PDA

View Full Version : Breaking up with my GF over election (and general hopelessness)

brandon
11-04-2008, 03:58 PM
I've been dating my girlfriend for two months and we have a pretty damn good relationship. When we met, she knew little about politics but planned on voting for Obama because she gets federal student aid and wants it to continue.

I gave her a pretty good education on politics and libertarianism over the last two months.

I just talked to her on the phone and recommended she vote for the LP for statewide offices. She refused, plans on voting dem even though she knows not a damn thing about them.

Then I found out she is voting Obama.

I told her that she is basically hiring someone to steal money from me and use it to kill muslims.

We got in a fight.

I think I'm going to break up with her.

If I can't even convince someone who respects and admires me about the virtues of liberty, how can i ever hope to convince a stranger?

SnappleLlama
11-04-2008, 04:00 PM
You don't need her. Go for it! :)

orafi
11-04-2008, 04:00 PM
i impregnated my girlfriend and threatened to leave if she didn't vote for ron paul.

then ron paul lost the primaries :(

torchbearer
11-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Some people enjoy the matrix and will never leave it.

RoyalShock
11-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Some people enjoy the matrix and will never leave it.

Don't forget welfare. They love them their freebies.

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-04-2008, 04:06 PM
is that avatar a picture of her after you both argued?

torchbearer
11-04-2008, 04:07 PM
is that avatar a picture of her after you both argued?

He runs a battered women's shelter. :D

RideTheDirt
11-04-2008, 04:08 PM
i impregnated my girlfriend and threatened to leave if she didn't vote for ron paul.

That's fucked up, yet funny as hell!

LibertyEagle
11-04-2008, 04:10 PM

I guess you didn't understand the message of... with freedom, comes RESPONSIBILITY, too well, did you? :rolleyes:

Perhaps if you brushed up on the principles that this movement is all about AND PRACTICE THEM, you will be better at convincing others.

Spider-Man
11-04-2008, 04:10 PM
DO IT MAN!

Send her to this thread when you do it.

P.S. My gf voted BALDWIN. If she voted Obama, I would have dumped her on the spot.

CoreyBowen999
11-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Do it.

boethius27
11-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Haha, this thread has hilarious potential.

moostraks
11-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Brandon..life is too short and this is too important an issue. I would consider cooling it on the romance. Be friends, and if she matures you can always try again later!

Bryan
11-04-2008, 04:16 PM
She is Mossad. I should know.

:p

Sorry man, couldn't resist... but just hang tight. Today will be a dark day. Regroup, find a new direction and carry on. The alternative is accepting slavery.

heavenlyboy34
11-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Some people are getting a little silly around here. :rolleyes: Everyone knows that TPTB decide the elections! If you really take it seriously, I have a bridge to nowhere to sell ya. :);)

MozoVote
11-04-2008, 04:28 PM
This thread reminds me of the GHemminger days...

Original_Intent
11-04-2008, 04:31 PM
My wife is voting for Baldwin.

4 more years of wedded bliss :D

Damn I got a good woman!

Nirvikalpa
11-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Hmmm.

Maybe you should sit her down and try to explain it to her one last time. Maybe she feels you are pressuring her...

But, you need to respect her right to vote for whomever she wants (although how shitty a choice it is). Sigh.

Does she make you happy every other way? The greatest things don't come all that fast - give her time, eventually she'll come around. I wouldn't let this ruin something, if you feel she treats you right in every other way and you are genuinely happy.

Spider-Man
11-04-2008, 04:34 PM
With all due respect to give.me.liberty, a man doesn't care as much about love in a relationship as he does about respect. The fact that your woman would vote for in your view the worst possible candidate shows that she at the very least doesn't respect your political views. Whether right or wrong, that is more serious of an issue to a man than forgetting a birthday or anniversary is to a woman. IMHO.

JohnMeridith
11-04-2008, 04:38 PM
My gf that I have lived with for over 2 years and dated for 3 years(I would marry her but I don't like the government being apart of my relationship) told me she voted for Obama today...as I was about to tell her I was ending our relationship(2 seconds after she said it) she started laughing and said she chose Chuck Baldwin.

John(took his GF to the Rally for the Republic)

robmpreston
11-04-2008, 04:39 PM
If you're serious then you need to rethink your life. Breaking up with somebody because they voted for Obama is hilariously stupid.

