PDA

View Full Version : I must do my part to SAVE the Constitution

Mani
11-03-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm getting an 13th hour pressure to do my part to save the greatest treasure in our country's history, the constitution.

Because if ONE of the candidates becomes president, it will be the final destruction of our cherished constitution. By voting 3rd party I would allow the destroyer to come into power and rip the constitution to threads. There would be no stopping him with the alignment of the senate, and the house, in his favor.

We've all heard the famous quote from 2001:

"...Generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties, says what the states can't do to you, says what the federal government can't do to you,but it doesn't say what the federal government or the state government must do on your behalf . . . because the civil rights movement became so court-focused, I think that there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalitions of power through which you bring about redistributive change."

No doubt, that is the scariest thing I've ever heard a politician say, let alone one who is on the verge of becoming President.

So if I decide to vote on principal and allow the man of "Change" to come in, and "FIX" the constitution according to his view, did I just contribute to it's destruction?

My friends and co-workers who have the belief are not McCain fans AT ALL. They all voted for Ron Paul in the primary and loved him. None of them can stand McCain. HOWEVER, they feel Obama is such a severe threat to the constitution, they must do whatever it takes to prevent him from gaining power, so he doesn't lit a flame and completely destroy the constitution.

They fear his 4 year presidency could do enough harm, where we could not recover. They feel once the government is involved in something, they don't let go. Once something is IN the constitution, it does not get removed. Allowing Obama to come to power, would be a tragic mistake. They tell me they would also vote 3rd party, but not when the stakes are so high, not when the constitution is at risk.

If I vote 3rd Party, am I sitting out the contest? Am I not defending the constitution? Am I allowing the great threat to rise and destroy our beloved constitution? Had I voted McCain could I have done my job to stop it?

I've been pretty firm about voting Barr or Baldwin, but this last barrage does make me feel guilty. Am I allowing Obama to come to power and tear up the constitution?

FindLiberty
11-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Vote 3rd party. Then there is always impeachment of the Constituion is trashed any more than it already has been. Obama might make it easy by moving too fast...

micahnelson
11-03-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm getting an 13th hour pressure to do my part to save the greatest treasure in our country's history, the constitution.

Because if ONE of the candidates becomes president, it will be the final destruction of our cherished constitution. By voting 3rd party I would allow the destroyer to come into power and rip the constitution to threads. There would be no stopping him with the alignment of the senate, and the house, in his favor.

We've all heard the famous quote from 2001:

"...Generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties, says what the states can't do to you, says what the federal government can't do to you,but it doesn't say what the federal government or the state government must do on your behalf . . . because the civil rights movement became so court-focused, I think that there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalitions of power through which you bring about redistributive change."

No doubt, that is the scariest thing I've ever heard a politician say, let alone one who is on the verge of becoming President.

So if I decide to vote on principal and allow the man of "Change" to come in, and "FIX" the constitution according to his view, did I just contribute to it's destruction?

My friends and co-workers who have the belief are not McCain fans AT ALL. They all voted for Ron Paul in the primary and loved him. None of them can stand McCain. HOWEVER, they feel Obama is such a severe threat to the constitution, they must do whatever it takes to prevent him from gaining power, so he doesn't lit a flame and completely destroy the constitution.

They fear his 4 year presidency could do enough harm, where we could not recover. They feel once the government is involved in something, they don't let go. Once something is IN the constitution, it does not get removed. Allowing Obama to come to power, would be a tragic mistake. They tell me they would also vote 3rd party, but not when the stakes are so high, not when the constitution is at risk.

If I vote 3rd Party, am I sitting out the contest? Am I not defending the constitution? Am I allowing the great threat to rise and destroy our beloved constitution? Had I voted McCain could I have done my job to stop it?

I've been pretty firm about voting Barr or Baldwin, but this last barrage does make me feel guilty. Am I allowing Obama to come to power and tear up the constitution?

If you vote for McCain, you support McCain. Your bumper sticker will say "Blame Me, I voted for McCain". When he gives speeches you will say to yourself, "I voted for this man." In political debates you will feel the need to remind people to vote for good candidates, but the hypocrisy will force the words to remain in your throat. The blood of the Iranian civilians will be on your hands, as well as the soldiers we lose in an effort to expand the American Empire. When you see the slim margins by which he was elected, you will think "How many were like me?"

If you vote for John McCain, you are a John McCain Supporter with no excuses, because you know full well who he is.

Mani
11-03-2008, 01:31 PM
If you vote for McCain, you support McCain. Your bumper sticker will say "Blame Me, I voted for McCain". When he gives speeches you will say to yourself, "I voted for this man." In political debates you will feel the need to remind people to vote for good candidates, but the hypocrisy will force the words to remain in your throat. The blood of the Iranian civilians will be on your hands, as well as the soldiers we lose in an effort to expand the American Empire. When you see the slim margins by which he was elected, you will think "How many were like me?"

If you vote for John McCain, you are a John McCain Supporter with no excuses, because you know full well who he is.

Shivers...

hopeforamerica
11-03-2008, 01:40 PM
The Constitution is already is shreds thanks to the Dems and the Reps!

ronpaulhawaii
11-03-2008, 01:43 PM
One url - www.votepact.org