PDA

View Full Version : Dismayed at Huckabee

AgentPaul001
09-07-2007, 01:37 PM

ctb619
09-07-2007, 01:40 PM
I don't understand why the Republican party doesn't realize that ALL THEY HAVE TO DO is nominate an Anti-War, Fiscal Conservative and they can win against Clinton.

The Republican hierarchy does not want to win the election if it means a weakening of the state.

Mort
09-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Huckabee's actions played right into Paul's hands. He had to admit to wanting to stay in Iraq for honor. The worst reason ever.

FSP-Rebel
09-07-2007, 01:42 PM
The Republican hierarchy does not want to win the election if it means a weakening of the state.
Hopefully, party members will see this.

Razmear
09-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Huckabee was right, the Republicans would rather loose the election than give up the war on terror. But it is not for "Honor" as he said, it is for profits.

Billions of dollars are being made off of this war, and those profiting only want the war to continue and care not which party is in office so long as the money keeps on rolling in. War is not about Honor anymore, its about money.

eb

Edit: I'm referring to the "Republican Party Elite" above, not True Republicans

AgentPaul001
09-07-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm not sure if the Republican party can survive. Ron Paul will win this election off the backs of the Independents and true Republicans.

I'm an Libertarian, but registering as a Republican just to vote for Ron Paul in the Primaries, a smart Republican party would realize this and promote a broadening of the base, not unfairly attack my canidate.

specsaregood
09-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Huckabee's actions played right into Paul's hands. He had to admit to wanting to stay in Iraq for honor. The worst reason ever.

There is a very good reason the media and fox cuts off just before the "saving face" closing remark. A VERY good reason for THEM.

catwoman
09-07-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm not sure if the Republican party can survive. Ron Paul will win this election off the backs of the Independents and true Republicans.

I'm an Libertarian, but registering as a Republican just to vote for Ron Paul in the Primaries, a smart Republican party would realize this and promote a broadening of the base, not unfairly attack my canidate.

Smart being the key word in your 2nd paragraph. Apparently that is not the case.

kpfareal
09-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Does anyone else feel as dismayed at Huckabee's actions as I do?

Up until the past couple weeks I considered Huckabee one of my "favorite" canidates left in the field. I absolutely refuse to vote for Guliani, Romney, and McCain. But Huckabee seemed like the most viable, "least offensive" candiate left. However over the last couple weeks I've seen his record on taxes called into question, but even worse he chose to attack Ron Paul in an utterly offensive manner.

I think this was a very poor decision by Huckabee, since before then the two men seemed to have a "decent" relationship (most of the second Tier would love to snatch some of Ron Paul's awesome base). Now he's simply angered the Ron Paul base enormously and throws himself into the "ultra pro-war" crowd which CAN'T WIN THIS ELECTION.

I don't understand why the Republican party doesn't realize that ALL THEY HAVE TO DO is nominate an Anti-War, Fiscal Conservative and they can win against Clinton.

On a plus note, I think Tancredo is still playing lovy-dovy with Paul. He's the last real canidate left, since Hunter has been falling pretty fast.

I agree. I was telling my wife before the debate (we watched it together, she doesn't really follow politics) that Huckabee was my #2 man behind Paul... Can't say that now. It looks like he sold out to the neo-cons...

belian78
09-07-2007, 01:52 PM
There is a very good reason the media and fox cuts off just before the "saving face" closing remark. A VERY good reason for THEM.

bullseye.

Qiu
09-07-2007, 01:54 PM

Up until the past couple weeks I considered Huckabee one of my "favorite" canidates left in the field. I absolutely refuse to vote for Guliani, Romney, and McCain. But Huckabee seemed like the most viable, "least offensive" candiate left. However over the last couple weeks I've seen his record on taxes called into question, but even worse he chose to attack Ron Paul in an utterly offensive manner.

I think this was a very poor decision by Huckabee, since before then the two men seemed to have a "decent" relationship (most of the second Tier would love to snatch some of Ron Paul's awesome base). Now he's simply angered the Ron Paul base enormously and throws himself into the "ultra pro-war" crowd which CAN'T WIN THIS ELECTION.

