PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Ron Paul should have run Independent?

nullvalu
11-04-2008, 02:38 PM
I don't know, I was going to support Ron Paul either way - but in just the last few days I've talked to over a dozen people who weren't involved in the Ron Paul movement, but knew I was- who told me had Ron Paul ran indepedent - they would have voted for him cuz they don't really like Obama or McCain. And that's just my small circle of friends/co-workers.. anyone else seeing this? *sigh*

angelatc
11-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Yeah, but he didn't want to run independent, so there wasn't much we could do.

Sigh.

ProBlue33
11-04-2008, 02:43 PM
He should have, just to spite McCain & the GOP for the way he was treated at the RNC

Anti Federalist
11-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Sez CO - "of COURSE he should have"!
http://somecallmeduh.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/captainobvious.jpg

Bruno
11-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Should have but didn't want to. Gotta respect it. :(

rockandrollsouls
11-04-2008, 03:12 PM
I don't know, I was going to support Ron Paul either way - but in just the last few days I've talked to over a dozen people who weren't involved in the Ron Paul movement, but knew I was- who told me had Ron Paul ran indepedent - they would have voted for him cuz they don't really like Obama or McCain. And that's just my small circle of friends/co-workers.. anyone else seeing this? *sigh*

It hurts just to think about it...I honestly think he would have slaughtered both candidates if he ran...ugh...let's not bring it up :(

ArrestPoliticians
11-04-2008, 03:52 PM

yeah, I agree. RP underestimated how fast this message has spread, I think it has spread almost as fast post campaign as it did during. I was against an independent run too at the time, but now I wonder...

0zzy
11-04-2008, 03:57 PM
yes