PDA

View Full Version : can't locate your child?

heavenlyboy34
11-03-2008, 12:29 AM
get a child locator! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGCv7RzEwR8&feature=related

Saw this commercial in passing, and it kinda freaked me out...makes me think that the NWO is softening people to the concept of "locators" so they'll accept RFID in a more docile fashion. :eek:

Kludge
11-03-2008, 12:31 AM
I need to get one of these for my senator!

Mini-Me
11-03-2008, 12:49 AM
That's exactly how it starts...locate your lost pets! Locate your children to save them from the pedophiles lurking on every street corner! Hey, maybe if you put a chip in yourself, the hospital can quickly locate your medical records in case of emergency! Hey, wouldn't it be convenient for your bank accounts and such to all be tied into one easy chip?!?

RFID chip implants, GPS locators, etc. will probably never be "forced." Instead, they will eventually become ubiquitous simply due to more and more people falling for them every time a new excuse comes up...and once they're prevalent enough, RFID chips with embedded bank/credit information could easily become the only accepted method of payment at major chains, etc...and it all goes further downhill from there.

Bruno
11-03-2008, 12:54 AM
That's exactly how it starts...locate your lost pets! Locate your children to save them from the pedophiles lurking on every street corner! Hey, maybe if you put a chip in yourself, the hospital can quickly locate your medical records in case of emergency! Hey, wouldn't it be convenient for your bank accounts and such to all be tied into one easy chip?!?

RFID chip implants, GPS locators, etc. will probably never be "forced." Instead, they will eventually become ubiquitous simply due to more and more people falling for them every time a new excuse comes up...and once they're prevalent enough, RFID chips with embedded bank/credit information could easily become the only accepted method of payment at major chains, etc...and it all goes further downhill from there.

That sums up my thoughts exactly.

Pauls' Revere
11-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Only we wont actually need to even be implanted. These things can and do operate while on your person. For example, on cards in your wallet.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=156811&highlight=rfid+blocking+wallet

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=156852&highlight=rfid+blocking+wallet

Wendi
11-03-2008, 08:35 AM
I have toyed with the idea of getting "home again" for my cat (she refuses to keep a collar on and I'd hate to lose her). But I see a very, very big difference between voluntarily paying a private company to put a rfid chip on an animal, and the government forcing people to get it in themselves...

That being said - the primary reason I have (thus far) decided against it is concern that any use of rfid chips for this purpose, softens the public image and will ultimately make it easier for the government to do exactly that. :eek:

On another note - regarding credit cards. You know those "convenience" things, that allow you to wave your card in front of the scanner instead of actually sliding it through the reader... that's RFID technology. If you have any type of "speed pass" or "quick pay" credit card, you're already carrying a chip.

heavenlyboy34
11-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Only we wont actually need to even be implanted. These things can and do operate while on your person. For example, on cards in your wallet.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=156811&highlight=rfid+blocking+wallet

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=156852&highlight=rfid+blocking+wallet

Would it be effective to just tape/wrap up the inside of my wallet? All that duct tape and tin foil would make my wallet ugly and clumsy in practice. :(

A. Havnes
11-11-2008, 09:59 AM

This is what psychology calls the Foot in the Door Effect, meaning that once you open your door to someone, you are less inclined to tell them "no".

Here's a good example. Say someone from the local Watchtower (Jehova's Witness) comes up to your door. They knock and out of politeness, you answer. Once you've done that, you're more inclined to hear them out, take whatever pamphlet they give you, and nicely hint at them that you're not interested. Naturally, they will ignore this and come back to your house later. Because you answered them before, you'll probably do it again. If their mission is successful, they'll have recruited you to their "church".

ShowMeLiberty
11-11-2008, 10:08 AM

That sums up my thoughts exactly.

Also.

I've been saying the same things for years now. Unfortunately, most people seem to think I'm being an alarmist by saying this. :(

Bruno
11-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Also.

I've been saying the same things for years now. Unfortunately, most people seem to think I'm being an alarmist by saying this. :(

About 20 years for me, when the techology was seemingly so far off it was unimaginable to most. Before debit cards were even popular. "No way, that will never happen!" :rolleyes:

BeFranklin
11-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Don't need RFID's.. That is what cell phones are for.

heavenlyboy34
11-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Don't need RFID's.. That is what cell phones are for.

"oh yes you do!," says NWO, "how will we be able to find you if you don't get the chip?" :eek:

Sandra
11-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Argument is lost on a clip or wristband to keep a constantly wandering child safe as opposed to adult use. The alternative are those horrible kid harnesses.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&rlz=1T4GGIH_enUS234US235&q=child+leash&revid=1936001169&sa=X&oi=revisions_inline&resnum=0&ct=broad-revision&cd=1