On a plus note, I think Tancredo is still playing lovy-dovy with Paul. He's the last real canidate left, since Hunter has been falling pretty fast.

You may want to take a look at how Huckabee is following Rudy's 9/11 act
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16295

Slugg
09-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Huckabee was right, the Republicans would rather loose the election than give up the war on terror. But it is not for "Honor" as he said, it is for profits.

BINGO!

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 02:03 PM

Not to a whole lot of the American people, it isn't.

A Swede
09-07-2007, 02:04 PM
If the Democrats win, the foreign policy will remain the same as under the NeoCons, they will continue stripping the American people of their liberties and building that Orwellian monstrosity of a government. The NeoCons would actually have a lot of their dirty work done for them if they would return four years later, especially concerning guns :cool:

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 02:05 PM

I know. That's why we have to really pour it on right now, to get his message out. We've got to win or place very high in the 1st few states. If it becomes more apparent that he indeed DOES have a chance to win, we might see a whole bunch of people joining us. We've got to move.

kickzman
09-07-2007, 02:43 PM

I think Huckabee just showed his true colors to us, I mean he has always been running w/ a Ron Paul disgiuse on, remember when he said Ron Paul "reminded him of himself" on colbert report. He is a fraud and this is what he truly is, a tool, worse a neocon tool.

Ron Paul Fan
09-07-2007, 02:52 PM
I will never vote for or support anyone who spouts off this "they attack us because of our freedoms" crap. Anyone who says that is either very naive or is more likely purposely midleading the American people. It seems like Huckbaee has now fallen into this trap. I mean, how can anyone distort the facts so much and get the nomination for one of the major parties? It has been stated in so many sources that they attack us because of our occupation on their holy lands, namely in 1. The 9/11 Commission Report by the CIA, 2. Michael Sheurer, bin Laden expert, and 3. Osama bin Laden and the Al Queda themselves! How can anyone deny this? I also used to think Huckabee was a decent alternative to the Rudy, Romney, or McCain, but now he's just like all the rest of them that we despise.

Bouhk
09-07-2007, 03:00 PM

You have to acknowledge that Huckabee made some very good points, but Ron Paul rebutted him with stronger points. Some people see it in the way that we pull out we'll lose are pride, but pride goeth before the fall and Ron Paul see this. Other people say. "all the Iraqis we put in power will all be slaughter" but they don't see that we will also collapse as a nation and then the Iraqis will be slaghtered even then. Its a war we should not have fought so politically correct, and that liberal fighting method has destroyed our economy...just like I knew liberal politics would. We need to just go in, destroy, and leave them in their ruin. Maybe then those radical leaders would think twice about their words and actions against the U.S. if they know that a loss will mean the end for them. We could dust Iran in just a month or two, but the gays and dope smokers of the liberal party say, "Don't hurt the enemy! Just talk to them and try and get them to stop shooting at you. Offer some dope and see if they will bow to the Baals or something. Try offering homosexual butt sex with them and see if they'll stop the war" --and all this liberal thinking is not how a man fights a war. Lets not allow homosexuals or flower smokers to dictate how a war must be fought.

War on Terror

Like the Roman Empire, our economy can't handle being spread thin across the world--and, if we do find in neseccary to fight Iran it should not be occupied after we clrush and destlroy them into tiny bit. No fixing them! If they want a war then they're going to have to clean up their own mess!
Ron Paul would definitely have to take protective messures for Israel's sake, even when he pulls out of Iraq. I agree that pulling out of Iraq is a must for the future of America and this is why: The neo-conservatives have duped a large percentage of conservatives to believe that all the Iraqi leaders we put there will be slaughtered...and they're right--but, what they don't see is that our economy will collapse and the Iraqis will still die!! Its kinda like that old punk song,

Should [we] stay or should [we] go now?
If [we] go there will be trouble.
If [we] stay there will be double.
So come on and let me know,
should [we] stay or should [we] go?