JohnMeridith
11-04-2008, 04:39 PM
BTW dump the bitch. Being a liberal makes her almost as irrational as a neo-conservative.

Zym
11-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Nahhh Bro, don't break up with her. Sleep with all her friends and when she finds out tell her you also believe in sharing the wealth. Your just keeping with good communist ideals :)

ClockwiseSpark
11-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Nahhh Bro, don't break up with her. Sleep with all her friends and when she finds out tell her you also believe in sharing the wealth. Your just keeping with good communist ideals :)

lol

brandon
11-04-2008, 04:47 PM
lol, i love you guys

With all due respect to give.me.liberty, a man doesn't care as much about love in a relationship as he does about respect. The fact that your woman would vote for in your view the worst possible candidate shows that she at the very least doesn't respect your political views. Whether right or wrong, that is more serious of an issue to a man than forgetting a birthday or anniversary is to a woman. IMHO.

And this is exactly correct.

dannno
11-04-2008, 04:47 PM
My gf that I have lived with for over 2 years and dated for 3 years(I would marry her but I don't like the government being apart of my relationship) told me she voted for Obama today...as I was about to tell her I was ending our relationship(2 seconds after she said it) she started laughing and said she chose Chuck Baldwin.

:eek::eek::eek::D

brandon
11-04-2008, 04:48 PM
If you're serious then you need to rethink your life. Breaking up with somebody because they voted for Obama is hilariously stupid.

If your woman hired some thugs to steal money from you, would you stay with her?

ItsTime
11-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Hoes come and go.

robmpreston
11-04-2008, 04:57 PM
If your woman hired some thugs to steal money from you, would you stay with her?
You're a .... dude. It's extremists like you that make this movement seem like it's not even worth it.

JohnMeridith
11-04-2008, 04:58 PM
I have a hard time enjoying myself around people that are mcbama supporters these days, I couldn't imagine being in a relationship with one.

JoshLowry
11-04-2008, 05:00 PM
You're a moron dude. It's extremists like you that make this movement seem like it's not even worth it.

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, especially when it involves women.

- Barry M. Goldwater :)

AbolishTheGovt
11-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Breaking up with her over the election might have more of a negative impact on her view of libertarians and libertarianism than sticking with her and being willing to converse and communicate and deal with differences. If you love her, stay with her. If not, stop wasting her time.

dannno
11-04-2008, 05:01 PM
You're a moron dude. It's extremists like you that make this movement seem like it's not even worth it.

So you don't consider voting for Obama (or McCain, for that matter) to be giving the government authorization to steal from it's citizens? Seems pretty straightforward to me.

angelatc
11-04-2008, 05:05 PM

I think there's room in a relationship for different positions. If you break up with her you can't spend the next four years saying "I told you so!"

IN the letters you can send to her from your mandatory tour of Darfur.

JohnMeridith
11-04-2008, 05:05 PM
So you don't consider voting for Obama (or McCain, for that matter) to be giving the government authorization to steal from it's citizens? Seems pretty straightforward to me.
Stop using logic!!

Danke
11-04-2008, 05:06 PM
I've been dating my girlfriend for two months and we have a pretty damn good relationship. When we met, she knew little about politics but planned on voting for Obama because she gets federal student aid and wants it to continue.

I gave her a pretty good education on politics and libertarianism over the last two months.

I just talked to her on the phone and recommended she vote for the LP for statewide offices. She refused, plans on voting dem even though she knows not a damn thing about them.

I told her that she is basically hiring someone to steal money from me and use it to kill muslims.

We got in a fight.

If I can't even convince someone who respects and admires me about the virtues of liberty, how can i ever hope to convince a stranger?

You are clueless about women.

She wants to break up with you. Otherwise she would have lied and voted for Obama anyway.

JohnMeridith
11-04-2008, 05:09 PM

She wants to break up with you. Otherwise she would have lied and voted for Obama anyway.

you are clueless about real men...we don't care if women want to break up with us.

madcat033
11-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Wow... I have been in the same predicament. I have been telling her all these things, telling her about libertarianism and ron paul... and she agrees with a lot of it but she still votes for and promotes obama.

