PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's message spreading!

ArrestPoliticians
11-03-2008, 04:22 PM
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220546

This is a boxing forum that I post on. I did not post the original post here. Just an example of how Ron Paul's message is spreading, even though many of the posters here will vote for Obama.

If any of you post on the MarketWatch forums, you will also notice that that site is overrun with Ron Paul supporters/thinkers.

These are mainstream forums.

Most of the support for Ron Paul that I see online comes from Democrats. If it turns out that Ventura is our 2012 candidate, we had better be prepared to cut a huge chunk out of the Democrat base. They are ready for a real change too.

jkm1864
11-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Ive been on several sites and it seems like people are popping out of the wood work talking about the evils of the FED. I would have never seen this stuff before Ron Paul but now it seems like its coming out more and more.

DJ24966
11-03-2008, 05:31 PM
In WoW if you start a chat about election, every so often you will get some Paul supporters. I get a nice smile on my face when it happens.

Highland
11-03-2008, 05:33 PM
tis true....

brandon
11-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Yea, i post on a body building forum (forum.bodybuilding.com) and there are a ton of Paul supporters.

Paul seems to be pretty popular with the fighting/bodybuilding/powerlifting type of people. I havn't been able to figure out why. Of course he is also just popular on the internet in general/

JoshLowry
11-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Yea, i post on a body building forum (http://forum.bodybuilding.com) and there are a ton of Paul supporters.

Paul seems to be pretty popular with the fighting/bodybuilding/powerlifting type of people. I havn't been able to figure out why. Of course he is also just popular on the internet in general/

Could it be?
Joe Rogan an ex MMA fighter supported him.
and/or
Ron Paul thinks a government shouldn't tell you what you can or can not put in your own body? aka steroids or whatever supplement they choose...

dannno
11-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Most of the support for Ron Paul that I see online comes from Democrats. If it turns out that Ventura is our 2012 candidate, we had better be prepared to cut a huge chunk out of the Democrat base. They are ready for a real change too.

Now I've never voted for a Democrat in a Presidential election before, but it really aggrevates me when I see people on here completely trashing anybody to the left by demeaning them.. it's ridiculous.. I mean, I live in a very liberal area, and most of the Democrats I talked to were much more interested in Ron Paul than the Republicans.

dannno
11-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Ron Paul thinks a government shouldn't tell you what you can or can not put in your own body? aka steroids or whatever supplement they choose...

Couldn't the fighting associations and MLB, etc, still test for it?

JoshLowry
11-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Couldn't the fighting associations and MLB, etc, still test for it?

I would think the majority of weight lifters don't do it professionally.

Eric21ND
11-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Yea, i post on a body building forum (forum.bodybuilding.com) and there are a ton of Paul supporters.

Several reasons I think. Those groups are usually a young men demographic and very libertarian in mindset. They tend to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal and seldom find a home in either party. And McCain tried to ban the UFC back in the 90's, he almost buried the entire sport, but now its more popular than ever. People in the fighting community never forgot that and still have harsh words for him. Dr. Paul of course wouldn't have championed banning a sport, and probably be an ally fighting on our side to keep the government out of it.

dannno
11-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Several reasons I think. Those groups are usually a young men demographic and very libertarian in mindset. They tend to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal and seldom find a home in either party. And McCain tried to ban the UFC back in the 90's, he almost buried the entire sport, but now its more popular than ever. People in the fighting community never forgot that and still have harsh words for him. Dr. Paul of course wouldn't have championed banning a sport, and probably be an ally fighting on our side to keep the government out of it.

+1 for insight.

itshappening
11-03-2008, 06:27 PM
RE: Democrats, didnt Gary Johnson WIN two terms as Gov. in NM which is a democrat state.

He is the better bet for me

dannno
11-03-2008, 06:40 PM
RE: Democrats, didnt Gary Johnson WIN two terms as Gov. in NM which is a democrat state.

He is the better bet for me

I could really go for either at this point.