MsDoodahs
09-07-2007, 05:25 PM
In mere moments, supposedly.

MsDoodahs
09-07-2007, 05:30 PM
It's on. 202 for directv people.

Kuldebar
09-07-2007, 05:47 PM
A very nice interview with Scheuer in regards to OBL's most recent statement. Unfortunately there was a Bush Administration hack there as well trying to obfuscate things but a lot of truth came out into the open...

Scheuer actually <gasp> said that politicians lied about why America is the target of attacks. Idiot Blitzer acts shocked, and says, what do you mean, "lied"?

Scheuer has to explain the obvious about how we aren't being attacked because we are free and drink budweiser, etc.

But no RON PAUL mention! I was fuming over the omission, you'd think Blitzer would have brought up the 2008 Candidates at least..

Now get this, after this interview segment, who does CNN interview in a "rare on the bus interview"?

That goddamn actor! They interview him about OBL's comments and the GWOT! :mad:

Looking forward to the video clip circulating.

richard1984
09-07-2007, 05:51 PM
I saw some of that, too. It was pretty good.

And yeah, I wish people on television/radio were more passionate about Ron Paul (i.e., mentioned him more), but it's like its taboo or something.

I say f*ck that, though!!!

Kuldebar
09-07-2007, 05:55 PM
I can't believe the press FT is getting from MSM. WTF has the man actually done to get that kind of press?

angelatc
09-07-2007, 05:56 PM
I was reading ABC's report about what the new Bin Laden tape said, and reportedly Bin Laden said that America would need to embrace Islam to end his war.

That would seem to refute the contention that they are attacking us because we are there.

I don't disagree with the philosophy that they'd be perfectly fine if we left them alone, but that is bound to come up again. And again, and again...

angelatc
09-07-2007, 05:57 PM
I can't believe the press FT is getting from MSM. WTF has the man actually done to get that kind of press?

He has an agent instead of a PR guy. TV is all about entertainment, don't you know.

SWATH
09-07-2007, 05:57 PM
He was on Hannity and Colmes last night and on Brian and the Judge today. He just said that Bin Laden needs to killed immediatly and is probably in Pakistan or perhaps dead.

Bison
09-07-2007, 05:59 PM
I hope he is in Pakistan and dead.

Kuldebar
09-07-2007, 06:02 PM
He has an agent instead of a PR guy. TV is all about entertainment, don't you know.

LOL yeah, he has a big ass tour bus too.

But, really, asking him about OBL after the Scheuer interview ticks me off.

Paulitician
09-07-2007, 06:02 PM
We need to YouTube this. Anything that gives more clout to Ron Paul's positions, whether he's mentioned or not, is a plus. This needs to become the new "conventional wisdom."

scbissler
09-07-2007, 06:10 PM
I was reading ABC's report about what the new Bin Laden tape said, and reportedly Bin Laden said that America would need to embrace Islam to end his war.

That would seem to refute the contention that they are attacking us because we are there.

I don't disagree with the philosophy that they'd be perfectly fine if we left them alone, but that is bound to come up again. And again, and again...

In the interview Scheuer said that Islam tells its followers that when planning an attack to offer your enemies a warning and the chance to convert. Not as if OBL believes the US will, just following the script. The other guest said that there was not a direct threat in the video, but per Scheuer, the warning and conversion offer were the threat, and that it must be something big in the works. Don't like the sound of that but I have a lot of respect for Mr. Scheuer's analysis.

MsDoodahs
09-07-2007, 06:13 PM
So what do you guys think about Scheuer (sp, sorry) saying that OBL is doing what he's supposed to do according to his religion before another attack?

Kuldebar
09-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Ya, that other guest was representative from the Bush camp, former assistant director of the CIA or something.

He had the nerve to say getting Bin Laden is a priority for the Bush Administration. Wasn't Mike Scheuer's section disbanded and he resigned in protest? I'll have to check on that...

Kuldebar
09-07-2007, 06:17 PM
So what do you guys think about Scheuer (sp, sorry) saying that OBL is doing what he's supposed to do according to his religion before another attack?

I took a pause at that, but I suspect there may be some embellishment on OBL's part in refining his message. I think the rhetoric is getting more extreme, maybe Bin Laden is saying that now, but I don't think that was the original demand back in...1998(?)

At the end of the day, we need to stop recruiting foot soldiers for Bin Laden, take the wind out his sails and so on.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 06:18 PM
That guy really let me down by not mentioning Ron Paul

Kuldebar
09-07-2007, 06:20 PM
That guy really let me down by not mentioning Ron Paul

I think he wants to retain a professional neutrality, Joe.

I do think it's unbelievable that those talking gasbags who call themselves journalists are not connecting the dots between Scheuer, OBL's statement and Ron Paul position of Foreign Policy.

jj111
09-07-2007, 06:20 PM
I took a pause at that, but I suspect there may be some embellishment on OBL's part in refining his message. I think the rhetoric is getting more extreme, maybe Bin Laden is saying that now, but I don't think that was the original demand back in...1998(?)

At the end of the day, we need to stop recruiting foot soldiers for Bin Laden, take the wind out his sails and so on.