I mean, she has the best of intentions, but she just doesn't get it. I even told her once that anyone who votes for Obama is either ignorant or stupid, and she wasn't too happy about that... (I truly believe it too. It's not meant in a negative way... if you vote for Obama I think you either truly do not understand or cannot understand the issues at great depth).

gjvrieze
11-04-2008, 05:10 PM

gjvrieze
11-04-2008, 05:11 PM

Paulitical Correctness
11-04-2008, 05:22 PM
she imagines barry when you're doing it.

your move.

Theocrat
11-04-2008, 05:23 PM

I agree. Brandon, if she's not willing to follow your lead in something as simple yet crucial as voting for the proper candidate to the Presidency, then what else will she fall away from in your relationship? She that trifles in the least things will trifle in the greatest things, as well.

You two are a union, and in matters such as the future well-being of our country as it relates to civil liberties and economic stability, it's important that you agree in one. My advice then is that you keep talking to her (and her family as well, by the way) about her choices in life because they could be detrimental to you, even as bad as giving you a Communist President. :(

Danke
11-04-2008, 05:26 PM
you are clueless about real men...we don't care if women want to break up with us.

How the fuck did you get that out of what I wrote?

You're preaching to the choir (actually, I wrote the book).

mconder
11-04-2008, 05:32 PM
It's a good reason to break up with someone. These people are our enemies. Obama is a full blown Marxist and represents a threat to your life, liberty, and property. Anyone who supports him is the enemy in my opinion. There are a zillion Obama signs all over my nieghborhood. I'll never see my nieghbors the same way again. They are a threat to me.

jmag
11-04-2008, 05:34 PM
My Mom voted for Obama - most of the rest my family are Republican neocons. I went for a walk in Boulder today and the yards were Obama signs all over the place. :( Mass hypnosis.

Pete
11-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Brandon, you have to look past this temporary rift at more important issues.

What does she look like?

j/k :). Be patient and either she'll come around or you'll find someone more compatible with you. Everything works out.

brandon
11-04-2008, 05:44 PM

Wise words, but I must admit I did not tell the whole story in my original post.

My girlfriend does not want to break up with me. In fact, she refused to tell me who she was voting for. She knew I would be pissed...but she didnt want to lie to me either. So she just said "i'm not telling"

I know it's Obama though.

:)

I don't think I'm really going to break up with her just yet. I'll give her a few more weeks and see how it goes. :D

brandon
11-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Almost every reply in this thread has literally made me laugh out loud. You guys are great. <3

Liberty Rebellion
11-04-2008, 05:59 PM
This thread is great. :)

MY girlfriend called me with pen and paper in hand ready for me to tell her who and what to vote for! :D

tonesforjonesbones
11-04-2008, 06:11 PM
My husband and i voted the same. he's a republican and i'm registered libertarian..but we're on the same sheet of music. i will be switching back to GOP soon. I think you are to young to be serious with anyone..alas, if you don't agree ..and you're not best friends...it probably won't last anyway. My husband is my best friend...i'd rather hang with him than anyone. Tones

JohnMeridith
11-04-2008, 06:21 PM
How the fuck did you get that out of what I wrote?

You're preaching to the choir (actually, I wrote the book).
I'm just adding to the comedic tone of the thread. no offense intended.

Danke
11-04-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm just adding to the comedic tone of the thread. no offense intended.

Oh, NP.. It is the Internet, I can be a little thick.

angelatc
11-04-2008, 11:22 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=33186850963&view=all

Brandon, I saw this link on a site totally unrelated to politics, and thought of you immediately.

v00513
11-04-2008, 11:35 PM

We got in a fight.

You're an absolute fucking retard. If you indeed did love her or had any feelings for her whatsoever, you would not have left her over some bloody jewish politics. Females generally don't care about them to begin with and just go along with everyone else on who to vote for. And you shouldn't be trying to change people anyway. If they have any clue how to count, they'll realise their own mistakes, or learn from others if they are smart enough to read.

dr. hfn
11-04-2008, 11:36 PM

dude, thats not how you win supporters

Brassmouth
11-05-2008, 12:13 AM
This thread is great. :)

MY girlfriend called me with pen and paper in hand ready for me to tell her who and what to vote for! :D

Same here! :D

qh4dotcom
11-05-2008, 01:01 AM
My wife can't vote because she has a green card....still she discourages me from wearing Ron Paul T-shirts, especially around her friends...what should I do?

Doktor_Jeep
11-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Dump the stupid bitch.

that sort of woman will turn you in for hiding your guns.

Let her artificial environment collapse and then you will see a reality-based attitude adjustment.

