PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Invited to Address John Hopkins School of International Studies on 9/11/07

smtwngrl
09-07-2007, 02:20 PM
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=48557

Confounding Policy Critics, Ron Paul to Make Major Int. Address
Friday, September 07, 2007 - FreeMarketNews.com

News Analysis

Confounding critics who deride his international policy approach as naďve or simplistic, the prestigious Johns Hopkins Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) in Washington, D.C., has invited Ron Paul to make a keynote policy address on September 11.

Ron Paul will be speaking on “A Tradtional Non-Intervention Foreign Policy” – topic that has likely languished in most US international schools and think tanks in the modern era. Says one source close privy to the negotiations surrounding the invitation, “This school is engaged in a 20th century, interventionist, foreign policy approach. For them to invite him to make a major address like this shows how seriously his views are being taken by the educational establishment and by the political establishment in general,”

And he adds, “This election has come down to Ron Paul versus the rest of the Republican candidates. He has set the party on its ear, and anyone who thinks that he is a so-called fringe candidate at this point is not grasping reality."

The announcement reads as follows:

"A Traditional Non-Intervention Foreign Policy"
11 a.m. to Noon - Kenney Auditorium, Nitze Building
Ron Paul, Republican congressman and 2008 presidential candidate, will discuss this topic. For more information and to RSVP, contact cpfr@jhu.edu or 202.587.3237. Media who want to cover this event should register with Felisa Neuringer Klubes in the SAIS Communications Office at 202.663.5626 or fklubes@jhu.edu.

http://apps.sais-jhu.edu/insider/this_week_calendar.php#20070911

SAIS is one of the most prestigious American schools for international studies. The website describes the school as follows:

“The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) in Washington, D.C., is a leading graduate school of international affairs, educating students for professional careers in government, business, journalism, international law and non-profit organizations. Founded in 1943 by Paul Nitze and Christian Herter, SAIS has been a division of The Johns Hopkins University since 1950.”

=====

CNN Update ...

In other Ron Paul-appearance news, FMNN had reported recently Ron Paul had been approached about a CNN debate with Mike Huckabee, following the GOP debate fireworks.

http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=48507

However, that debate looks less likely now, as Ron Paul is on a West Coast swing, for personal reasons, and will not be available until Saturday or even Sunday at the earliest. “The ball is in CNN’s court at this point,” said one source close to the negotiations who sounded less certain now that Ron Paul and CNN would come to terms. “The farther away it gets from the debate, the less newsworthy a follow-up debate would be."

But the CNN debate is not the only media offer on the table. “Ron Paul is a hot media property right now,” says another source close to the campaign. “The campaign is fielding up to 50 media requests a day for Ron Paul – from local, regional and national media, including both liberal and conservative talk show hosts and program producers who would love to him on to speak on the Iraq war and other issues around which he’s defined his campaign.”

This source said that Ron Paul may be due a large profile in a Chicago paper, can appear on FoxTV in various forums and has his pick of regional and national radio “talk shows” on which to appear. (Hed Revise)

Mr. White
09-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Holy Crop

Johns Hopkins is BIG TIME

smtwngrl
09-07-2007, 02:23 PM
This is great. :D

I especially like the part that says, "The campaign is fielding up to 50 media requests a day for Ron Paul--from local, regional and national media, includingboth liberal and conservative talk show hosts and program producers who would love to him on to speak on the Iraq war and other issues around which he’s defined his campaign.”

BIG_J
09-07-2007, 02:28 PM
This is great news!

Vvick727
09-07-2007, 02:30 PM
whoo, lets wake up and shake off the cobwebs of ignorance that have formed while the American public have been put to sleep

Shink
09-07-2007, 02:39 PM
We are tearing shit up.

FSP-Rebel
09-07-2007, 02:39 PM
This revelation of media attention is enough to put to rest any reservations that people have about RP not having the 'chance' to win.

BIG_J
09-07-2007, 02:42 PM
True that rebel. RP is kick'n ass and taking names this week.

Seriously;

WHO IS NEXT ! COME GET SOME!

BIG_J
09-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Liberty that is! :)

UCFGavin
09-07-2007, 02:53 PM
great news. more blowback for the pro-war :o

nullvalu
09-07-2007, 02:56 PM
booyah!

slantedview
09-07-2007, 02:57 PM
This is awesome, and that press release about the invite was very nice!

