PDA

View Full Version : When Ron conceded from the Pres race, where did his Pres. contributions go?

Met Income
10-31-2008, 10:14 PM
Subject says it all. Thanks!

trey4sports
10-31-2008, 10:15 PM
to the rally for republic even that was held. and the website+infrastructure and whatnot

ClockwiseSpark
10-31-2008, 10:16 PM
I have them. Thanks btw :D

RonPaulFanInGA
10-31-2008, 10:17 PM
As best I know, it was spread out between his congressional account (see: other) (http://www.fec.gov/DisclosureSearch/HSRefreshCandList.do?category=disH&stateName=TX&congressId=14), the Campaign for Liberty, his PAC (Liberty PAC (http://www.libertypac.net/)) and some of it even went to B.J. Lawson (http://www.fec.gov/DisclosureSearch/HSRefreshContributorList.do?contComeFrom=candList&cand_id=H8NC04074&contCategory=PAC&category=disH&stateName=NC&congressId=04).

devil21
10-31-2008, 10:18 PM
As best I know, it was spread out between his congressional account (see: other) (http://www.fec.gov/DisclosureSearch/HSRefreshCandList.do?category=disH&stateName=TX&congressId=14), the Campaign for Liberty, his PAC (Liberty PAC (http://www.libertypac.net/)) and some of it even went to B.J. Lawson (http://www.fec.gov/DisclosureSearch/HSRefreshContributorList.do?contComeFrom=candList&cand_id=H8NC04074&contCategory=PAC&category=disH&stateName=NC&congressId=04).

Also, it covered the costs of the Rally for the Republic.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Also, it covered the costs of the Rally for the Republic.

That falls under the Campaign for Liberty, at least for me.

Met Income
10-31-2008, 11:38 PM
Anyone object to Paul cutting out of the race early when so many donated to his Presidential campaign?

phoenixrising
10-31-2008, 11:52 PM
Anyone object to Paul cutting out of the race early when so many donated to his Presidential campaign?

hmmmmmmmmmmm mr 19...what r u attempting to drum up here pray tell????????????

bojo68
11-01-2008, 12:54 AM
anyone object to paul cutting out of the race early when so many donated to his presidential campaign?

yes

Oyate
11-01-2008, 12:58 AM

Perhaps you are right when most of us know the answer. CFL is registered as a PAC and it's a perfectly legal and accepted practice. CFL exists to support the base of GOP activists.

The subject does say it all. The fact that you ask says it all.

LibertyEagle
11-01-2008, 12:59 AM

No. I think he should have cut out after Super Tuesday and saved more of the money for what we're trying to do now.

Oyate
11-01-2008, 01:13 AM
Look at the dork OP's post history. Shill alert.

nodope0695
11-01-2008, 01:27 AM
Maybe it was used to pay for mailers to people who already support him.:D <Joking, people>

Nate
11-01-2008, 06:31 AM

He ended his campaign when the primaries were over and he had already lost. What is there to object to? Running as a 3rd party candidate would not have been helpfull to his stated greater goal which is taking over the Republican Party.
If you think that you could run a better campaign than he did then get off your ass and run for office. Please don't attack the man because he already has enough MSM and political elitist hacks attacking him every day. It's not like he cut out after the first primary and kept the money for himself. He used the money people gave him to help set up the structures needed to keep this movement going for the long term. This is what a leader does. He thinks about the big picture, unlike all his monday morning QB so-called supporters who can't help but keep throwing stones at him from the comfort of their living room while doing nothing but bitch and moan about what he did wrong in their eyes. If you dont like what he is doing then start your own movement and shut up.

Tenbatsu
11-01-2008, 06:37 AM
Exactly, he ended his campaign after competing in each and every primary. How much further is he supposed to go? The third party system is rigged, instead of throwing his money away he invested it into the future. Smart move in my opinion.

JohnMeridith
11-01-2008, 07:27 AM
He didn't end his campaign early. It ran through the primaries. Go away troll.