But by then, you can leave her to starve along with the rest of the sheep.

RonPaulNewbee
11-05-2008, 01:14 AM
Naw it's not even funny. At first I couldn't tell if this was serious or not but now I know. You guys are jerks. No, you are Star Wars nerks. Call up your conspiracy buddies on your communicator Mr. Spock and see if you can get on the Galaxy Quest. Liberty-Lovin' Lady tried to give it to you gently but I won't. Go trying to change the love of your life and you will end up at the bottom of a pool with slit wrists probably. Life doesn't work like that. What are you people, like 15? That's the way you talk. OH I'M A BIG MAN LIBERTARIAN! Where did you get the idea you have the right to change someone's mind? The Constitution? Grow a pair for god's sake and man up to real people have to deal with in life: diversity. Where' the fuck am I? The Ron Paul Circle Jerk?

HollyforRP
11-05-2008, 01:17 AM
Oh gee, you sound like a control freak original poster.

yongrel
11-05-2008, 01:19 AM
If voting for Barack Obama is the issue, I'm fairly sure blow-up dolls are disenfranchised.

raiha
11-05-2008, 01:39 AM
Your girlfriend probably likes black men with white teeth. He does have a way about him even if he is a bit on the skinny side.:)

georgiapeach
11-05-2008, 01:51 AM
(

Haha! My husband is convinced that Obama will make nice with the Muslims, and the end of the world is nigh! Go figure.
I'm not nearly so worried about what he will or won't do with the Muslims, as I am what he will do with us.
:(

Doktor_Jeep
11-05-2008, 02:05 AM
Naw it's not even funny. At first I couldn't tell if this was serious or not but now I know. You guys are jerks. No, you are Star Wars nerks. Call up your conspiracy buddies on your communicator Mr. Spock and see if you can get on the Galaxy Quest. Liberty-Lovin' Lady tried to give it to you gently but I won't. Go trying to change the love of your life and you will end up at the bottom of a pool with slit wrists probably. Life doesn't work like that. What are you people, like 15? That's the way you talk. OH I'M A BIG MAN LIBERTARIAN! Where did you get the idea you have the right to change someone's mind? The Constitution? Grow a pair for god's sake and man up to real people have to deal with in life: diversity. Where' the fuck am I? The Ron Paul Circle Jerk?

Uh, um...

How do I answer that? You make my head hurt.

Problem is, and I know this from years of experience, is that being the sort of man that stands on principle is a heinous chick repellent.

In the artificial environment of most ladies, they want the guys who have no strong ideals and will gladly marry them, then not complain or fight when their wife sees one too many episodes of Oprah and decides that she no longer wants the man but still wants his money, and makes him an indentured servant for 18-24 years.

But those that make a stand, bad news. It's also likely that such a man will not shave his body either.

But comes the day perhaps when there are no more electrons flowing into the TV for that daily dose of Oprah, Sex in the City, and Desperate Housewives, and they will realize that thing they are married too was never a man, and the ones they ran from are the ones with the food and guns. The latte-slurping metrosexual is not very useful when his system comes crashing down.

But need I rant?

Ahhhh don't get me started!

Look, I had a wife once who said to me that if guns were banned, and cops came knocking, she would tell them that I had them.

I divorced her 4 months later.

It was not about guns, these mere tools, but the placement of state over family.

RonPaulNewbee
11-05-2008, 02:17 AM
Ha nice post! But you made my point better than I could have imagined. Sorry for your loss ... or at least the loss of howevermany months of waisted marriage. Hasn't befallen me. My wife's not a bimbo ... she's got a PhD. And sorry to make your head hurt, it was aimed at the dweebs on here and you are not one. Not sure if the politics over family comment was real or surreal. There can be a balance ... as my two kids can attest.

Peace

ClayTrainor
11-05-2008, 02:35 AM
DO IT MAN!

Send her to this thread when you do it.

P.S. My gf voted BALDWIN. If she voted Obama, I would have dumped her on the spot.

that's pretty tyrannical of you.

Do what i say, or else!!!

Reason
11-05-2008, 02:38 AM
If my g/f voted for McCain I would dump her on the spot.

If she voted for Obama I would dump her on the spot.

bc2208
11-05-2008, 03:06 AM
So you're resigning to the task of finding a girl in the <1% of America that fits your political views AND is attracted to you AND single?

