PDA

View Full Version : Popular vote will arise if Obama looses. A ploy?

Lord Xar
11-03-2008, 07:02 PM
So, if Obama looses -- will the masses screen injustice and demand --> as hoped that we change our electoral process?

Will this just be a way to bring about a "popular" vote to define presidential elections, and thus letting extremely populous leftists stats determine policy for all of america?

Just a thought

ItsTime
11-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Yup. If Obama loses with the majority of the vote we can kiss the EC bye bye

Jeremy
11-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Yup. If Obama loses with the majority of the vote we can kiss the EC bye bye

that would require an amendment to the constitution

MRoCkEd
11-03-2008, 07:05 PM
that would require an amendment to the constitution
LOL! good one!
the constitution... man you crack me up sometimes!

NEPA_Revolution
11-03-2008, 07:06 PM
I think either way that will happen, and this will give us the first chance to make a stand in state conventions and on a very local level.

Lovecraftian4Paul
11-03-2008, 07:08 PM
There would have been a push for popular vote elections for President if things had happened differently last time. Say Kerry had narrowly won Ohio. He would have won the election, while Bush would have lost with a slight edge in the popular vote, like in 2000.

I don't think Obama will lose though. He'll win with a pretty comfortable margin. On the issue itself, I think some reform of the electoral college is necessary, but it shouldn't be tossed out completely. The problem is that the Founders never saw the party system coming, and it has caused the electoral college to malfunction and not work like it was ever intended.