PDA

View Full Version : Who's the person who smoked weed in the voting booth

hotbrownsauce
11-03-2008, 10:31 PM
I heard a story about a guy that years ago smoked weed in the voting booth to prove a point in the law that no one can mess with you while your voting.

What is that persons name? I was told it was Abbie Hoffman by the person who told me the story but I can't find any information by searching Abbie Hoffman or by searching with the details with out the name Abbie Hoffman.

Thanks =)

Kludge
11-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Errr... Abbie Hoffman of the Chicago Seven (Eight)? I thought he died years ago...

hotbrownsauce
11-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Yeah, that is the person I was told that did it. Maybe the person who told me was mistaken? They said it was years ago... like maybe 60's or 70's.

Abbie died in 1989 after taking several pills and overdosed. Suicide.

UnReconstructed
11-03-2008, 10:44 PM
I think you should try it tomorrow

utube

Nate K
11-03-2008, 11:04 PM
wouldn't you just get arrested as soon as you come out?

Sidewindor
11-03-2008, 11:09 PM
I would imagine you would get arrested leaving the booth.

Micah Dardar
11-03-2008, 11:11 PM

Not if you eat the roach.

kathy88
11-04-2008, 05:26 AM
Not if you eat the roach.

lmao

speciallyblend
11-04-2008, 05:33 AM
well in colorado you can carry an ounce and if caught it is a 100 dollar fine cheaper then a speeding ticket. now i wouldn't puff in the voting booth,but i sure as hell would stink it up with some nice buds in my pocket ,mmmmmmmmmmm whats that smell, can you smell that smell mmmmmmm nice buds:) I LOVE COLORADO

parke
11-04-2008, 08:03 AM
That gives me an idea!!! ;)

parke
11-04-2008, 08:06 AM
well in colorado you can carry an ounce and if caught it is a 100 dollar fine cheaper then a speeding ticket. now i wouldn't puff in the voting booth,but i sure as hell would stink it up with some nice buds in my pocket ,mmmmmmmmmmm whats that smell, can you smell that smell mmmmmmm nice buds:) I LOVE COLORADO

Ohio decriminalized in the 70's. If you are caught with 3 plants (growing) or under 101 gms its a $125 fine and loss of license for 6 months. Most cops just take it from you... or if you know the cop they just tell you to leave it at home. Ironically, the drug doesnt get you into trouble, but if you are caught with weed and papers or a pipe its drug abuse.. a felony. (who makes these retarded ass laws???)

zach
11-04-2008, 08:36 AM
You'll probably need the pot here in a few months.

And by you, I mean a whole bunch of people, including me. :p

mczerone
11-04-2008, 09:09 AM
You'll probably need the pot here in a few months.

And by you, I mean a whole bunch of people, including me. :p

In a few months there may be a massive drug court set up to prosecute even the smallest offenses at a Federal level - and then instead of prison you'll be forced to attend faith-based "rehab".

I hope for the sake of Freedom that it doesn't happen, but there seems to be a strong wind coming to blow us all into a single, Obama approved, mold.

The Lantern
11-04-2008, 09:24 AM
I heard a story about a guy that years ago smoked weed in the voting booth

Based upon some of the bozos I have seen elected there must have been a hell of a lot of people smoking weed in the voting booth.

Carole
11-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Yes you would get dragged out and arrested for smoking --PERIOD!! It does not even have to be marijuana, just a plain old cigarette would be breaking the law. :eek:

Carole
11-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Hilarious. :D:D:D

constitutional
11-04-2008, 09:31 AM
I heard a story about a guy that years ago smoked weed in the voting booth to prove a point in the law that no one can mess with you while your voting.

What is that persons name? I was told it was Abbie Hoffman by the person who told me the story but I can't find any information by searching Abbie Hoffman or by searching with the details with out the name Abbie Hoffman.

Thanks =)

Sorry, that was me. And I didn't mean to pollute air of my fellow patriots. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Smoking/smoking-030.gif

hotbrownsauce
11-04-2008, 03:10 PM
So no one knows??

Arklatex
11-04-2008, 03:49 PM
In Oregon not that long ago you could smoke a joint and drink a bottle of wine on the state capital steps and be completely legal.

Arklatex
11-04-2008, 03:50 PM
So no one knows??

I believe it was Ron Paul.

=)

mediahasyou
11-04-2008, 03:52 PM
I think you should try it tomorrow

utube

youtube or it didn't happen.

surf
11-04-2008, 05:18 PM
it was me. problem is, our booths are open and if they are full, you get sent to the dining room to vote (a retirement community is the polling place). the ladies in the dining room shared, so i don't think anyone got too upset about it.

Malakai
11-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Based upon some of the bozos I have seen elected there must have been a hell of a lot of people smoking weed in the voting booth.

I would argue you would see less douchebags in office, since I swear all the smartest people and professors I've met are the smokers.

Alky is for simple minds. Pot is for the deep ones =)

John of Des Moines
11-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Iowa's Constitution, Article II, Section 2 http://www.legis.state.ia.us/Constitution.html#a2s2 and under Illinois statutory law (IIRC) electors are privileged from arrest while going to and coming from any election except for treason, felony or breach of the peace. And I think most all states have similar protections. So if smoking a doobie isn't treason, a felony or breach of the peace in your state or locale it's not an arrestable offense while in the act of going to or coming from the polling place for the purposes of voting.

Aratus
11-05-2008, 09:56 AM
thought i'd be themed. right now marijuana is to be less criminal up here in the bay state. you will only get fined for having less than an ounce, likewise you also will not really have a record dog you... now