PDA

View Full Version : Huckster debate off but look whats on!!

Johnnybags
09-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Confounding Policy Critics, Ron Paul to Make Major Int. Address
Friday, September 07, 2007 - FreeMarketNews.com

News Analysis

Confounding critics who deride his international policy approach as naïve or simplistic, the prestigious Johns Hopkins Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) in Washington, D.C., has invited Ron Paul to make a keynote policy address on September 11.

Ron Paul will be speaking on “A Tradtional Non-Intervention Foreign Policy” – topic that has likely languished in most US international schools and think tanks in the modern era. Says one source close privy to the negotiations surrounding the invitation, “This school is engaged in a 20th century, interventionist, foreign policy approach. For them to invite him to make a major address like this shows how seriously his views are being taken by the educational establishment and by the political establishment in general,”

And he adds, “This election has come down to Ron Paul versus the rest of the Republican candidates. He has set the party on its ear, and anyone who thinks that he is a so-called fringe candidate at this point is not grasping reality."

The announcement reads as follows:

"A Traditional Non-Intervention Foreign Policy"
11 a.m. to Noon - Kenney Auditorium, Nitze Building
Ron Paul, Republican congressman and 2008 presidential candidate, will discuss this topic. For more information and to RSVP, contact cpfr@jhu.edu or 202.587.3237. Media who want to cover this event should register with Felisa Neuringer Klubes in the SAIS Communications Office at 202.663.5626 or fklubes@jhu.edu.

http://apps.sais-jhu.edu/insider/this_week_calendar.php#20070911

SAIS is one of the most prestigious American schools for international studies. The website describes the school as follows:

“The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) in Washington, D.C., is a leading graduate school of international affairs, educating students for professional careers in government, business, journalism, international law and non-profit organizations. Founded in 1943 by Paul Nitze and Christian Herter, SAIS has been a division of The Johns Hopkins University since 1950.”

=====

CNN Update ...

In other Ron Paul-appearance news, FMNN had reported recently Ron Paul had been approached about a CNN debate with Mike Huckabee, following the GOP debate fireworks.

http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=48507

However, that debate looks less likely now, as Ron Paul is on a West Coast swing, for personal reasons, and will not be available until Saturday or even Sunday at the earliest. “The ball is in CNN’s court at this point,” said one source close to the negotiations who sounded less certain now that Ron Paul and CNN would come to terms. “The farther away it gets from the debate, the less newsworthy a follow-up debate would be."

But the CNN debate is not the only media offer on the table. “Ron Paul is a hot media property right now,” says another source close to the campaign. “The campaign is fielding up to 50 media requests a day for Ron Paul – from local, regional and national media, including both liberal and conservative talk show hosts and program producers who would love to him on to speak on the Iraq war and other issues around which he’s defined his campaign.”

This source said that Ron Paul may be due a large profile in a Chicago paper, can appear on FoxTV in various forums and has his pick of regional and national radio “talk shows” on which to appear. (Hed Revise)

Shink
09-07-2007, 03:29 PM
I think it's a good thing that the Huck "debate" (I don't accept "knowledge&logic vs emotion and screams as falling under that term) is/is probably (?) off, in a way. This is really just some opportunism from Huckabee, and think how it'd be spun. It'd either be "Huckabee defeats Paul citing Honor in debate" or "today, a third tier and a second tier candidate traded words. On to Fred Thompson, who appears to...YES, it's confirmed!...be taking a shit!:D "

Stealth4
09-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I may take a long lunch next tuesday and go to that event. I heard its open to the public and free. I'd love to hear RP speak in person. I will call monday to find out if I really can attend.

wolv275
09-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Great news. we should do our best to help advertise his speech on 9/11. We should call/e-mail those MSM to show up and televise it.

Correction [ errr i dont know why i thought it was on 9/11, it seems it was today?]

Johnnybags
09-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Great news. we should do our best to help advertise his speech on 9/11. We should call/e-mail those MSM to show up and televise it.