Met Income
11-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Can Ron use the CFL money for his next election?

klamath
11-01-2008, 10:49 AM

Boy this Obama boy and the mcCain boys are out in force this weekend.:rolleyes:

devil21
11-01-2008, 02:03 PM

Huh? Ron Paul was the last GOP candidate standing other than McCain. Even Mitt "Big Bucks" Romney dropped out long before Ron Paul did. Did you even follow the primaries?

Obvious troll.

StilesBC
11-01-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm pretty sure everyone knows where his contributions went, and I doubt there are many that disagree with that decision.

AbolishTheGovt
11-01-2008, 03:38 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm mr 19...what r u attempting to drum up here pray tell????????????

"Early"??

He held out for an extraordinarily long amount of time. Besides, having an active presidential campaign severely restricted the things he was legally allowed to do.

Eric21ND
11-01-2008, 04:03 PM
hookers and blow

;)

devil21
11-01-2008, 04:35 PM
hookers and blow

;)

Hmmm....

devil21 for President 2012! Ill post my donation link later. :D

Met Income
11-02-2008, 04:07 PM
bump

Aratus
11-02-2008, 04:21 PM
i have a poll thread that goes into the subtleties of mitt romney's run

Aratus
11-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Huh? Ron Paul was the last GOP candidate standing
other than McCain. Even Mitt "Big Bucks" Romney dropped
out long before Ron Paul did. Did you even follow the primaries?

Obvious troll.

i have a poll thread that goes into the ins & outs of mitt romney's run
verses MITT ROMNEY's stance on the issues... as it stands now...
i think MITT is ahead of mitt... and he's thinking of 2012 at times.

Cowlesy
11-02-2008, 04:26 PM
i have a poll thread that goes into the ins & outs of mitt romney's run
verses MITT ROMNEY's stance on the issues... as it stands now...
i think MITT is ahead of mitt... and he's thinking of 2012 at times.

Summon: Wall of Aratus (since we don't have the Wall of Randy anymore)

ronpaulhawaii
11-02-2008, 04:33 PM

LOL :D

I do enjoy watching everyone deal with the Obamanoids and McCainiacs

Aratus
11-02-2008, 04:33 PM
SteveMartin posed the header question better, long ago...
i arrived here after supertuesday, and yesterday, when i
cyber-facepalmed myself totally vigorously and by automatic
reflex, i incompacitated myself by this given degree of ascii
cyber-facepalming so as to make myself lightheaded and
woolyminded. i could not join shemdogg in worcester today.

(facepalm) (facepalm) (facepalm) i remember SteveMartin's thread.
i was happily yesterday being my normal obtuse self until i
heard that DICK CHENEY now endorses JOHN McCAIN...

(facepalm) (facepalm) (facepalm) and again someone is sorta
ignoring what C4L is about (facepalm) (facepalm) (facepalm)

Mini-Me
11-02-2008, 04:35 PM

I can't tell whether Aratus is just crazily incoherent or if she's posting from some higher plane of consciousness that I simply cannot possibly comprehend. ;)

In response to Met Income: Yes, a few people were very upset that Ron Paul did not go all out with the campaign donations and spend them all on his Presidential run by running more commercials, etc. WRellim was one of them (where's he been, anyway? I miss seeing Obi-Wan.). Accepted practice or not, I think they had some valid points, considering they donated to a Presidential run, not the Campaign for Liberty, Liberty PAC, etc. Still, it's not a huge deal for me personally (and I donated more than I probably should have on several occasions, given my income level ;)), and I think that the money may end up being better spent where it is now anyway. Time will tell, I think.

Aratus
11-02-2008, 04:38 PM
my nice youthful looking ex-governor went into debt last winter...
he ran alot of airtime ads showing the rest of the nation his own good
looks and bright ideas. even though he got 60 million dollars in his
campaign kitty, he had some 100 million dollars worth of campaign
expenses. he then REACHED into his own vast fortune and cut a 42 million
dollar check so he would be debt free when 2012 rolls around... and
in my own humble opinion, "big bucks" is british understatement:D
about the GENTLEMAN MITT who some here have dubbed "mittens" romney

Pete
11-02-2008, 04:47 PM
To whom does a gift belong, once given?