PDA

View Full Version : So who is the closet libertarian at Fox?

kaligula
09-07-2007, 06:12 PM
In an email from the Paul campaign today, Ron said at the debate that one "famous guy" from Fox whispered to him that he was a libertarian.

Don't think Judge Napolitano was at the debate, so it's not him.

Hurricane Bruiser
09-07-2007, 06:13 PM
are you sure it was from FOX? or just a famous person?

jj111
09-07-2007, 06:15 PM
I would wager a million dollars there are tons of closet libertarians who work at Fox, who despise the ethics and politics of their employers.

Corydoras
Don't out him or her! We need someone working from within The System and if they find them, who knows what will mysteriously happen to their career!
:)
(Not a conspiracy theorist, just a realist about what happens to news people who are perceived as off the beaten track.)

Paulitician
"It's true that a few of the network people are not exactly with us on foreign or domestic policy (though one famous guy whispered to me that he is a libertarian)"

Seems as if it's a Fox employee. I don't know who to suspect...

jj111
09-07-2007, 06:16 PM
If the peace, freedom, and Constitution movement wins, I think the CEO of Fox News will find he will have a harder time dealing with a REAL free market in broadcast media.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 06:17 PM
uh.. I thought maybe Colmes, but I think I've heard him advocate for a big government... he likes a big government

Matt Collins
09-07-2007, 06:18 PM
In an email from the Paul campaign today, Ron said at the debate that one "famous guy" from Fox whispered to him that he was a libertarian.

Don't think Judge Napolitano was at the debate, so it's not him.

Maybe he was talking about Alan Colmes?

But The Judge is absolutely libertarian without a doubt. Read his books to see more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Napolitano

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Maybe he was talking about Alan Colmes?

But The Judge is absolutely libertarian without a doubt. Read his books to see more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Napolitano

I thought it was him...but doesn't Colmes talk about loving big government? He seems to like democratic party economics

Mr. White
09-07-2007, 06:22 PM
If you saw the Hannity and Colmes thing after they did all the thanks and have a good ones, colmes said really quickly 'wait, stay for a minute' to paul.

richard1984
09-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Colmes said that Dr. Paul agrees with (bitch ass) Hannity on economics after the debates--so I assume that Colmes is for excessive taxation and, thus, excessive government.

alaric
09-07-2007, 06:25 PM
I thought it was him...but doesn't Colmes talk about loving big government? He seems to like democratic party economics

i don't think it was him, but he sure treats our beloved doctor a lot better than hannity. by the way, olberman tried to give him a plug off air after the 1st debate and likes him, but he was told to shut up. i think bill maher was also 'talked to'.;)

austin356
09-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Well Shepard Smith is probably the most libertarian "top guy" besides the Judge.

While it is hard to gauge him because his show is basically "news only" with little spin and commentary if you watch him enough you get the impression he is paleoconservative or maybe even libertarian.

And I must add, regardless of politics, he is the second most decent person there, and perhaps the only "standable" person there besides the Judge and the Hot lady.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Well Shepard Smith is probably the most libertarian "top guy" besides the Judge.

While it is hard to gauge him because his show is basically "news only" with little spin and commentary if you watch him enough you get the impression he is paleoconservative or maybe even libertarian.

And I must add, regardless of politics, he is the second most decent person there, and perhaps the only "standable" person there besides the Judge and the Hot lady.

it HAD to be a guy that was at that debate...famous guy. This narrows it down. I'm sure we can search wiki for clues

Salamando
09-07-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm not saying that its Murdoch, but I read that hes a self-claimed libertarian.

austin356
09-07-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm not saying that its Murdoch, but I read that hes a self-claimed libertarian.

Which probably means Kudlow Conservative.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 06:47 PM

ha ha ha.. it seems that everyone likes to think they are.

Colleen
09-07-2007, 06:51 PM
I was thinking it may be Colmes?? But so many - as you all know, like Bill Maher - use the term ver-ry loosely.

Alan is very tolerant of a divergence of viewpoints on his radio show. Even had Alex Jones on there. He may think he is a Libertarian.

dude58677
09-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Brit Humes?

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Brit Humes?

LOL that man is everything but...

Kuldebar
09-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Greta?

LOL hmmm probably the FOXNewsroom's sanitation engineer.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Greta?

LOL hmmm probably the FOXNewsroom's sanitation engineer.

she is so damn boring. It has to be someone famous that was at the debate

quickmike
09-07-2007, 07:03 PM

Murdoch is a MONSTER. he doesnt care either way about the american people and what kind of government we end up with.

