PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check: Ron Paul can't win

Prez4TheNet
09-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Hello Folks,

I know this thread won't be well received here and I expect people to start going nuts, but lets live upto reality.

Ron Paul won't win the nomination. Listen, he may have the highest read wiki article, most meetup members, generate the most traffic, be the most funded candidate on the internet... but he can't and won't win the nomination.

Why? Because Ron Paul supporters are the internet. News flash people, we are a very small majority of the voting public and all of us are on the internet.. thereby amplifying the popularity. We are also a small, vocal majority.

But voters today don't have the intelligence to understand Ron Paul's message. They want their candidate in a sound-byte... "We will give you universal healthcare! We will make you safe! We need the department of education!".. that is what people want to hear... NOT we are going to get rid of the DoE, DHS, FBI, CIA, UN etc. You Ron Paul hopefuls out there are giving the American public too much credit for their intelligence.

Americans have become zombified to the point of not giving someone more than 60 seconds to make their point...

Face it folks, Ron Paul is too intelligent for America. There is no way that America will accept him.

Thanks for listening and let the flames beging!

IowaSupport
09-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm confused as to the point of this thread. In most forums this would be considered flame-baiting.

Are you a Ron Paul supporter?

dseisner
Somebody set this fool straight. I'm too tired of these assclowns. 1st post dude? Seriously?

itsnobody
What a horrific post...while I agree that right now Ron Paul can't win, it's also true that everything starts somewhere, the more grassroots, the more campaigning, etc...the higher chances Ron Paul has of winning.....we're all not here to moan and bitch about how it seems like Ron Paul can't win, rather we're here to increase the chances of Ron Paul winning...

jpa
09-07-2007, 07:59 PM
is there anything constructive going to come from this thread?

There is zero reason to debate this here. Instead of argueing with you, I am going to take the time to send out a few more letter to the editors, get some more materials ready for a republican event tommorrow, and spread the word.

Ron Paul will do just fine in the "sound bite" crowd. Freedom is popular.

wgadget
09-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Do I smell a troll again?

How about this one: "We don't want the INCOME TAX!"

or

"We want to bring our troops home!"

Nefertiti
09-07-2007, 08:00 PM
My suggestion. Just don't respond to this thread. It serves no purpose. It's a troll trying to drag us down. Let this thread drop off the first page-you know that will happen in an hour if we ignore it.

RonPaulGetsIt
Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

foofighter20x
Dude, that's pretty arrogant and lazy.

People are smart enough to comprehend it all if you are willing to sit down with them and help them learn the truth.

The fact that you'd rather write them off and call it quits shows you don't have what it takes.

Any more peeps out of you like this... that's a banning. ;)

Prez4TheNet
09-07-2007, 08:01 PM
What a horrific post...while I agree that right now Ron Paul can't win, it's also true that everything starts somewhere, the more grassroots, the more campaigning, etc...the higher chances Ron Paul has of winning.....we're all not here to moan and bitch about how it seems like Ron Paul can't win, rather we're here to increase the chances of Ron Paul winning...

Thanks for agreeing with me. Which makes me wonder why I continue to spend some of my free time campaigning for Ron Paul when I know it will be for naught in the end.

Cowlesy
09-07-2007, 08:02 PM
You know what, at one point I would have agreed with him when he says, "Ron Paul is too intelligent for America."

I believed that, you need to spend at least a little time to understand Paul to become an ardent supporter if you're an ex neo-con/bushy like me.

What I would say against his point, is that people can wake up. It just talks a solid, pragmatic and truthful delivering of Ron Paul's message.

People are pissed off right now, and don't think anyone could have the answer. I wouldn't donate thousands of dollars to a losing cause. Ron Paul can win, and it's turning you into a believer that will make the difference.

Original_Intent
09-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Heh heh obvious flame bait. Kinda pathetic.

OP: Welcome to the forums! If you truly agree that RP is the right candidate but you don't have the intestinal fortitude to fight for the cause because it is going to be too tough - go play a computer game or whatever it is you want to do to pass the time until your liberties are gone.

