PDA

View Full Version : Make him pay

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 02:50 PM

Mr. White
09-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Edited to avoid confusion. Summation, I misread and made a foolish statement.

mannycp
calling him right now.

john_anderson_ii
Oh, and he said it was technologically possible to call in from a landline to a text poll. Can that be true?

Uh, no. Not unless your land line somehow supports the SMS protocol.

nayjevin
i know you can send a text message to a cell number from a website (but i'm not sure if you can send it to these catchall 'message WIN to x62222' numbers they use for these polls.)

i'm unaware of any way to send a text message from a landline. Voice over IP? I don't know enough to say.

John of Des Moines
09-07-2007, 02:54 PM
done

theblatanttruth
09-07-2007, 02:55 PM
I'd help you but your story contradicts itself. Get your stuff straight and I might work with ya.

What are you talking about? That doesn't contradict itself... I think you've misread or something.

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 02:55 PM

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 02:58 PM

LibertyEagle
I just called and left the jerk a message. I was very nice. We'll see if he calls me back.

Paulio
If Ron Paul people can vote in the text message poll with their landlines (which I am 99% sure you can't do), then the support for Ron Paul should show up on those scientific polls they do by calling people up on landline...

Mr. White
09-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Well color me stupid and embarassed. I did misread. Rather than save honor I'll correct the mistake. My apologies and I will be calling when my cell phone is charged.

slantedview
09-07-2007, 02:59 PM
you should have pointed out that SMS text can't be sent to numbers via land lines!

also, you should have pointed out that the polling system only accepts one vote per phone! of course, i'm sure the guy knows this.

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 03:07 PM

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 03:08 PM

john_anderson_ii
09-07-2007, 03:10 PM
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/wireless/verizon-wireless-enabling-sms-to-landline-phones-178152.php

The technology required to send SMS messages via land line is coming, but it's not here yet.

ThePieSwindler
09-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Well color me stupid and embarassed. I did misread. Rather than save honor I'll correct the mistake. My apologies and I will be calling when my cell phone is charged.

You're a better man than Mike Huckabee.

Paulio
09-07-2007, 03:12 PM
john anderson: I think you got it wrong, it's technology to send SMS to landline, not the otherway around.

speciallyblend
just called left a great message and let him know i didnt vote,i dont have a cell but our whole family is voting for RON PAUL ,and i let him know if the gop doesnt nominate Ron Paul,they dont have a chance in hell of winning the next election,point made nicely;) ugh dumbasses(didnt say that) oo and left a call back number;0 oops hehe i aint scared

jorger
lets call this douche bag.

catwoman
09-07-2007, 03:22 PM
EVERY Ron Paul supporter? I think not. I know that I only sent one text, from my phone. I did not use my son's even though I could have. I believe in following the rules, sort of like following the Constitution.

catwoman
09-07-2007, 03:29 PM
I sent him an e-mail.

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 03:47 PM

catwoman
09-07-2007, 03:53 PM
I just received an e-mail response back from Mr. Bird. He says "wrong person".

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 04:02 PM

catwoman
09-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Then call him. I know the phone number works.

Did the guy you talked to say his name was Thom Bird? If so, that's who I sent my e-mail to and the return e-mail came from Thom Bird. So either Thom Bird is not telling the truth or you spoke to someone else at that number.

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 04:28 PM

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 04:29 PM

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 04:31 PM

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure what you're talking about, catwoman. I called the number, got voicemail, but he said his name was Thom Bird. Why is it that you think the number is incorrect?

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 04:32 PM

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 04:33 PM

james1844
09-07-2007, 04:42 PM
All,

This is BAD idea. Harrassment by Ron Paul supporters only engenders more anamosity for our candidate. We don't need to be stooping to FOX's level here.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 04:45 PM
All,

This is BAD idea. Harrassment by Ron Paul supporters only engenders more anamosity for our candidate. We don't need to be stooping to FOX's level here.

Actually, I was quite professional. I fail to see what is wrong about a concerned citizen taking them to task for smearing a candidate with no substantiation behind their claims.

catwoman
09-07-2007, 04:50 PM
I sent an e-mail asking Mr. Bird to accept my apologies. I think that is appropriate. PLUS I was very nice and not accusatory in my original e-mail. I simply told him that it was my understanding that he had a conversation with a Ron Paul supporter in which he allegedly stated certain things. If you can't tell from my posts, I'm always nice. It's much easier to catch flies with honey than vinegar.

catwoman
09-07-2007, 04:50 PM
I just called the operator and asked if I had the right extension. She put me through and I got voicemail. It was the same voice I spoke to.

Did the voice mail have a name attached to it? Did the person say their name was Thom Bird?

edit: I just found your previous post. I didn't go backwards in this thread and catch it in time. Sorry, please accept my apologies.

james1844
09-07-2007, 04:53 PM
We should not be putting our efforts into this. What makes sense is the following

1) drumming up donations

2) joining the republican party

3) spreading the word

This is what the campaign has asked.

Has anyone from HQ asked you to call FOX news to complain?

Also, consider this, will calling FOX get more votes for Ron Paul? -- I doubt it.

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 04:54 PM

catwoman
09-07-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm not sure what you're talking about, catwoman. I called the number, got voicemail, but he said his name was Thom Bird. Why is it that you think the number is incorrect?

Oh, I don't question the phone number. I sent an e-mail to Thom Bird using the e-mail addy posted by Thunderbolt. I got a reply from Thom Bird. It simply said "wrong person".