That's sexual suicide.

Drknows
11-05-2008, 04:20 AM
Man this is a tough question.......

every time you look at her you will be reminded of that other man she cheated on you with.

is she hot? have lots of money? If you answered yes to these two question i say stick it out. maybe years down the road you can forgive her.

kojirodensetsu
11-05-2008, 04:31 AM
Look, I had a wife once who said to me that if guns were banned, and cops came knocking, she would tell them that I had them.

I divorced her 4 months later.

It was not about guns, these mere tools, but the placement of state over family.
That's understandable. But the OP breaking up with his gf cause she voted for Obama is pretty stupid.

Knut Schreiber
11-05-2008, 05:41 AM
nahhh bro, don't break up with her. Sleep with all her friends and when she finds out tell her you also believe in sharing the wealth. Your just keeping with good communist ideals :)

best. Post. Period.

fight4liberty
11-05-2008, 05:43 AM

That is one hilarious comment!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!

JohnMeridith
11-05-2008, 08:29 AM
that's pretty tyrannical of you.

Do what i say, or else!!!
Not really, I have never read or seen a tyranny operate like you describe.

"If you don't give me everything and fear me...I'm just going to leave you alone."

Do you know what tyranny means?

JohnMeridith
11-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Naw it's not even funny. At first I couldn't tell if this was serious or not but now I know. You guys are jerks. No, you are Star Wars nerks.

Wow, you got me, I'm a Star Wars "Nerk" because I refuse to put my trust in somebody that would vote against freedom and liberty.

Call up your conspiracy buddies on your communicator Mr. Spock and see if you can get on the Galaxy Quest. Liberty-Lovin' Lady tried to give it to you gently but I won't. Go trying to change the love of your life and you will end up at the bottom of a pool with slit wrists probably.

Great argument there(Not Really), but how can they be the love of our lives if they don't agree on the most important things to us?

Life doesn't work like that. What are you people, like 15? That's the way you talk. OH I'M A BIG MAN LIBERTARIAN! Where did you get the idea you have the right to change someone's mind? The Constitution? Grow a pair for god's sake and man up to real people have to deal with in life: diversity. Where' the fuck am I? The Ron Paul Circle Jerk?
You have no clue about what age we are, how successful in business and how successful our personal lives are to pass judgement on any of us. Perhaps you don't have the virtue or morality to be strong enough to draw a line in the sand and surround yourself with like minded liberty lovers, perhaps you HAVE to settle in this manner, perhaps you are just too much a weak willed individual lacking the spirit to maintain that morality and virtue means. There is no compromise in this.

LibertyEagle
11-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Hoes come and go.

And you guys wonder why more women aren't in this movement. :rolleyes: Here's a hint -- don't call women "hoes".

JohnMeridith
11-05-2008, 09:15 AM
And you guys wonder why more women aren't in this movement. :rolleyes: Here's a hint -- don't call women "hoes".
Wha??? Let's get real, there aren't more women in this movement because they are too materialistic...amongst other basic instinctual programmings.

HollyforRP
11-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Wha??? Let's get real, there aren't more women in this movement because they are too materialistic...amongst other basic instinctual programmings.

wrong. I've been here from the start actually and all over this place from the beginning women were treated as inferiors well guess what!

Want to know who gave Ron Paul the idea to put up the donation ticker? A woman. Me.

This movement needs to be more inclusive of females in the future because all of this putting down women shit is old.

I like Ron Paul but if you want a real revolution, women need to be included as valid supporters and not just objects to use where the males see fit.

For example, dating threads in Ron Paul forums. That was funny. Ill treatment of females, that wasn't funny.

Original poster, if I were your girlfriend, I'd dump you first.

CapitalistRadical
11-05-2008, 12:14 PM
I thought I had talked my girlfriend into voting third-party, but the day of, she panicked and voted for Obama, even though we are in a solid blue state without any contest.

Good for her, she has her own mind and is not just a slave of me.

From the way you guys are defending the electoral system, one might almost think there was a nonzero chance of it providing Libertarian outcomes.

brandon
11-05-2008, 12:33 PM

Not if you knew about my stunning looks and cunning wit. :D

brandon
11-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Some of you are taking this thread way too seriously.

I've only been with my girlfriend for two months, and we're in our early twenties. It's not like we're married with children.