Will you please show me proof that Bin Laden is actually alive and that these videos are not fakes that include old footage taken five or more years ago?

scbissler
09-07-2007, 06:24 PM

It's a scary thought. Makes me more angry that we are in Iraq and not hunting down OBL. As for the political ramifications, I'm sure that if there is another attack, instead of finally listening to RP and Scheuer and others who have been correct all along about US foreign policy the sheeple will go running toward Giuliani and others who promise more bloodshed in the Middle East. Probably also tie it to Iran somehow. Happy days.:(

scbissler
09-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Will you please show me proof that Bin Laden is actually alive and that these videos are not fakes that include old footage taken five or more years ago?

I don't know Arabic, but the translation has him talking about Scheuer's book. If you are implying that someone faked the video, why would they mention that book?

Kuldebar
09-07-2007, 06:28 PM

I don't care if the head of the CIA wrote that statement and made that video as part of some black op. The statement itself is actually true in regards to how much of the world has been impacted in regard to our nation's foreign policy.

We may be surrounded by all types of lies, distortions, manipulations and half-truths, and indeed we are, but we can only apply our thinking minds to what we are aware of. This is the only way to apply rational thought upon the world around us.

If OBL is a "CIA construct" the truth of that will be self evident when and if it becomes known.

For the moment it's simply a rabbit hole that does not provide answers.

Personally, I choose to think on what I know at the moment and reserve judgment for things still unknown.

axiomata
09-07-2007, 06:36 PM
They are going to talk about Scheuer & bin Laden again on CNN after the commercial break.

TheConstitutionLives
09-07-2007, 06:45 PM
That was even better!

axiomata
09-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Oh man this is good.

My paraphrasing:

CNN: Would you in any way consider yourself as a bin Laden sympathizer?

Schueur: No, bin Laden knows that I lead the group in charge of killing him and if Clinton had any balls he would be dead.

He also mentions that 16 of the 18 candidates don't understand the issue. Personally I think it is good that he doesn't mention Paul by name. People can find out who those 2 are and he should stay out of politics as an unbiased source.

Good stuff. This needs to hit the youtube charts once it is released.

Kuldebar
09-07-2007, 06:47 PM
"Are you sympathetic to Osama Bin Laden?"

"So, Congressman Paul ... you’re basically saying that we should take our marching orders from al Qaeda?"

I see some similarities in the line of questioning here.

If you try to understand your enemy, you must be a sympathizer.

TheConstitutionLives
09-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Personally I think it is good that he doesn't mention Paul by name. People can find out who those 2 are and he should stay out of politics as an unbiased source.

I was just saying the same thing to my friend. I agree.

goldenequity
09-07-2007, 06:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZNfuIvtLos

axiomata
09-07-2007, 07:15 PM
I was just saying the same thing to my friend. I agree.
Oops. Spoke too soon. He mentioned them by name just now on a Larry King panel with a bunch of other OBL experts.

TheConstitutionLives
09-07-2007, 07:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZNfuIvtLos

You're a godsend. Thanks for posting.

axiomata
09-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Oops. Spoke too soon. He mentioned them by name just now on a Blitzer panel with a bunch of other OBL experts.
Paul Kruickshank is another good guy. Says Iraq War has helped OBL.

Kuldebar
09-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Butt-wipe Larry King doesn't ask a follow up to Mike Scheuer when Scheuer says there's only 2 candidates that aren't marching to al Qaeda's drum: Paul and that short Dem dude....

Larry goes "hmm" and asks a different question to another panel member.

Then there's like this CFR spokesman on the panel who's every answer cries out for the need of one world government. The guy looks like he's barely drinking age.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 07:23 PM
It's ok. The last debate was watched way more than any other debate and Dr. Paul hit several home runs on this subject. Those that saw him in that debate and saw Scheuer speak tonight, I'm sure are doing some thinking. They'll remember. I hope Dr. Paul gets a lot of invitations to appear on TV soon and he'll have the opportunity to drive it home.

Apparently, this might in fact happen. After the last debate, supposedly he is a hot ticket for media appearances. It's all good, folks.

1000-points-of-fright
09-07-2007, 07:23 PM

Depends on how you define embrace. Yes, it could mean convert or die. But it could also mean embrace in a brotherly way with acceptance, respect and goodwill.

It's hard to tell anymore. 15 years ago it may have meant the latter. But with Islam having being radicalized more and more for the cause, maybe he's succumbed to his own recruitment tool and now he is in the convert or die camp.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 07:26 PM
It could also be that this part of the translation is screwed up. It certainly would not be the first time.

Kuldebar
09-07-2007, 07:31 PM

Rhetoric does increase in intensity as time goes on during a conflict. I think what would have worked in 1998 as way of defusing the situation may not work as easily today because look how much the conflict has spread largely thanks to the policy-pricks in our own government.

There is also the question of translation and how things get spun by the media or those "analysts" with agendas.

Remember how President Ahmadinejad's word were translated to mean he wanted to kill all Israelis, when in fact that is NOT (http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article12790.htm)what he said?

Cowlesy
09-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Ron Paul & Michael Scheuer.

Ron Paul minutes 0:00 through 5:46
Michael Scheuer minutes 5:47 through conclusion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAt6Pf7jZjA

sickmint79
09-07-2007, 08:46 PM
zomg, where's the cnn vid. sounds much better than the fox one.