Phenom24
09-08-2007, 05:38 AM
Hey all - have you Googled the SAIS? Many profs are CFR. Founder was CFR. Current Dean is "former" CFR. Many that come out of there are CFR.

Hmmmmmm. Optimistic here, but it's a little eerie to me.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-08-2007, 05:40 AM
any media coverage? Will he get paid for this? Is this mainstream? Will we be able to watch it?

MsDoodahs
09-08-2007, 10:22 AM
bumping for those who have not yet heard about it!

Stealth4
09-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Yep,

Im taking the morning off work to go there. Anyone can go.

Questions? message me.

-Mark

0zzy
09-08-2007, 11:36 AM
I don't trust anything from FMN.

Nathan Hale
09-08-2007, 08:54 PM
I don't trust anything from FMN.

Agreed. They're the opposite of the MSM - instead of ignoring Paul, these guys are a step away from blowing him.

Still, if it's true it would be amazing.

Nathan Hale
09-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Somebody must record this and post it. Oh, and if you plan to record it, ask Johns Hopkins if it's okay to tap into their audio feed so the sound is of the best quality.

0zzy
09-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Agreed. They're the opposite of the MSM - instead of ignoring Paul, these guys are a step away from blowing him.

Still, if it's true it would be amazing.

Checked their website, it's true.

The Good Doctor
09-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Yeah. This is good news.

This is great. :D

I especially like the part that says, "The campaign is fielding up to 50 media requests a day for Ron Paul--from local, regional and national media, includingboth liberal and conservative talk show hosts and program producers who would love to him on to speak on the Iraq war and other issues around which he’s defined his campaign.”

inibo
09-10-2007, 04:09 PM
This might be a bit late to post this, but if you are planning on going you need to RSVP.

Center for Politics and Foreign Relations:
"A Traditional Non-Intervention Foreign Policy"
11 a.m. to Noon - Kenney Auditorium, Nitze Building
Ron Paul, Republican congressman and 2008 presidential candidate, will discuss this topic. For more information and to RSVP, contact cpfr@jhu.edu or 202.587.3237. Media who want to cover this event should register with Felisa Neuringer Klubes in the SAIS Communications Office at 202.663.5626 or fklubes@jhu.edu.

http://apps.sais-jhu.edu/insider/this_week_calendar.php#20070911

I don't know if there is going to be media coverage or not, but I spoke to Felisa Klubes today and she said as a matter of course they make an audio recording of these things and it will be available as a podcast on the JHU web site, if not the same day then the next.

An hour of Ron Paul speaking on foreign policy without preening media simps interrupting him every 30 seconds!

She also said they were trying to get Rudy, Mitt and Fredo to come and talk as well, but there were no firm plans yet.

dmitchell
09-11-2007, 12:23 AM
So this is definitely going forward?

Corydoras
09-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Hey all - have you Googled the SAIS? Many profs are CFR. Founder was CFR. Current Dean is "former" CFR. Many that come out of there are CFR.

Hmmmmmm. Optimistic here, but it's a little eerie to me.

Yes, THIS is the REAL belly of the beast, not O'Reilly.
I think they just want to get a good solid look at him and how he thinks.

Jonah in the whale, Daniel in the lions' den, the three youths in the fire...
they all got out okay.

Nathan Hale
09-11-2007, 07:44 AM
I think he'll have an easier time then on O'Reilly, "belly of the beast" or not.

quickmike
09-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Seriously, It would be smart for him not to eat anything or drink anything that hasnt been cleared for consumption when hes there. I wouldnt put anything past these CFR people.

He needs to start watching his back. Im not a conspiracy nut, but do you think its impossible for someone there to slowly poison him? Considering what the CFR is all about, would it really be that far a stretch for them to do something to someone they considered a threat to their destruction of our sovereignty? If it were me, I woudnt think it WOULD happen, just maybe a possibility I woudnt be willing to risk.

He should be careful.

MsDoodahs
09-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Anyone know if this will be available to view live? Archived after the fact somewhere?

maxmerkel
09-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Seriously, It would be smart for him not to eat anything or drink anything that hasnt been cleared for consumption when hes there. I wouldnt put anything past these CFR people.