HollyforRP
11-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Not if you knew about my stunning looks and cunning wit. :D

That's what ALL meglomaniacs say though.

HollyforRP
11-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Some of you are taking this thread way too seriously.

I've only been with my girlfriend for two months, and we're in our early twenties. It's not like we're married with children.

Well two months isn't all that serious (shrugs)

that would be an interesting excuse to break up with someone.

Failure to vote for Ron Paul official reason.

brandon
11-05-2008, 12:39 PM
That's what ALL meglomaniacs say though.

Do you have a boyfriend? ;)

HollyforRP
11-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Do you have a boyfriend? ;)

I do but what he doesn't know won't hurt him. ;) (attempt of joking...did it work?)

unklejman
11-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Unfortunately my fiancee is Bahamian and can't vote here. But if she could she would have voted Ron Paul/Chuck Baldwin! :D

Nirvikalpa
11-05-2008, 02:29 PM
wrong. I've been here from the start actually and all over this place from the beginning women were treated as inferiors well guess what!

Want to know who gave Ron Paul the idea to put up the donation ticker? A woman. Me.

This movement needs to be more inclusive of females in the future because all of this putting down women shit is old.

I like Ron Paul but if you want a real revolution, women need to be included as valid supporters and not just objects to use where the males see fit.

For example, dating threads in Ron Paul forums. That was funny. Ill treatment of females, that wasn't funny.

+-effing-1.

lucius
11-05-2008, 02:35 PM

We got in a fight.

Talk politics with you buddies or here; develop some tolerance, not all couples agree on everything. Patience will be your friend, with the clusterf*ck that is heading our way: you will be the one who says, 'I told you so...'

JohnMeridith
11-05-2008, 03:15 PM

Where did I say all women? Go out and ask 50 20-30 something women you know about anything that we stand for and they will for the most part tell you they don't care about that stuff.

No relevance to the subject at hand.

brandon
11-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Where did I say all women? Go out and ask 50 20-30 something women you know about anything that we stand for and they will for the most part tell you they don't care about that stuff.

True, but the same thing can be said about 20-30 year old men.

Maybe 1 out of 50 guys care about what we stand for and 1 out of 100 women care about it.

Anyway, at that ratio it's not gonna be easy for us to take back our country, (or for me to find a new girlfriend :D) (were you really joking Holly? ;) )

JohnMeridith
11-05-2008, 04:36 PM
True, but the same thing can be said about 20-30 year old men.

Maybe 1 out of 50 guys care about what we stand for and 1 out of 100 women care about it.

Anyway, at that ratio it's not gonna be easy for us to take back our country, (or for me to find a new girlfriend :D) (were you really joking Holly? ;) )
true.

libertarian4321
11-06-2008, 05:13 AM

We got in a fight.

If you leave a hot chick over something as pointless as a vote, you are either 1) stupid as hell or 2) a closet homosexual.

If she's not hot, on the other hand, dump away...

Conza88
11-06-2008, 08:01 AM
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/7895/surprisedzf9.gif = this thread.. :D

Commenting in regards to the RP ladies;... you are the bestest http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/5751/tounguecj9.gif

And ...

May you convert all your girlfriends asap... http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/1379/coolgg7.gif

RonPaulNewbee
11-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Wow, you got me, I'm a Star Wars "Nerk" because I refuse to put my trust in somebody that would vote against freedom and liberty.

Great argument there(Not Really), but how can they be the love of our lives if they don't agree on the most important things to us?

You have no clue about what age we are, how successful in business and how successful our personal lives are to pass judgement on any of us. Perhaps you don't have the virtue or morality to be strong enough to draw a line in the sand and surround yourself with like minded liberty lovers, perhaps you HAVE to settle in this manner, perhaps you are just too much a weak willed individual lacking the spirit to maintain that morality and virtue means. There is no compromise in this.

There's no age requirement to join the RP Circle Jerk. But you still don't see my point (whatever your age). And this is how you spell "judgment". Didn't mean to offend Star Wars or Ron Paul in my post. I like Star Trek (the original), in fact. But this obsessive attitude with strict adherence to any ideology to the harm of your girlfriend, wife, friends, whomever, is just immature. How would you rather I say it?

