PDA

View Full Version : Counterproductive or productive to "crash" Fred's rallies?

jj111
09-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Is it counterproductive or productive for Ron Paul supporters to "crash" Fred's rallies? (and other frontrunners in the race)?

What are examples of productive activities / behavior at or near such events?

What are examples of (legal) counterproductive activities?

Naturally I assume all illegal activities are counterproductive, but the question I am asking about is in relation to legal activities.

Corydoras
09-07-2007, 07:04 PM
I can't see any benefit, frankly. What would be the goal?

No or hardly any converts would be made. And given his manufactured support, the event will probably be so choreographed as to make it unlikely to get any RP signs in camera range. I could be wrong and would be interested in reading anyone who thinks otherwise. Why do you think so?

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Very beneficial. MSM follows Fred, so what do you think the goal is? LOL

Bison
09-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Ron Paul is getting the attention of the old media at the moment. I don't think you would need to crash O'l Freds events. Besides, you might scare all four of his supporters half to death.:D

Alabama Supporter
09-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Make sure to wear 9/11 inside job hat and an "I'm with Fred" tshirt and sign.

Spike Kojima
09-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Very beneficial. MSM follows Fred, so what do you think the goal is? LOL

I agree, just don't get too rowdy.

allyinoh
09-07-2007, 07:10 PM
I personally wouldn't do it, but that's just me.

max
09-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Is it counterproductive or productive for Ron Paul supporters to "crash" Fred's rallies? (and other frontrunners in the race)?

What are examples of productive activities / behavior at or near such events?

What are examples of (legal) counterproductive activities?

Naturally I assume all illegal activities are counterproductive, but the question I am asking about is in relation to legal activities.

VERY productive IF you can accomplish 1 of 2 things...

1. Graciously disseminate some truth to people there who are interested in Fred....about Fred Thompson's record as a lobbyist, as someone who has voted for unbalanced budgets, ...see voter guide at http://ronpaulpostcards.com/foundersflyer.html

2.Get your signs on TV news

constituent
09-07-2007, 07:13 PM
excellent idea.. not just fred, but rudy, hilary, barack... all of 'em.

John of Des Moines
09-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Yesterday I went to fred's big event without the RP gear on. I wore a "I'm the NRA and I Vote" hat and a "Mass Murders Love Gun Control" t-shirt. Distributed 125 double sided fliers regarding Fred's gun control record in the Senate. (Found here on the forum boards.) By doing so I believe I got a lot of people to think "Gee, I don't want to vote for this guy." And if they don't come around to Paul that's okay because they'll either go to another Neo-con or just stay home on caucus night. As for the Democrats, here in Iowa they can cross over on caucus night so Paul being anti-war works with them.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 07:18 PM
wear your Ron Paul gear, you don't want to get counted as a FT supporter. Either wear some gear, or at least carry around a RP banner with you.

billm317
09-07-2007, 07:29 PM
take some 2nd amendment material! or whatever else you think FREDHEADs might like to know about their candidate ;)

bvboys
09-07-2007, 07:34 PM
I live 10 minutes from Lawrenceburg, TN, FT's so-called hometown. The "Get ready for Freddie" machine is having a "homecoming" on Sept. 15th. I don't understand how it could be his hometown since he hasn't lived here since 1969, but anyway. The event is going to be held on the square and I would imagine press will be all over the place. My mom and a friend of mine have access to two storefronts that will be highly visible and I would like to deck them out for Ron Paul. Also, another friend of mine is willing to help me walk through the crowd and pass out info fliers or slimjims or whatever. I do not plan on being loud or confrontational. I just want to make sure RP is represented. I think this would be a good thing to see the RP signs in the background at a FT event when it is aired on the news. No? By the way, seeing people support him for no reason other than because of where he grew up is sickening and all the bumper stickers make me want to stick a fork in my eye. They even had the permenent signs erected at the city limits, with his big ugly mug on them, touting the fact he hails from there way before he entered the race. Just my 2 cents.

james1844
09-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Yes, I am with jj111 and Libertarian on this one.

Crashing rallies where there is lots of media coverage is good!

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Don't wear 9/11 inside job stuff, and it should be alright.

I disagree. WEAR 9/11 inside job shirt and carry "I'm with Fred" sign.

OR

Carry "I heart abortion lobbyists" sign with a plain tshirt. Be sure you're behind him at all times so the news cameras catch you.

Edit: Disclaimer: I'm not actually advocating anyone do this. It's just something I'd like to see on tv. Problem is, it wouldnt' be aired. Nor do I watch tv.

catwoman
09-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Fred's going to be in Fort Myers on the 14th and we are already organizing our sign waving group. The meetup messages have already been sent out. I just hope everyone shows. The event is starting at noon and they have the park reserved for 5 hours, so who knows when during that time Fred will show up.

foofighter20x
09-07-2007, 07:41 PM
productive i say, but only in disguise as a fredthompsonforums.com member ;) :D :p

MozoVote
09-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Fred is going to be in SC Monday, and I am going. I will take a flex day (work Sunday) so that I can be there and hold a sign.

-----
Monday, September 10
Greenville, SC
Greenville Marriot
One Parkway East
Greenville, SC 29615
8:50 am ? Doors Open

Columbia, SC
Doc?s Barbeque & Southern Buffet
1601 Shop Road
Columbia, SC 29201
12:50 pm - Doors Open
-------

Alabama Supporter
09-07-2007, 07:48 PM
I disagree. WEAR 9/11 inside job shirt and carry" and carry "I'm with Fred" sign.

OR

Carry "I heart abortion lobbyists" sign with a plain tshirt. Be sure you're behind him at all times so the news cameras catch you.

Edit: Disclaimer: I'm not actually advocating anyone do this. It's just something I'd like to see on tv. Problem is, it wouldnt' be aired. Nor do I watch tv.

OK, I fixed it. You are absolutely right.

jpa
09-07-2007, 08:03 PM
"Washington needs a Doctor, Not a Lawyer
Ron Paul 2008"

That would be great to see behind every TV shot of Fred in a crowd.

jonahtrainer
09-07-2007, 08:08 PM
productive i say, but only in disguise as a fredthompsonforums.com member ;) :D :p

Long Live President Thompson!

wgadget
09-07-2007, 08:10 PM
I disagree. WEAR 9/11 inside job shirt and carry "I'm with Fred" sign.

OR

You should be a comedy writer, Scribbler...are you?

trispear
09-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Productive if you spread the Paul's message and history and make others realize that Thompson is a false prophet.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-07-2007, 08:43 PM
You should be a comedy writer, Scribbler...are you?

Lol. Now THAT is funny! Naw, unfortunately, half the time I don't even get my own jokes. But I laugh to be polite. :cool:

4Horsemen
09-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Use deceptive tactics. Wear a Fred head shirt, and act the part. Maybe you'll get to ask him a question in front of his followers. State something like " my friend says your a member of the CFR that's pushing for a North American Union, but I told him you would never be involved in an orginzation like that". :)

inibo
09-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Make sure to wear 9/11 inside job hat and an "I'm with Fred" tshirt and sign.

Wheeeeee!

michaelwise
09-07-2007, 09:37 PM
It's good to shadow all the top tier candidates. Piggyback on their popularity to get some of their free TV time. Eventually the viewers will figure out that the Ron Paul Volunteers are just everywhere.