PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR PROJECT: need grassroots input on writing a book

trey4sports
11-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Ive decided to write a book on all the issues of our Revolution.
Being 18 i figure somehow that would help the marketing of the book, who knows though ive never attempted a book but then again ive never been as passionate about anything as I am about this movement.

but i need some advice as well,

A. how hard is it to get published? granted, the content is essential but is it generally very tough to get some level of small-scale publishing runs done?

B. do i need a lot of money or do i simply "pitch" the draft to a publishing house and they decide to print?

C. what are some issues YOU the TRUE patriots of this movement want covered?

D. What are some reputable sources i can use for citations and evidence?

hotbrownsauce
11-04-2008, 12:25 AM
I spent several weeks and hours rooting through the old Paul websites and supporter websites in Dec-Jan 2008 and have a small collection on what I saved and wrote.

You might have a shot at selling a book. What I foresee as the biggest potential problem is pitching the book and writing it very well. Even so not every well written book is published. Sometimes too many books of a kind are published and the companies see it as not worth their time and effort.
It is possible to go to other companies and have them print the document in a book with out the backing of a publisher. Some of these can be found online. To my memory they weren't very cheap.

You need more time than money. (Time is money to some people.)

What do I want covered? Well I think if people from out of the movement read it you want them to think "Wow, these people are wonderful and I want to join!" so tell them the best stories of courage, help, records we broke, grassroots activism, originality, find and tell some heart warming stories of activists.

Be professional, people are more likely to help you. For instance not everyone will need to know what you think and details about you but a few wont hurt so you can be friendly. Be sure to have their complete acknowledgment that you can use what they say in your book and that you have a right to it not them.

Reputable sources, all and every news site! Dig and dig and dig through the Ron Paul websites and find stories you like. Then find them in news papers, books, or online if need be.

I'm no expert, just my take. If you want the info I got PM me it might be useful to you.

hotbrownsauce
11-04-2008, 12:49 AM
lewrockwell, alexjones, mises.org , peterschiff, jesseventura, aimeealen, markscabilia, youtube, ronpaulforums, cleonskousen, ronpaul, johnstossel, carlmarx (marxisim), edwardgriffin, carrollquigley, antiwar, meetup.com, people in other countries that supported paul, rallyfortherepublic speakers, revolutionmarch speakers, aaronrusso, chuckbaldwin, other candidates, fff.org, trevorlyman, blimp, November5, bostonteaparty, conference with bob barr ralph nader chuck baldwin cynthia mckinney, naomi wolf, kenysnyder, campaignforliberty, billmaher, wolfblitzer, bikeing across the country for paul, walking, painting the town ron, bilboardsigns, googlemaps signs and for airplanes to see, jimcramer, e-mail bombs, winning postdebates, conquering youtube, digg, tuckercarlson, vforvendetta, thephrase "rLOVEution", liv films, glenn beck, freedom to fascism(related to aaron russo), judge andrew napolitano, jack cafferity, johnbirchsociety, and much much more

hotbrownsauce
11-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Oh yeah, I just remembered you live in Missouri also and go to college here.

trey4sports
11-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Oh yeah, I just remembered you live in Missouri also and go to college here.

are you from the show-me state as well

hotbrownsauce
11-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I'm the guy who joined your group thing. I live in west county