PDA

View Full Version : Help me add to AOL's article against free markets!!

Athan
11-02-2008, 12:21 PM
http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/bbdp/why-america-needs-an-economic-strategy/234673

Porter says some good things... but to many bad things like government needs to intervene more. An example:

"With a strategy, we would stop counterproductive and expensive practices such as farm subsidies and spending earmarks.
Is such strategic thinking possible, given America's political system? It happens in other countries -- Denmark and South Korea are just two where I have participated in serious efforts by national leaders, both public and private, to come together and chart a long-term plan. This almost never occurs in the U.S., except around single issues.
We will need some new structures to govern strategically. I served on the last public-private President's Commission on Industrial Competitiveness -- in 1983! This time we need one that is less politically motivated. Congress would benefit from a bipartisan joint planning group to coordinate an overall set of priorities. More up or down votes on comprehensive legislative programs are needed to allow a shift to a coherent set of policies and away from lots of separate bills.

So I suggest at least reading through some of it while skipping the shit that is blow hard babbling.

My response to him:

Christs, Mr. Porter have you NOT learned the lesson even after this collapse? We (the non-foolish portion of Americans) are listening to those whom have been warning us about this collapse. Do do otherwise is the very definition of insanity. Its amazing AOL is publishing this article as a serious economic guide for Americans. Here is a better one:

What to do:

1.RECOGNIZE WHAT GOT US HERE. Government intervention. The free market did NOT create this mess. We haven't had a genuine free market since 1913. There is a place for government in upholding contract law and preventing the abuse of public property such as enviornmental polution and destruction. However its growing intervention has broken the back this once very prosperous nation.

2. ALLOW THE INSOLVENT COMPANIES TO FAIL. They are insolvent for a reason. I suggest you read up on why. This will prevent the recession from becoming a great depression.

3. ABOLISH THE FEDERAL RESERVE WHICH IS THE INSTITUTION THAT CREATED THIS MESS. Everyone who has paying attention knows Greenspan fostered malinvestment with excessively low interest rates. We should do this by allowing competing currencies such as gold and silver to be used for business exchanges and purchases. The federal reserve is NOT taking care of the dollar and is on the path to creating severe stagflation. We need sound money. PERIOD.

4. End the corproate tax. America taxes corporations 35% which is one of the highest in the world. This leads to corporations LEAVING the United States to do business elswhere for more profit margins. It doesn't enrich the poor because it mostly funds ridiculous ventures such as the war in Iraq.

5. REDUCE SPENDING AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL. Local people are doing what they should and cutting back on spending. Our government however is failing to do tihs. Bring home toops in various regions such as South Korea, get rid of ridiculous agencies such as the ATF, FDA, Department of Education, and a litany of useless institutions that basically do the same thing as another agency so we can actually PAY back our debt and keep our credit standing as a nation excellent. We also need to phase out entitlements such as Social Security and Medicaid in a controlled manner instead of letting them bankrupt us and screw everybody all at once when they collapse.

6. End income taxes. Massachussets has the right idea this election year. Taxes only contributes to government largess which is basically misued taxpayer money to people that SHOULD NOT BE IN THE BUSINESS OF HANDLING YOUR MONEY BECAUSE OF THEIR NATURE OF ABUSING IT.

There are plenty of things we can do. We simply are listening to the people who CREATED THIS MESS. This needs to end.

Athan
11-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Oh blast.. we need to keep it short since they will cut you off.

bojo68
11-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Looks like you mighty have got to somebody that would like to think they're responsible, the page is gone.

emazur
11-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Tell everybody to just go to this site instead:
http://www.theadvocates.org/liberator/vol-13-num-17.html