A interventionist think tank wants a lesson, oh the AIPAC fellas are having a tizzy in the Hamptons this weekend.

american.swan
09-07-2007, 03:35 PM

CSPAN???

inibo
09-07-2007, 03:41 PM
I may take a long lunch next tuesday and go to that event. I heard its open to the public and free. I'd love to hear RP speak in person. I will call monday to find out if I really can attend.

Yes, free and open to the public. I spoke to Director of CPFR earlier today.

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16589

I'm taking a long lunch Tuesday as well. :) It'll be my first time hearing him speak live.

Johnnybags
09-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Ron Paul, Republican congressman and 2008 presidential candidate, will discuss this topic. For more information and to RSVP, contact cpfr@jhu.edu or 202.587.3237. Media who want to cover this event should register with Felisa Neuringer Klubes in the SAIS Communications Office at 202.663.5626 or fklubes@jhu.edu.

and fill the room. Shock and awe em with the biggest crowd they have seen to date.

Stealth4
09-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Yes, free and open to the public. I spoke to Director of CPFR earlier today.

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16589

I'm taking a long lunch Tuesday as well. :) It'll be my first time hearing him speak live.

Very nice - I left a message just in case.

See you there - do you have an RP pin? I have a few extra and I can bring one for you. My colleague (an RP supporter not on these forums) will likely also attend with me. Ill be wearing work, business attire, but I think a Ron Paul 2008 pin is appropriate.

spacebetween
09-07-2007, 04:14 PM
This is great!!!

BillyDkid
09-07-2007, 04:15 PM
wow, that's really cool.

Hurricane Bruiser
09-07-2007, 04:27 PM
That is awesome. A policy speech is a good way to explain a complex topic and I like the media requests the campaign is getting.

Shink
09-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Why is LewRockwell's blog saying the debate is on? http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/

This doesn't appear to be new information...conflicting reports...gah.

MsDoodahs
09-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Freedom ... is popular. :D

torchbearer
09-07-2007, 04:55 PM
But the CNN debate is not the only media offer on the table. “Ron Paul is a hot media property right now,” says another source close to the campaign. “The campaign is fielding up to 50 media requests a day for Ron Paul – from local, regional and national media, including both liberal and conservative talk show hosts and program producers who would love to him on to speak on the Iraq war and other issues around which he’s defined his campaign.”

This source said that Ron Paul may be due a large profile in a Chicago paper, can appear on FoxTV in various forums and has his pick of regional and national radio “talk shows” on which to appear. (Hed Revise)

Thanks to Fox News, Huckabee, and that great performance Dr. Paul had in the debates.... our freedom message is now 'hot media property". what happens when Dr. Paul finally breaks through the MSM blockade? What happens when this brushfires grows so big that the media, in their financial interest, have no choice but to have Ron Paul on... the only big loser would be Fox News... this presidential election cycle is exposing their bias to a lot of people. What would make them be so careless? Is the power that great? Have they been consumed by frodo's ring?

If Ron Paul is really getting this many request... perhaps the tide is about to turn..!

smtwngrl
09-07-2007, 04:55 PM
That is awesome. A policy speech is a good way to explain a complex topic and I like the media requests the campaign is getting.

Exactly. It's perfect. :)

quickmike
09-07-2007, 05:04 PM
This is awesome news!!!!

Things are just getting started it seems.

I sure hope he debates Fred though. If its possible, this would be best to happen sooner than later. Good way to make Thompson look stupid to the undecided voters.

quickmike
09-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Why is LewRockwell's blog saying the debate is on? http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/

This doesn't appear to be new information...conflicting reports...gah.

I love Lew dont get me wrong, but he puts crap out there all the time. I think hes hoping someone from the MSM will call him on it so he can call them on their hypocracy and THEIR misinfo.

