PDA

View Full Version : Constitution Free Zone

m72mc
11-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Really big zone. Map below.

http://www.aclu.org/privacy/spying/areyoulivinginaconstitutionfreezone.html
Quote from page:
"Using data provided by the U.S. Census Bureau, the ACLU has determined that nearly 2/3 of the entire US population (197.4 million people) live within 100 miles of the US land and coastal borders.

The government is assuming extraordinary powers to stop and search individuals within this zone. This is not just about the border: This " Constitution-Free Zone" includes most of the nation's largest metropolitan areas."

MikeStanart
11-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Papers, please?

rancher89
11-03-2008, 12:59 PM
I know I shouldn't be surprised at anything these guys come up with, AND I've seen this already, it's just that I am so pissed off that they are getting away with it.

We have to keep getting the word out, this is just so wrong.

And then to have the balls to call it a "Constitution Free Zone."

polomertz
11-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks, but I already knew I lived in a "Constitution-Free Zone."

pahs1994
11-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks, but I already knew I lived in a "Constitution-Free Zone."

i love your avatar!

Matt Collins
11-03-2008, 02:55 PM
http://www.aclu.org/privacy/spying/cfz_map/Image-Map.gif

angelatc
11-06-2008, 08:41 AM
What sucks about this is that because the ACLU has it's name attached to the research, the minute this information is presented to a mainstream Republican they discard it.

politicsNproverbs
12-01-2008, 06:49 PM
That is one chilling map, thanks for posting, as I only heard of this within the past two days, and my ENTIRE STATE is in The Zone!

And I agree about the ACLU's "bad reputation" being attached to the info. At first I even wondered if the story was legit.

mediahasyou
12-01-2008, 06:59 PM
This map is incorrect. The orange should cover the continent.

politicsNproverbs
12-01-2008, 07:00 PM
This map is incorrect. The orange should cover the continent.

Ha. Indeed!

Matt Collins
12-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Well one thing the ALCU got wrong in their bit of an alarmism, is that they can only search you in this zone if they know you have crossed the border. In other words they can't just stop anyone, just someone who has recently crossed the border. But instead of just border crossing searches, they have now extended it to 100 miles from the coast or the border.

Cinderella
12-01-2008, 11:59 PM
The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and the name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void and ineffective for any purpose since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it; an unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed ... An unconstitutional law is void. - American Jurisprudence 2nd Edition, Volume 16, Section 178

The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and the name of law, is in reality no law,

Any law that is unconstitutional, even though it is passed as a law, looks like a law, and is enforced as a law.... really is not a law at all.

but is wholly void and ineffective for any purpose since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it;

The law is completely void from the day it was passed, not by the date a court decided it was unconstitutional.

an unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed ... An unconstitutional law is void. - American Jurisprudence 2nd Edition, Volume 16, Section 178

restating the obvious, that in legal contemplation, an unconstitutional law was never a real law... and it should be the same as if it were never passed at all.

****originally posted by torchbearer;)

Matt Collins
12-02-2008, 12:04 AM
Any law that is unconstitutional, even though it is passed as a law, looks like a law, and is enforced as a law.... really is not a law at all.
Who originally said this?

Cinderella
12-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Who originally said this?

i said at the bottom of my post it was torchbearer...i had asked him to explain his sig for me, so i just reposted his response

Kevin_Kennedy
12-02-2008, 12:38 AM
Well if it goes from Akron to Columbus then Canton is certainly in the Constitution Free Zone.

mport1
12-02-2008, 12:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRhRb6uMnDQ

Matt Collins
12-02-2008, 12:50 AM
i said at the bottom of my post it was torchbearer...i had asked him to explain his sig for me, so i just reposted his responseYeah but he was quoting someone from history, one of the Founders I think.

jkr
12-02-2008, 08:20 AM
is that the hi or low tide?

Cinderella
12-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah but he was quoting someone from history, one of the Founders I think.

ahhh that i dont know...i thought they were his words...

PaulineDisciple
12-02-2008, 02:59 PM
"The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and the name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void and ineffective for any purpose since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it; an unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed ... An unconstitutional law is void." - American Jurisprudence 2nd Edition, Volume 16, Section 178