If you are just here trying to discourage people - you don't know us very well.

itsnobody
09-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Thanks for agreeing with me. Which makes me wonder why I continue to spend some of my free time campaigning for Ron Paul when I know it will be for naught in the end.

Well I'm not really agreeing with you, Ron Paul has come a long way and will win if he gets enough support, his chances of winning keep getting higher and higher because of us, look at his donations, the straw polls, etc...all we have to do is keep this going and push a little harder and he'll win for sure...never before has there ever been any grassroots like this before

jb4ronpaul
Our cultures stories and history is full of a small group of people fighting a large power against all odds and winning not with large numbers, but with hope, truth, and perseverance. The founding of our country, Star Wars, the Bible, LOTR, etc. I don't know the exact path, but one way or another truth is going to win in the end, but only if we try.

dude58677
Ron Paul raised $100,000 in a single day and finshed third or better in most straw polls.

"We're going to win, I guarentee it" Joe Namath

IowaSupport
09-07-2007, 08:04 PM

What better things do you have to do with your time?

No....seriously - what better things do you have to do with your time than to work to help save the United States of America?

foofighter20x
09-07-2007, 08:04 PM

Quiter.

Get over your frustration. He can win. He will.

Why?

Because his grassroots is rabid and will vote in the primaries to such a large extent that it'll knock everyone else out.

catwoman
09-07-2007, 08:06 PM
The 1st American Revolution didn't happen overnight. It took years of hard work and lots of people making sacrifices. I think we owe it in some way to the founders of this country to get it back on track.

If you believe in Ron Paul's message then you HAVE to believe he can win. There is no try, only do or do not.

Prez4TheNet
09-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Heh heh obvious flame bait. Kinda pathetic.

OP: Welcome to the forums! If you truly agree that RP is the right candidate but you don't have the intestinal fortitude to fight for the cause because it is going to be too tough - go play a computer game or whatever it is you want to do to pass the time until your liberties are gone.

Sorry, if I came off discouraging people but thats just reality. A lot of the people I talk to when I campaign for Ron Paul will take one look a Ron Paul brochure and say, "I don't want another 9/11 to happend". Other people will say, "Who is Ron Paul? Oh is he running for president? I don't care much for politics"...

when 3/5 americans can't point out where the US is on a map or when the average person doesn't even care for politics, what point is there in supporting for Ron Paul?

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 08:07 PM
shut up, you damn troll

MozoVote
09-07-2007, 08:08 PM
So what if he doesn't win? I still want as many votes as possible to show the establishment, just how angry the peasants are.

foofighter20x
09-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Sorry, if I came off discouraging people but thats just reality. A lot of the people I talk to when I campaign for Ron Paul will take one look a Ron Paul brochure and say, "I don't want another 9/11 to happend". Other people will say, "Who is Ron Paul? Oh is he running for president? I don't care much for politics"...

when 3/5 americans can't point out where the US is on a map or when the average person doesn't even care for politics, what point is there in voting for Ron Paul?

No, that's your reality. And it's a lazy man's reality at that.

Us: Let it not be said we did nothing.
You: This is too hard. *cries*

Washington and the rest didn't back down and look where they got.

Go get some spine.

Corydoras
If you think he can't win, then keep fighting for his message to keep getting out so that it can influence the other candidates and the debate in the MSM. He IS shifting the debate, he IS having an influence on how people think. He is the country's best chance to speak for America as a free country.

Spike Kojima
Lame!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/happycat-foar-prezudint_r.jpg

Mom4Ron
09-07-2007, 08:10 PM
I have faith in my fellow Americans, therefore I do believe that Ron Paul can be the next President of these United States of America if his message is heard by enough people.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 08:11 PM

Perhaps you should work harder. Did you ever think of that? We all get frustrated at times, but please don't come here to attempt to bring us all down with you. The best thing to do when you're frustrated is to either take a day or two off, or grab some Slim Jims and some copies of a few select speeches, head out your door and start passing them out to real humans.

We have a lot going our way right now. Michael Scheuer has been on show after show just tonight, affirming every single thing that Dr. Paul has been saying about our foreign policy.

