PDA

View Full Version : Now that the election is done, can we get the C4L store opened!

thehighwaymanq
11-04-2008, 02:20 PM
COME ON!

I know there's a bunch of legal shit, but lets get that thing going!

Once Obama is in office, and starts to fuck up, we have to capitalize on people who jump off the Obama change bandwagon.

nullvalu
11-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Is the C4L behind schedule or is there really not much going on there? or is it not gaining traction because you have to pay? It's sad that its not taking off more quickly.

For now, I'd urge everyone to get involved in the RLC (http://rlc.org).

raystone
11-04-2008, 04:40 PM
The C4L has double the paying members in one month than the RLC has after 2 years in my state.

The C4L is gaining traction, new members signing up everyday, county and district coordinators being nominated and confirmed. State meetings are being held across the country and regional meetings are being scheduled for '09 featuring political training, and a visit from Ron Paul. When a state has enough Precinct Leaders making an impact, they go for a state charter and elect all new state leadership.

A lot of people still believe that if they entered the name to hit 100,000 a couple of months ago, they are members. Not true, must go to campaignforliberty.com and sign up now. Either pay $35 or not. $35 will get you engaged as Precinct Leader which is the strategy of the C4L, taking back the country, precinct by precinct. Non paying members will receive C4L news and help them find other liberty lovers in their city and state.

ItsTime
11-04-2008, 04:43 PM
we have 2 years to get liberty candidates into office! We NEED to break down the numbers of where Ron Paul did best and get congressional candidates up and running there.

slacker921
11-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Are the same people who ran the Paul campaign running C4L?

David40
11-13-2008, 06:00 AM
I think I can tell you why there is no CFL store. There are, and have been, sources for CFL related stuff, including my own web site, that have been available for a while now. For whatever reasons the merchandise is not selling. I think CFL is aware of this and probably realize it's not worth setting up a store if there is no demand to cover the costs. Just simple economics.
Even the major Ron Paul sites are not interested in helping out with promotion of CFL stuff. For crap sakes they are still advertising obsolete Ron Paul Campaign materials. :(

dr. hfn
11-13-2008, 09:07 PM
I've been closely watching the C4L and I can tell you that the numbers are growing every day. The number of accounts has been going up steadily since it launched. I know that my home state of PA just got a state interim coordinator...very exciting news! I also have personally been communicating with people in my state and have been helping others in my state. It's a great place for brainstorming and organizing!

David40
11-13-2008, 10:50 PM
I have not been able to find the membership numbers. Is there a place where they show the total number of members?

awake
11-14-2008, 04:31 PM
I have been batting around the idea of a Liberty Artist Group - all the creative artists in the revolution to work in one place for and provide the revolution with on going development for media, graphics, Music and movies for grassroots events as well as community purchases.

literatim
11-14-2008, 05:31 PM
CFL doesn't really take off until after the first of the year.

Kludge
11-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Eh, C4L has been very disappointing in what they've done, how they're spending their money, who they're hiring, and what their future plans are...

The grassroots projects are taking off though. GearforLiberty.com (http://www.gearforliberty.com/) is unbeatable in price and run by a grassroots member. Hell -- take the $15-20 savings per shirt and donate it to the C4L if you're that concerned.

The_Orlonater
11-14-2008, 05:38 PM
People will reelect Obama, take my word for it. This is the New Deal all over again.

David40
11-14-2008, 06:51 PM
With things developing at an ever increasingly fast rate, I can't understand the delay. All during the Ron Paul Campaign I had the feeling that we were consistently a day late and a dollar short. When events were set up, the advertising did not happen until a week before the event. When we had a primary election to get ready for we did not get set up for the canvassing until a couple of weeks before the election. We were rushed to do things at the last minute that should have been planned and executed two months before not two weeks. I hope this pattern does not continue with CFL because stuff like that really hurts us. I'm all for being fugal, but not if the job is not getting done.

RCA
11-16-2008, 12:50 AM
CFL doesn't really take off until after the first of the year.