LOL

"AP/AFP: after having given a speech on foreign policy to the packed audience of the John Hopkins School of International Studies Dr. Ron Paul was found dead on a sidewalk. Dr. Pauls Son claims that his Father felt very ill and vomited after having eaten a cookie offered to him by a Faculty member. The autopsy isn't oficial yet, but bystanders also claim they saw a Dark Van driving by shooting from at least 3 machine guns followed by 2 Peterbilt Trucks that drove over the bleeding Presidential Candidate. Police says they'll have to wait for the autopsy and don't want to jump on any conclusions - "after all the Dr. was 72 years old" one police officer said "maybe the stress and the candidacy were just too much for him"."

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 09:43 AM
She also said they were trying to get Rudy, Mitt and Fredo to come and talk as well, but there were no firm plans yet.

They shouldn't need much time. All they will say anyway is "911".

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 09:44 AM
That's not even funny, Max. Don't joke around about stuff like that, please.

maxmerkel
09-11-2007, 09:47 AM
That's not even funny, Max. Don't joke around about stuff like that, please.

i think your right, some congress members died recently didn't they ?

maxmerkel
09-11-2007, 10:04 AM
back to the Hopkins Shool of Advanced International Studies - was anyone there to record Dr. Pauls speech ? i'd love to see what he said and how this CFR audience reacted !

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 10:06 AM
It just ended about 5 minutes ago.

richard1984
09-11-2007, 10:10 AM
back to the Hopkins Shool of Advanced International Studies - was anyone there to record Dr. Pauls speech ? i'd love to see what he said and how this CFR audience reacted !

There's supposed to at least be an audio recording of it (to be posted on their website either today or tomorrow).

I don't remember where I read that now, though (I thought it was here: http://www.dailypaul.com/node/2016 , but I don't guess so--maybe it was on this site somewhere) .

maxmerkel
09-11-2007, 10:14 AM
ah, ok 11-12am.

as i understand the SAIS press release, Andrew Ward, White House correspondent of the Financial Times was there too, so maybe we'll see some coverage of the event / ron pauls foreign policy in the Financial Times ?!

MsDoodahs
09-11-2007, 10:16 AM
I was livid at the FT a month or so ago, they did a piece on which candidates own the internet ... and did not even MENTION Ron Paul.

It was insulting as hell IMO.

FT is controlled MSM just like all the rest.

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 10:21 AM
This is something one would think would be covered by CSPAN. After all, he is a Presidential candidate and this is a presentation at a prestigious organization. What do you want to bet they didn't cover it?

MsDoodahs
09-11-2007, 10:25 AM
I doubt they covered it.

Shows what kind of media CSPan really is, too, doesn't it?

wgadget
09-11-2007, 10:27 AM
There is supposed to be audio, which will suffice.

Send one to Bill O'Reilly while you're at it.

constituent
09-11-2007, 10:31 AM
I doubt they covered it.

Shows what kind of media CSPan really is, too, doesn't it?

yea, they've gotten real big on the disclaimerism lately...

'we would like to remind you that CSPAN is a PUBLIC SERVICE
provided to you by YOUR CABLE COMPANY.'

maxmerkel
09-11-2007, 10:43 AM
i just wrote the sais contact for this event and asked where i can find Dr. Pauls speech once it is released and if any media appeared to cover the event. i'll report back when i get an answer.

slantedview
09-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Definately post audio/video link whenever you come across it.

Bluedevil
09-11-2007, 11:01 AM
I just got back from the speech. The room was completely filled, mostly with students and others who it seemed didnt know much about him. He did incredibly well, a lot of hard questions were thrown at him but answered them all perfectly. He got a standing ovation at the end, I have been to a couple of other speeches there (Hagel, Kerry, etc) and never seen anything close to the applause he got. The two friends I knew there (one Republican, one Democrat) both said they are going to vote for him now. If that speech was on national televison, he would have converted an obscene number of people.

They were taping it, not sure where to find the video though.

MsDoodahs
09-11-2007, 11:05 AM
If that speech was on national televison, he would have converted an obscene number of people.

Which is why unless WE THE SUPPORTERS put some of Ron's speeches on Nat'l television, he will never BE on Nat'l television.

