PDA

View Full Version : I couldn't bring myself to vote third party this election...

Elwar
11-04-2008, 07:12 AM
I could not bring myself to follow Dr. Paul's advice this election to vote for a third party candidate for the presidential election.

I've been a member of the Libertarian Party for over a decade. I have voted for the Libertarian candidate since '96 (I voted for Bush Sr. in '92...I was uninformed). But considering I was a big part of the Georgia Libertarian Party during the years we worked to kick Bob Barr out of Congress I could not bring myself to vote for the country's biggest drug warrior.

As for My Baldwin...I'm sure he's a great candidate, I honestly didn't look into him enough because my heart just couldn't bring me to vote for him when I had a better choice.

I wrote in Ron Paul. Sure, it doesn't count in my state. If Chuck Baldwin or Bob Barr are one vote away from winning the presidency and the Supreme Court doesn't get involved and all the re-counts are spot on the same each time then you can blame me.

I was selfish...I wanted that good feeling after voting that I always got after voting for the Libertarian candidate. I wish the LP would've voted for Mary Ruwart, I know that she was a principled Libertarian who had the core libertarian values that I believe in.

I did write Ron Paul's name in on an absentee ballot so at least some poll worker out there who has to check all of the write-in votes will see it and perhaps it will make them go hmm..

Menthol Patch
11-04-2008, 07:14 AM
That's fantastic! I totally agree that no one should vote for Bob Barr!

ARealConservative
11-04-2008, 07:20 AM
I could not bring myself to follow Dr. Paul's advice this election to vote for a third party candidate for the presidential election.

I've been a member of the Libertarian Party for over a decade. I have voted for the Libertarian candidate since '96 (I voted for Bush Sr. in '92...I was uninformed). But considering I was a big part of the Georgia Libertarian Party during the years we worked to kick Bob Barr out of Congress I could not bring myself to vote for the country's biggest drug warrior.

As for My Baldwin...I'm sure he's a great candidate, I honestly didn't look into him enough because my heart just couldn't bring me to vote for him when I had a better choice.

I wrote in Ron Paul. Sure, it doesn't count in my state. If Chuck Baldwin or Bob Barr are one vote away from winning the presidency and the Supreme Court doesn't get involved and all the re-counts are spot on the same each time then you can blame me.

I was selfish...I wanted that good feeling after voting that I always got after voting for the Libertarian candidate. I wish the LP would've voted for Mary Ruwart, I know that she was a principled Libertarian who had the core libertarian values that I believe in.

I did write Ron Paul's name in on an absentee ballot so at least some poll worker out there who has to check all of the write-in votes will see it and perhaps it will make them go hmm..

your an idiot, flat out retarded.

You somehow think kicking Bob Barr out of congress was a net gain, explain that one to me.

FindLiberty
11-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Remain at your posts! (And the band played on as the ship went down bow-first into the icy waters.)

I will vote for BB, if I bother to vote at all. I also may wear a clothes clip on my nose as I vote as a protest to the LP nomination process.

lol - Blame you "if Chuck Baldwin or Bob Barr are one vote away from winning the presidency..."

Menthol Patch
11-04-2008, 07:23 AM

You somehow think kicking Bob Barr out of congress was a net gain, explain that one to me.

Kicking Bob Barr out of congress was FANTASTIC!

He is a neocon that voted for the war in Iraq, the patriot act, and the war on drugs.

ARealConservative
11-04-2008, 07:28 AM
Kicking Bob Barr out of congress was FANTASTIC!

He is a neocon that voted for the war in Iraq, the patriot act, and the war on drugs.

and Ron Paul is to blame for his success in the Libertarian Party.

You morons never could figure out how to reconcile that one.

Elwar
11-04-2008, 07:29 AM

Bob Barr was instrimental in stopping a vote in DC to legalize medical marijuanna. He was a staunch drug warrior. The late Libertarian, Ron Crickenberger, set into motion a plan to go after the biggest drug warriors in congress who were in the most vulnerable seats. Sending a message to Congress that those who wanted to use the Drug War to take away our freedom were going to be targetted.

Unfortunately Ron passed away and the Congress just found a new war to use toward taking away our freedoms.

Menthol Patch
11-04-2008, 07:40 AM
and Ron Paul is to blame for his success in the Libertarian Party.

You morons never could figure out how to reconcile that one.

It's easy to reconcile.

Ron Paul is a great candidate and a true Libertarian, but he is too nice to other candidates.