PDA

View Full Version : What would happen if we stopped voting?

hope7134
11-02-2008, 06:44 AM
What if no one ever voted? What if, no one ever went to the polls to vote? What would happen to government? Would government not cease to exist? Is voting the tool that keeps free men/women from being free? Would the entire world be free if people just stopped electing or selecting leaders? And instead just went about living their lives? Aren’t most people decent, respectful enough of others, that they don’t need governing? Why do we elect representatives, would chaos actually exist if we did elect them? Or as humans would we not simply figure out ways to work together and solve problems among ourselves? Would we not settle our own differences of opinions, as we do daily?
So what would happen if we never voted again?

Dr.3D
11-02-2008, 06:58 AM
They would simply elect themselves.

Truth Warrior
11-02-2008, 07:23 AM
I stopped! Nothing has happened since that time that would have altered nor changed the outcome of any race in politics by even one whit since I stopped.

Voting is irrelevant, insignificant and a sheer waste of time, energy and resources.

The microscopic count differences, relatively speaking, in the vote tallies of the candidates divided by 2 plus 1 are the only votes that decide elections. The others ALL merely cancel each other out and/or are superfluous.

No, the odds are astronomical against the fact that your vote is one of those very few significant ones.

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." -- Emma Goldman

LibertyEagle
11-02-2008, 07:34 AM

Yup.

hope7134
11-02-2008, 07:48 AM
So what if they elected themselves. You have to having a following to have power. So what if they elected themselves, what power would they have, over anyone or anything, if no one supported them by voting? Isn't the whole premise of voting, is to give someone power? What if we didn't give them power, because we didn't vote? What if as a nation we decided, no more voting?What if we just decided we were going to be free and not give power to anyone to represent us, as we are capable of representing ourselves in whatever dealings with other people?

Truth Warrior
11-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Effective corrective action is precluded, postponed and disabled indefinitely through the "illusion and delusion" of voter "control" and influence.<IMHO>

Without it the "system" would just be clearly shown as the corrupt evil sham, scam and racket that it truly is.

Dr.3D
11-02-2008, 08:08 AM
You have to having a following to have power.

But you see, they would have a following. They would have control of the military and that is where the real power comes from.

Saying you don't want to play the game only makes it so the other team walks away with the trophy.

nf7mate
11-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Many already have stopped voting. The less people that vote, the more power is given to those who do vote and always will, like me.

The argument that your one vote likely won't decide the race and therefore you shouldn't vote sounds silly to me. Sorry, you personally don't get to choose the president all by yourself. You do get a voice though - if you choose to use it.

Truth Warrior
11-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Many already have stopped voting. The less people that vote, the more power is given to those who do vote and always will, like me.

The argument that your one vote likely won't decide the race and therefore you shouldn't vote sounds silly to me. Sorry, you personally don't get to choose the president all by yourself. You do get a voice though - if you choose to use it. But I do get to choose NO president in YOUR tyrannical and corrupt Leviathan government Frankenstein monstrosities. ;)

nf7mate
11-02-2008, 08:34 AM
My uncle has a bumper sticker that says, "Don't vote, it only encourages them."

Truth Warrior
11-02-2008, 08:42 AM
My uncle has a bumper sticker that says, "Don't vote, it only encourages them." :cool:

I have one that says, "Don't blame me, I didn't vote for the bastards!". ;) :D

mediahasyou
11-02-2008, 01:24 PM
The legitamacy of the system would collapse.

Why do you think they campaign to get out the vote? Tyrants need sheep.

Natalie
11-02-2008, 01:28 PM
My uncle has a bumper sticker that says, "Don't vote, it only encourages them."

rofl :)

pacelli
11-02-2008, 02:05 PM
You'd never know that NOBODY voted because the media would post the same fake statistics on their big screen studio TVs. You'd have no way of confirming independently that nobody voted, so the lie would become truth.

Truth Warrior
11-02-2008, 03:15 PM
You'd never know that NOBODY voted because the media would post the same fake statistics on their big screen studio TVs. You'd have no way of confirming independently that nobody voted, so the lie would become truth. Whatever Diebold says. ;) :p :rolleyes:

pacelli
11-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Whatever Diebold says. ;) :p :rolleyes:

Live free or Diebold (aka Premiere Election Solutions, Inc., name changed in 2007)!! :D

Truth Warrior
11-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Live free or Diebold (aka Premiere Election Solutions, Inc., name changed in 2007)!! :D Yeah, but then I couldn't use this anymore. :( ;)

Diebold Variations
http://homepage.mac.com/rcareaga/diebold/adworks.htm (http://homepage.mac.com/rcareaga/diebold/adworks.htm)

:D

sailor
11-02-2008, 04:34 PM
They`d make it compulsory of course.

hope7134
11-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Truth, such huge statements in so few words. I love it. I'm voting for Stewie from family guy, I'm sending that sicko to Washington with the rest of them.

Truth Warrior
11-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Truth, such huge statements in so few words. I love it. I'm voting for Stewie from family guy, I'm sending that sicko to Washington with the rest of them. I went to the Brevity School of Forum Posting, Got an "A". :D

mport1
11-02-2008, 07:27 PM

Yep, there was a case where literally nobody voted. The incumbents just took that to mean that they won. Searching for news story...

Anthony T
11-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Yep, there was a case where literally nobody voted. The incumbents just took that to mean that they won. Searching for news story...

Couldn't they just vote for themselves?

Truth Warrior
11-02-2008, 07:36 PM
2 hundred MILLION firearms in private hands in the USA. ;)

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson