PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Race Commences First Thing Wednesday Morning

New York For Paul
11-02-2008, 08:59 AM
RNC Chairmanship race will be up for grabs. We need a candidate for that.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11022008/tv/election_2008__tvs_greatest_soap_opera_136230.htm

Shotdown1027
11-02-2008, 12:05 PM
We should ask one of our former Congress-critters to run for it, someone with name recognition. We have alot of untapped resources out there.

Just to name a few people who ARENT PERFECT but who supported Ron Paul this year and could be elected to AT LEAST Congress. We should approach each of these people about running in 2010 or 2012 and make it clear that if they will adopt the four points of the CFL (which some might not) and join the Liberty Committee, we'll support them.

Charlotte Iserbyte (NH-R) Senior Policy Advisor to US Dept of Education
Lt. Colonel Karen Kwiatkowski (NH-?)
Former Sen. Bob Smith (NH-R, but now lives in Florida)
Former Rep. Bob Dornan (Southern CA-R)
Former Rep. Steve Stockman (TX-R, close to Ron Paul's District)
Former Rep. Mel Hancock (MO-R)
Former Rep. John Leboutillier (NY-R)
Former Rep. John Hostettler (IN-R)
Former Rep. Barry Goldwater Jr.
Former Governor Gary Johnson
State Rep. Tom Brinkman (OH-R)
Public Service Commisioner Brad Molnar (MT-R)

The ones furthest from our understanding from liberty are Bob Dornan and Bob Smith. Sen. Smith I speak to daily and he is coming around. I'v never spoken with Dornan, but both of these men are more pro-interventionist that we would like. Still, this doesnt preclude them from joining the Liberty Committee and helping us on other issues.

For a host of other people who should be contacted about possibly running for Congress, look to all of the current State Representatives and State Senators who endorsed Ron Paul or who are endorsed by the Republican Liberty Caucus.

Shotdown1027
11-02-2008, 12:10 PM
As for RNC--someone who is well-respected amongst the party elite must run for that job, im not sure we know anyone like that.

New York For Paul
11-02-2008, 03:02 PM
I know some of these guys. Dornan is retired, but ran for president in 1996 and is big on pro life issues.

He supports defense spending to be used as a deterrent and is quite mindful of what war sacrifices entail. He is extremely smart, has an amazing memory and knows defense issues very well.

He would not be one to rush to war in a stupid situation.

Steve Stockman has his heart in the right place. He was defeated by a very rich person who was recruited by the Bush machine. He shares that with Ron Paul.

Steve stockman is still young, humble, hard fighter hopefully willing to get back in the arena.

As much as we like Goldwater, I am not sure he would be up to the task.

Shotdown1027
11-02-2008, 03:14 PM
I am hoping to recruit Stockman and John Hostettler to both run again,for their old districts in 2010. Both would make GREAT Ron Paul Republicans.

Dornan, for his part, is not a neocon. He isnt quite a Ron Paul Republican--but is very smart, and would be on our side on most issues. Does anyone know how to contact him? Im in touch with Stockman and Hostettler.

nate895
11-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Dornan, for his part, is not a neocon. He isnt quite a Ron Paul Republican--but is very smart, and would be on our side on most issues. Does anyone know how to contact him? Im in touch with Stockman and Hostettler.

He is sometimes a guest host on the Savage Nation, and he at least used to have his own radio show. He can't win his old district back because its elections are controlled by illegals, and as far as the chairmanship goes, the RNC would never elect him to be chair.

New York For Paul
11-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Dornan lives in the Virginia area and still goes to Capitol Hill to lobby for pro life issues.

He is willing to still speak at conferences. He has a tremendous knowledge base that goes back to the sixties and beyond.

While is he enthusiastic for defense issues, he is probably not enthusiastic about war. He pays homage to many of the fallen soldiers. So he knows very well what the price of war is about.

Dornan doesn't like McCain according to some of the last youtube videos he put out.

I would like to see him speak out more on some issues.

Shotdown1027
11-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Dornan probably doesnt LIVE in DC. As recently as 2005 he almost jumped into the District 48 race in Southern CA. I suspect he still could. Someone should find out.

And yes, i know Dornan couldnt run for RNC and maybe not even is own seat (District 48), but he could pull a McClintock and run elsewhere.

My ideal crop of candidates is: John Hostettler in Indiana, Steve Stockman in Texas, and Tom Brinkman in Ohio.
these men could all win with just 100,000 a piece coming from us.

TastyWheat
11-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Has Pat Buchanan resided to stay out of GOP affairs forever? I think he's still pretty well respected and he's the kind of old-style conservative the GOP should emulate.

Matt Collins
11-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Has Pat Buchanan resided to stay out of GOP affairs forever? I think he's still pretty well respected and he's the kind of old-style conservative the GOP should emulate.He's also 70.

TastyWheat
11-05-2008, 05:52 PM
He's also 70.
They just tried to elect a 72-year-old president. I don't think they're age-biased.

dr. hfn
11-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Goldwater is a great candidate!

dr. hfn
11-05-2008, 06:32 PM
heres barry goldwaters email, email him and tell him to run!

Personal@BMGjr.com
Info@BMGjr.com