PDA

View Full Version : Palin: unrgulated media threatens free speech

Matt Collins
11-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Yes, Palin inferred that an unregulated media could have chilling effects on free speech.... :rolleyes:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/31/palin-criticism-threatens_n_139729.html?ouch

tonesforjonesbones
11-01-2008, 03:37 PM
anything that comes from huffington post I consider trash. tones

MRoCkEd
11-01-2008, 03:38 PM
So free speech threatens free speech?

Freedom 4 all
11-01-2008, 03:40 PM
anything that comes from huffington post I consider trash. tones

Be that as it may, it's not like she didn't say it. I saw it on the news last night as well.

RSLudlum
11-01-2008, 03:41 PM
So free speech threatens free speech?

yes, the same way the "free market" threatens the free market. :rolleyes:

heavenlyboy34
11-01-2008, 03:42 PM
I never thought I would hear a national candidate more ignorant than Bush and McShame. I'll be danged-they went and found one, and now she's a wannabe VP! ~facepalm~ :eek::eek: OMFG!! WTF?!!

tonesforjonesbones
11-01-2008, 03:51 PM
i guess she meant there would have to be regulations to block the Fairness Doctrine..which the democrats fully intend to bring back. Now that what you should be worried about, not what Palin said..but what the democrats DO. tone s

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Once the fairness doctrine kicks in, I wonder how long after the collapse of talk radio it will be before the democrats would blame capitalism and say, "See, we let big talk radio run wild and it collapsed because the republicans wouldnt let us regulate it enough"

Freedom 4 all
11-01-2008, 05:49 PM
i guess she meant there would have to be regulations to block the Fairness Doctrine..which the democrats fully intend to bring back. Now that what you should be worried about, not what Palin said..but what the democrats DO. tone s

Stop schilling for McNeocon, that has nothing to do with what she was talking about and you know it.

sratiug
11-01-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm no fan of McCain/Palin, but she is dead right. Media corporations should be regulated by being banned. National corporations do not exist, only nearly totally unregulated state corporations. Why should an unregulated state corporation chartered in Delaware owned by the New World Order decide the news in Mississippi?

Matt Collins
11-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Media corporations should be regulated by being banned.You do realize that some of the largest media conglomerates are government granted monopolies. Specifically FOX, NBC, ABC, and CBS. They all have monopolies / a cartel on national broadcasting.

mediahasyou
11-01-2008, 06:34 PM
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/cheezeguy/n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Monolithic
11-01-2008, 06:34 PM
hey it's her being a moron again what a surprise

Mini-Me
11-01-2008, 07:32 PM
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/cheezeguy/n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

I can't decide if that looks tasty because of or despite the unnaturally creepy-looking mouth on it. ;)

heavenlyboy34
11-01-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm no fan of McCain/Palin, but she is dead right. Media corporations should be regulated by being banned. National corporations do not exist, only nearly totally unregulated state corporations. Why should an unregulated state corporation chartered in Delaware owned by the New World Order decide the news in Mississippi?

I don't see a need to ban them, assuming a laissez-faire attitude becomes prevalent. The crappy ones will just fail on their lack of merit because they would no longer be gov'ment backed. Die, Faux News/CNN, die!

123tim
11-02-2008, 07:10 AM

Sratiug,

I must say that I agree with a lot of what you've said.

I can't help but remember how the media used the power of "Free Speech" to totally skew this election.

Hasn't our media changed from one of thousands of small voices, with differing opinions, to four or five mega-corporations spewing the same rhetoric, all because of deregulation?
(This is an honest question - I think that it has, but maybe I'm wrong.)

nodope0695
11-02-2008, 07:14 AM
Isn't the point that media, especially the news media, should be unregulated? Wasn't there a day when the news was a watchdog of the government?

How things have changed. Regulation by its very nature would RESTRICT freedom of speech, and for Palin to infer that regulation would somehow protect freedom of speech is reflective of the dire circumstances in which we find ourselves.

If revolution is to come to this nation, the first thing that must be taken down, and restored to it's origonal intent, is the news media.

nodope0695
11-02-2008, 07:16 AM
You do realize that some of the largest media conglomerates are government granted monopolies. Specifically FOX, NBC, ABC, and CBS. They all have monopolies / a cartel on national broadcasting.

More like State News Agencies...PROPAGANDA MACHINES. Whores for the corporate elite and the morally bankrupt politicians.

Antonius Stone
11-02-2008, 07:46 AM
palin's a fucking moron

tell me something I don't know

JosephTheLibertarian
11-02-2008, 07:48 AM
We don't have an unregulated media, what in the world is Sarah talking about? So this is what she says when McCain's people unleash her? lol yikes, what a ditz!

tonesforjonesbones
11-02-2008, 08:07 AM
Palin is a ditz because huffington post and the daily kooks sez so. brilliant. Liberal loons on this forum make me itch. tones

The_Orlonater
11-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Palin is a ditz because huffington post and the daily kooks sez so. brilliant. Liberal loons on this forum make me itch. tones

I bet you don't know what a liberal is. Please, leave this forum.

tonesforjonesbones
11-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Well..liberals in 2008 are actually Marxist-leninists..and I am still a Liberty gal..you know one of those "clings to guns and religion" people. You remember, like the Founding Fathers and first american patriots? Im one of THOSE peope...so all marxist-leninists LEAVE the forum. tones :D

JosephTheLibertarian
11-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Well..liberals in 2008 are actually Marxist-leninists..and I am still a Liberty gal..you know one of those "clings to guns and religion" people. You remember, like the Founding Fathers and first american patriots? Im one of THOSE peope...so all marxist-leninists LEAVE the forum. tones :D

You're an elderly neocon

Matt Collins
11-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Hasn't our media changed from one of thousands of small voices, with differing opinions, to four or five mega-corporations spewing the same rhetoric, all because of deregulation?No, remember that the major networks all have a government-granted monopoly through the FCC. ABC is owned by Disney/ESPN. FOX is News Corp, and MS/NBC is owned by Universal. CNN is of course Time Warner (Brothers) which includes AOL and many others. Interestingly enough, according to Wikipedia, one of the board of directors for CNN is also on the board of directors for Fannie Mae.:eek:

LibertyEagle
11-02-2008, 08:26 PM
I bet you don't know what a liberal is. Please, leave this forum.

Tones is welcome here. If you don't like that, perhaps YOU should leave.

LibertyEagle
11-02-2008, 08:28 PM
You're an elderly neocon

Is someone's age an issue for you, Joseph?