Thats the only explanation I can think of. Lew is a smart guy, so I dont think he just happened to be wrong on so many facts. I think its intentionaly done sometimes.

quickmike
09-07-2007, 05:24 PM
I think it's a good thing that the Huck "debate" (I don't accept "knowledge&logic vs emotion and screams as falling under that term) is/is probably (?) off, in a way. This is really just some opportunism from Huckabee, and think how it'd be spun. It'd either be "Huckabee defeats Paul citing Honor in debate" or "today, a third tier and a second tier candidate traded words. On to Fred Thompson, who appears to...YES, it's confirmed!...be taking a shit!:D "

I can see the headline now "FREDS TURD STOLEN RIGHT OUT FROM UNDER HIM.............. SOLD ON EBAY FOR $20,000 DRIVEN BY A BIDDING WAR BETWEEN JAY LENO AND SEAN HANNITY"

Nefertiti
09-07-2007, 05:26 PM
I hope the media attention thing is for real...but even though I am a RP supporter I have to admit I tend to discount the Free Market News a bit because they tend to go overboard in their support to the point of exaggeration I think.

jj111
09-07-2007, 05:27 PM
No question that the debate the other night was a major milestone in the campaign. To me it was the most exciting day of the campaign so far. We are reaching a new level, close to a major breakout.

KingTheoden
09-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Ron Paul should decline this invitation for two reasons. First, CNN will surely tilt the debate heavily in Huckabee's favor. The media will certainly spin the debate as a Huckabee victory no matter how well Ron Paul performs. Second, this sets the precedent to have debates without all the candidates. Today it is Huckabee v. Paul, tomorrow it is a debate with the 'big four.' From that point onward, they will never include Ron Paul in a debate.

He does not need this exposure. He is on a roll as it is and there should be no heed paid to these media roadblocks.

NoxTwilight
09-07-2007, 05:49 PM
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=48557

Confounding critics who deride his international policy approach as naïve or simplistic, the prestigious Johns Hopkins Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) in Washington, D.C., has invited Ron Paul to make a keynote policy address on September 11.

Ron Paul will be speaking on “A Tradtional Non-Intervention Foreign Policy” – topic that has likely languished in most US international schools and think tanks in the modern era. Says one source close privy to the negotiations surrounding the invitation, “This school is engaged in a 20th century, interventionist, foreign policy approach. For them to invite him to make a major address like this shows how seriously his views are being taken by the educational establishment and by the political establishment in general.”

And he adds, “This election has come down to Ron Paul versus the rest of the Republican candidates. He has set the party on its ear, and anyone who thinks that he is a so-called fringe candidate at this point is not grasping reality."

The announcement reads as follows:

http://apps.sais-jhu.edu/insider/this_week_calendar.php#20070911

SAIS is one of the most prestigious American schools for international studies. The website describes the school as follows:

“The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) in Washington, D.C., is a leading graduate school of international affairs, educating students for professional careers in government, business, journalism, international law and non-profit organizations. Founded in 1943 by Paul Nitze and Christian Herter, SAIS has been a division of The Johns Hopkins University since 1950.”

IMHO this is awesome news and could well give Ron's Foreign Policy the support it needs for some of the Republicans who are having trouble going against the war.

Oh and digg it here: http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/Confounding_Policy_Critics_Ron_Paul_to_Make_Major_ Int_Address

Corydoras
09-07-2007, 05:50 PM
The SAIS is truly big time. Thinkers in foreign policy are taking him seriously.

What is so sickening about the MSM is how they treat RP like some kook who crawled out of the woodwork instead of the really serious thinker and doer that he is. Not every congressman, even ones who have been around more than 20 years, gets invited to speak at these things.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Who's going to be writing his speech? He must be writing it now lol

jpa
09-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Ron Paul writes most of his own speeches :-) Have you ever read his books?

Corydoras
09-07-2007, 06:13 PM
The SAIS is a venerable, influential academic institution that goes back to 1943. This is going to be no mere stump speech. These people expect serious substance. And with the great mind of Ron Paul they'll get it!