He WOULD convert an obscene number of people.

nyjohn
09-11-2007, 11:10 AM
I just got back from the speech. The room was completely filled, mostly with students and others who it seemed didnt know much about him. He did incredibly well, a lot of hard questions were thrown at him but answered them all perfectly. He got a standing ovation at the end, I have been to a couple of other speeches there (Hagel, Kerry, etc) and never seen anything close to the applause he got. The two friends I knew there (one Republican, one Democrat) both said they are going to vote for him now. If that speech was on national televison, he would have converted an obscene number of people.

can't wait to see it

SJohnsson
09-11-2007, 11:14 AM
I just got back from the event myself and it was pretty incredible. Room was near capacity with a lot of very smart people that understood his positions and asked tough questions. He answered all of them excellently. His best answer was in response to a young man saying how changing over to a gold standard would cause havoc. Dr. Paul simply stated that he wished to follow the constitution which only allows gold and silver as legal tender, however he understands switching from FR notes to gold would be chaos so he would just legalize it to be used as currency...and let competition do the rest. He even pointed at the guy and said if you want a currency that inflates 2-3% a year, you can have it. The guy was a little blown back.

SewrRatt
09-11-2007, 11:19 AM

Did you see any MSM there? Was the university taping it, or media?

SJohnsson
09-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Did you see any MSM there? Was the university taping it, or media?

There was one large tv camera in the back, i'm guessing it was the school's because it didn't have any MSM logos. There was media there, but i'm pretty sure no TV MSM. There were newspaper/blog journalists. Some individuals did tape it so i'm guessing it will be up on youtube. Don't get confused, this was not a large event, just a few hundred people

slantedview
09-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Awesome!!! I CAN'T WAIT to see this :)

Johnnybags
09-11-2007, 11:31 AM
He sure can draw the crowds, even if they are not real people.

slantedview
09-11-2007, 11:32 AM

LOL. Someone text messaged those people into the room... it was really just 1 person.

maxmerkel
09-11-2007, 11:33 AM
what all you guys say sounds awesome ! cant wait to see it too !

American
09-11-2007, 11:34 AM
WOW, we as supporters should be taping these things....Hide sight being 20/20 of course...;)

I hope this becomes available.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-11-2007, 11:39 AM

Al Gore may have invented the internet, but Ron Paul invented the VoterCloner™.

G-khan
09-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Al Gore may have invented the internet, but Ron Paul invented the VoterCloner™.

Al Gore invented it and Ron Paul owns it!

SJohnsson
09-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Now that i think about it, i'd put the number at 200-250 as an honest estimate.

SJohnsson
09-11-2007, 11:51 AM
But the best part about it was the true dialogue going on in the room which i haven't seen anything like before at a Ron Paul event. We're talking serious undergraduate and graduate students, along with professors, and even a representative from the mexican embassy were asking some tough questions. And all of them were conceding that our foreign policy definitely has unintended consequences, the question was where do we go from here.

hard@work
09-11-2007, 12:00 PM
I can't wait for these videos.

:)

Stealth4
09-11-2007, 12:18 PM
For sure one camera was for CNN (we asked), but no idea how its going to be used.

It looked like one RP supporter recorder the whole thing on a video camera, so I would guess that we will get the video that way if SAIS doesnt publish it, but I think its likely that SAIS will make it available. We just need a little patience.

Excellent speech and he was amazing at answering questions. Unlike most politicians he actually answered the questions he was asked.

Im glad I took off work to go.

Edit: I thanked Guttenberg personally for letting us attend. I suggest that those who attended thank SAIS for opening the event to the public and for having Dr. Paul. For sure thanking them wont hurt.

MsDoodahs
09-11-2007, 12:25 PM
I have to say, I'm so happy for those of you who were able to attend!

Ron is amazing, isn't he? Utterly and completely BRILLIANT.

I believe that he is the smartest candidate running.

Lord Xar
09-11-2007, 12:29 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.... If anybody knows anybody that can get me raw footage, or raw audio... ASAP!!! I am working on some homegrown/grassroots commercials and I need that asap to fit it in there. .......

Email me here: RONPAUL4AMERICA -- at -- gmail .com

again,

Ronpaul4america
@
gmail.com

SJohnsson
09-11-2007, 12:29 PM
I have to say, I'm so happy for those of you who were able to attend!

Ron is amazing, isn't he? Utterly and completely BRILLIANT.

I believe that he is the smartest candidate running.

easily, the man probably had ONE notecard just to run through the topics he wanted to discuss in order. And he talked for about 40 minutes. They also mentioned that they were having many of the other candidates speak there later in the year (i.e. Barack Obama, Mitt, etc.). I'd like to see how their speeches and audience support compares.

inibo
09-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Front row, got my Ames ad autographed. Envy me.

