PDA

View Full Version : Draft

CoreyBowen999
11-04-2008, 06:18 AM
My mom just told me that if a draft occured once I turned 18, it would be worth it to stop the terrorists from coming here. Im 15 and she is telling me this:eek:

WRellim
11-04-2008, 06:22 AM
My mom just told me that if a draft occured once I turned 18, it would be worth it to stop the terrorists from coming here. Im 15 and she is telling me this:eek:

Tell her that SHE can go join up anytime she frigging wants.

YOU can choose to be a C.O. (come north to Wisconsin, we'll hide you in the basement here if necessary {like my forebears did with the slaves pre-civil war} and with jedi mind tricks we can keep the stormtroopers away).
;)

(Oh, and BTW the only "terrorists" that will possibly be "here" ...will be FROM the government. [Osama can't swim, because he grew up in a desert and is afraid of water... plus he's dead and al qaeda is a bunch of B.S.])

moostraks
11-04-2008, 06:29 AM

What an ugly, assinine thing for a parent to tell their child. Start now if you want to confirm conscientious objector status. There are places out there that will confirm your stance and hold onto handwritten documentation to validate your position. This has been a necessary in the past for many claiming c.o. status.:(

JAlli41
11-04-2008, 07:44 AM
Tell her that if it is wrong to kidnap other people in private life, than it would be wrong to kidnap in public life. The draft is the ultimate abuse of the state, it says that your bodies are owned by us, for us, and we will dispose of it as we want. To fight for America's noble lies would be like fighting for santa clause or the easter bunny. I never understand why people are so willing to arbitrarily say things like "we have the freest country in the world," followed by "yes i think we should have mandatory civil service."

Anti Federalist
11-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Tell her that SHE can go join up anytime she frigging wants.

YOU can choose to be a C.O. (come north to Wisconsin, we'll hide you in the basement here if necessary {like my forebears did with the slaves pre-civil war} and with jedi mind tricks we can keep the stormtroopers away).
;)

(Oh, and BTW the only "terrorists" that will possibly be "here" ...will be FROM the government. [Osama can't swim, because he grew up in a desert and is afraid of water... plus he's dead and al qaeda is a bunch of B.S.])

Good to see you back WR.

Jeremy
11-04-2008, 07:58 AM
There will be no draft unless the government completely takes over the internet first.

Pennsylvania
11-04-2008, 08:02 AM
There will be no draft unless the government completely takes over the internet first.

It just happened in Australia. They'll try it here too.

Jeremy
11-04-2008, 08:07 AM
It just happened in Australia. They'll try it here too.

Nope. The 13th Amendment and our will power will defeat any possibility of a draft.

Pennsylvania
11-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Nope. The 13th Amendment and our will power will defeat any possibility of a draft.

I wasn't specific enough. I meant them trying to nationalize the internet, which I believe congress may attempt at some point under the usual disguises of security or what have you.

tommyzDad
11-04-2008, 08:13 AM
Brings to mind that clip from "Johnny's Got His Gun":
Joe: When it comes my turn, will you want me to go?
Father: For democracy, any man would give his only begotten son. :mad:

Jeremy
11-04-2008, 08:17 AM
I wasn't specific enough. I meant them trying to nationalize the internet, which I believe congress may attempt at some point under the usual disguises of security or what have you.

well damn D:

Bill M DC
11-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Well IF they do re-institute the draft and you do get drafted. VFP and IVAW will be there for you when you either announce that you are a C.O. or war resister and provide support/assistance in subsequent litigation or seeking safe haven.

Nirvikalpa
11-04-2008, 09:03 AM
What an ugly, assinine thing for a parent to tell their child. Start now if you want to confirm conscientious objector status. There are places out there that will confirm your stance and hold onto handwritten documentation to validate your position. This has been a necessary in the past for many claiming c.o. status.:(

+1

Sounds like my dim-witted ex boyfriend's parents.

Unbelievable how people are falling for this terrorism bullshit.

itshappening
11-04-2008, 10:03 AM
you will be forced to join the Obama Youth, got to be a good citizen!!

RCA
11-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Tell her the government doesn't own you. If she says they do, then she's calling you a slave.

WRellim
11-04-2008, 10:56 AM

You could have your revenge...

Go buy a tan shirt, get an "Obama-Youth" armband, and then sing her this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdM8PDu6VMg) and make sure you do the Seig Heil salute at the end (heck from your avatar, you're about the right age, and even look like a proper "Aryan" youth leader).

She probably STILL wouldn't "get it" ...but the REAL meaning of that song is "F U old people!"

MRoCkEd
11-04-2008, 11:00 AM
A lot can be achieved in the name of fighting "terrorism."

TSA: Let me feel those titties or the terrorists have already won!

micahnelson
11-04-2008, 11:08 AM
When my son was born I vowed death to anyone who would take him from me, or from his desired goals. Conscription is nothing more than slavery, and has no place in a free society. Those who assist with a draft, or approve by silence, are traitors. There are so few things I say this about, but we all must have lines in the sand.

I stand by this, if there is a draft I will oppose it by any means necessary. Liberty Demands It.

hopeforamerica
11-04-2008, 11:30 AM
When my son was born I vowed death to anyone who would take him from me, or from his desired goals. Conscription is nothing more than slavery, and has no place in a free society. Those who assist with a draft, or approve by silence, are traitors. There are so few things I say this about, but we all must have lines in the sand.

I stand by this, if there is a draft I will oppose it by any means necessary. Liberty Demands It.

Awesome!

This Mom doesn't deserve an intelligent son like the OP. As a mother, I will never, NEVER, understand the statement she made to her son!

dr. hfn
11-04-2008, 11:47 AM
draft=slavery

Lucille
11-04-2008, 12:19 PM
My mom just told me that if a draft occurred once I turned 18, it would be worth it to stop the terrorists from coming here. Im 15 and she is telling me this:eek:

You can move out of the country with us and our sons. We'll spirit you away somewhere to protect you from being enslaved by the Obama war machine.

If we are going into war, then all of us go, not just some.
--Barack Obama (http://www.clipsandcomment.com/2008/09/11/transcript-servicenation-presidential-forum-at-columbia-university/)