He has had a few fundraisers for Hillary in NYC this year. All he cares about is how the presidency will effect his netorks rating.............. thats all........ nothing more, nothing less.

The guy has no soul, thats why hes supporting Hillary because he knows with a Hillary presidency, his ratings will go up because Fox will have so much more to bitch about.

Its all business to him.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Murdoch is a MONSTER. he doesnt care either way about the american people and what kind of government we end up with.

He has had a few fundraisers for Hillary in NYC this year. All he cares about is how the presidency will effect his netorks rating.............. thats all........ nothing more, nothing less.

The guy has no soul, thats why hes supporting Hillary because he knows with a Hillary presidency, his ratings will go up because Fox will have so much more to bitch about.

Its all business to him.

not every libertarian is an American, but I know what you mean. He's pro war.. what the hell kind of libertarian is that? There's this thing called the non-aggression principle

dude58677
09-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Maybe it's that black guy who was asking the debate questions?

Cowlesy
09-07-2007, 07:12 PM
I don't know who the person was, but I want to give Alan Colmes some credit. A lot of you say, "Well he was sabotaging Ron Paul by saying he was trying to alienate him from the Republicans by being nice to him."

But I actually emailed him today on an address I received from a friend at News Corp so I could see. Colmes respects Ron Paul for being principled and having the courage to say what he believes. I know Alan is a big gov't democrat, but he should be respected for giving Ron Paul an honest shake.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Maybe it's that black guy who was asking the debate questions?

That Wendell guy? Wendell Goler.. didn't sound like it,.. I have no idea lol

dude58677
09-07-2007, 07:20 PM
That Wendell guy? Wendell Goler.. didn't sound like it,.. I have no idea lol

He could have just been playing the devils advocate with his questions and he did ask Ron Paul in the first Fox debate about abolishing departments.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 07:24 PM
uh.. I thought maybe Colmes, but I think I've heard him advocate for a big government... he likes a big government

No way. Not Colmes.

im_a_pepper
09-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Clearly its Sean Hannity and we just see his Media-side that he portrays while on camera or under a mic. Obviously Libertarian roots.

dude58677
09-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Clearly its Sean Hannity and we just see his Media-side that he portrays while on camera or under a mic. Obviously Libertarian roots.

He said he didn't like the IRS and he was satisfied with Ron Paul about abolishing the Department of Education.

alaric
09-07-2007, 11:50 PM

no way hannity. he is nastier to dr. paul than anyone

d'anconia
09-08-2007, 12:06 AM
LOL I'm thinking Shepard Smith but that's just me. I hope it isn't Greta because we don't need a scientologist within our ranks.

And that Wendell guy? If he's a libertarian then he certainly has a very strange way of expressing it LOL

james1906
09-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Does it have to be someone on Fox News? Maybe it's Simon Cowell.

quickmike
09-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Could it be Geraldo Rivera?

Just taking a wild guess here.

james1906
09-08-2007, 12:24 AM

that's probably the best guess so far

quickmike
09-08-2007, 12:29 AM
that's probably the best guess so far

Of course it is.................... I made it:D

No seriously though, I just thought he seemed kinda out of the norm for a Fox news guy.

rockfree33
09-08-2007, 12:43 AM

I doubt it. Isn't he for amnesty?

quickmike
09-08-2007, 12:46 AM
I doubt it. Isn't he for amnesty?

Yeah, but a whole lot of libertarians are for completely open borders. Id say most of them believe that.

CMoore
09-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Being for amnesty does not mean you can't be Libertarian. In fact immigration is the one area where Dr. Paul and some libertarians differ. Some libertarians would have completely open borders.

quickmike
09-08-2007, 12:49 AM
Being for amnesty does not mean you can't be Libertarian. In fact immigration is the one area where Dr. Paul and some libertarians differ. Some libertarians would have completely open borders.

Yeah, by the true definition of Libertarianism, open borders would fit right in with the beliefs.

TheRothbardian
09-08-2007, 12:50 AM
My guess is that it is probably either Neil Cavuto or Shepard Smith.

Matt Collins
09-08-2007, 12:57 AM
Yeah, but a whole lot of libertarians are for completely open borders. Id say most of them believe that.Yes, but keep in mind that open borders does not = unsecured borders. The distinction is important.

iamso910
09-08-2007, 12:59 AM

Its all business to him.
I think Murdoch is one of the major forces pushing for a New World Order of elites that is being organized by the CFR.