Dr. Paul did wonderfully in the last debate and he is highly sought after right now on almost every major media news outlet.

He is getting invitation after invitation to speak. The latest at Johns Hopkins Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) in Washington, D.C.

We're activists here and we plan on doing whatever is needed to get this man elected. If you do not feel the same, this is not the place for you.

What is that old saying? Either lead, follow, or get out of the way! I think that is something you ought to take to heart right now.

itsnobody

when 3/5 americans can't point out where the US is on a map or when the average person doesn't even care for politics, what point is there in supporting for Ron Paul?

Ahhh...but you've touched on EXACTLY what the point is of voting...you see most people don't vote in the primaries (and also don't vote overall) this gives Ron Paul supporters a great huge advantage because the percentage of Ron Paul supporters that will vote for Ron Paul is around 100%....don't you get it? There's never been any grassroots like this before, people posting signs on traffic light posts, the overpass, showing up at other rallies, constantly emailing and calling in, etc....

This isn't evolutionary, this is revolutionary....

dude58677
This guy is a paid volunteer for another campaign and he is posing as a Ron Paul supporter so he can discourage us from trying to promote Ron Paul.

njandrewg
Are you sure you are really campaigning for him on the ground? Because if you really were you would see that people are very receptive to his message..all they need to do is find out about it...and then they join his campaign. Frankly its scary how his message gets accepted by almost everyone who finds out about his positions(and not just the crap the spew on TV)

Seriosly posts like this will get scrutinized by almost everyone here...because we know what the situation is really like on the ground...and don't get our updates from talking heads on TV.

catwoman
09-07-2007, 08:12 PM
A lot of the people I talk to when I campaign for Ron Paul will take one look a Ron Paul brochure and say, "I don't want another 9/11 to happend". Other people will say, "Who is Ron Paul? Oh is he running for president? I don't care much for politics"...

Sure it can be discouraging, but you can't give up. Good things come to those who wait.

Now for those people who don't want another 9/11. Just tell them about how if we would just follow the constitution and mind our own business it is less likely to happen.

Sometimes you just have to give them the literature and let them work it out in their own time. Some people want to do research and make sure what you are telling them is true. Don't worry about 'converting' them right then and there. It takes awhile to realize that what you thought was true, isn't really true.

trispear
09-07-2007, 08:13 PM
I hate the message of "I support him but Ron Paul can't win".

People repeating it enable our defeat from within. Yes, I know his chances - but that makes me work harder. Not lay down and bitch/moan about it.

You are hurting Ron Paul with that message as well - it stops people from investigating him and to turn to another candidate so their vote "won't be wasted." (BS in itself).

jpa

Only 5% of America votes in the Republican primaries. We need to get a plurarity of votes in the primaries to get Ron Paul a shot at the White House. I am very confident Ron Paul can beat Hillary 1:1 once he gets the media exposure. He is rock solid.

Corydoras
This guy is a paid volunteer for another campaign and he is posing as a Ron Paul supporter so he can discourage us from trying to promote Ron Paul.

I think so, too, but instead he's giving us a great opportunity for us to witness to why we are doing what we are doing and to encourage one another!
:p

max
Clearly a TROLL who came to demoralize us....

Instead..this is encouarging because it shows we are getting to them.

No RP supporter....even though he may be PRIVATELY pessimistic...would come here and attempt to piss on our dreams.

Yall just wait until RP starts spending those millions to satruate the airwaves. We got this far with just MINIMAL name recognition...Just imagine what happens when RP is a nationally known name..

kill this troll thread pleas!

catwoman

Yeah, like that will happen.

dude58677
09-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Sure it can be discouraging, but you can't give up. Good things come to those who wait.

Now for those people who don't want another 9/11. Just tell them about how if we would just follow the constitution and mind our own business it is less likely to happen.

Sometimes you just have to give them the literature and let them work it out in their own time. Some people want to do research and make sure what you are telling them is true. Don't worry about 'converting' them right then and there. It takes awhile to realize that what you thought was true, isn't really true.