How many "take-offs" do they need? What is this like the 3rd grand-opening in 6 months? The CFL should have been a simple "roll-over" of the presidential campaign. This roll-over should have been seamless and all effort should have been focused on maintaining the enthusiasm and ambition of the grassroots.

RCA
11-16-2008, 12:59 AM
I think I can tell you why there is no CFL store. There are, and have been, sources for CFL related stuff, including my own web site, that have been available for a while now. For whatever reasons the merchandise is not selling. I think CFL is aware of this and probably realize it's not worth setting up a store if there is no demand to cover the costs. Just simple economics.
Even the major Ron Paul sites are not interested in helping out with promotion of CFL stuff. For crap sakes they are still advertising obsolete Ron Paul Campaign materials. :(

There are holes all in your logic. For starters, I TRIED to order some of this "grassroots" CFL stuff from CafePress. When I got the shirts and stickers in the mail, it was nothing but 72 dpi web graphics blown up to fit on a t-shirt. The pixels were as large as a pencil eraser. I was able to get a refund from CafePress eventually, but I think most people would rather purchase official, high-quality materials from the CFL directly, not just for the quality but for the donation too.

Also, why would merchandise "move" when the CFL hasn't even given the grassroots many green-light indicators of action? One such green-light indicator would be a frickin' store! IMHO, that should have been one of the very first website features put in place.

Also, you said there was not enough demand to cover COSTS? You mean to say that the millions of our dollars used to start up the CFL wasn't enough to have a few thousand bumper stickers and t-shirts printed up???

Give me a break.

Kludge
11-16-2008, 01:00 AM
There are holes all in your logic. For starters, I TRIED to order some of this "grassroots" CFL stuff from CafePress. When I got the shirts and stickers in the mail, it was nothing but 72 dpi web graphics blown up to fit on a t-shirt. The pixels were as large as a pencil eraser. I was able to get a refund from CafePress eventually, but I think most people would rather purchase official, high-quality materials from the CFL directly, not just for the quality but for the donation too.

Gear For Liberty (http://www.gearforliberty.com) :p

RCA
11-16-2008, 01:02 AM
Gear For Liberty (http://www.gearforliberty.com) :p

That's nice, but no stickers with the official logo on it. I'll wait.

Kludge
11-16-2008, 01:07 AM

http://www.gearforliberty.com/g4l_banners.html

The very first one is a sticker with C4L on it.

RCA
11-16-2008, 01:13 AM
http://www.gearforliberty.com/g4l_banners.html

The very first one is a sticker with C4L on it.

Yeah, I know. I was just being picky and referring to the stickers with the square logo from the CFL website. But I guess that is better than nothing!

literatim
11-16-2008, 04:16 AM
How many "take-offs" do they need? What is this like the 3rd grand-opening in 6 months? The CFL should have been a simple "roll-over" of the presidential campaign. This roll-over should have been seamless and all effort should have been focused on maintaining the enthusiasm and ambition of the grassroots.

They have repeatedly said that they are more or less in beta form.

Have you ever designed a website?

David40
11-16-2008, 05:44 AM

All 8 of the stickers I'm selling have the logo on them. :confused:
www.CampaignForLibertyStuff.com

tonesforjonesbones
11-16-2008, 09:17 AM
They are paying those people running it salaries with your dough..that's why nothing is getting done. They will hire more of their friends to teach you classes that you will pay big bucks for at regional conventions. They will create more rallies...that cost a lot of dough when we need to be using our money LOCALLY to spread liberty LOCALLY and get LOCAL liberty candidates elected. Tones

David40
11-16-2008, 04:06 PM
They are paying those people running it salaries with your dough..that's why nothing is getting done. They will hire more of their friends to teach you classes that you will pay big bucks for at regional conventions. They will create more rallies...that cost a lot of dough when we need to be using our money LOCALLY to spread liberty LOCALLY and get LOCAL liberty candidates elected. Tones

Dr Paul has always been a bit too laid back for my taste. I think he should watch them more closely and crack the whip once in a while. :D

tonesforjonesbones
11-16-2008, 04:15 PM
I agree David...but he doesn't like telling people what to do..therefore they run amok. tones

newyearsrevolution08
11-16-2008, 04:29 PM
No matter what... We cannot win anyone over UNTIL after Obama takes office and starts messing up. Why waste time and energy before that time?

