PDA

View Full Version : In California, how did you vote for President?

frankdogg
11-04-2008, 04:26 PM
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v369/27/25/57502586/n57502586_32026532_5740.jpg

+2 for Ron Paul in Los Angeles County today. (My wife and I)

Got to our polling place in Burbank about 10 min before it opened. It took around 30 minutes total. Although I did hear horror stories of an hour and a half or more of standing in line from people at work!

I can't add a poll or I would put it up... Just want to get a feel for what those on here chose to do.

GTMomma
11-04-2008, 07:46 PM
I took my daughter with me to my polling place so she could see what it's like. I wrote in Ron Paul. There was no wait so we were in and out in about 10 minutes.

0zzy
11-04-2008, 07:47 PM
wtf, did I have to vote for VP too? SHIZZZZz.
my vote didn't count? :[

0zzy
11-04-2008, 07:50 PM
President:
Ron Paul (Official Write-in)

United States Representative:
Dana Rohrabacher (Republican)

State Senator:
Lydia A. Gutierrez (Republican)

Member of the State Assembly:
Gabriella Holt (Republican)

Judicial:

Hilleri Grossman Merritt

Thomas Rubinson

Pat Connolly

Michael J. O'Gara

Michael V. Jesic

State Measures:

1A: Safe, Reliable High-Speed Passenger Train Bond Act
No

2: Standards for Confining Farm Animals
Yes

3: Children's Hospital Bond Act
No

4: Waiting Period and Parental Notification Before Termination of Minor's Pregnancy
Yes

5: Nonviolent Drug Offenses, Sentencing, Parole and Rehabilitation
No

6: Police and Law Enforcement Funding
No

7: Renewable Energy Generation
No

8: Eliminates Right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry
No

9: Criminal Justice System. Victims' Rights
No

10: Alternative Fuel Vehicles and Renewable Energy
No

11: Redistricting
Yes

12: Veterans' Bond Act of 2008
No

County Measures:

R: Traffic Relief. Rail Extensions. Reduce Foreign Oil Independence
No

School:

J: Local Community College Classroom Repair, Public Safety, Nursing and Job Training Measure
No

Q: Safe, Healthy Neighborhood Schools Measure
No

City:

A: City of LA Special Gang and Youth Violence Prevention, After-School and Job Training Programs Tax
No

B: Update of Low Rent Housing Authorization
No

District:

Water Replenishment District of Southern California
Robert E. Katherman

ryanmkeisling
11-04-2008, 07:54 PM
I wrote in Ron Paul.

H Roark
11-04-2008, 09:20 PM
[delete]

H Roark
11-04-2008, 09:24 PM
President:
Chuck Baldwin (Official Write-in)

Linda T. Sanchez (Democrat)

State Senator:
Allen G. Wood (Republican)

Roger H. Garrett (Republican)

Judicial:

Steven A. Simons

BLANK

BLANK

C. Edward Mack

Rocky L. Crabb

State Measures:

No

Yes

No

4: Waiting Period and Parental Notification Before Termination of Minor's Pregnancy
Yes

Yes

No

No

Yes

No

No

No

No

County Measures:

Yes

newyearsrevolution08
11-04-2008, 09:34 PM
President:
Chuck Baldwin (Official Write-in)

Linda T. Sanchez (Democrat)

State Senator:
Allen G. Wood (Republican)

Roger H. Garrett (Republican)

Judicial:

Steven A. Simons

BLANK

BLANK

C. Edward Mack

Rocky L. Crabb

State Measures:

No

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

No

No

Yes

No

No

No

No

County Measures:

Yes

wow we voted pretty much dead on..

Only difference was I voted yes on the alternative fuel deal. I know it is still a tax but if our government is going to blow money left and right, if we at least make sure some is renewable in the end it might end up saving more money...

If I was voting just due to it being a tax then I would odds are be 100% inline with your votes to the T.

