PDA

View Full Version : Voted for Chuck Baldwin.

literatim
11-04-2008, 08:15 AM
No matter what happens in the future, I will know that my conscience is and will be clear.

AdamT
11-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Just voted for Baldwin myself. No blood on my hands.

billjarrett
11-04-2008, 08:19 AM
So did I and at least 3-4 other folks I know here.

Cowlesy
11-04-2008, 08:31 AM
nice!!

ChaosControl
11-04-2008, 08:31 AM
I did too when I mailed in my ballot yesterday. :)

MikeStanart
11-04-2008, 08:48 AM
My hands are clean. I did the same.

Maltheus
11-04-2008, 08:50 AM
I've been leaning towards Baldwin for the last couple of months, but now at the last minute, I'm having my doubts. I don't like Barr and I don't think I would vote for him if he had a chance of winning (well, I dunno, maybe), but this is a protest vote to alarm the GOP. If they see more people going to the Constitution Party over the Libertarians, they may take decide to move further towards the religious right to capture back our votes. If they see the Libertarians drawing the votes, they may drift towards fiscal conservatism. I so wish Ruwart would have won the nomination.

hopeforamerica
11-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Will be voting for Chuck in an hour or two.

EgwaTlvdatsi
11-04-2008, 08:57 AM
I did, also. I have been going through Nader (I don't know why, I just like him. Maybe it's just because he seems so damn goofy to me. :rolleyes:), Barr (no matter what there seemed to be no thrill whenever I read his issues or watched him on Youtube).

Although I'm sure he did it just because I did it, my 9 year old went with me and voted for Baldwin, also, in the kids booth...:o

Mortikhi
11-04-2008, 09:15 AM
I voted Baldwin, too.

It took everything I had not to write-in Ron Paul.

heavenlyboy34
11-04-2008, 09:16 AM
I vote for chuck later today. He's a write-in here in AZ. :(

nf7mate
11-04-2008, 09:17 AM
I voted Baldwin. My slate was all over the place - I voted Constitution Party for president, a Republican for Congresssman, and a Libertarian for Senate.

Nirvikalpa
11-04-2008, 09:24 AM
I voted Baldwin. My slate was all over the place - I voted Constitution Party for president, a Republican for Congresssman, and a Libertarian for Senate.

Same as me!

http://i34.tinypic.com/2jb88ld.jpg

ryanduff
11-04-2008, 09:26 AM
I voted for Baldwin as well... my Ron Paul sign is still up in my front yard though...

I couldn't live with myself if I voted for McInsane or NObama. I'll let the sheep choose the lesser of two evils there.

Eagles' Wings
11-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Voted CP last presidential election and again this time. Would like to see big numbers for Chuck Baldwin...at least larger than anticipated. Also had CP on ballot for Senate AND CP sent us list of judges to vote for. God Bless America

Hurricane Bruiser
11-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Voted Baldwin here. I couldn't get myself to vote FOR either McCain or Obama and Baldwin was the best choice for me to vote FOR.

Bumnah
11-04-2008, 09:44 AM
I voted for Chuck Baldwin as well. I wish it was Ron Paul on the ballet though. :(

Original_Intent
11-04-2008, 10:02 AM
I voted Badwin for president and did something I have never done in almost 30 years of voting - voted for a democrat. My congressman Matheson from Ut has a pretty poor voting record, but I told him if he voted against the bailout he would get my vote. I don't feel good about having made that promise, but I do feel good about keeping my promise.

I am pretty sure I voted for Republicans, a Dem, a LP and some CPs. I felt that it was a very informed voted except for a lot of the local bond issues, which I voted mostly against.

tnvoter
11-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Same.

tbarnett17
11-04-2008, 10:29 AM
I just voted Baldwin! No blood on my hands either! -Tyler

Pepsi
11-04-2008, 10:35 AM
I also voted for Chuck Baldwin.

Jeremy
11-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Just got back from writing in Baldwin

LEK
11-04-2008, 11:07 AM
I've been leaning towards Baldwin for the last couple of months, but now at the last minute, I'm having my doubts. I don't like Barr and I don't think I would vote for him if he had a chance of winning (well, I dunno, maybe), but this is a protest vote to alarm the GOP. If they see more people going to the Constitution Party over the Libertarians, they may take decide to move further towards the religious right to capture back our votes. If they see the Libertarians drawing the votes, they may drift towards fiscal conservatism. I so wish Ruwart would have won the nomination.

Hopefully this will help:

Chuck Baldwin does not represent the Religious Right (that collective, brain dead group that refuses to think). Don't equate the Christian support for him to the same support Bush got from the aforementioned Religious Right.

Baldwin is a man of integrity as is Ron Paul. He doesn't play-act his faith. It is real and is the root of his integrity. A true man of God is not to be feared but encouraged and supported.

I speak from the same perspective as Mr. Baldwin.

Maltheus
11-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Hopefully this will help:

Chuck Baldwin does not represent the Religious Right (that collective, brain dead group that refuses to think). Don't equate the Christian support for him to the same support Bush got from the aforementioned Religious Right.

Baldwin is a man of integrity as is Ron Paul. He doesn't play-act his faith. It is real and is the root of his integrity. A true man of God is not to be feared but encouraged and supported.

I speak from the same perspective as Mr. Baldwin.

Oh, I had no personal problems with him and I was never too worried about his religious side. I was just concerned with the message it might send to the GOP and what lessons they might take away from it. But they I realized that I don't give a crap about what message I send to the GOP. They're a lost cause. So I voted for Baldwin. :)

dawnbt
11-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Me too and I drafted two more last minute Baldwin voters!!

rockandrollsouls
11-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Voting for Chuck very shortly!

newyearsrevolution08
11-04-2008, 12:03 PM
I voted for chuck baldwin,

It comes to the point that I just have to laugh at people though.

Like my wifes mom asked who I was voting for and I responded, "I am writing in my vote for chuck baldwin".

She LIKE MOST comes back with one of the STUPIDEST come backs that I am sure we ALL hear daily.

"But you are just throwing away your vote!"

When I hear this, and I heard this not only from this crazy lady but also some drunk guys on halloween... It gets a bit irritating to say the least.

A simple way to deal with this...

Most times they are voting for obama because they tend to be the "Throwing your vote away" crowd whereas the mccain crowd is "we need to support freedom and this and that". Both to me seem like crazy stances to have with either two of those poor excuses for presidential candidates let alone actually being our president.

I simple asked, "so name 3 stances obama has that you feel are better than mccains?"

Good luck finding anyone who can actually come up with anything besides, "well the war sucks, (assume he is ending wars lol) or , hes for change and mccain isn't (that is just plain stupid and actually explains ZERO).

They never actually have a reason to vote for them. So then I ask, so with you not even knowing your candidate how am I throwing away MY vote? I can happily explain to you what I like about chuck baldwin and why I disagree with both the mccain AND obama platform.