BTW, he really does wear black nikes :)

He did excellent. There was nothing in the speech that we haven't heard before, but you can rest assured it was stuff that they never heard before. He spoke for about 20-25 minutes and then took questions.

To me the two highpoints were during the question and answer part. I don't remember exactly what prompted it, but he got a chance to do discuss letters of marque. He made the point that if we had offered a billion dollars for OBL in the immediate aftermath of September 11th, we would have probably gotten him because we had pretty good intelligence on where he was and most of the world was rooting for us. Then he said "We would have saved a lot of lives and four hundred ninety nine billion dollars." Boooyah!

Eric, a local RP supporter, asked about the Federal Reserve and how it relates to foreign policy. Of course it was a softball question--for Ron Paul--but can you imagine Mitt, Rudy or Fred trying to take a swing at that one? Steeetrike! The upshot of that was a clear explanation of how having the ability to print money enables government to do things, e.g., welfare/warfare, they would never be able to do if they had to go directly to the taxpayers. He gave a little aside about how if there were no withholding from paychecks and instead people had to write a check each week to the IRS, "There would be a revolution."

There was a cameraman from CNN. I asked him if he knew about if and when it would be aired. He said he didn't know. He was just a stringer. I also asked if the video would be available. He said no. Basically, if it does happen to get broadcast by CNN its up to us to TVO it.

I thought I saw at least one other person with what looked to be a personal camcorder, but I didn't get to speak to them.

There is supposed to be a podcast from JHU on the SAIS website (http://www.sais-jhu.edu/index.html) either later today or tomorrow. I don't see it yet, but as soon as I do I'll post a link.

I also took a few pictures with my cheap little Vivitar snapshot camera. When I get home I'll post them.

Anyway, rest assured, he was at the top of his game.

maxmerkel
09-11-2007, 01:06 PM
conference coverage on ABC News http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/Decision2008/story?id=3586588&page=1!!

i don't know if its good, have to read it first ;)

---
ok, "neutral" i'd say, at least coverage

Stealth4
09-11-2007, 01:07 PM
News article out already mentioning the talk today

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/Decision2008/Story?id=3586588&page=1

madcat033
09-11-2007, 01:23 PM
News article out already mentioning the talk today

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/Decision2008/Story?id=3586588&page=1

Look what the article says:

"strict anti-abortion rights philosophy"

We need to get them to change that. That is not true. He is morally opposed to abortion, but he is not anti-abortion rights. I'm sure you all know his position. We need to tell them to correct that.

Phenom24
09-11-2007, 01:28 PM
And for the LOVE OF PETE will someone PLEASE upload it to STAGE 6 so we can DOWNLOAD IT AND WATCH IT later.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

(please forgive my caps I had to take percocet for my back and I don't know what day it is now)

murrayrothbard
09-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Look what the article says:

"strict anti-abortion rights philosophy"

We need to get them to change that. That is not true. He is morally opposed to abortion, but he is not anti-abortion rights. I'm sure you all know his position. We need to tell them to correct that.

Done by two commenters so far. Be sure to thank them for righting a real article and not a hit piece. ;)

jj111
09-11-2007, 01:37 PM
WOW, we as supporters should be taping these things....Hide sight being 20/20 of course...;)

I sometimes prefer hide sight to hindsight, depending on whose hide it is.

im_a_pepper
09-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Not a bad article at all, wish they had explained who the Committee he was speaking to was all about a little more though.

SewrRatt
09-11-2007, 01:41 PM
I sometimes prefer hide sight to hindsight, depending on whose hide it is.

I tend to agree but there are many hind men out there.

Phenom24
09-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Does anyone who attended the speech today know if the speech will be made available in any format for the public? Should I call SAIS?

Thanks

Stealth4
09-11-2007, 02:29 PM
I have asked SAIS about a public video of the speech. I will post back when I hear from them.

Phenom24
09-11-2007, 02:30 PM
Awesome - it would be great to put it up on Stage 6 because then we can download it and show it to other people.. This one sounds like it would be a home run.

Thanks

maxmerkel
09-11-2007, 02:32 PM
i asked too, but did not receive any answer yet.

but i think i did find the page where they will post the audio/video or whatever they did record when they finally got it released : http://www.sais-jhu.edu/centers/cpfr/conferences.html

ghemminger
09-11-2007, 02:32 PM
We are tearing shit up.

