PDA

View Full Version : The Day Before: Who are you rooting for?

Spider-Man
11-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Most of us won't be voting for them, but who do you want to see win?

ShowMeLiberty
11-03-2008, 09:57 AM
My prediction:

If Obama wins, stocks will go into freefall beginning on the 5th. The over $250,000 per year crowd will want to minimize their investment income by dumping stocks and moving into low (or no) interest means of preserving their wealth. You know, before it can get "spread around".

If McCain wins, the erratic, slow-motion train wreck of the economy that we've seen so far will continue for many months to come.

That said, I'm rooting for McCain so that I will have more time to stock up the necesseties. ;)

Spider-Man
11-03-2008, 10:05 AM
I'm rooting for McCain only because he's a much better bet for Supreme Ct. appointments, in my view. On all other issues, I think we're equally screwed.

Dary
11-03-2008, 10:12 AM
The Day Before: Who are you rooting for?

Whichever one is the worst.

heavenlyboy34
11-03-2008, 10:16 AM
C. none of the above. :p

Wendi
11-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Neither. This goes way beyond the fact that I won't vote for either of them. I am honestly afraid that either one, is going to finish the job of destroying this nation. If I could figure out which one is the "lesser of two evils," it might be possible to secretly root for one or the other. But... for the first time... I don't think there is a "lesser." They are both purely, simply, equally, evil. :(:mad::confused:

Pete
11-03-2008, 10:54 AM
I was asleep in 2004 and voted for Bush, but I can honestly say I don't think things could have been worse if Kerry were elected.

Funny, while I was in the middle of making this post I had a call from a live person pumping Obama. I told him that I saw both candidates as two sides of the same coin (bankrupting the government, foreign wars, decaying civil liberties) and he acknowledged that a lot of people felt that way! I also said that I was not going to be instrumental in providing a mandate to either one, and would be voting my conscience.

.Tom
11-03-2008, 03:51 PM
I honestly don't care who wins. I just hope whoever wins does a terrible job. :)

cheapseats
11-03-2008, 04:19 PM
If I could figure out which one is the "lesser of two evils," it might be possible to secretly root for one or the other. But... for the first time... I don't think there is a "lesser." They are both purely, simply, equally, evil. :(:mad::confused:

You know how people sometimes preface a remark, very often a statement of preference, with "All things being equal..."?

All things are almost never equal. Almost never. Laws of probability apply.

It is exceedingly unlikely that the McCain vs. Obama paradigm would strike anyone as EQUALLY evil, unless that were a party line ascribed to unthinkingly by affiliation.

cheapseats
11-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Whichever one is the worst.

I honestly don't care who wins. I just hope whoever wins does a terrible job. :)

THIS is principled patriotism?

mediahasyou
11-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Nobody.

The same person who wins every election: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0781453.html

RickyJ
11-03-2008, 04:46 PM
I do not see Chuck Baldwin's name up there. I am rooting and voting for him.

Theocrat
11-03-2008, 04:50 PM

I'm rooting for Dr. Chuck Baldwin, too. After I vote for him, I'm going home and enjoying some beers with a big smile and a clean conscience. :D

thehighwaymanq
11-03-2008, 04:51 PM
I WANT Baldwin/Nadar/Mckinney/Barr
I PREDICT Obama
I'd RATHER McCain

CurtisLow
11-03-2008, 04:53 PM

+1

Freedom 4 all
11-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Repubs need to sit out a round to exorcise neocon demons. Obama, therefore is the lesser of two evils.

pcosmar
11-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Not enough options.:confused:

I am rooting for the loser. Freedom loving Americans. They have no chance in this election.

But I root for them anyway.

nate895
11-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Well, between the two majors I am going to have to go with the most likely loser, McCain. Not only because I am afraid Obama will have us calling him "Comrade Barack" by 2012, but it is a lot more fun to root for an underdog.

The_Orlonater
11-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Bob Barr!:)

Eh,my hopes are kind of up.

Oh, well. I hope Obama wins so we can see his failed policies.

worl
11-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Baldwin & a tie between mccain & obama. Hopfully then a duel with double barrel shotguns at 2 paces to break the tie.

Dary
11-04-2008, 08:08 AM
THIS is principled patriotism?

I voted for Ron Paul.

Thanks for questioning my patriotism.