PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting great congressional candidates for 2010

Shotdown1027
11-02-2008, 01:52 PM
We should ask one of our former Congress-critters to run for it, someone with name recognition. We have alot of untapped resources out there.

Just to name a few people who ARENT PERFECT but who supported Ron Paul this year and could be elected to AT LEAST Congress (maybe more). We should approach each of these people about running in 2010 or 2012 and make it clear that if they will adopt the four points of the CFL (which some might not) and join the Liberty Committee, we'll support them. I'm going to put up a list of states and name people in those state who could run for Congress, or (in the cases of small states like WY and NH where there is only one congressman) run for statewide office of some sort.

Remember, we dont have to find one in every state. If there is no one in Maine, they can help elect the guy from NH,get it? And also, we obviously arent going to be able to recruit everyone one of these guys--but we should TRY to contact each of them and maybe 2-3 of them will agree.

Alabama - Mark Thornton (Former Economic Advisor to the Governor and Senior fellow at Ludwig von Mises Institute)
Alaska - Former State Representative Dick Randolph, Former Gov. Walter Hickel (former member of the AIP), Billionaire Dave Cuddy, Former President of Alaska Right to Life Bob Bird, State Rep. John Coghill Jr, Former Lt. Gov. Jack Coghill
Arizona - Former Rep. Barry Goldwater Jr., State Senator Karen Johnson, State Rep. Vic Kohring,
Arkansas -
California - Allan Mansoor (former Mayor of Costa Mesa)
Colorado -
Connecticut - Peter Schiff, financial author
Delaware - State Rep. Colin Bonnini
Florida - Former Sen. Bob Smith (he used to be less pro-liberty, but has evolved during the Paul campaign and Bush Presidency)
Georgia -
Hawaii -
Idaho - State Rep. Phil Hart, State Rep. Steven Thayne, State Rep. Lenore Barrett, State Rep. Clifford Bayer,
Illinois - Former Rep. Paul Findley (endorsed Paul this year)
Indiana - Former Rep. John Hostettler (former member of the Liberty Committee, anti-war, conservative)
Iowa -
Kansas - State Rep. Clay Aurand
Kentucky - Rand Paul, Ron Paul's son
Louisiana -
Maine - Former State Representative R. Kenneth Lindell
Maryland - State Delegate Don Dwyer,
Massachusetts - State Senator Robert Hedlund
Michigan -
Minnesota -
Mississippi -
Missouri - State Rep. Jim Guest
Montana - State Reps: Roger Koopman, Rick Jore, Tom McGillvray, Diane Rice, and Jack Wells. State Senators: Aubyn Curtiss, Joel Balyeat, and Jerry O'Neil. Public Service Commissioner Brad Molnar.
Nebraska -
Nevada -
New Hampshire - Former State Rep. and Right to Life President Barbara Hagan, State Rep. Paul Ingbretson, Former State Rep. Tom Langlais, State Rep. Steve Vaillancourt, State Rep. Lars T. Christiansen, Charlotte Iserbyte (Former Senior Policy Advisor to the Dept of Ed), Lt. Colonel Karen Kwiatkowski, former State Rep. Don Gorman, former State Rep. Al Baldaroso, State Rep. Jason Bedrick, State Rep. Bea Francoeur,
New Jersey - Fox News Commentator and former NJ Superior Court Judge Andrew Napolitano, State Rep. Michael J. Doherty.
New Mexico - Former Gov. Gary Johnson
New York - Gary Hayes, former Mayor of Middleburgh,NY.
North Carolina -
North Dakota -
Ohio - State Rep. Tom Brinkman, Robert Owens (his name recognition is quite good now and he could run in whichever area polls best for him in the Attorney General's race).
Oklahoma: State Senator Randy Brogdon, State Reps Charles Key, Jason Murphey, and Porter Davis
Oregon: State Rep. Brian Boquist
Pennsylvania - Former State Rep. Porter Davis, Current State Reps: Charles Key, Sam Rohrer, and Jason Murphey. State Senator Mike Folmer.
Rhode Island -
South Carolina -
South Dakota -
Tennessee - State Senator Mae Beavers
Texas - Former Rep. Steve Stockman
Utah - State Rep. Curtis Oda
Vermont - former State Rep. Neil Randall, former State Senator Roger MacBride
Virginia -
Washington -
West Virginia -
Wisconsin -
Wyoming - State Senator Cale Case

If you live in a state where someone is listed,pelase try to contact them soon and give them some encouragement to run for Congress. Alaska, New Hampshire, Idaho, Montana, Pennsylvania, and Oklahoma.
Unfortunately, Montana, Alaska, and New Hampshire all have 1 (or 2) congressional seats.

Shotdown1027
11-02-2008, 01:54 PM
I wrotehis list while making calls for Lawson. =)

hopeforamerica
11-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Karen Johnson from AZ is rumored to be going for the Governor! That would be great for our state.

Shotdown1027
11-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Great! You should send her an email encouraging her to do so! Or if not that, that she should run for Congress!

