PDA

View Full Version : I just cast my write in vote for Ron Paul

Joey Wahoo
11-04-2008, 08:57 AM
What a ride we had this year. At times exciting and full of hope. Ultimately extremely disappointing.

No matter what happens, I know that my vote went to the best choice.

over and out

peace

RPDelegate
11-04-2008, 09:02 AM
What a ride we had this year. At times exciting and full of hope. Ultimately extremely disappointing.

No matter what happens, I know that my vote went to the best choice.

over and out

peace

Do write ins even count? Even Ron Paul himself said not to write his name in and that he wanted his supporters to vote 3rd party.

Anti Federalist
11-04-2008, 09:06 AM
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/DirkGently12/1173034116967.jpg

Anti Federalist
11-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Do write ins even count? Even Ron Paul himself said not to write his name in and that he wanted his supporters to vote 3rd party.

RP's first third party choice, Baldwin, is not on the NH ballot.

Barr is a tool.

I'm writing in RP and I don't give a fuck.

I'll sleep OK tonight.

nodope0695
11-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Me too. I wrote in RON PAUL.

At first, as the last few days leading up to today passed, I entertained the idea of voting McCain to counter an Obama win, but then I snapped out of my malaise, and regained my sanity. I will never again vote for the lesser of of two evils...

I vowed when Ron Paul was swept out of the race that I'd write him in, and I did. The idea to write him in on the Diebold screen with a sharpie marker crossed my mind too, but I didn't feel like getting arrested today. I know my vote today won't amount to a hill of beans, but at least down the road, I can honestly claim I didn't vote for either of the two evils.

Why didn't I vote for a third party, you ask? Because I never supported a third party, don't trust the other candidates, and figured that if I'm gonna cast a vote of conscience, it would be a vote for Ron Paul.

Was it a waste? Nope. It would have been a waste had I gone with one of the big two, or the other yokles....and I did not feel like having voter's remorse. I towed the party line by voting for Bush in '00 and '04, and have never fully recovered from the guilt and shame I felt afterward knowing I voted for a complete moron.

Now, I can rest easy knowing that I voted with my conscience, my beliefs, and with my mind. To you folks out there who are still on the fence, do the same thing. It feels great!

homah
11-04-2008, 09:13 AM
I just wrote in Dr. Paul as well.

The booth did not have a pen for a write in vote, so I had to ask the pollster for one. He said, "sounds like another vote for Mr. Paul," so it sounds like there are at least two write ins from my voting location.

nodope0695
11-04-2008, 09:15 AM
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/DirkGently12/1173034116967.jpg

LOL. For who, though?

nodope0695
11-04-2008, 09:16 AM
i just wrote in dr. Paul as well.

The booth did not have a pen for a write in vote, so i had to ask the pollster for one. He said, "sounds like another vote for mr. Paul," so it sounds like there are at least two write ins from my voting location.

Nice. Perhaps we'll have a pleasant supprise tonight...