PDA

View Full Version : Project: $1 million from myspace and facebook

fez2008
09-07-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm repeating what I said last week: There are 59739(myspace) + spacebook(21000+) friends of RP.

This is a 20day project to get 1 million or close to it from friends of RP. goal is to get a one time donation of $20 to RP from each of the friends. We must make sure all are contacted and if atleast half donate it will be 800,000

first 10days(starts on 11th and ends on 20th):
Contact Myspace friends of RP

next 10days(starts on 20th and ends on 29th):
Contact Facebook friends of RP

RP's friends on myspace are organized in 1494 pages(each page has 40 friends).
If there are 200 volunteers dedicated to work 1 hour per day(1 hour to contact 40 friends) for 7 days.. all myspace friends can be contacted.

I want 2 separate people to lead the two phases.
First lead (Myspace):
Just keep track of who is assigned to what page.
Volunteer:
Just report how many are contacted and how many replied at the end of every 2 days

Can someone write a nice letter on why it is important to get that extra money and how easily it can be done by just one $20 bill from each of his own friends.
The letter must mention this:
- One extra million is absolutely important.
- Opinion Poll numbers correspondence to cash raised(this is a very tight relation):
http://ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=160783&postcount=34
- It is easy to get 1 extra million

This letter will be emailed to each of the friends.

Who is in?

fez2008
09-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Anybody? *Pages everyone *
This is not like all the other pledges small amount from real friends...
Lets start an auction...
I take page 1 on myspace...
Anyone for page 2?

madcat033
09-07-2007, 08:31 PM
I'll help, I can do facebook. We need to come up with someone to write to each person. And hey guys, I really agree with him. We should definitely do this... it could be REALLY successful. If all of them donate a $20, that's over 1.6 million dollars.

fez2008
09-07-2007, 08:43 PM
I'll help, I can do facebook. We need to come up with someone to write to each person. And hey guys, I really agree with him. We should definitely do this... it could be REALLY successful. If all of them donate a $20, that's over 1.6 million dollars.
Ok. Good can you lead the facebook phase?
We need just one e-letter which we can send to everyone.
We can do face book after myspace... or do you want to start with facebook?

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 08:44 PM
how about a meet up group project? $1 a day from every member

fez2008
09-07-2007, 08:51 PM
how about a meet up group project? $1 a day from every member

Actually meetup has just finished the competition and i think they all might be maxed out. Also. $1 a day its very hard to keep people motivated to donate everyday.
One time $20 donation sounds good on facevalue to me thats why I proposed this. May be if this is a success we can do it next quarter with meetup(there will be in excess of 50000 then)

theseus51
09-07-2007, 09:20 PM
This is a good idea. But with that many pages, you should seriously assign like 20 pages per person, or make a new spreadsheet/page as to what pages are "done" and what needs to be done. It's not going to take a lot of "work" to msg people that's why, just copy and paste the same msg over and over. Although one problem with breaking it up by pages is that as people are added (at least on myspace) in-between pages, some might get duplicate msgs, and some might not get any. Like they may be on page 400 one day, and on 401 the next. But I mean that shouldn't stop this idea.

Also, do a Howard Dean style money graph, and use an honor system to keep track of donations. That way we can kinda see progress.

And maybe a section for like names of donators (if they want to be public about it). Something to encourage people. If you really want to get it going, I can volunteer to myspace msg ppl.

fez2008
09-07-2007, 09:26 PM
This is a good idea. But with that many pages, you should seriously assign like 20 pages per person, or make a new spreadsheet/page as to what pages are "done" and what needs to be done. It's not going to take a lot of "work" to msg people that's why, just copy and paste the same msg over and over. Although one problem with breaking it up by pages is that as people are added (at least on myspace) in-between pages, some might get duplicate msgs, and some might not get any. Like they may be on page 400 one day, and on 401 the next. But I mean that shouldn't stop this idea.

Also, do a Howard Dean style money graph, and use an honor system to keep track of donations. That way we can kinda see progress.

And maybe a section for like names of donators (if they want to be public about it). Something to encourage people. If you really want to get it going, I can volunteer to myspace msg ppl.
Sure. I said 200 volunteers (7 pages each(280 members) - 1 page per day). Money graph can be put right here on this forum....
Ok I'll put you down for slot 2 on my space(out of the 200 slots)..

Do I hear a slot 3?

fez2008
09-07-2007, 11:55 PM
bump

Richandler
09-08-2007, 01:03 AM
I'm pretty certain there are a couple thousand of the supporters who have both accounts. I know because I'm one of them. This will mildly work the same because it is SPAM. I personally delete most if not all message that come to me in this form.

fez2008
09-08-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm pretty certain there are a couple thousand of the supporters who have both accounts. I know because I'm one of them. This will mildly work the same because it is SPAM. I personally delete most if not all message that come to me in this form.

I agree that it will be treated as SPAM by others but why will RP supporters treat it as spam(its just 1 e-letter, once) ? I also agree that there will be a lot of ppl with both accounts but that is fine. Even with an overlap of 10000, we still have 70000 more members.