For me, I have no friends who are Ron Paul supporters. I do have one friend I've been educating on the FED, the CFR, and investing in gold and we get along great. I don't know how he voted, though I do know it wasn't for Mac or Barry because he's told me they both worried him. But I repeat, I have NO personal friends who are Ron Paul supporters. To all my friends and acquaintances, I am the first who has explained constitutional government. Now, if I demanded such "allegiance" from everyone I know, I would basically be a hermit. And I'd have no one to educate about this important message that seems to have been lost in time.

If you see there is "no compromise" in this, you understand little about the world. I just want to say a big thank you here to the ladies who support Ron Paul's message. Not all of us realize how important you are to the cause but we are getting there. So apologies, thanks and please stick with us lug-heads. We are "getting there"!

Doktor_Jeep
11-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Anyone who thinks it's wrong to extracate someone with differing political views from your life never had someone you were married to or with for years tell you that if your guns were banned, they would turn you in.

Let's see - you can stay with a woman like that out of fear that someone on the RonPaulForums says you are gay - but then you get turned in by your wife or GF for not handing your guns over to the state and you go to prison and find yourself in a (bent) position repeating to yourself "it's not gay if you don't like it..."

Yeah. What a choice.

This is reflected in the kind of social commentary that George Romero would touch upon in his "dead" films about zombies.

But rather than me explain it, can any of you figure out what I refer to when I bring up Romero's films in the context of this topic?

The conclusion will be interesting and you will come away from this thread with a little light bulb over your head.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-06-2008, 09:46 AM

We got in a fight.

Good. Break up.

Did you end up going to that brothel, with your friend? just wondering

me3
11-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Right, because liberty isn't that important.

You're a .... dude. It's extremists like you that make this movement seem like it's not even worth it.
You're a compromiser, that keeps movements like this from being successful.

So you're resigning to the task of finding a girl in the <1% of America that fits your political views AND is attracted to you AND single?

That's sexual suicide.
There are always hookers. LIBERTY!

Seems to work miracles for rappers. They are covered in women

dannno
11-06-2008, 03:08 PM
This is reflected in the kind of social commentary that George Romero would touch upon in his "dead" films about zombies.

But rather than me explain it, can any of you figure out what I refer to when I bring up Romero's films in the context of this topic?

The conclusion will be interesting and you will come away from this thread with a little light bulb over your head.

Hmm... All I can think of is how the zombies in the movies were numerous, and always trying to bring down the live (free?) few humans that were around, turning them into zombies as well. I'm sure there is much more to it, would love to be enlightened :)

Alawn
11-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Do it. It will be the best thing for you.

newyearsrevolution08
11-06-2008, 03:59 PM
staying with a woman for too long can be bad for your health. It is good to get a new one every 1-3 years no matter their political beliefs

I am due for an upgrade anytime now.

torchbearer
11-06-2008, 04:07 PM
staying with a woman for too long can be bad for your health. It is good to get a new one every 1-3 years no matter their political beliefs

I am due for an upgrade anytime now.

Usually by year 3 most of the mask has come off.
The dance of the seven veils.

The first veil to come off is around the waste... the last to come off is around the face.
A very symbolic dance.

http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/Content_on_7_17_2001_18_13_05/bellydancer2_400.jpg049EF021-CB81-41E7-9BE38BBE8BE0A58E.jpgLarge.jpg

anaconda
11-06-2008, 04:14 PM

James Caravelle and Mary Matalin apparently have a good relationship. But they can probably both make informed argumentative points and contribute to each others' growth and knowledge. But your girlfriend sounds like she doesn't want to do the work to inform herself. But it might be more fun to date someone with some substantial libertarian leanings, regardless of their party affiliation. There would still be plenty of wiggle room for lively disagreements and discussions.

brandon
11-06-2008, 04:24 PM
James Caravelle and Mary Matalin apparently have a good relationship. But they can probably both make informed argumentative points and contribute to each others' growth and knowledge. But your girlfriend sounds like she doesn't want to do the work to inform herself.

Yes this is precisely the problem. If she had well researched and well thought out opinions, I would love to debate her. And I would try my best to respect her views.

The problem is she doesn't know much about politics at all, and she chose to take the advice of the status quo and vote for Obama, rather then taking my advice. It all comes back to a respect issue, as theocrat and someone else mentioned.

I love women who can think for themselves, and I love debating. But I cant deal with someone who just blindly thinks I'm wrong because my views are not mainstream.

