PDA

View Full Version : Im writing in Ron Paul

robertwerden
11-03-2008, 03:02 PM
I struggled, Bob, Chuck, Bob, Chuck.

I then asked my self who would not be a struggle to vote for and Ron Paul was the only answer.

I hope everyone will think about what im saying.

I know the vote wont be counted, but I will feel good when I do it.

fr33domfightr
11-03-2008, 03:11 PM
If I were you, I'd pick either Baldwin or Barr, so you're vote IS counted. I'm here in California, and since RP is a certified "write-in," Ron Paul will be getting my vote.

By voting for someone on the ballot, or a certified write-in, you'll be sending a message to the GOP about the direction they should be taking. By doing something else, how will they know what they should do? Maybe they'll think they should be EVEN MORE like democrats, and run their own version of Obama, yeck!!

FF

Elwar
11-03-2008, 03:15 PM
I too wrote in Ron Paul...my wife did too even though she almost fell for the "I'm so scared of Obama that I'm voting for McCain" ploy...

Spent $40 on my vote too considering we didn't realize that the absentee ballot has to BE THERE by tomorrow. Not just mailed by tomorrow.

Havax
11-03-2008, 03:19 PM
How is it that we know certified write-in votes are actually counted?

Also, you're only supporting the mass media and letting them win by not casting a vote that will be counted because it makes it seem like the liberty movement is that much smaller. We need to:

1) Make a statement with counted 3rd-party votes this year to show that we have some sort of chance the next election around. Get less people saying "I want to vote for so and so (Ron Paul) but he has no chance of winning.

2) Get full ballot access and better chances to get in the debates next election for the Libertarian party (maybe even the Constitution Party too)

Todd
11-03-2008, 03:20 PM

I then asked my self who would not be a struggle to vote for and Ron Paul was the only answer.

I don't blame anyone that does this. I'm just not certain that my state will actually count a write in. I'm also not certain he is a legitimate write in in Virginia

enjerth
11-03-2008, 03:21 PM
I too wrote in Ron Paul...my wife did too even though she almost fell for the "I'm so scared of Obama that I'm voting for McCain" ploy...

Spent $40 on my vote too considering we didn't realize that the absentee ballot has to BE THERE by tomorrow. Not just mailed by tomorrow.

I commend you on throwing away a $40 vote.

Mine won't cost me anything to throw away. :D

qh4dotcom
11-03-2008, 03:50 PM

If you want to write-in Ron Paul and feel good about it, why don't you do what I did. I wrote his name on the ballot...but not for President...I wrote him in for Florida State Representative District 106...I had to choose between voting for someone named Richard L. Steinberg or doing a write-in.

So now I can say I have voted for RP.

Don't forget that that the 2012 LP nominee and the 2012 CP nominee need your 2008 vote for automatic ballot access in the 2012 election...otherwise they will have to fight the courts and go through the burden of collecting signatures to get on the ballots...you think RP wants that to happen to the 2012 liberty candidates after the ballot access nightmares he himself went through back in 1988? Don't forget that he also discouraged you from writing in his name on the ballot.

fr33domfightr
11-03-2008, 04:53 PM
If you're not sure if your write-in vote will count, check with your Secretary Of State. They'll have a website which should provide the info. If you can't just write in anyone, then pick Baldwin or Barr.

FF

JohnJay
11-03-2008, 04:58 PM
I saw a sample Iowa ballot today - Obama is listed first,
and the write-in blanks are last.

I am writing in Ron Paul as well -
and my election eve decision is should I just leave the write-in for Vice-President blank ?

It won't count I'm pretty sure . . .
but ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do.

StateofTrance
11-03-2008, 05:54 PM
+++

Don't be a hypocrite by voting any 3rd party clown Ron Paul will be voting for..

Write in Ron-Paul.

Also, fuck you McCain.

slantedview
11-03-2008, 10:28 PM
screw bob. chuck is fine, but i too am writing in ron paul. he's been allowed as a write in for california so i'm doing it, if for no other reason, it's something i can be happy about having done for the rest of my life.

Roxi
11-03-2008, 10:49 PM
If you want to write-in Ron Paul and feel good about it, why don't you do what I did. I wrote his name on the ballot...but not for President...I wrote him in for Florida State Representative District 106...I had to choose between voting for someone named Richard L. Steinberg or doing a write-in.

So now I can say I have voted for RP.

Don't forget that that the 2012 LP nominee and the 2012 CP nominee need your 2008 vote for automatic ballot access in the 2012 election...otherwise they will have to fight the courts and go through the burden of collecting signatures to get on the ballots...you think RP wants that to happen to the 2012 liberty candidates after the ballot access nightmares he himself went through back in 1988? Don't forget that he also discouraged you from writing in his name on the ballot.

friggin genius.... if this doesn't convince you to vote 3rd party......

robert4rp08
11-03-2008, 11:09 PM

Why feed a biased system? Fight ballot access in the court. Stop playing by the rules of the 2-party system.

Cleaner44
11-03-2008, 11:15 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_76AfGbIzxyg/SQ_emfFYyWI/AAAAAAAAACc/Yq02-MuqUJE/s400/Ron+Paul+write+in.jpg

HELL YEAH!!!

Bruno
11-03-2008, 11:20 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_76AfGbIzxyg/SQ_emfFYyWI/AAAAAAAAACc/Yq02-MuqUJE/s400/Ron+Paul+write+in.jpg

HELL YEAH!!!

Post of the Day :D

Perry
11-04-2008, 02:12 AM
Another Ron Paul write in here. I didn't decide until just now. I was going to vote for Baldwin but I figure what the heck...if my vote isn't going to count then I might as well write "RON PAUL!" in big bold letters.