Shotdown1027
11-02-2008, 03:09 PM
bump

Austin
11-02-2008, 03:33 PM
For Indiana, there was a fella by the name of Scott Wise that ran against 3rd District in the Republican Primary. He had very little exposure in the district, obviously due to the Republican Party being content with Mr. Souder. Still, he was able to get 23%. I see that as a quarter of the Republicans being dissatisfied with Souder. That 23%

I'm going start emailing him on specifics, and post the results in the Indiana sub-forum so we can have a vote on whether or not is he worthy of our support.

Shotdown1027
11-02-2008, 04:08 PM
I would sugges that anyone and everyone in Indiana call, email, or mail John Hostettler to run again. He's only 2 years removed, represented District 8 for ten years, voted against the war in Iraq, and was part of the Liberty Committee.

ronpaulhawaii
11-02-2008, 04:13 PM
A 5 star thread. Thanks :)

I look forward to having the time to add to this...

azminuteman
11-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Karen Johnson from AZ is rumored to be going for the Governor! That would be great for our state.

Get rid of Lazy Napolitano, hell yea.

Shotdown1027
11-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Haha, me too!

It's mostly just a copy/paste of a document i've had going for the past 2 years.

Imperial
11-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Bump this.

In a couple weeks, we need to identify a certain number of races to target whole-heartedly.

Shotdown1027
11-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Bump.

rsvforronpaul
11-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Amit Singh from Virginia's 8th district

Another BJ lawson...

He is young...worked as a software consultant...got inspired by Ron Paul and decided to run as a "Ron Paul Republican"...had a late start but ran a great campaign...he didnt have the ron paul supporters' help with fundraising. though..lost the primary to a neocon who ran a negative campaign against him...lost it 44-56...the dems won the general election anyway

Heard he is ready for 2010...with an early start and decent money...he'll win the nomination for sure...the district leans dem but he has a gr8 chance of winning it

tangent4ronpaul
11-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Bump this.

In a couple weeks, we need to identify a certain number of races to target whole-heartedly.

Lets look at that from the other direction - Who do we MOST want to get rid of?

-t

tangent4ronpaul
11-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Bump this.

Lets look at that from the other direction - Who do we MOST want to get rid of?

-t

Shotdown1027
11-20-2008, 11:15 PM
tangent,

We cant look at it that way. The worst congresscritters are heavily-entrenched incumbents, usually in very liberal or very big-business oriented districts. We must look at districts we can win...and then look at who we want to run where.

tangent4ronpaul
11-20-2008, 11:41 PM
tangent,

We cant look at it that way. The worst congresscritters are heavily-entrenched incumbents, usually in very liberal or very big-business oriented districts. We must look at districts we can win...and then look at who we want to run where.

Don't agree with you. If we picked a few of the WORST and threw the fund raising clout of the whole country into defeating them - if we got people from neighboring states to come in and be "boots on the ground" - put their record in front of their contingents with radio, full page newspaper and maybe even TV ads, robo-calls, billboards and direct mailings - we could get rid of them.

Our local incumbent didn't even bother campaigning - I bet most of them don't, or at least don't do much.

Top of my list would be:

Those that authored or sponsored legislation that striped civil rights.
The handful of gun grabbers
The speaker of the House
Maybe those in charge of a few choice committees

-t

Imperial
12-02-2008, 08:50 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/03/us/politics/03martinez.html?ref=us

Senator Martinez of Florida will be retiring in 2010...

OPEN SEAT IN FLORIDA!!!!

Bring out that Sen. Bob Smith?

newyearsrevolution08
12-02-2008, 09:06 PM
I too would love to get a list of all potential candidates. I might just make a database of them actually. That would make it easier to update, add and especially remove anyone who proves to be bunk.

I think we have plenty of potential candidates and even if they are not ready we can still get them into office. If anything, their lack of experience might actually prove beneficial versus letting a seasoned politician win yet again running unopposed.

Right now will be PRIME time to get republicans into office AND the gop will back us JUST to get more republicans in office due to the overwhelming democratic force that we are about to deal with.

Shotdown1027
12-02-2008, 10:33 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/03/us/politics/03martinez.html?ref=us

Senator Martinez of Florida will be retiring in 2010...

OPEN SEAT IN FLORIDA!!!!

Bring out that Sen. Bob Smith?

I'lll send him an email. He's run before though and got no support.

Imperial
12-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Jeb Bush, former governor of Florida, is considering throwing his hat in the ring too...

Nathan Hale
12-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Don't agree with you. If we picked a few of the WORST and threw the fund raising clout of the whole country into defeating them - if we got people from neighboring states to come in and be "boots on the ground" - put their record in front of their contingents with radio, full page newspaper and maybe even TV ads, robo-calls, billboards and direct mailings - we could get rid of them.

As usual, the truth is somewhere in between. In some cases it's good to target entrenched incumbents because they are cocky and ignorant, but it's also good to target districts where the GOP can win, especially when demographics suggest that an insurgent, socially-liberal candidate can win. Remember, 2010 is going to be the year when GOP primaries will be PACKED with candidates as each party within the GOP fights for control. We need to have a candidate among the pack in contested races - it will be 2010 that determines the balance of power in the GOP come 2012, so it's important that we organize now to get grassroots solidarity on the ground in as many important districts as possible come 2010.