This person is a paid volunteer for another campaign who is trying to discourage us from supporting Ron Paul.

Prez4TheNet
09-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Clearly a TROLL who came to demoralize us....

Instead..this is encouarging because it shows we are getting to them.

No RP supporter....even though he may be PRIVATELY pessimistic...would come here and attempt to piss on our dreams.

Yall just wait until RP starts spending those millions to satruate the airwaves. We got this far with just MINIMAL name recognition...Just imagine what happens when RP is a nationally known name..

kill this troll thread pleas!

Why are you trying to deny me the rights that Ron Paul so actively campaigns for? Sort of ironic don't you think?

MusoSpuso
09-07-2007, 08:15 PM

feel free to leave any time.........gone yet? Bye.

nullvalu
09-07-2007, 08:16 PM
I hate the message of "I support him but Ron Paul can't win".

Same here.. I tell them the only reason he won't win is if people like you keep attitudes like that.

I don't care if it pisses them off, hopefully it lights a fire under their asses.

Corydoras
09-07-2007, 08:17 PM
:p
Notice that he's taken the time to claim he's being stifled without denying that he's from another campaign.

catwoman
Why are you trying to deny me the rights that Ron Paul so actively campaigns for? Sort of ironic don't you think?

Actually no, its not ironic. See what rights Ron Paul is fighting for are the rights of the people as they relate to government, not a privately owned forum.

nist7
Let's do a reality check, shall we? Since the primaries haven't started, the closest thing are the straw poll results:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/straw-poll-results/

These are all the states in which Ron Paul had gathered at LEAST a 3rd place in the straw polls. The bold states depict those straw polls in which Ron Paul took first place.

This is bigger than just the internet.

Utah
Georgia
New Hampshire
South Carolina
Missouri
North Carolina
Illinois
Alabama
Washington
Georgia
Pennsylvania
Maryland
Texas

LibertyEagle

No, you have the choice to do what you are doing. The question I want to ask you is why you are doing it? Are you attempting to bring us down to your obvious low level? Is that your goal? If so, why?

I understand getting frustrated, but this isn't a good place to come to be so negative. It really isn't.

Corydoras
09-07-2007, 08:18 PM
So whose campaign ARE you from?

Original_Intent

It doesn't need to be locked. the guy exposes himself as a mole trying to demoralize with every post. No "sad" Paul supporter here, just someone trying to plant weeds.

MusoSpuso

This board is not public property, it is a private institution. Ron Paul would support any private owner to kick you off his/her land and or property. You want to go spread your (Fred/Rudy/Romney/Huckabee funded) propoganda, go do it on your own forum and time--don't waste ours.

nullvalu
09-07-2007, 08:19 PM

Very nice trollish response.. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt until this. Wow.. it's amateur troll night....

Hamburglar
09-07-2007, 08:19 PM
It doesn't take a majority to change the world. Only a motivated minority. Not many people will vote in the primaries. The average joe is stupid, but he's not going to show up to vote, we are. And remember you are only seeing republican support in most polls, we are getting support from all over the spectrum. We have a good chance.

born2drv
09-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Hello Folks,

I know this thread won't be well received here and I expect people to start going nuts, but lets live upto reality.

Ron Paul won't win the nomination. Listen, he may have the highest read wiki article, most meetup members, generate the most traffic, be the most funded candidate on the internet... but he can't and won't win the nomination.

Why? Because Ron Paul supporters are the internet. News flash people, we are a very small majority of the voting public and all of us are on the internet.. thereby amplifying the popularity. We are also a small, vocal majority.

But voters today don't have the intelligence to understand Ron Paul's message. They want their candidate in a sound-byte... "We will give you universal healthcare! We will make you safe! We need the department of education!".. that is what people want to hear... NOT we are going to get rid of the DoE, DHS, FBI, CIA, UN etc. You Ron Paul hopefuls out there are giving the American public too much credit for their intelligence.

Americans have become zombified to the point of not giving someone more than 60 seconds to make their point...

Face it folks, Ron Paul is too intelligent for America. There is no way that America will accept him.

