PDA

View Full Version : Torchbearer - This thread's for You!

Anti Federalist
11-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Here is to you, for doing the work needed so that, in at least one state, there was a "choice".

You have possibly saved thousands of souls tonight.

My hat is off to YOU, Sir!
http://sln.fi.edu/franklin/inventor/inline/inventor.gif

kathy88
11-04-2008, 02:58 PM
My thanks as well.

IPSecure
11-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Patriotic Blimp and a Bump!

Thanks Torch!

torchbearer
11-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Don't forget Shotdown and Micah Dardar and the rest of the crew.
It wouldn't have happened without them either!

Thanks to everyone!

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd147/badboy18_69/SSPX0074.jpg

moostraks
11-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Prost! You are a Patriot!

kaleidoscope eyes
11-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Torchbearer and your crew, whole hearted thanks, you've done so much, you're unbelievable man.
Hats off!

Anti Federalist
11-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Don't forget Shotdown and Micah Dardar and the rest of the crew.
It wouldn't have happened without them either!

Thanks to everyone!

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd147/badboy18_69/SSPX0074.jpg

That's a gorgeous sight to behold, even if on a rigged "evoting" machine.

Yes, thumbs up to Shotdown and Micah as well!!!

pcosmar
11-04-2008, 03:02 PM
To you Sir,
/raises glass

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-1001870024810_1986_9102005

rajibo
11-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Why is "Ron" in quotes?

torchbearer
11-04-2008, 03:03 PM
How Ron Paul got on the ballot in LA: http://www.nolanchart.com/article5357.html

torchbearer
11-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Why is "Ron" in quotes?

In Louisiana, when you don't use your real name, the aka is put in quotes.
Ron's real name is Ronald. so Ron would be considered an aka.

Anti Federalist
11-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Why is "Ron" in quotes?

His full name is Ronald.

torchbearer
11-04-2008, 03:08 PM
How Ron Paul got on the ballot in LA: http://www.nolanchart.com/article5357.html

Here is the Town Talk article about me and the Ron Paul ballot: http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20081012/NEWS01/810120333

Theocrat
11-04-2008, 03:09 PM
You do realize that you stole votes away from other third party candidates who were actually trying to increase their support numbers in that state, right? Congressman Paul wasn't even in the race anymore, and he even gave his personal support towards a third party candidate. I just don't see strategically how your efforts helped. You might as well have put "Thomas Jefferson" on the ballot for the Louisiana Taxpayers Party.

torchbearer
11-04-2008, 03:10 PM
also- the town talk picked out 6 people at random to interview about who they were going to vote for...
my girlfriend was one of those random people. :)
http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008311040011
This came out yesterday. Of course she told them she was voting for Ron Paul.
1 out of 6 people agree. :)

torchbearer
11-04-2008, 03:11 PM
You do realize that you stole votes away from other third party candidates who were actually trying to increase their support numbers in that state, right? Congressman Paul wasn't even in the race anymore, and he even gave his personal support towards a third party candidate. I just don't see strategically how your efforts helped. You might as well have put "Thomas Jefferson" on the ballot for the Louisiana Taxpayers Party.

"I" stole votes? Whose vote did I steal and how?
I'm seeing people voting for Ron Paul. Not me changing their vote to Ron Paul.

Theocrat
11-04-2008, 03:15 PM
"I" stole votes? Whose vote did I steal and how?
I'm seeing people voting for Ron Paul. Not me changing their vote to Ron Paul.

Your whole effort to get Congressman Paul on the ballot when he had ended his campaign is what I mean by you "stealing" votes. There were other candidates to choose from who espoused Dr. Paul's views, so what was the point of you getting his name on the Louisiana ballot?

angelatc
11-04-2008, 03:17 PM
wll, I think you did a great thing. I would love to gave been given a chance to vote for Ron Paul.

torchbearer
11-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Your whole effort to get Congressman Paul on the ballot when he had ended his campaign is what I mean by you "stealing" votes. There were other candidates to choose from who espoused Dr. Paul's views, so what was the point of you getting his name on the Louisiana ballot?

There were people who were going to write-in ron paul's name.
The write-in would not have counted. Now the people's votes will be counted.

Bob Barr didn't make the ballot. His supporters were not going to vote for Baldwin. They now how a viable choice.

If Baldwin's message isn't as good as Ron Paul's message, blame baldwin, not the people who put the best man for the job on the ballot.

Bruno
11-04-2008, 03:22 PM
wll, I think you did a great thing. I would love to gave been given a chance to vote for Ron Paul.

+1

Those votes will be counted and part of history. Good work!

muh_roads
11-04-2008, 03:23 PM
also- the town talk picked out 6 people at random to interview about who they were going to vote for...
my girlfriend was one of those random people. :)
http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008311040011
This came out yesterday. Of course she told them she was voting for Ron Paul.
1 out of 6 people agree. :)

Loretta Abshire sounds like a real bible thumping dumb shit. So that is where the zionism comes from..."Israel is the apple of god's eye"...

Good grief.

She should go worship the golden wall street calf along with the 700 Club.

TonySutton
if baldwin's message isn't as good as ron paul's message, blame baldwin, not the people who put the best man for the job on the ballot.

+1

Theocrat
There were people who were going to write-in ron paul's name.
The write-in would not have counted. Now the people's votes will be counted.

Bob Barr didn't make the ballot. His supporters were not going to vote for Baldwin. They now how a viable choice.

