evaluate living in the USA while I can still emigrate...

PatriotG
11-04-2008, 08:23 PM

I absolutely believe this

mediahasyou
11-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Libertarianism is irrelevant and conservatism is dying. Even if the GOP did go back to its roots, no one gives a damn about the issues anymore.

Presidential debates are just discussions on whose personality cult is better and why they're superior to others without cause (nearly identical to the "Patriotism" you can be damn sure these totalitarian fucks will be relying on in the coming years).

I think Jim Rogers may have the right idea. I believe I need to seriously re-evaluate living in the USA while I can still emigrate...

Indeed. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_traveler)

Fox McCloud
11-04-2008, 08:24 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

agreed 100%...the Dem's are well on their way to 60 seats in the Senate, and they'll definitely retain enough seats to have a majority in the Congress as well.

fillibuster proof Senate+Congressional Majority+Democratic President = disaster.

better hope they don't get 60...and even if they don't, better hope that a couple RINOs out there don't go in with the Dems (like Voinovich, who's definitely a RINO).

Liberty Star
11-04-2008, 08:25 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

We are way beyond that stage where gridlock would be good, you seem to be applying conventional thinking to a radically changed situation. America needs a radical shift and change now, Obama/Dem win is not the solution but it's start of change and utter repudiation of GOP that would hopefully wake people up and provide an opening for Libertarian movement. Gridlock would be status quo, serious shake up would be better.

Liberty Star
11-04-2008, 08:41 PM

Third party though corporate media control would not make it an easy option.

devil21
11-04-2008, 08:46 PM
I think that its all just part of the grand plan. It matters not who is elected to public office. The Dems will screw things up even further over the next 4 to 8 years and by then people will have forgotten why they voted the Dems in and then switch back to the Republicans. Then the Republicans will screw things up more and then switch back to Democrats again. Rinse and repeat ad nausem.

The bottom line is that the parties generally move their platforms around to maintain an opposition to the other party out of political necessity. They just hand the country back and forth to each other while always moving the grand agenda forward.

A. Havnes
11-04-2008, 09:13 PM
My greatest fear is that the sheeple won't wake up in time.

ArrestPoliticians
11-04-2008, 09:25 PM

thats right. Out of the ashes of the GOP will emerge a party of liberty.

mcmelon
11-04-2008, 09:57 PM

Do I need help?

I agree. I don't agree with Obama on anything, but I don't want to see mccain in the whitehouse. that would tell the GOP there is no need to change.

I for one am no longer a republican, unless and until they change their ways.
Obama may speed the way to the country I dream of.

Carter brought us Reagan
Bush brought us Obama
Who will Obama bring us?

Liberty Star
11-04-2008, 10:28 PM
My greatest fear is that the sheeple won't wake up in time.

If people are still in slumber, then we had little hope or chance to begin with. GOP's fall can fuel rise of Libertarian/3rd party movement.

StateofTrance
11-04-2008, 10:31 PM
I know what will happen in 2012...Obama will do something stupid (attack a banana republic -- "surgical strikes" ) and then some Bush-type will run on "humble foreign policy" and will win the election and then just like Bush fuck the whole thing up again..This is how it works, my friends..

Kludge
11-04-2008, 10:32 PM
thats right. Out of the ashes of the GOP will emerge a party of liberty.

Slavery is freedom.

Liberty Star
11-04-2008, 10:34 PM
I know what will happen in 2012...Obama will do something stupid (attack a banana republic -- "surgical strikes" ) and then some Bush-type will run on "humble foreign policy" and will win the election and then just like Bush fuck the whole thing up again..This is how it works, my friends..

That may be the truest statement of the night, it's quite sad in the end.

Let's hope Obama won't become puppet of the war monger lobbies but it's quite likely.

Liberty Star
11-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Slavery is freedom.

And pre-emptive elective violence is peace. We live in amazing times.

Hurricane Bruiser
11-04-2008, 10:36 PM
I want gridlock. I don't like Obama. I don't like McCain. I voted 3rd party. But part of me is quite happy that McCain is getting soundly beaten because it is a rejection of the Bush years and neoconservatism. I also don't want a "conservative" giving everyone who is a conservative a bad name by voting for bailouts, promoting campaign finance "reform", and other nonesense to be viewed as successful.

ArrestPoliticians
11-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Slavery is freedom.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again thinking things will be different.

GOP takeover, end of story, with a third party push after the primaries. I expect a GOP primary run with Johnson in 2012 with a Ventura third party run should he fail.

gjdavis60
11-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Gridlock perpetuates the status quo and will not allow the introduction of new ideas. The Republican party cannot be reinvented until it is first destroyed. And if the old leadership will not step aside, then I hope their missteps lead to the party's complete dissolution. The establishment's hegemony is predicated on a dialectic, even if it is illusory, and cannot continue with only one party. The void left by the disappearance of the Republican party would have to be filled by something, and anything is better than the carefully controlled charade we've been living with for the past 40 years.

I am hopeful that the Republican party will be so thoroughly repudiated in this election that its philosophy and its leadership are vulnerable to wholesale replacement; vulnerable to a new message of liberty and those who support it.

tonesforjonesbones
11-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Obama has already been briefed by Zbigniew ...his puppet master..we will be in pakistan, afghanistan and africa....and they will call it 'humanitarian efforts"..and the corporations will build their infrastructure, the military industrial complex will build it's bases...and the cycle continues.....
tones

ClockwiseSpark
11-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Obama has already been briefed by Zbigniew ...his puppet master..we will be in pakistan, afghanistan and africa....and they will call it 'humanitarian efforts"..and the corporations will build their infrastructure, the military industrial complex will build it's bases...and the cycle continues.....
tones

Yeah, that was the inevitable outcome and McCain would've done the same thing in the name of "security". We were screwed once McCain won the nomination and at that point this was the only conceivable conclusion.