We're fighting an enemy that has no Rules of Engagement, no political correctness, and we are fighting an enemy worthy of comparing to Hannibal! Its the hit and run game and Hannibal terrified Rome with this...yes, "terrorism." If we continue to go the road we're going our economy will soon fall into a depression because we'll simply be bankrupt.

The difference between the Roman Empire and America is that when Rome conquered a country they called them Rome, and the citizens of the conquered country payed taxes to Rome. In America, however, we citizens payed taxes to Iraq for having conquered them...or did we? The Roman Empire lasted longer than America has even been a country. Rome stood for Money and Might, whereas, America has taken the Money and Might position to the extreme that Corporate American business thugs are grinding down the poor!!

We need to pull out of Iraq, true; but if a war must be fought with Iran we need to remain there and destroy Iran with the help of Britian. If a war with Iran must happen, and there is no possible peace talks that can desolve the threat of war, then its bomb them and leave them in their shit! Shoot'em up and leave them to their world. No rebuilding!!!

Revolution9
09-07-2007, 04:19 PM
You have to acknowledge that Huckabee made some very good points, but Ron Paul rebutted him with stronger points. Some people see it in the way that we pull out we'll lose are pride, but pride goeth before the fall and Ron Paul see this. Other people say. "all the Iraqis we put in power will all be slaughter" but they don't see that we will also collapse as a nation and then the Iraqis will be slaghtered even then. Its a war we should not have fought so politically correct, and that liberal fighting method has destroyed our economy...just like I knew liberal politics would. We need to just go in, destroy, and leave them in their ruin. Maybe then those radical leaders would think twice about their words and actions against the U.S. if they know that a loss will mean the end for them. We could dust Iran in just a month or two, but the gays and dope smokers of the liberal party say, "Don't hurt the enemy! Just talk to them and try and get them to stop shooting at you. Offer some dope and see if they will bow to the Baals or something. Try offering homosexual butt sex with them and see if they'll stop the war" --and all this liberal thinking is not how a man fights a war. Lets not allow homosexuals or flower smokers to dictate how a war must be fought.

War on Terror

Like the Roman Empire, our economy can't handle being spread thin across the world--and, if we do find in neseccary to fight Iran it should not be occupied after we clrush and destlroy them into tiny bit. No fixing them! If they want a war then they're going to have to clean up their own mess!
Ron Paul would definitely have to take protective messures for Israel's sake, even when he pulls out of Iraq. I agree that pulling out of Iraq is a must for the future of America and this is why: The neo-conservatives have duped a large percentage of conservatives to believe that all the Iraqi leaders we put there will be slaughtered...and they're right--but, what they don't see is that our economy will collapse and the Iraqis will still die!! Its kinda like that old punk song,

If [we] go there will be trouble.
If [we] stay there will be double.
So come on and let me know,
should [we] stay or should [we] go?

We're fighting an enemy that has no Rules of Engagement, no political correctness, and we are fighting an enemy worthy of comparing to Hannibal! Its the hit and run game and Hannibal terrified Rome with this...yes, "terrorism." If we continue to go the road we're going our economy will soon fall into a depression because we'll simply be bankrupt.

The difference between the Roman Empire and America is that when Rome conquered a country they called them Rome, and the citizens of the conquered country payed taxes to Rome. In America, however, we citizens payed taxes to Iraq for having conquered them...or did we? The Roman Empire lasted longer than America has even been a country. Rome stood for Money and Might, whereas, America has taken the Money and Might position to the extreme that Corporate American business thugs are grinding down the poor!!

We need to pull out of Iraq, true; but if a war must be fought with Iran we need to remain there and destroy Iran with the help of Britian. If a war with Iran must happen, and there is no possible peace talks that can desolve the threat of war, then its bomb them and leave them in their shit! Shoot'em up and leave them to their world. No rebuilding!!!

Well..aren't you looney fucking tunes! Smoke a hooter and chill pal. Better yet..take your mighty dose of testosteronated belligerence, unmitigated bluster and fume and lack of foresight and start a cult of slack jawed zinjanthropian throwbacks. With the near simian mindset ths chest thumping display on the biggest log puts you squarely at the top of the silverback heap. You will make a fine alpha simian for the betas to view in awe.

'Randy