RonPaulNewbee
11-06-2008, 08:17 PM
James Caravelle and Mary Matalin apparently have a good relationship. But they can probably both make informed argumentative points and contribute to each others' growth and knowledge. But your girlfriend sounds like she doesn't want to do the work to inform herself. But it might be more fun to date someone with some substantial libertarian leanings, regardless of their party affiliation. There would still be plenty of wiggle room for lively disagreements and discussions.
Carvelle and Matalin don't talk politics with each other. They have actual lives.

RonPaulNewbee
11-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Yes this is precisely the problem. If she had well researched and well thought out opinions, I would love to debate her. And I would try my best to respect her views.

The problem is she doesn't know much about politics at all, and she chose to take the advice of the status quo and vote for Obama, rather then taking my advice. It all comes back to a respect issue, as theocrat and someone else mentioned.

I love women who can think for themselves, and I love debating. But I cant deal with someone who just blindly thinks I'm wrong because my views are not mainstream.
You need a friend.

Don't expect to talk politics to a girl if you are this intent on being a politicrat.

Brassmouth
11-06-2008, 09:02 PM
You need a friend.

Don't expect to talk politics to a girl if you are this intent on being a politicrat.

Yeah seriously. My gf is a libertarian and somewhat interested in politics (probably just because she knows I am, though). But if it wasn't for me she wouldn't know a damn thing.

That said (and trying not to generalize here), I'd say that most women aren't as inclined to take enough interest in politics to actually do a little research and try to think critically. This is just what I've seen though.

I also think that due to the maternal instinct women are more likely to be swayed by the liberal propaganda of "helping the poor" and "protecting the weak consumers" and "saving the trees" and all that garbage. I had a high school teacher that told us she voted Democrat simply because "Darfur needs our help."

That said, I am in no way suggesting that women are inferior to men. I'm just reporting what I've seen. I would love to see more women join our movement. ;)

torchbearer
11-06-2008, 09:05 PM
intellectual compatiblity is important too.
if philosphic differences are there... could be a problem.
a marxist has a different outlook on life by their very belief system.
you don't have to always agree on candidates, but you should have a concept of freedom if that is what is most important to you.

Doktor_Jeep
11-07-2008, 02:48 AM
Hmm... All I can think of is how the zombies in the movies were numerous, and always trying to bring down the live (free?) few humans that were around, turning them into zombies as well. I'm sure there is much more to it, would love to be enlightened :)

Ahhh, Grasshopper, think:

What did the zombies do?

How did they act?

And what would be one word to describe the activity?

And then, Grasshopper, what of the living who interacted with them?

Then, unwise one, you will figure out what George Romero was trying to tell us with his movies, and how that pertains to the topic of this thread.

brandon
11-07-2008, 06:16 AM
You need a friend.

Oh FFS. I have plenty of friends. Just last night I was at a planning meeting for end the fed with about 25 friends.

Sometimes I think you just want to be antagonistic for the fuck of it. Either that or you are dumb as rocks for failing to grasp what we are talking about in this thread.

TastyWheat
11-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Thankfully my girlfriend was pretty much a blank slate so she parrots a lot of what I say. Still, she hates politics so we rarely talk about it. If you can't let go of your disagreements then it doesn't sound like a very happy existence.

SnappleLlama
11-07-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm a woman who can think critically. Does that make me a minority, and if so, how much federal funding can I get for that?

bbagnall
11-07-2008, 12:28 PM

That's scary to be hearing this on Ron Paul message boards. Some people here are starting to sound like the Communist left. We're all about individual choice, remember? Not forcing people to agree with us or suffer the consequences.

brandon
11-07-2008, 02:05 PM
That's scary to be hearing this on Ron Paul message boards. Some people here are starting to sound like the Communist left. We're all about individual choice, remember? Not forcing people to agree with us or suffer the consequences.

Where the fuck did you get this out of my thread? Forcing people to believe and suffering consequences if they don't? Umm... I don't even know what to say. This whole thread has been about individual choice. My girlfriends choice to vote for Obama. And my choice to not be with her anymore for it.

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

Wendi
11-07-2008, 02:23 PM
If you have deep-seated ideological differences with her - then you probably should break up. There are some issues of disagreement that partners can overlook, but it sounds like this isn't one of them in your case.

If it makes you feel any better, I left a church I had been an active member of for several years in large part because of their anti-Paul comments (members of the Pastor's family questioned my faith because of my involvement with the campaign).