LOL said perfectly!!!

ghemminger
09-11-2007, 02:37 PM
But the best part about it was the true dialogue going on in the room which i haven't seen anything like before at a Ron Paul event. We're talking serious undergraduate and graduate students, along with professors, and even a representative from the mexican embassy were asking some tough questions. And all of them were conceding that our foreign policy definitely has unintended consequences, the question was where do we go from here.

Thank you for all your posts!:)

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Question:

Why in hell isn't the campaign doing a quality video of every, single one of these events? They are pure gold and the footage would be useful for commercials, YouTubes, etc.

I just do NOT understand why they are not doing this. It is very inexpensive to do.

nullvalu
09-11-2007, 02:57 PM
You can listen to the audio from the event here: http://www.sais-jhu.edu or download the mp3 from here: http://www.sais-jhu.edu/media/sept2007/ronpaul091107.mp3

im_a_pepper
09-11-2007, 02:58 PM
woohoo thx for link!

aghman
09-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Many thanks for the link to the audio, I've been looking forward to that all day :)

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Question:

Why in hell isn't the campaign doing a quality video of every, single one of these events? They are pure gold and the footage would be useful for commercials, YouTubes, etc.

They seem to have cameraman Bill with them everywhere, so they should have a ton of footage, but are hoarding it for unknown reasons. Did I hear a rumor that they are putting together a DVD? If so, that would be great if we can download and burn it ourselves.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-11-2007, 03:23 PM
They called him "a popular candidate!" :D

smtwngrl
09-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Thanks from me, too. :) I didn't dare to hope we would be able to hear it so quickly.

Regarding the ABC article, it's good that it wasn't a hit piece. However, the fact that there was no mention of where his speech was given was poor journalism--and, I'm sure, no accident. :p

Since I thought that information would add to the article, I posted the following comment. In doing so, I quoted a couple of those of you who were there. I hope that's O.K.. I didn't give names.

"I think it's interesting that there is no mention in this article of the venue in which the remarks were made. Namely, that Dr. Paul was invited to speak at John Hopkins University's School of Advanced International Studies.

"One attendee at his speech and the question/answer session afterwards, commented:'But the best part about it was the true dialogue going on in the room which i haven't seen anything like before at a Ron Paul event. We're talking serious undergraduate and graduate students, along with professors, and even a representative from the mexican embassy were asking some tough questions. And all of them were conceding that our foreign policy definitely has unintended consequences, the question was where do we go from here.'

"Another said:'I just got back from the speech. The room was completely filled, mostly with students and others who it seemed didnt know much about him. He did incredibly well, a lot of hard questions were thrown at him but answered them all perfectly. He got a standing ovation at the end, I have been to a couple of other speeches there (Hagel, Kerry, etc) and never seen anything close to the applause he got. The two friends I knew there (one Republican, one Democrat) both said they are going to vote for him now.'

Cowlesy
09-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Thanks from me, too. :) I didn't dare to hope we would be able to hear it so quickly.

Regarding the ABC article, it's good that it wasn't a hit piece. However, the fact that there was no mention of where his speech was given was poor journalism--and, I'm sure, no accident. :p

Since I thought that information would add to the article, I posted the following comment. In doing so, I quoted a couple of those of you who were there. I hope that's O.K.. I didn't give names.

"I think it's interesting that there is no mention in this article of the venue in which the remarks were made. Namely, that Dr. Paul was invited to speak at John Hopkins University's School of Advanced International Studies.

"One attendee at his speech and the question/answer session afterwards, commented:'But the best part about it was the true dialogue going on in the room which i haven't seen anything like before at a Ron Paul event. We're talking serious undergraduate and graduate students, along with professors, and even a representative from the mexican embassy were asking some tough questions. And all of them were conceding that our foreign policy definitely has unintended consequences, the question was where do we go from here.'

"Another said:'I just got back from the speech. The room was completely filled, mostly with students and others who it seemed didnt know much about him. He did incredibly well, a lot of hard questions were thrown at him but answered them all perfectly. He got a standing ovation at the end, I have been to a couple of other speeches there (Hagel, Kerry, etc) and never seen anything close to the applause he got. The two friends I knew there (one Republican, one Democrat) both said they are going to vote for him now.'

Sounds like the Campaign hit a homerun with this one!