If Baldwin's message isn't as good as Ron Paul's message, blame baldwin, not the people who put the best man for the job on the ballot.

It was a protest vote for those from the Libertarian Party camp who didn't get to vote for Barr. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

torchbearer
11-04-2008, 03:25 PM
It was a protest vote for those from the Libertarian Party camp who didn't get to vote for Barr. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Do you put words in people's mouths often?
There were many factors that brought us to this decision.
The LP had nothing to do with it.
Barr was still in the hunt for ballot access when the Ron Paul ballot was registered.
Meaning, its now a good thing those guys have someone to vote for... but at the time, they were planning to vote for Barr.

torchbearer
11-04-2008, 03:26 PM
One of the guys who initiated the Ron Paul ballot was the secretary of the Constitution party of Louisiana. I'm guessing Baldwin really wasn't as appealing as Ron paul.

muh_roads
11-04-2008, 03:28 PM
One of the guys who initiated the Ron Paul ballot was the secretary of the Constitution party of Louisiana. I'm guessing Baldwin really wasn't as appealing as Ron paul.

lol burn.

Thanks again torchbearer, you did an awesome thing. :)

torchbearer
11-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Loretta Abshire sounds like a real bible thumping dumb shit. So that is where the zionism comes from..."Israel is the apple of god's eye"...

Good grief.

She should go worship the golden wall street calf along with the 700 Club.

One of the guys in that article sounding like a complete racist too... not sure if you caught that.
I just thought it was funny that they actually caught a ron paul supporter at random... and that person was my gf... after i've been in the local paper twice in the last month.

sockmonkey70@yahoo.com
11-04-2008, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't be voting today if it wasn't for you torchbearer :) Thank you guys. I'll have to post some pictures of my car....I turned it into a rEVOLution mobile for the day hehe.

torchbearer
11-04-2008, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't be voting today if it wasn't for you torchbearer :) Thank you guys. I'll have to post some pictures of my car....I turned it into a rEVOLution mobile for the day hehe.

Can't wait to see the pictures!
My truck looks like a stock car with all the Ron Paul and Campain for Liberty Magnets on it.
And my house... geez, I've got signs all over the place... Big ones too!
like 4 foot by 8 foot signs.
It looks like Ron Paul HQ.

kathy88
11-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Today must be bittersweet for you, eh Brent? You'll get 'em next time. We'll have way more time to help you.

torchbearer
11-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Today must be bittersweet for you, eh Brent? You'll get 'em next time. We'll have way more time to help you.

Oh- don't worry.. i'm already set for the city council race.
If I can get enough people to sign up on the campaign for liberty site, we can have a powerful organization here to elect anyone we wish.
Start local!

Sandra
11-04-2008, 04:03 PM

Isn't this the argument for the two party system you're backing? The same EXACT point they make, "the third party vote takes THEIR votes".

Theocrat
11-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Isn't this the argument for the two party system you're backing? The same EXACT point they make, "the third party vote takes THEIR votes".

I don't support the two-party system. The main point I was getting at was that there were other third party candidates who needed votes to increase their support in the state elections, and Congressman Paul was not running for President any longer.

It's inevitable that votes are going to be redistributed amongst competing parties. I understand that factor. It's just that I didn't understand torchbearer's reasoning for putting Dr. Paul's name on the state ballot until he made it clear to me that he wanted to provide another option for those who couldn't vote for Barr and didn't feel comfortable with Dr. Baldwin. Now I understand his intention and strategy for getting Congressman Paul on the LA ballot.

torchbearer
11-04-2008, 04:30 PM
I don't support the two-party system. The main point I was getting at was that there were other third party candidates who needed votes to increase their support in the state elections, and Congressman Paul was not running for President any longer.

It's inevitable that votes are going to be redistributed amongst competing parties. I understand that factor. It's just that I didn't understand torchbearer's reasoning for putting Dr. Paul's name on the state ballot until he made it clear to me that he wanted to provide another option for those who couldn't vote for Barr and didn't feel comfortable with Dr. Baldwin. Now I understand his intention and strategy for getting Congressman Paul on the LA ballot.

That was only one of many, and wasn't even close to the more important reasons.
Barr was still vying for ballot access when we got the Paul ticket on the ballot.
It is just fortunate.
The LAGOP's treatment of our delegates and the write-in vote were more pressing than the lack of Barr on the ballot.

Theocrat
11-04-2008, 04:33 PM
That was only one of many, and wasn't even close to the more important reasons.
Barr was still vying for ballot access when we got the Paul ticket on the ballot.
It is just fortunate.
The LAGOP's treatment of our delegates and the write-in vote were more pressing than the lack of Barr on the ballot.

Like I've said, you just wanted to give liberty voters in Louisiana more options on the ballot for the sake of their consciences. Thumbs high!

pappy
11-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks to all who made this possible in Louisiana (ashamedly, I was not one of them). Your efforts are enabling me to go and vote for someone I believe in (wether he wants me to vote for him or not).

My vote doesn't depend on wether Ron Paul wants me to vote for him, but wether I want to vote for him. Your efforts have made it possible for me to vote my conscience and for that I am grateful. A vote of my conscience usually entails NOT VOTING, but not this time. I will cast my vote for Paul and feel good (selfishly) tonight.

Once again, thanks guys. I am signing off to get in my car and go fill in the box for Paul right now.

WOOHOO!!!

pappy

ItsTime
11-04-2008, 04:36 PM
good job man

parke
11-04-2008, 05:36 PM
word