PDA

View Full Version : The future of this Country...

Nirvikalpa
11-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Argument on Facebook with a fellow student (a tutoree). I am in bold.

So, you voted for the 2 party system - for Obama?

he's a marxist :(:(

go die

because I am right?

what policies do you like of Mr. Obama?

can you even name 3...

Education, Economy, and Taxes

hows that for ya

what does he know about the economy?

if he knew anything about the economy, he would not have supported the bailout, which is failing, by the way. AIG is blowing it, which I expected...

he knows a lot about our failing economy

those are just generic names for something you know nothing about.

ah, gotcha. whats the cause of our failing economy?

BULLSHIT

[he goes offline].

The future of this country, don't you feel blessed now?

kaleidoscope eyes
11-04-2008, 03:07 PM
very, uh... uplifting?
sheesh

MRoCkEd
11-04-2008, 03:08 PM
I would try a different approach.

So, who did you vote for?
Obama
Oh cool, I don't support him because I'm anti-war
Obama is anti-war...
Actually, he wants to leave permanent basis in Iraq and send more troops into afghanistan, pakistan, and syria. He also will take no options off the table with Iran
WOT

Nirvikalpa
11-04-2008, 03:10 PM
I was getting there, but he abruptly left :( I already was trying to tell people he was pro-Pakistan war, and they didn't seem to care. As long as we're out of Iraq...

:rolleyes:

sevin
11-04-2008, 03:12 PM
I would try a different approach.

So, who did you vote for?
Obama
Oh cool, I don't support him because I'm anti-war
Obama is anti-war...
Actually, he wants to leave permanent basis in Iraq and send more troops into afghanistan, pakistan, and syria. He also will take no options off the table with Iran
WOT

Agreed. When I try to sway people, I don't try and make them feel stupid. They just resent it. Instead I make them feel as though I found out some important piece of information that I'm sharing with them (which is basically true), and they usually raise their eyebrows and want to hear more. It's much more effective.

Theocrat
11-04-2008, 03:13 PM
What do you have against Black people, Nikki? ;)

Nirvikalpa
11-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Agreed. When I try to sway people, I don't try and make them feel stupid. They just resent it. Instead I make them feel as though I found out some important piece of information that I'm sharing with them (which is basically true), and they usually raise their eyebrows and want to hear more. It's much more effective.

Nah, I've been trying with this kid for a while, because his parents like and respect RP and he just doesn't want to hear it. He got extremely offended when I said I believed in decriminalizing marijuana... bunch of nasty names he called me.

Which is funny, because he smokes pot. Maybe he was high. Don't know anymore.

Theo, it's because I am white, isn't it? :P

kathy88
11-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Like poeple give a shit about the issues. Everyone has one pet issue and vote based on their candidate's view on that issue alone. Or at least that's what a LOT of people do. If i hear Obama is a baby killer one more fucking time I'll puke.

ryanduff
11-04-2008, 03:51 PM
What do you have against Black people, Nikki? ;)

I like how it's so easy to spot the Obama plants in here... they're the ones always turning it into a racial issue. If you support anybody other than Obama, you're somehow considered racist.

What this forum needs is some mods to start booting these asswipes out the door.

Danke
11-04-2008, 03:57 PM
I like how it's so easy to spot the Obama plants in here... they're the ones always turning it into a racial issue. If you support anybody other than Obama, you're somehow considered racist.

What this forum needs is some mods to start booting these asswipes out the door.

First Tones calls Conza an Obama shill, not this? I believe Theocrat was trying to be sarcastic.

Bryan
11-04-2008, 04:02 PM
First Tones calls Conza an Obama shill, not this? I believe Theocrat was trying to be sarcastic.
Yes, he was being sarcastic.

Just report posts that don't follow the forum guidelines. If you don't like the guidelines make a suggestion to change them.

LibertyEagle
11-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Theo was kidding. He is a long-time respected member around here, for your information.

I agree. I'm checking out your posting history right now. :p:)

georgiaboy
11-04-2008, 04:45 PM
I at least give the kid props for listing three issue categories. Many Obama supporters would just say "He's for change, hope, and he's so inspiring!" and leave it at that.

JoshLowry
11-04-2008, 04:47 PM
I at least give the kid props for listing three issue categories. Many Obama supporters would just say "He's for change, hope, and he's so inspiring!" and leave it at that.

He's also a good speaker, handsome, and has a good personality. Obama 08! WOOO

Theocrat
11-04-2008, 04:48 PM

I was only being facetious. Just check out my signature. Besides, there is no way in the world I'm voting for Comrade Obama.

CoreyBowen999
11-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Hey Nikki, Im part of this countries future ;)