Thanks for listening and let the flames beging!

Your premise is failed...... stupid people listen to less stupid people, who listen to slightly educated people who listen to educated people who listen to people who actually do their homework and study every candidate in depth.

I have a few stupid friends, I think everyone does. I tell them to vote for Ron Paul, I give them the sound bites they want to hear and they will vote accordingly. Because they TRUST me. The know I'm a business owner, a political junkie, and that I follow the economy and a lot of these types of issues.

Likewise if I want if I want to know something about how to bake a cake or something I ask someone I trust who is more knowledgeable about it then myself. People seek experts who they feel they can trust when they are not educated enough about a topic to make an informed decision, especially if it's an important decision. And I think this election the decision on who to vote for will be very important for a lot of people.

Prez4TheNet
09-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Ok, guys I apologize. Please lock this thread. I just got frustrated after having absolutely no success talking to people about Ron Paul today on my way back from work.

catwoman
09-07-2007, 08:21 PM
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed individuals can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." —Margaret Mead ...

ClockwiseSpark
09-07-2007, 08:22 PM

Well said!

stevedasbach
09-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Here is why Ron Paul can win the Republican nomination:

1. Assume that the scientific polls are accurate and Congressman Paul is currently at 3% nationally, up from 0.4% prior to the debates. Continuing that trend would put him at 5-6% prior to the Iowa caucuses. That's how he's polling among likely Republican primary voters, as determined by the polling organization. This is often determined by asking if they have previously voted in a Republican primary. Based on surveys on this site and other locations, somewhere between 1/4 to 1/3 of Ron Paul supporters would be classified as likely Republican voters by polling organizations. That means his real support is 2-4 times greater than what the polls are showing.

2. Typical caucus/primary turnout is 10-20%. Based on what we have observed thus far, we can expect RP voters to turn out in far greater percentages than supporters of other candidates. Best guess -- turnout 2-4 times greater than RP's opponents.

Those two factors alone are sufficient to secure victory in early states, especially since five significant candidates will split the pro-war vote. Add to that increasing fundraising, paid advertising, media coverage, volunteer canvassing, etc. and his prospects appear much better than the polls indicate.

itsnobody
09-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Ok, guys I apologize. Please lock this thread. I just got frustrated after having absolutely no success talking to people about Ron Paul today on my way back from work.

Which is why we need to think of some way to convince nearly anyone to vote for Ron Paul...

nullvalu

If this is genuine, tou can't give up so easily.. Most of us here have no experience being active in politics.. It's on-the-job learning.. Let the frustration motivate you.. But in a positive manner.

Paulitician
Ron Paul supporters have been working their hardest so that Ron Paul name get's out there, that the message get's out there, and we've been doing a pretty damn good job. We're finally going to start to see a lot national coverage because we've campaigned the way we have. It's only a matter of time until his name is up there with the likes of Mitt Romney, John McCain etc. to the casual voter. And we don't even need to get that many votes with 5 or 6 candidates diluting the pro-war Republican cause. We're persuading some Republicans, bringing in Libertarians, Constitutionalists and moderate Democrats to our side. We have a pretty good chance, we just have to continue working our way up. If you don't want to put in the effort, fine. We don't need you. There are thousands out there who are very willing though. Let us waste our time, our blood, our sweat and our tears for this cause if that's how you see it, but we're not going down without a fight. This is much greater than a Republican nomination. This is about taking our country back.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 08:24 PM
We all get frustrated at times. We have to keep going forward, so we are well-positioned to take advantage of opportunities. Just think about it. The last debate was a setup to discredit Dr. Paul, but it backfired on them. He made some excellent points that will stay in people's minds. Today, Scheuer is all over the news on every channel, affirming Dr. Paul's stance on foreign policy. If Dr. Paul hadn't said what he had, we would not have this opportunity right now.

He's very sought after right now by the MSM because of the forementioned.

Hang in there and keep on going.

foofighter20x
09-07-2007, 08:26 PM

You can't convert them all, dude. Just look at it this way: you may not have caught any fish today, but there will always be some plenty out there tomorrow.