Seems to me he was trying to say that he, Thom Bird, was not who Thunderbolt spoke to.

Here is my original e-mail addressed to Thom Bird:

Mr. Bird,

It is my understanding from a fellow Ron Paul supporter who recently spoke with you, that you feel supporters of Ron Paul were voting more than once in the recent text poll after the Republican debate. Now, certainly I cannot vouch for everyone but I know for a fact that I only voted one time even though I could have used another cell phone that was in my home. I believe in following the rules, just as Ron Paul believes in following the Constitution. So to say EVERY Ron Paul supporter voted more than once, if in fact you did say that, is completely untrue.

It is also my understanding that currently the technology to send a text message FROM a land line phone does not exist.

Here's to hoping that you have a great weekend!!

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 04:57 PM

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 04:57 PM
My guess would be he is lying and trying to deflect additional emails.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 04:58 PM
We should not be putting our efforts into this. What makes sense is the following

1) drumming up donations

3) spreading the word

Also, consider this, will calling FOX get more votes for Ron Paul? -- I doubt it.

No one is suggesting anyone put a lot of effort into this. I spent a whole 30 seconds calling.

catwoman
09-07-2007, 04:58 PM

1) drumming up donations

3) spreading the word

Hmmm, let's see:
1) Already working on that and have donated myself.
2) Already a Republican
3) Have attended numerous functions to spread the word, like Parades and sign wavings, plus putting out Liberty Cards on vehicles.

Yup, I'm doing my part. I simply want to let Fox News now that we are on to them. If you disagree that's cool, do what you are comfortable with. For instance, I didn't go into the Fred forums and post as I'm not comfortable with that.

catwoman
09-07-2007, 05:00 PM
My guess would be he is lying and trying to deflect additional emails.

Yes, I would agree with that now that we have confirmation from Thunderbolt that the gentleman actually said the name Thom Bird.

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 05:01 PM

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 05:02 PM
just called... a lot of obscenities were said... I ended it with.. "your network sucks, you fucking bitch. I hope you get hit by a bus" *click*

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 05:03 PM

catwoman
09-07-2007, 05:04 PM
I am guessing he is just ducking you. I assure you, I did speak to Thom Bird.

You can email him back, and say if that is the case, then great! If you did not say that to a supporter, then I am sure your station will be willing to issue a retraction for the misstatements made by Hannity and Colmes about Ron Paul supporters calling over and over because the text message system was set up so that only one person could call per number. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

That is the standard operating procedure for incorrect information that has been given out over the air, correct?

That's a great idea. Too bad I didn't think of it before I sent my letter of apology. At this point I think I'll leave it be. BUT I may go back later and do it later when he's not expecting it.

Thunderbolt

james1844
Once again. Harrassment is a BAD idea.

There are many creative, smart people here. Why are we stooping this level?

Lets stick to doing things that will get Ron Paul votes.

Best,

James

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Once again. Harrassment is a BAD idea.

There are many creative, smart people here. Why are we stooping this level?

Lets stick to doing things that will get Ron Paul votes.

Best,

James

As long as you don't make any direct threats, you'll be ok. I already made my point about the text-poll system being fraud proof, I just decided to leave a little extra for him lol

jj111
09-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Calling Fox News to show them we are pissed or on to them is counterproductive. If you really want to hurt Fox, complain to their advertisers and tell them you are boycotting. Otherwise, better use of your effort is in getting the word out to the masses about Ron.

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 05:11 PM

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 05:11 PM

catwoman
09-07-2007, 05:14 PM
I've contacted the media many times when they put out false or misleading information. Several times they've actually changed their story on air or in print. I see nothing wrong with doing that.

As you can see from the e-mail I posted earlier, which I sent to Mr. Bird, I was not threatening in anyway and even said, "if in fact you actually said it".

Bean
09-07-2007, 05:14 PM
What is with Fox News people and laughing at Ron Paul/his supporters?

How much lower can you get?:mad:

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 05:17 PM
What is with Fox News people and laughing at Ron Paul/his supporters?

How much lower can you get?:mad:

I bet they wouldn't laugh if I walked up in there with a shot gun.. just kidding heh :cool:

Bossobass
09-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Calling this guy is like calling a drug dealer and trying to convice him that selling drugs is bad and expecting him to agree and turn himself in.

Instead, I dialed a random number, got voicemail and left a message that...

"I'm forwarding a request to google Ron Paul. I did, and found it to be the most exciting thing I've experienced many years. Please forward this message, they'll be glad you did."

Bosso

Lord Xar
09-07-2007, 05:21 PM
I also donated fifty bucks today. Bought a bunch of DVDs for making copies and distributing. Posted on 22 websites. Convinced my mother-in-law to join a meetup group and I have only been up for two hours.

What DVD's are you making?

catwoman
09-07-2007, 05:25 PM

"I'm forwarding a request to google Ron Paul. I did, and found it to be the most exciting thing I've experienced many years. Please forward this message, they'll be glad you did."

Bosso

I like that idea.

Bean
09-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Calling this guy is like calling a drug dealer and trying to convice him that selling drugs is bad and expecting him to agree and turn himself in.

Bosso

Productive day then, eh?:D

Thunderbolt
09-07-2007, 05:33 PM

Revolution9
09-07-2007, 05:37 PM

1) drumming up donations

3) spreading the word

Fell free to disengage your autoblither circuits at any point.

Randy