"A College of William & Mary study examined graduate international relations programs throughout the United States, interviewing over 1,000 professionals in the field, with the results subsequently published in the November/December 2005 issue of Foreign Policy (FP) magazine. One of study's questions asked: "What do you consider the top five terminal masters programs in international relations for students looking to pursue a policy career?" From the study, 65% of respondents named Johns Hopkins University-SAIS as being the top-ranked program"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_H._Nitze_School_of_Advanced_International_Stu dies

NoxTwilight
09-07-2007, 06:15 PM
I am just praying that someone will be allowed to tape it and put it on YouTube!!!!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Ron Paul writes most of his own speeches :-) Have you ever read his books?

nope. why?

MsDoodahs
09-07-2007, 06:18 PM
The SAIS is a venerable, influential academic institution that goes back to 1943. This is going to be no mere stump speech. These people expect serious substance. And with the great mind of Ron Paul they'll get it!

The invitation alone speaks volumes.

RP is getting a lot of respect - outside the idiotic MSM, of course.

NoxTwilight
09-07-2007, 06:19 PM
From what I can see on their site we should be able to get an audio of it after the fact. That will do but video would be sooo much better.

Lots of interesting stuff on this site - think I will be listening to some of them tonight.

madcat033
09-07-2007, 07:01 PM
god damnit, who submitted that to digg? PEOPLE YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR HEADLINES BETTER! That is the worst headline and summary.

First of all, you should have put

Ron Paul invited to give keynote policy address at John Hopkins

with the description

Confounding critics who deride his international policy approach as naïve or simplistic, the prestigious Johns Hopkins Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) in Washington, D.C., has invited Ron Paul to make a keynote policy address on September 11. "For them to invite him to make a major address like this shows how seriously his views are being taken by the educational establishment and by the political establishment in general."

WE NEED GOOD DIGG HEADLINES SO PEOPLE WILL DIGG / READ ARTICLES!

inibo
09-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Very nice - I left a message just in case.

See you there - do you have an RP pin? I have a few extra and I can bring one for you. My colleague (an RP supporter not on these forums) will likely also attend with me. Ill be wearing work, business attire, but I think a Ron Paul 2008 pin is appropriate.

I have a RP Button. I'll probably be wearing a gold tweed blazer. Look for a fellow with close cropped gray hair and beard.

Do you know anyone who can bring a decent camcorder? If I had the cash I'd spring for one myself, but I'm tapped out. This is going to be a one hour exposition of Ron Paul's foreign policy. It will be an invaluable resource for the campaign. It must be captured.

When I talked to the Bob Guttman he didn't say it explicitly, but the blurb on the site suggests that anyone who want to attend should contact them via e-mail or phone ahead of time.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 07:27 PM
I agree. We've got to get great footage of this. It will be VERY useful to us in the futute.

Corydoras
09-07-2007, 07:28 PM
the blurb on the site suggests that anyone who want to attend should contact them via e-mail or phone ahead of time.

Do it if you can, but please don't anybody stay away if they don't have the chance to RSVP. Organizers do it so they have an idea whether to move the event to a bigger hall in case it's mobbed, that's all.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 07:28 PM
god damnit, who submitted that to digg? PEOPLE YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR HEADLINES BETTER! That is the worst headline and summary.

First of all, you should have put

Ron Paul invited to give keynote policy address at John Hopkins

with the description

Confounding critics who deride his international policy approach as naïve or simplistic, the prestigious Johns Hopkins Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) in Washington, D.C., has invited Ron Paul to make a keynote policy address on September 11. "For them to invite him to make a major address like this shows how seriously his views are being taken by the educational establishment and by the political establishment in general."

WE NEED GOOD DIGG HEADLINES SO PEOPLE WILL DIGG / READ ARTICLES!

Well, setup a new one and we'll bury the old one.