I am in fresno,california myself

akihabro
11-05-2008, 03:01 AM
President:
Chuck Baldwin (Write-in)
(Almost wrote Ron Paul)

United States Representative Dist 29:
Alan Pyeatt (Libertarian)

Member of the State Assembly Dist 44:
Brian M. Fuller (Republican)

Judicial:

Hilleri Grossman Merritt

Thomas Rubinson

Pat Connolly

Michael J. O'Gara

Michael V. Jesic

State Measures:

No

No

No

No

Yes(Tough)

No

No

No

No

No

Yes

Yes

County Measures:

No

City:

SP: Plan to redevelop downtown
Yes

District:

UPPER SAN GABRIEL VALLEY MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
Member, Board of directors, Division 2
Clarence Wong

This was my first time voting. I registered on the deadline! I spent about 3 weeks researching my ballot. Boy its hard to to get unbiased factual information. Then I have to learn history to see if things like this have been presented and economic, social, environmental, etc effects.
I voted for the judges from the BAR's ratings.
There was a libertarian for State Assembly but I couldn't get any info on him.
I liked wong cause he claimed he wouldn't be bought by unions or special interests.
I can go into why I voted certain ways if anyone cares.

blocks
11-05-2008, 03:30 AM
Wrote in Dr. Paul

H Roark
11-05-2008, 10:49 AM
It looks like when it came to voting for the judicial I voted the exact opposite to a couple of you guys. You used the BAR ratings? Whats the criteria for a high rating?

If I'm unsure of a candidate, what I do is look at the Republican or Democrat voter guides that they send me in the mail. Then if either party endorses a judge or candidate, I don't vote for them. Judges especially are supposed to be impartial and non-partisan and I get worried if one of the mob families is supporting one! I also look to see if the judge or candidate belongs to or is endorsed by a race specific organization, which is negative mark in my book.

dannno
11-05-2008, 10:56 AM
I wrote in Ron Paul. One of my roommates wrote in Ron Paul, my mom also wrote in Ron Paul.

Robert Stark
11-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Chuck Baldwin.

Golding
11-13-2008, 02:57 AM
I voted by absentee, so I think it was ironically a little simpler. I voted Baldwin/Castle. I was tempted to vote Ron Paul (I had actually found out he was placed on the ballot the day after I completed my ballot), but I got the sensation that Lightfoot was merely using Ron Paul's name for additional votes in an attempt to become VP. Considering that Ron Paul advised against voting for him via write-in, I figured that this was probably at least one reason why.

I don't agree with Baldwin on everything, particularly his stance on gay marriage (I made up for that by voting no on Prop 8), but he was definitely the candidate that matched most of what I believe in.

newyearsrevolution08
11-13-2008, 03:13 AM
I voted by absentee, so I think it was ironically a little simpler. I voted Baldwin/Castle. I was tempted to vote Ron Paul (I had actually found out he was placed on the ballot the day after I completed my ballot), but I got the sensation that Lightfoot was merely using Ron Paul's name for additional votes in an attempt to become VP. Considering that Ron Paul advised against voting for him via write-in, I figured that this was probably at least one reason why.

I don't agree with Baldwin on everything, particularly his stance on gay marriage (I made up for that by voting no on Prop 8), but he was definitely the candidate that matched most of what I believe in.

Its not that he didn't want us to write him in, he just didn't want to tell people to do so. One thing he has always been good at is allowing people to decide for themselves. I never saw him as the type to steer people one way or the other and is also one downfall as well for ron paul. If he had the stage presence of obama then he might have gotten much further BUT then again, mccain is a terrible speaker so I guess in the end it depends on who the "money men" want to be the top two...

We really need to fix this system. I can't wait for alot of these old white assholes to finally LEAVE this earth so the next generation can fix what they have been doing while they have been alive.

Golding
11-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Its not that he didn't want us to write him in, he just didn't want to tell people to do so. One thing he has always been good at is allowing people to decide for themselves. I never saw him as the type to steer people one way or the other and is also one downfall as well for ron paul. If he had the stage presence of obama then he might have gotten much further BUT then again, mccain is a terrible speaker so I guess in the end it depends on who the "money men" want to be the top two...

We really need to fix this system. I can't wait for alot of these old white assholes to finally LEAVE this earth so the next generation can fix what they have been doing while they have been alive.Near the end of his campaign, he was asked several times about whether he'd encourage his supporters to write him in. He replied that it wouldn't be a practical idea, since he wouldn't be seeking office.

peepnklown
03-19-2009, 06:20 PM
I voted libertarian.