To do this, they need to break down the constitution and wars are the best path to that goal.

Maybe once they got their world dictatorship in place, the imagine they could have a peaceful and productive society.

But I think instead, what we would end up with is an international blood bath, as the people fight off the tyrants and their murderous strategies.

quickmike
09-08-2007, 12:59 AM
My guess is that it is probably either Neil Cavuto or Shepard Smith.

Cavuto..................... definitely not.

He always rags on Ron Paul about his stance on wanting to get rid of the IRS and said "if we got rid of the IRS, how would be pay for things?"
A libertarian would never ask something like that. He always seems kind of a dick to Ron Paul when hes on. Also, if it was Cavuto, he would have mentioned it way before the debate that he was a libertarian since theyve talked plenty of times before.

Shepard though....................... could be.

CMoore
09-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Believe it or not, there are some Libertarians who would have unsecured borders.

quickmike
09-08-2007, 01:05 AM
Believe it or not, there are some Libertarians who would have unsecured borders.

Most of the hardcore libertarians believe in that. They dont want government paid guards protecting our borders at all. Private guards though might be a different story with the libertarians. They might be for that.

Richandler
09-08-2007, 01:08 AM
Who ever it is, they need to give $2,300.

Chester Copperpot
09-08-2007, 01:59 AM
Maybe Carl Cameron?

He was in one of the 911 truther videos and that luke rudkowski guy had his ear and Carl seemed really interested in stuff and luke was talking to him about Ron Paul about some other stuff... I remember seeing the video that I didnt even recognize carl in it, becuase he has sunglasses on or something.. like I dont think he was there as a reporter or if he was he wasnt on air at the time.. but it was defintiely him

LibertyEagle
09-08-2007, 03:57 AM

No frickin' way.

cjhowe
09-08-2007, 04:07 AM

In addition amnesty and open borders are two different issues. One can be for open borders and against amnesty. Recognizing that amnesty is a dangerous tool in a country of laws.

ButchHowdy
09-08-2007, 06:40 AM
Rupert Murdoch isn't even an American citizen . . . He is a Straussian communist who hates the USA.

sandersondavis
09-08-2007, 06:58 AM
It has to be Chris Wallace. That "nasty" question was just a softball that RP hit out the the park. Any newsman would have anticipated that answer.

"No! I take my marching orders from the constitution." Now, that's a sound bite. That's the stuff bumper stickers are made of.

Chris Wallace isn't stupid. He set that one up for RP.

Cowlesy
09-08-2007, 07:07 AM
We could be completely barking up the wrong tree. There may have been other famous folks up there other than Fox News talking heads.

Daveforliberty
09-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Just a thought, and I have no idea if he was there... but how about O'Reilly? I think he would qualify as "famous." But he "whispered" to Ron because he can't blow his personna. Maybe he realizes he's just a showman playing a part, and doesn't even believe the crap he spews himself. But he does know how to get ratings.

I say we wait and see how he treats our guy on Monday. From the sound of O'Reilly's announcement (reading it- I didn't see it) it seems like calendars were trying to be arranged. Did he also "whisper" that he'd have RP on his show as soon as they could arrange it?

ChooseLiberty
09-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Actually he became a US citizen a few years ago. He's still a big zionist tho and gives all kinds of money to the zionist cause and Israel.

Rupert Murdoch isn't even an American citizen . . . He is a Straussian communist who hates the USA.

Cowlesy
09-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Well we can see below Geraldo is a confirmed Libertarian, but I don't think he was at the debate. Geraldo would clearly disagree with Ron's border policy.

O'REILLY: Isn't that nice?

With us now with his opinion on the matter and also a look back at Elvis Presley, Geraldo Rivera.

You know, I mean, I know you're liberal social guy, social liberal.

GERALDO RIVERA, HOST, "AT LARGE": Libertarian.

O'REILLY: This is crazy.

RIVERA: Well, you know why? The problem is — and I hate censorship, and you know I do. And I really believe that, if people like that stuff, let them listen to that stuff.

The problem here is the venue. And the problem is that you have seven of the families who are bitterly complaining about the fact that this man has been booked. I think you've got a dilemma on your hands right now.

ghemminger
09-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Yeah GEraldo is it for sure!

dwdollar
09-09-2007, 12:10 AM
I hope not, that man is such a fool.