PDA

View Full Version : The Revolution Continues..... Liberty 2012

UtahApocalypse
11-04-2008, 01:20 PM
With the election underway it is time to start looking to our future. At this time since we do not have a candidate yet we can only begin our "Liberty Campaign"

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/Utah4RonPaul/LibertyTreeFlag2012.jpg

Original_Intent
11-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Should be renamed Liberty Campaign 2010. What we do with Congress in two years is going to be far more critical than the POTUS dog and pony show.

UtahApocalypse
11-04-2008, 04:34 PM
bump

eredeath
11-04-2008, 06:01 PM
char

fahayek
11-04-2008, 06:07 PM
I agree but for my own entertainment...
Jesse Ventura 2012!

truther. no thanks!

mczerone
11-04-2008, 06:12 PM
truther. no thanks!

I agree. The biggest problems with Paul gaining traction were the racist accusations, and the affiliations with the "truthers". I do think that there are valid concerns over 9/11, but public perception is what politics is all about, and Ventura doesn't cultivate a very good perception. His appearance and 'trutherness' would hold back a viable message and completely frame the movement as the single issue of 9/11.

eredeath
11-04-2008, 07:28 PM
char

Aratus
11-05-2008, 10:02 AM
cool picture... the future mayhap is actually less dire, and most truely is still the future which has yet to be!!!

Peace&Freedom
11-05-2008, 11:23 AM
I agree. The biggest problems with Paul gaining traction were the racist accusations, and the affiliations with the "truthers". I do think that there are valid concerns over 9/11, but public perception is what politics is all about, and Ventura doesn't cultivate a very good perception. His appearance and 'trutherness' would hold back a viable message and completely frame the movement as the single issue of 9/11.

Absolute nonsense. The media blackout and the purported racist accusations, plus the internal campaign blunders did Paul in, and the nontruthers have been trying to scapegoat the truthers ever since. Notice the above poster mentions the accusations in passing, but lays into the truthers, showing they were the real target of his comments. As long as this divisive approach to fracturing the liberty movement continues, it will keep on failing.

CUnknown
11-05-2008, 12:00 PM
As long as he makes an effort to downplay his truther tendencies, I think he'd make our best candidate. Certainly no one else has the name recognition he does (assuming Ron Paul himself doesn't give it another go).

I don't think it was the truther stuff that "Did Paul in". Racism, neither. The media blackout was the most powerful force -- the media is always the most powerful force. Blackout someone, and then you can say whatever you want (Racist, truther, satan-worshipper, whatever) and they can't respond. People are left with one impression (the slander), and even if they don't believe it there is no counter-impression to believe either.

The slander did its job, but I question how many votes he actually lost because of it. I'd imagine only in the hundreds or thousands. The media blackout could have cost him hundreds of thousands if not more.

pacelli
11-05-2008, 12:02 PM

A positive aspect of Ventura is that he can't be pushed around by mainstream interviewers. Paul is always too nice to call them on their bullshit (except the 1 time he went on O'Reilly), whereas Ventura has no problems being a heel.

A perception problem I see with Ventura is that he spends 6 months a year surfing at his place in Mexico, so I can see the 'unamerican' crap starting-- although his ex-Navy Seal status could buffer it.

tonesforjonesbones
11-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Ventura is a terrible choice. 2010 is around the corner..we need to be working on liberty candidates at the local and state levels...I hope Baldwin joins the GOP again and runs for representative. tones