PDA

View Full Version : An Election day story, and Early New Jersey poll results

LiveToWin
11-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Have you ever seen a movie where when a certain person walks into a room, the room goes silent, and its all whispers and mumbles? Thats what happened when I went to vote this afternoon ;)

I walked into the polling location in my town wearing my RON PAUL R[EVOL]UTION sweat shirt, and I had the WHOLE room staring at me :D As I was signing my name all I heard around me was "He is wearing a Ron Paul shirt!...." "Isnt he running?" "That guys shirt has Ron Paul on it....." Apparently, they thought I was breaking some rule. Well I got in the booth just fine and wrote in Ron Paul for president :D:D:D Then as I was walking out I saw all the people just staring at me, all I did was smile at them and proceded to keep walking out. As I was about to leave some old guy said "hey! Hey!" I turned around to him and he told me Im not suppose to wear anything thing with a candidates name on it at a polling station. I told him that Ron Paul was not on the ballot and he was no longer a candidate, he didnt say anything else to me :p

After voting I went to get a hair cut and had a little discussion about politics with him. He eventually asked me who I voted for. I told him - Ron Paul. His reaction was priceless LOL. At first he was shocked, and then commended me for actually voting for him. He said that he thought Everyone my age was voting for Obama, and he was not at all expecting me to say Ron Paul. For about 5 minutes straight he just stammered on, saying Good Job, Goob Job. After he regained his composure he said he had asked everyone else who came in for a hair cut today who they voted for and I was Really surprised what the results were. He said of everyone he asked today the results were 11 McCain, 2 Obama, 1 Ron Paul - :p I thought New Jersey was leaning towards Obama, so I didnt expect such a number favoring McCain.

Well I will be up late tonight watching the election results, its certainly going to be intresting if it follows anywhere close to 11-2.

torchbearer
11-04-2008, 02:31 PM
good job.

Sarge
11-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Bravo to you!

Thank you.

RoyalShock
11-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Were you at a barber shop, salon or some mall-based quick-cutter?

Anyway, nice work!

thehighwaymanq
11-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Did you vote Jason Scheurer for Senate?

TER
11-04-2008, 02:49 PM
LOL! Same thing happened to me! When I walked into the polling station wearing my "I support Ron Paul" shirt, everyone kept staring at my shirt! BTW, I'm in Jersey too ;)

ronpaulfollower999
11-04-2008, 02:50 PM
For some reason, people think Ron Paul supporters have some type of contagious disease. :confused:

LiveToWin
11-04-2008, 03:07 PM
For some reason, people think Ron Paul supporters have some type of contagious disease. :confused:

No... Sheep just always freak out when they meet Unscanables (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QOz3OL9dmA)

chrisc888
11-04-2008, 03:14 PM
I thought New Jersey was leaning towards Obama, so I didnt expect such a number favoring McCain.

Well I will be up late tonight watching the election results, its certainly going to be intresting if it follows anywhere close to 11-2.

NJ overall leans towards Obama, but there are a lot of republicans here in certain places too. I live in a heavily republican district - there's got to be at least 10 McLame signs for every obama sign around here.

rockandrollsouls
11-04-2008, 03:19 PM
LOL! Same thing happened to me! When I walked into the polling station wearing my "I support Ron Paul" shirt, everyone kept staring at my shirt! BTW, I'm in Jersey too ;)

Jersey here, too! Didn't wear my Ron Paul t-shirt because I didn't feel like being kicked out or arguing with anyone, but I did proudly cast a vote for Chuck!

I think most of our state leans McCain...at least from what I've seen.

chrisc888
11-04-2008, 03:22 PM
I think most of the Democrats are in the larger towns and cities, like Newark, Camden, Jersey City, etc.
Most of the northern suburbs are strong republican leaning areas.

Chester Copperpot
11-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Yeah NJ here too.. Voted For CHuck.. and then of course against every incumbent on the ballot because they all suck.

kathy88
11-04-2008, 03:36 PM
I grew up in Monmouth County. Miss it. Good job to my home state.

american.swan
11-04-2008, 04:46 PM
.. And then of course against every incumbent on the ballot because they all suck.

good job!!!!

Michigan11
11-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah NJ here too.. Voted For CHuck.. and then of course against every incumbent on the ballot because they all suck.

Hell yeah! Same here.:)

rockandrollsouls
11-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Hell yeah! Same here.:)

In my district, there wasn't anyone but the big two on the ballot for congress. I voted the libertarian for senate and didn't vote for Congress...I couldn't bring myself to choose between two awful candidates.

dannno
11-04-2008, 05:08 PM
After voting I went to get a hair cut and had a little discussion about politics with him. ... He said of everyone he asked today the results were 11 McCain, 2 Obama, 1 Ron Paul - :p I thought New Jersey was leaning towards Obama, so I didnt expect such a number favoring McCain.

Obama supporters don't go to barber shops unless they're black. The rest go to a hair stylist.

[/racism]