You can't tell someone how bad obama is UNTIL after they see it for themselves THEN we can show them an alternative.

there is a reason why you don't start advertising until a few weeks before an event VERSUS doing it months in advance. Look at movies, they sometimes do it a couple days before friday. You want to get people who are going to ACT NOW to ACT NOW versus saying "hey something is going down in 6 months and hope you will be there" and wasting tons of money doing it...

tonesforjonesbones
11-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Well..i would say it isn't telling people how bad obama is..but telling people how good liberty is. The message stands no matter what puppet is in office...we should continue our mission of spreading the message! tones

newyearsrevolution08
11-16-2008, 04:30 PM
I agree David...but he doesn't like telling people what to do..therefore they run amok. tones

Agreed BUT there were some in his campaign that didn't need to be there AND telling people what to do whether laid back or not has zero to do with making sure they do their job CORRECTLY.

remember the tv commercials......

As a leader, you don't have to bark orders but you should draw up a "to do" list of some sort..

tonesforjonesbones
11-16-2008, 04:31 PM
hey..lol...if i was Ron Paul they would all be fired. lol..tones

newyearsrevolution08
11-16-2008, 04:38 PM
hey..lol...if i was Ron Paul they would all be fired. lol..tones

exactly

tonesforjonesbones
11-16-2008, 04:41 PM
:p:p:p:p tones

Debbie Hopper
11-16-2008, 11:30 PM
I have been batting around the idea of a Liberty Artist Group - all the creative artists in the revolution to work in one place for and provide the revolution with on going development for media, graphics, Music and movies for grassroots events as well as community purchases.

This is a great idea!

FYI- The C4L store will be up and running before Christmas.

Debbie Hopper
11-17-2008, 01:02 AM
The C4L has double the paying members in one month than the RLC has after 2 years in my state.

The C4L is gaining traction, new members signing up everyday, county and district coordinators being nominated and confirmed. State meetings are being held across the country and regional meetings are being scheduled for '09 featuring political training, and a visit from Ron Paul. When a state has enough Precinct Leaders making an impact, they go for a state charter and elect all new state leadership.

A lot of people still believe that if they entered the name to hit 100,000 a couple of months ago, they are members. Not true, must go to campaignforliberty.com and sign up now. Either pay $35 or not. $35 will get you engaged as Precinct Leader which is the strategy of the C4L, taking back the country, precinct by precinct. Non paying members will receive C4L news and help them find other liberty lovers in their city and state.

Raystone, I don't know who you are, but I love you!

C4L is growing every day and focused on recruiting, training, equipping and mobilizing an army of Precinct Leaders across the country who are committed to winning their precinct for liberty.

I know of no other way to win. You can have the best liberty candidate the movement has to offer, but unless you build a precinct organization capable of identifying and delivering the vote, your great candidate probably won't win.

If you want your liberty back, then dedicate your time and your energy over the next few years into becoming an effective Precinct Leader. Find out what it's going to take to win your precinct and then set out to do it.

If you're not sure how to begin, join the Campaign for Liberty's Precinct Leader Program. For $35 a year you get the tools, training and voter lists you need to do your job. If you already know how to win your precinct and want to get the voter list locally, then don't pay C4L the $35. No skin off my nose.

All I know is, if you win your precinct, and I win mine, and the over 100,000 people who consider themselves to be "members" of the Campaign for Liberty would actually commit themselves to doing the same thing, we'd get our liberty back. We'd have a bloodless revolution at the ballot box. We'd take back the "People's House" and fill it with Ron Paul candidates who would honor their oath and stay within the bounds of the Constitution.

If you plan to run for office in 2010 and you want to win, I urge you to begin today to build a precinct organization and to recruit volunteers for every single precinct in your district.