PDA

View Full Version : Introducing the pay-it-forward "The Revolution. A Manifesto" liberty campaign...

acmegeek
11-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Well, it is more of an idea right now, but I think it could gain traction pretty quickly. I, my friends, and my family members, have all noted that people now seem to be much more receptive to Ron Paul. And for those who we give his book to, they all come away truly enlightened, expressing a genuine respect for and understanding of his ideas. No real surprise to us, and of course. Now even CNN and others seem to feature him weekly...

OK, so here's the idea. We start by each buying a quantity of TRAM (The Revolution. A Manifesto.), and paste in a printed card that has some instructions. The deal is that you will give the book to someone to read. If they like it, they have to buy 2 more to give away. They'd download the card from some site we setup. If they don't like it, they have to give it back. But, you also give them a timeframe to read it and decide, say a month.

So, if 100 of us each bought 10, gave them out, and after a month, each recipient bought at least 2 every month to give away, over the course of a couple years, we'd have the country covered.

This was just a brainstorm. I haven't thought it all out yet. (obviously) but I think it would be a great idea! I know that I'd be in for buying 20 or so. I do have the skills to setup the site for it as well. (see my sig)

I could use the MyRonPaulStory.com domain that I've had for a while. People could go there to submit their story, and to print out the new inserts. And maybe to track how many people are doing this? Something simple, yet effective.

Thoughts? I know that there are other similar efforts, so forgive me if there is already something pretty much the same.

In liberty,

Xenophage
11-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Actually, I think that's a fucking GREAT idea (and I usually think ideas are stupid... pfft... stupid ideas...). I can't wait for some complete stranger to give me a copy.

liberteebell
11-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Well, it is more of an idea right now, but I think it could gain traction pretty quickly. I, my friends, and my family members, have all noted that people now seem to be much more receptive to Ron Paul. And for those who we give his book to, they all come away truly enlightened, expressing a genuine respect for and understanding of his ideas. No real surprise to us, and of course. Now even CNN and others seem to feature him weekly...

OK, so here's the idea. We start by each buying a quantity of TRAM (The Revolution. A Manifesto.), and paste in a printed card that has some instructions. The deal is that you will give the book to someone to read. If they like it, they have to buy 2 more to give away. They'd download the card from some site we setup. If they don't like it, they have to give it back. But, you also give them a timeframe to read it and decide, say a month.

So, if 100 of us each bought 10, gave them out, and after a month, each recipient bought at least 2 every month to give away, over the course of a couple years, we'd have the country covered.

This was just a brainstorm. I haven't thought it all out yet. (obviously) but I think it would be a great idea! I know that I'd be in for buying 20 or so. I do have the skills to setup the site for it as well. (see my sig)

I could use the MyRonPaulStory.com domain that I've had for a while. People could go there to submit their story, and to print out the new inserts. And maybe to track how many people are doing this? Something simple, yet effective.

Thoughts? I know that there are other similar efforts, so forgive me if there is already something pretty much the same.

In liberty,

This is a great idea. Now I just have to find the $$$$ to do it.

acmegeek
11-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Thanks! I think something like this would work. I just checked and from buy.com with their coupon and free shipping, 10 books shipped is $107.50.

I'm open to other sources for cheaper of course. I'll try to think it through more in the next few days.

Please reply to this thread or send me a PM if you have ideas or would like to help.

Thanks!

kaleidoscope eyes
11-04-2008, 07:01 PM
bump

MRoCkEd
11-04-2008, 07:04 PM
www.revolutionbymail.com

acmegeek
11-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Yep, exactly. I guess I'm thinking of a more specific plan to start things off. Also, I note that their site seems to be in flux with the new changes, so I don't really know what they are changing it to. But I like the stamp idea a LOT.

So maybe just a little more of a plan, almost a pyramid scheme as it were. And maybe a place for people to come and submit their stories after they read it.

Thanks!

eredeath
11-04-2008, 07:15 PM
char

Conza88
11-04-2008, 08:29 PM
:D

acmegeek
11-05-2008, 10:17 AM
5th of November bump...

At the very least, I'd like to help the RevolutionByMail.com

I do think that if they setup some sort of deal, say $25 shipped for 2 books, that people that read it, and really got it, would pay that amount.