PDA

View Full Version : The Price Paid for the Republican Rejection of Ron Paul

Peace&Freedom
11-04-2008, 11:18 AM
The magnificent blog post from LRC today:

The Price Paid for the Republican Rejection of Ron Paul
Posted by Bill Anderson at November 4, 2008 08:45 AM

On Sunday nights, our pastor has been preaching a series of sermons from the first and second books of Kings, which chronicles the decline and ultimate destruction of Old Testament Israel. There is a consistent theme, and that is the fact that both the Northern and the Southern kingdoms rejected the prophets who tried to bring the message of justice and righteousness.

While I hardly am going to liken Ron Paul to Isaiah or claim that the USA is Biblical Israel, nonetheless there is a parallel. Ron Paul for many years has tried to provide an example for Republicans, especially in the years following 9/11. He has called for liberty, for sound money, and for real justice.

What has been the Republican response? They first tried to defeat him by paying people to run against him in primaries. When that did not work, they marginalized him. During the campaign, they made false accusations against him, and they got the "Beltway Libertarians" to further launch attacks on him by claiming he was a racist.

The last straw came during the Republican convention. Whenever Paul delegates stepped to the mikes to make comments, the microphones were shut off and security was summoned to remove them from the premises. Paul delegates were shut out of the platform talks and from every other meaningful discussion.

Instead, the delegates cheered the "country first" mantra, with its wars and economic interventions. Today, we will see the fruits of those poisonous seeds.

You see, the Republicans still claimed the mantle of freedom and free enterprise, but in reality were promoters of the corporate state. Instead of seeing businesses as good things in themselves, they saw businesses as an ATM to be tapped for campaign cash and other "K-Street Project" activities. When Ron Paul and others protested, the Republican leadership stopped their ears. They listened, instead, to "political geniuses" Karl Rove and Dick Cheney, who truly led this party down the road to destruction.

Today, the voters will utterly smash the Republican Party for good. The Democrats will permit a small remnant to remain in order to preserve the facade of "competitive" elections. They will make sure that the few Republicans in Congress have relatively safe seats, and as long as they don't rattle their cages, they will be permitted to enjoy all of the financial and ceremonial perks of their jobs.

Ron Paul had a message that works. Had the Republicans listened, they would not be facing the massacre they face today. The Republicans had an opportunity, but they rejected it. Today, the voters will reject them.

georgiaboy
11-04-2008, 11:24 AM
yep.

nodope0695
11-04-2008, 11:27 AM
This is what happens to the GOP for rejecting RON PAUL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HR4hp_-kSI&feature=related

Cleaner44
11-04-2008, 11:34 AM
That's what I'm sayin! Cya McCain. Cya big govt Neocon fucks.

speciallyblend
11-04-2008, 11:37 AM
100% rejected the gop this election. I cannot wait for them to blame lil ole me and us:) bring it on!!!

kahless
11-04-2008, 11:39 AM
We need to step in and take control of the party. There can be no room at the table for these failed neocons. They must be shut out of the party just like they shut real conservatives out during the campaign.

I Am Weasel
11-04-2008, 11:48 AM
damnet... damnet damnet damnet, I shoulda known better

ProBlue33
11-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Agreed political suicide by the GOP, with the rejection of Ron Paul

itshappening
11-04-2008, 11:55 AM
maybe we should all donate to LRC, they have some great articles.

fr33domfightr
11-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Where possible, I'll be voting for Libertarian candidates over the GOPs this time.

FF

Truth Warrior
11-04-2008, 12:18 PM
I think the price is for choosing McCain. :rolleyes:

Original_Intent
11-04-2008, 01:08 PM
100% rejected the gop this election. I cannot wait for them to blame lil ole me and us:) bring it on!!!

I did it and I'll do it again if need be!